AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-29, 12:52   Link #4821
FalsePrime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Duo rocking the camo in FT! lol

Another action-packed GoL chapter; wish it was longer.

I've always found Zechs claiming he'd won his duel against Heero seconds in a bit weird, but I guess he was on a high piloting Tallgeese.

Thanks again, Deacon.
Yeah, makes it even more odd when your arm just gets chopped off so you have no sheild and no way to defend against someone who is already proving to equal or better you in Melee.

When I was younger I figured it was translation error or something.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 13:00   Link #4822
rereremo
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I wish I can discuss the FT last chapter with you too ,but it seems you all read Japanese
Please someone tell me what happened in this chapter.
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 13:38   Link #4823
Eeni
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: refrigerator box
Oh look! Duo is also reading FT on his down time!

Anywho, thanks Deacon ^_^
__________________
There was never a great talent without a bit of insanity.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-08-29 at 14:22.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 15:17   Link #4824
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Volume 7 for Frozen Teardrop comes out on the 26th... I'm still trying to figure out how they have enough material for a volume :S

At any rate, onto Frozen Teardrop, Preventer 5 conclusion. Cue my delusional yammerings on this chapter:

Somehow Doctor J is still alive. I don't know how that old bastard survived the Libra incident and all, but Gundam Evolve has him and Sumizawa cited that back in the prologue, sooooo, yeah. Another odd point is how Quatre is "aware" of the five scientists when last I remember the series played it off like they didn't really know. Unless that stint at the lunar base was enough to get to know them by their names and all.

I'm still trying to figure out how Heero is fighting Dixneuf. Cancer vs Virgo III? Hello, Virgo III has armaments, Cancer has... what? Seriously Dixneuf? You can't hit him? Fail. Then again, the MD mode is activated and he's... fighting him underwater. Of course a Virgo III can't work underwater and the Cancer will be superior. *applauds* So, Heero beats Dixneuf and it sinks to the bottom of the sea.

Duo is still cracking away at the nuke with a computer. He's also conversing with a cat.

"You're Sam, aren't you?"

The cat meowed softly.

He half jokes with the cat, "So, Sam, you wouldn't be able to tell me... the password to release the explosive switch on this could ya? You know it right?"

The cat meows and Yes is displayed on the monitor.

"So the password is?"

The cat meows twice but doesn't display anything on the screen.

"I don't speak cat, so tell me in English, eh?"

So after the cat doesn't say anything they decide "Hey! We HAVE to contact Doctor J." who just... magically has the password and everything. He also trolls them by going "Oh, I forgot to tell you, the same time the explosive device is released, it'll activate the Perfect Peace Program."

Quatre and Duo aren't sure what to do. So, Doctor J tells them they have no choice but to die there. Duo doesn't like his sarcastic humor at all.

Anyways, Relena regains consciousness and they're trying to decide what to do with her. She asks about Heero and they tell her that he was fighting Dixneuf and that afterwards he was stuck on the ocean floor with a damaged propulsion section so he couldn't move.

Relena is all like "Oh but someone is heading there to save him of course, right?"

Except they can't save him at the moment. Oops. And then they have to break it to her they can't save him.

"What about the effects of the nuke? Heero's safe in the sea, isn't he?"

Quatre didn't answer that question. Duo did instead.

"His current location puts him within the Sank Kingdom's bay... it's really unfortunate, but... there's no way to save him."

When Relena heard that she seemed to reach a decision.

"I see..." After falling silent she summoned everyone to her hospital room at the castle.

So, the Little Prince capsule is discussed now. Doctor J mentions a second one (Sleeping Beauty).

Blah blah, Relena has the small computer before her with Sam on it.

"I am Relena Peacecraft. It's a pleasure to meet you, Sam."

"Meow."

Just then the OZ line buzzes in. It's Heero.

"Stop it, Relena! Do not go back to being a Peacecraft!"

"No, Heero. This is the only way we can survive."

"Relena, don't worry about me." (cue his thoughts if life is cheap, especially mine line--ugh drama queen)

"You're wrong, Heero. You should value your life more."

Heero was quiet.

"You've yet to live your life to its fullest. Please continue living... Please show me when your soul shines especially bright." (LMAO WHAT?! Yes, she does say that.)

"Is that my mission?"

"It is my wish."

Relena cut the transmission.

"I won't say goodbye because I believe we will surely meet again."

Relena inputs the password.

Thirty minutes prior to the explosion, the nuclear device was deactivated. However, at the same time, the Perfect Peace Program was activated.

It was late spring night in the Sanc Kingdom. April 9th AC-197 ended in distress. Afterwards, the whereabouts of the five former Gundam pilots was unknown. Peace in the Earth Sphere was still maintained. However, whereas peace was restricted to the Earth Sphere, the gears of disorder known as "history" were turning far, far away on Mars. That is based on the conclusion from the report that the wreckage of the Virgo III could not be located on the bottom of the Sanc Kingdom bay by the Preventer investigative team.

Addition:

When Relena Peacecraft got into the cold sleep capsule known as "The Little Prince", she never looked back. Perhaps her tears had already frozen. However, a teddy bear was being embraced closely in her arms. It was an important memento from Heero.

To be continued...

Relena went to sleep to protect the future, and as time passes, the story returns to the MC era again!
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 15:28   Link #4825
susyia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brazil
yes check the latest pages
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 15:36   Link #4826
FalsePrime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Oh look! Duo is also reading FT on his down time!

Anywho, thanks Deacon ^_^
Given this is the man that somehow got a 20th Gundam Ann Hat in the Endless Waltz Manga, I can't say I'm surprised he is checking out FT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Volume 7 for Frozen Teardrop comes out on the 26th... I'm still trying to figure out how they have enough material for a volume :S

At any rate, onto Frozen Teardrop, Preventer 5 conclusion. Cue my delusional yammerings on this chapter:


Just then the OZ line buzzes in. It's Heero.

"Stop it, Relena! Do not go back to being a Peacecraft!"

"No, Heero. This is the only way we can survive."

"Relena, don't worry about me." (cue his thoughts if life is cheap, especially mine line--ugh drama queen)

"You're wrong, Heero. You should value your life more."

Heero was quiet.

"You've yet to live your life to its fullest. Please continue living... Please show me when your soul shines especially bright." (LMAO WHAT?! Yes, she does say that.)

"Is that my mission?"

"It is my wish."

Relena cut the transmission.

"I won't say goodbye because I believe we will surely meet again."

Relena inputs the password.

Thirty minutes prior to the explosion, the nuclear device was deactivated. However, at the same time, the Perfect Peace Program was activated.

It was late spring night in the Sanc Kingdom. April 9th AC-197 ended in distress. Afterwards, the whereabouts of the five former Gundam pilots was unknown. Peace in the Earth Sphere was still maintained. However, whereas peace was restricted to the Earth Sphere, the gears of disorder known as "history" were turning far, far away on Mars. That is based on the conclusion from the report that the wreckage of the Virgo III could not be located on the bottom of the Sanc Kingdom bay by the Preventer investigative team.

Addition:

When Relena Peacecraft got into the cold sleep capsule known as "The Little Prince", she never looked back. Perhaps her tears had already frozen. However, a teddy bear was being embraced closely in her arms. It was an important memento from Heero.

To be continued...

Relena went to sleep to protect the future, and as time passes, the story returns to the MC era again!
Wow. Sumizawa couldn't Ship Heero/Relena any harder if he fucking tried.

That said, he again did Duo just fine so it makes me feel even better that we will get something to explain Duo's personality change in ME. Overall not bad, some really out of place shipping aside (Heero needing to shine brightly was just WTF???) but overall not bad.

They are already releasing a book? Is this one going to be significantly smaller then all the rest? Because I can't imagine they have even 3/4th's of the last 6. Still I will certainly pick it up, the art amazing and Preventer 5 has been more enjoyable then over half of the Anime was to me.

Last edited by FalsePrime; 2012-08-29 at 15:46.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 15:53   Link #4827
susyia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brazil
wow but wich part duo and quatre find the cat..... in the latest chapter they were not mentioned
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 15:58   Link #4828
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Uh they were mentioned in the latest chapter, which is what I summarized above. The cat is the AI program on the computer.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:34   Link #4829
gordol
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
LOL, was just about to ask about the Virgo III Astoria, hey Deacon can you go in details? How did the Virgo III end on the ocean, did it even try to use its weapons? Did Heero defeat him by using the claws or torpedoes?
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:49   Link #4830
rereremo
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Uh they were mentioned in the latest chapter, which is what I summarized above. The cat is the AI program on the computer.
Very big thanks
rereremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 19:14   Link #4831
susyia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brazil
thanks deacon
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 19:41   Link #4832
Tendou Souji
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
I take back what I said. That chapter sounds awesome.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 20:21   Link #4833
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I didn't wanna do this, but... it's the easiest way to do the Virgo description.

Spoiler:


Also... cybernetics? Really Sumizawa?
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 20:43   Link #4834
FalsePrime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Cybernetics doesn't seem like such a big deal to me when they have giant robots, colonies and are terraforming Mars.

Granted the fact that Cybernetics is something to be shocked by seems more surprising then them actually having them, or them being relativily new. Wufei being super man and the hench men shaking because of fear was a bit of WTF for me.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 20:46   Link #4835
gordol
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I didn't wanna do this, but... it's the easiest way to do the Virgo description.

Spoiler:


Also... cybernetics? Really Sumizawa?
Thanks Deacon! I still really want to know how the Virgo was baited to fight underwater, or whatever happened.

So Virgo III using this, interesting

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 00:31   Link #4836
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Still funny that Relena is the Prince and Heero is the Princess. Makes sense since Heero hates wearing pants but Relena loves to wear pants.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 01:30   Link #4837
Eeni
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: refrigerator box
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
That said, he again did Duo just fine so it makes me feel even better that we will get something to explain Duo's personality change in ME. Overall not bad, some really out of place shipping aside (Heero needing to shine brightly was just WTF???) but overall not bad.
Doubt we'll get an explanation other then, "Oh crap! I forgot I was married!"

Am I the only one who feels insulted at Heero's depiction here? Again, it feels so fanficy... "Is that my mission?" Really? Heero MUST have a mission to fulfill in order to live? He can never amount to anything else other then someone who needs to follow some orders given to him? What happened to the kid that was presented in Blind Target who, by all appearances was moving forward in his life? From the little that we were shown you get the impression that he's happy just blending into the world and being "normal" (whatever "normal" means to him). He even decided to hang up his gundam and go back to that normal life by the end of BT. In EW, he only acts when trouble is afoot, he doesn't wait around for someone to tell him there's some evil plan being hatched. He decides that he doesn't want to be used as a weapon anymore, and swears that he will never kill again. And yet again, he goes back to blending into the mundane, normal world. It took him half a series and an OVA, but he's finally listening to his heart. And now this...
__________________
There was never a great talent without a bit of insanity.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 02:01   Link #4838
FalsePrime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Doubt we'll get an explanation other then, "Oh crap! I forgot I was married!"

Am I the only one who feels insulted at Heero's depiction here? Again, it feels so fanficy... "Is that my mission?" Really? Heero MUST have a mission to fulfill in order to live? He can never amount to anything else other then someone who needs to follow some orders given to him? What happened to the kid that was presented in Blind Target who, by all appearances was moving forward in his life? From the little that we were shown you get the impression that he's happy just blending into the world and being "normal" (whatever "normal" means to him). He even decided to hang up his gundam and go back to that normal life by the end of BT. In EW, he only acts when trouble is afoot, he doesn't wait around for someone to tell him there's some evil plan being hatched. He decides that he doesn't want to be used as a weapon anymore, and swears that he will never kill again. And yet again, he goes back to blending into the mundane, normal world. It took him half a series and an OVA, but he's finally listening to his heart. And now this...
If anything this is him listening to his heart.

The way he communicates with Relena and how complicated their relationship has been probably makes it easier to for him to handle such a difficult situation.

Also, which is Blind Target? Is that the one where they kiss at the end? If so there has really been no place or hint that Sumizawa is factoring that particular story into this.

Overall, I think you are taking the Heero thing way to personally. He may have tried to move on but Heero even by the way Bandai and other media paints Heero even after the event of EW always as a pretty damaged individual who neither acts normal or likely lives a normal life.

Last edited by FalsePrime; 2012-08-30 at 12:14.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 05:03   Link #4839
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Heero always needed missions to do anything, it's sorta his thing. Though he kinda dropped that obsession by the end of Endless Waltz.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 05:07   Link #4840
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Thanks Deacon! I still really want to know how the Virgo was baited to fight underwater, or whatever happened.
I'm getting there :P I'm still translating part of the chapter. Patience, my friend, patience

Spoiler:
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 2012-08-30 at 06:37.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam wing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.