AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-29, 11:34   Link #1241
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
i hope kishi can explain the possible shortcomings of this outcome, namely along the timeline. i think this reveal proves that long haired tobi was someone else. probably madara, but possibly izuna. which means that kisame and itachi recognized both tobis as the same person? i'm not quite getting that

but after all, the theory with the most evidence is true. i like this outcome so far, pending explanation. there were a couple facts along the way that simply discounted other options. the first was the name, the second was the fact that tobi never took kakashi's eye, and the third was kakashi's importance to tobi, not just lately, but they met several times along the years and chatted more than any other tobi theories would have, tobi's otherwise pointless sharingan reveal to kakashi, etc...

now i just want to see the extent of madara's involvement and influence here
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 12:01   Link #1242
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
I'm just weirded out by it all. To come back to your original comparison to Sasuke. Obito was never shown to have any big life-altering events that Sasuke had. By the time Sasuke was Obito's age, he was no longer that "sweet kid" you seem to call him.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 12:18   Link #1243
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm just weirded out by it all.
yea. even though it's what i expected, it is definitely strange to actually see it

Quote:
To come back to your original comparison to Sasuke. Obito was never shown to have any big life-altering events that Sasuke had. By the time Sasuke was Obito's age, he was no longer that "sweet kid" you seem to call him.
well we just have yet to see it. i'm sure it will involve madara, rin and obito gaining MS. like Hunter speculated a while ago, obito may have actually killed rin to get his MS
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 12:28   Link #1244
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
That's the main reason why I'm reserving judgment until I know the entire picture.

I'm not saying this is true, or that I believe this to have any chance of being true.

But it'd be funny if it was Obito's body, posessed by the spirit of a character we know nothing about.


There, suddenly ALL theories are true.


Again, this is meant to be a joke. :P
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 14:08   Link #1245
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That's the main reason why I'm reserving judgment until I know the entire picture.

I'm not saying this is true, or that I believe this to have any chance of being true.

But it'd be funny if it was Obito's body, posessed by the spirit of a character we know nothing about.


There, suddenly ALL theories are true.


Again, this is meant to be a joke. :P
yeah obito might as well be standing there with the mask still on considering all the gaps that need to be filled...i fill like there might be two masked men but obitos eye was definitely in play when the original mask fought the 4th so a possessed obito body could work too
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 16:08   Link #1246
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
yeah obito might as well be standing there with the mask still on considering all the gaps that need to be filled...i fill like there might be two masked men but obitos eye was definitely in play when the original mask fought the 4th so a possessed obito body could work too
yea. he also had the short hair when he fought minato. it makes sense that obito wouldn't have been strong enough to fight minato at that time so madara or whoever pulls the strings of tobi just fully took over for that fight. perhaps over time, obito's original personality was able to break free more and more, but back then tobi was basically madara. that would explain why tobi has started deviating from madara's original plans a little as well, since obito wants to do his own thing and isn't in as tight shackles

when tobi had long hair we never saw him do anything specific aside form genjutsu control the mizukage which can be any sharingan in powerful hands really, so it could very well be someone else. in the timeline tobi goes from long to short and then back to long hair, so it's actually most likely that it is 2 separate people. and this short hair tobi may also be 2 people in the same body

the only thing missing from the dual personalites theory is them arguing with each other like zetsu does, but that probably would have given too much away if it is even where kishi is going with this
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:23   Link #1247
Hiking_Bear
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
I don't think that Tobi is two separate people. I think it's more likely that Obito just grew out his hair. For me, the long hair is just something Kishimoto threw in to make the Tobi-Madara connection more convincing. I wouldn't read too much into it. The fact is that there is nothing in the timeline that prevents Obito from being Tobi in all of his appearances.

However, I will stick by my belief that Obito is being controlled by Madara somehow (possibly possessed by a portion of his chakra)
__________________
Whenever someone writes the word "probably", I read it as "possibly, but not likely"
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:40   Link #1248
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
I don't think that Tobi is two separate people. I think it's more likely that Obito just grew out his hair. For me, the long hair is just something Kishimoto threw in to make the Tobi-Madara connection more convincing. I wouldn't read too much into it. The fact is that there is nothing in the timeline that prevents Obito from being Tobi in all of his appearances.

However, I will stick by my belief that Obito is being controlled by Madara somehow (possibly possessed by a portion of his chakra)
but if this is obito only, what the deal with snatching nagatos eye saying its his...kakashi has that left eye...
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 18:23   Link #1249
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
I don't think that Tobi is two separate people. I think it's more likely that Obito just grew out his hair. For me, the long hair is just something Kishimoto threw in to make the Tobi-Madara connection more convincing. I wouldn't read too much into it. The fact is that there is nothing in the timeline that prevents Obito from being Tobi in all of his appearances.
that is true, but he would have had to cut it for his minato fight and then grow it out again before the uchiha massacre? that doesnt really make sense to me, although it is possible if hair can even grow that fast. long haired tobi is a lot longer than short hair tobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
but if this is obito only, what the deal with snatching nagatos eye saying its his...kakashi has that left eye...
exactly why i think madara is partly tobi as well. Hiking Bear does too if you read what he said correctly
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 18:32   Link #1250
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Uhhh, when he said "The Rinnegan is mine" he was still being "Madara".
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 18:37   Link #1251
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Uhhh, when he said "The Rinnegan is mine" he was still being "Madara".
and your point?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 03:19   Link #1252
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Meaning him saying that makes perfect sense. Obviously. Stop dismissing things I say on account of me being the one saying them.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 04:04   Link #1253
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Meaning him saying that makes perfect sense. Obviously. Stop dismissing things I say on account of me being the one saying them.
you're being super defensive buddy. i merely did not see your point... if i was dismissing you i wouldn't have bothered to ask what you were talking about
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 04:09   Link #1254
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Errr ok. I mean, when he said the Rinnegan was his, he was speaking as if he were Madara still.

As for him having no reason to lie about being Madara, well.. Whether he has a reason to or not, he actually did lie.

Maybe I should've added in a quote or something. I was replying to something that was said on the last page.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 04:25   Link #1255
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
As for him having no reason to lie about being Madara, well.. Whether he has a reason to or not, he actually did lie.
well, we won't know until it's proven whether madara's spirit is part of tobi or not. if it is, which i think, then this and a bunch of other supposed plot holes will cease to exist
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 07:22   Link #1256
prakash123
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Uhhh, when he said "The Rinnegan is mine" he was still being "Madara".
he wasnt being madara when he said that.it was more like he was being izuna.it would make sense because technically madara unlocked to rinnegan with izuna's implanted eyes.thats why he wants it back.thus saying hes taking back what belongs to him.i think izuna is inside of obito not madara.izuna and madara have somekind of feud going on ever since madara stole his eyes.there were 2 different storys to how madara came in possession of his bros eyes and im going with the stealing of the eyes.i dont think izuna just gave it up willingly...or mayebe he didnt have a choice but to give em to madara

Last edited by prakash123; 2012-08-30 at 11:30.
prakash123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 07:45   Link #1257
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash123 View Post
he was being madara when he said that.it was more like he was being izuna.it would make sense because technically madara unlocked to rinnegan with izuna's implanted eyes.thats why he wants it back.thus saying hes taking back what belongs to him.i think izuna is inside of obito not madara.izuna and madara have somekind of feud going on ever since madara stole his eyes.there were 2 different storys to how madara came in possession of his bros eyes and im going with the stealing of the eyes.i dont think izuna just gave it up willingly...or mayebe he didnt have a choice but to give em to madara
obito is possibly izunas descendant
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 09:44   Link #1258
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 33
I'm going with the theory that Tobi is in fact two seperate people, i.e. Madara and Obito. Master and apprentice working together as the same alias.
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 11:04   Link #1259
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
People should note that "Tobi" is only the alias he took when he "joined" Akatsuki. In all other instances he's just known as "That masked man".
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 11:58   Link #1260
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
People should note that "Tobi" is only the alias he took when he "joined" Akatsuki. In all other instances he's just known as "That masked man".
I don't really see what that proves, but for the akatsuki members in the know, like itachi, nagato and konan, he was always known as "Madara". they just went along with the alias in front of the lesser members to keep "Madara's" anonymity.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tobi

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.