AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

View Poll Results: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 2 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 12.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 37.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-19, 06:02   Link #461
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
[citation needed]
By the extremely limited attempts to market to the West after the collapse. Now the only thing they do is to put English subs in their anime discs. Like with the Wonderland OVA. They no longer dream of getting a bundle of free money from Western companies. The money is still there... They just can't count on it anymore.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 23:40   Link #462
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
The Japanese entertainment industry very much wants the Western market. Especially since their own market is unstable as of late.

They just don't know how to do it.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 10:52   Link #463
wredsa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Has the release date for dvd/blue ray been revised?
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 13:13   Link #464
gordol
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
No release date for dvd/blue ray yet, expect later this year

Some character design skecthes









gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 19:05   Link #465
wredsa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
No release date for dvd/blue ray yet, expect later this year
Damn they had been toying with us for last 3 years and they want to delay for some more time ... I do not have any emoticon to express how I am feeling
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 00:37   Link #466
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
The Japanese entertainment industry very much wants the Western market. Especially since their own market is unstable as of late.

They just don't know how to do it.
One thing is for sure. They are not going to achieve it by changing the behaviours of characters in this anime. That's not how it works. I don't see Americans buy foreign TV shows by how pro-America it is. I just don't see what Bonzo was on about.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 08:20   Link #467
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Ah, those pics remind me of Kallen. Those tomboys always have ridiculous boob sizes in CG.

Strange that her piloting suit has high heels on it....
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 11:08   Link #468
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In your Dreams. And Nightmares
The CG Twitter page has just confirmed that the Lancelot WILL be appearing in Akito the Exiled at some point, and apparently with a new design too. (Since they remodeled the Panzer-Hummels, this isn't too surprising, but I'm really interested in how it's going to look in 3D CG.)

Also, the ages of the main characters have been confirmed: Akito, Reila, Anna and Ryou are all 17, Yukiya is 16 and Ayano is 15.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 11:21   Link #469
gordol
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
The CG Twitter page has just confirmed that the Lancelot WILL be appearing in Akito the Exiled at some point, and apparently with a new design too. (Since they remodeled the Panzer-Hummels, this isn't too surprising, but I'm really interested in how it's going to look in 3D CG.)

Also, the ages of the main characters have been confirmed: Akito, Reila, Anna and Ryou are all 17, Yukiya is 16 and Ayano is 15.
Awesome! now the long wait...
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 11:48   Link #470
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 36
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
At last always too much young in my opinion, the clamp design show always childs or mature women, not care if the age written in the data is..."out of place"

However, do you know why japan use always teenager for the dirt job? Because for their education, it's their duty and no care about a paycheck.

Try to think, how many anime the child-teenager character spoke about to be paid for to save the world?

I remind only Watta Takeo from trider g-seven, a 1980 anime.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 17:19   Link #471
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
The CG Twitter page has just confirmed that the Lancelot WILL be appearing in Akito the Exiled at some point, and apparently with a new design too. (Since they remodeled the Panzer-Hummels, this isn't too surprising, but I'm really interested in how it's going to look in 3D CG.)

Also, the ages of the main characters have been confirmed: Akito, Reila, Anna and Ryou are all 17, Yukiya is 16 and Ayano is 15.
New design? Don't tell me they'll use Akito to make way for a remade R2 with Akito's surviving members joining Zero....

Well, at least Akito might not be as stupid as the rest of the Black Knights and will convince everyone to not betray Zero if he did join up. Personally I wouldn't mind an R2 with a heavily modified ending, give Lelouch his much deserved happy ending with Kallen, C.C., Shirley, Kaguya(Maybe.... Not), or all of them at the same time!

Yes, there are still those bitter that the Black Knights got a fairy tale ending(Why did Ohgi not die!? Cornelia too, she has not changed at all and has done nothing to deserve living in bliss!) while Lelouch was screwed over and Kallen isn't even allowed to move on considering the Birthday special ending.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 17:28   Link #472
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
New design? Don't tell me they'll use Akito to make way for a remade R2 with Akito's surviving members joining Zero....
I think it's quite premature for most of those thoughts.

By "new design" I think that just means the 3D CG model of the Lancelot will have more details.

Just like how the models for the Sutherland and Glasgow, not only the Panzer Hummel, already look a little bit different from the original versions we saw in the show. It's also a common procedure in Gundam spin-off series, where they keep making tweaks to old mecha designs all the time.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 17:57   Link #473
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
I can have hope, if Akito can fix the R2 ending and slap sense into the Black Knights than he'll become one of the most beloved CG characters. Let me have this, at least than I can get myself to watch Akito without the dread of knowing that R2 follows after it and Lelouch and Kallen aren't screwed over.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 07:06   Link #474
rinichan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
I want Akito to appear on the 2 month time skip before Zero requiem... EU's last stand...
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 11:47   Link #475
wredsa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
New design? Don't tell me they'll use Akito to make way for a remade R2 with Akito's surviving members joining Zero....

Well, at least Akito might not be as stupid as the rest of the Black Knights and will convince everyone to not betray Zero if he did join up. Personally I wouldn't mind an R2 with a heavily modified ending, give Lelouch his much deserved happy ending with Kallen, C.C., Shirley, Kaguya(Maybe.... Not), or all of them at the same time!

Yes, there are still those bitter that the Black Knights got a fairy tale ending(Why did Ohgi not die!? Cornelia too, she has not changed at all and has done nothing to deserve living in bliss!) while Lelouch was screwed over and Kallen isn't even allowed to move on considering the Birthday special ending.
Lelouch wanted to be a martyr for a "yashashi sekai" and we should support his wish. Lelouch is not screwed over he is just that awesome to not care much about his reputation. In short Lelouch became what he needed to be for his grand mission to be success.

I think the only screwed over char is Schneizel, he has been geassed to become Zero's bi*** for the rest of his life.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 05:29   Link #476
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredsa View Post
Lelouch wanted to be a martyr for a "yashashi sekai" and we should support his wish. Lelouch is not screwed over he is just that awesome to not care much about his reputation. In short Lelouch became what he needed to be for his grand mission to be success.
No he didn't. After the "Nunnally swallowed by FLEIJA"/betrayal clusterfuck pileup of R2 18/19 that left him isolated, he practically lost his will to live. There were other options aside from Zero Requiem, which itself was more destructive than the rebellion was, and the latter actually became legitimate once the UFN was formed. The reason Lelouch is considered screwed over is that characters like Ohgi and Villetta who were responsible for it in the first place got the happy ending, as did the likes of Cornelia who supported Pax Britannia by killed many civilians for not being Britannian and helped occupy their nations.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 12:49   Link #477
wredsa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
No he didn't. After the "Nunnally swallowed by FLEIJA"/betrayal clusterfuck pileup of R2 18/19 that left him isolated, he practically lost his will to live. There were other options aside from Zero Requiem, which itself was more destructive than the rebellion was, and the latter actually became legitimate once the UFN was formed. The reason Lelouch is considered screwed over is that characters like Ohgi and Villetta who were responsible for it in the first place got the happy ending, as did the likes of Cornelia who supported Pax Britannia by killed many civilians for not being Britannian and helped occupy their nations.
Remember Lelouch's motto " Those who shoot, should be prepared to be shot at "
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 22:09   Link #478
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredsa View Post
Lelouch wanted to be a martyr for a "yashashi sekai" and we should support his wish. Lelouch is not screwed over he is just that awesome to not care much about his reputation. In short Lelouch became what he needed to be for his grand mission to be success.

I think the only screwed over char is Schneizel, he has been geassed to become Zero's bi*** for the rest of his life.
Had Lelouch not been betrayed he wouldn't have decided on ZR. That's why he was screwed over, the Betrayal was the final nail in the coffin for him.

Ohgi should have suffered for his idiocy and pushing the man Kallen loved over the edge while he was still grieving over Nunnally. Before the betrayal Lelouch was depressed but he wasn't suicidal than and even apologized for keeping Kallen waiting when she was captured. That and he aws still going to preform his duties as Zero when they asked for him, the betrayal was just too much and he knew Schneziel being there meant it was over. That and he did consider using Geass before seeing Schneziel.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 12:34   Link #479
wredsa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Had Lelouch not been betrayed he wouldn't have decided on ZR. That's why he was screwed over, the Betrayal was the final nail in the coffin for him.

Ohgi should have suffered for his idiocy and pushing the man Kallen loved over the edge while he was still grieving over Nunnally. Before the betrayal Lelouch was depressed but he wasn't suicidal than and even apologized for keeping Kallen waiting when she was captured. That and he aws still going to preform his duties as Zero when they asked for him, the betrayal was just too much and he knew Schneziel being there meant it was over. That and he did consider using Geass before seeing Schneziel.
Lelouch was walking guilt machine; for example, remember the time when killed General Katase. He had been feeling guilty for using his geass and he was always reaching the boiling point, so he would take his own life anyway after he liberated the world, that was his character anyway.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 21:49   Link #480
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredsa View Post
Remember Lelouch's motto " Those who shoot, should be prepared to be shot at "
What about Cornelia, for instance?
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.