AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-01-03, 00:14   Link #161
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I'm talking about the staying fit, eating right, etc...

As for Lacus's interpersonal skills...she must have interacted with her father's friends, or their children or whatnot...nobility with nobility, ya know? There is a lot that wasn't covered in 100 episodes.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 00:17   Link #162
Moon Eclipse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
I'm talking about the staying fit, eating right, etc...

As for Lacus's interpersonal skills...she must have interacted with her father's friends, or their children or whatnot...nobility with nobility, ya know? There is a lot that wasn't covered in 100 episodes.
The excercise is to there to ensure a healthy body and high metabolic rate. Something achieved by genetic manipulation. They don't necessarily have to exercise to grow to be 7 foot tall and skinny, toned greek gods and goddess

The way you act and I do mean act around nobility and political associates does not reflect on every day interpersonal interaction. They're quite different
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 00:26   Link #163
cloudedge
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Eclipse
I believe it to be similar to an attitude test, the combination of genetic traits makes you stronger in some areas while not as strong in other (or maybe the idea is that you don't excel as much in other areas. I don't really know if you actually get weaker in others given that everyone's been genetially manipulated on the coordinator side).

I've heard of the story... It's the one where you have the "coordinator" type and "naturalists" types. Where the "coordinator" types invent machines to take over the labour of earth the "naturalists" believe everyone should revert to an agrarian culture again, and they end up sending the "naturalists" to other planets to be argrarian there?

Because we never got to see the full extent of control which the Destiny Plan entails. My guess control would almost be absolute including population control and population make up (ie. you have X number of people being born within a year and the beak up is n% is workers, y% is doctors and 0% is lawyers)
Ok, let me make this clear... so say your gene score something like:

156 IQ
85/100 Communication Skill
55/100 Analytical Skill
75/100 Eye Hand Coordeination
etc etc etc

How do you translate this result to a profession? There is infinate combination of scores and not everyone of them is mapped to a profession. At some point in the calculation, there will be some "interpretation" that "translate" the score to the end results (your profession)... the problem is can we believe in the translation algorithm? I truely can't see how to do these 4 crucial steps that is the core of Destiny Plan:

1. Quantify A peron's talent/potential/personalities/traits
2. Accurately predict how much of the potential skills will actually be aquired by the person
3. Translate an infinately combination of talent/potential/personalities/traits into a profession that you can prove to be the most suited for the person without subjective interpretation.
------------------------------------
4. and after the first 3 step, still balance the economic of labour supply/demand
i.e. so we have 500 ppl qualify for being a pop star, but we only really need 5, who should we choose? and what should the 495 ppl who get rejected be?
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 00:27   Link #164
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
7 foot? Athrun might get six foot. As for Lacus and Kira, aren't they like 5'5" or 5'4" or something? And yes, genetic manipulation solves a lot of things, but keep in mind that Lacus is already second gen. So she actually had no tampering done to her. Geez, we don't even know WHAT Lacus's mother look liked...

Although I have an idea...JUST LIKE LACUS ^_^

@ Cloudedge: frankly, I really can't tell. I don't think Fukuda even intended for people to be analyzing it like this! I wonder if anyone has introduced the man to Orwellian novels =/
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 00:29   Link #165
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
@ Moon Eclipse

I think he was referring to the chibi presentation...

And as far as genes and abilities are concerned...

Moon Eclipse already stated several good points as to how genes and abilities go together hand in hand. It's not always the nurture aspect, it's not always the genes aspect, but, in order to be able to excel at something, you must have both the genes and the nurture aspect in order to do just that. Because without the superior genes to be especially good in quantum physics, even though you take 1,000 years to study the same book again and again and you are being taught by a very good teacher at that, chances are, you're not going to excel at it. And while at this, if you're actually allergic to the idea of numbers (that is, you abhor math), couple this with your non-gene disposition of not being ably gifted with this love or whatever, you wouldn't learn anything at all.

It's because of this fact that we have families of doctors, lawyers, artists, politicians and what have you, because of their genes, and at the same time of the nurture aspect (being around people with the same intellect or whatever to nurture this genetic side of things). But there are also a few exceptions to this rule.

RIGHT GENES, RIGHT NURTURE, WANT DIFFERENT PATH

There are a few cases wherein some actually want to break out of the mold created by their families by becoming an entirely different person (let's say, an artist breaking away from a family of lawyers). He may have the same genetic disposition of becoming a really good lawyer, but because he feels that he is more suited to the arts, or doesn't actually love law at first sight, he goes on a different path. Which could be really hard because of the family pressure or whatever, sometimes to the extreme extent of having him excommunicated from the rest of the family, cut off from the will...and lots of other drama anthology series stuff thrown in besides. He may as well be viewed by the rest of the family as the infamous "black sheep" and wouldn't want to do anything with him after the path shift. But there are still some who would support him all the way in case he falters in his decision in doing the right thing and so get back on track.

RIGHT GENES, NOT ACTUALLY RIGHT NURTURE, WANT DIFFERENT PATH

The only exceptional cases would be the really brilliant people coming from backgrounds not entirely suited for the job they want to have (example, a doctor coming from a family of farmers in a hacienda). The family will all oppose it, but given his nature that he wanted to be out of the same situation his family is all in and that he is extremely capable fo being a doctor (gifted genes could spring up in the most unlikely places too, mind you), he would do everything in his power to achieve that dream, whatever it takes. That is, he must have a really strong resolve, have a good support system (friends, mentors, even some family members who think that he deserves a chance to be a doctor) and knows that there will be a lot of hardships before actually realizing that dream (meaning he might get a part time job in order to pay the tuition fees or what have you, or maintaining that average in order to be still on the scholarship).

JUST RIGHT GENES, RIGHT NURTURE, WRONG PATH

Somebody more suited for the arts is not somebody suited for the sciences, somebody suited for teaching is not somebody suited for becoming a world class jet fighter pilot...the case of parents still choosing college courses suited for their own children (which could likely lead to the first scenario above) or worse, lead children to the impending doom of not being able to do what they really wanted when they were younger. The right nurture in this case would be the parents giving all their best for their children suited to the career they want for them, and the children going on along with it in order to please their parents (and the just right genes would be the ability in getting the necessary GPAs for that right, high paying job without any heart in it at all; just so that they could please their parents). They would struggle all throughout their college years to do just that, when their hearts are set elsewhere. Then they would end up in a job that is actually work for them (doing the same things everyday and getting bored by it or becoming indifferent about it so much so that it could affect their own families later on).

WRONG GENES, WRONG NURTURE, WRONG PATH

Take a scenario like something above only having them come from a totally different background that has no relation with the job he wanted whatsoever then he embarks on a path that was so entirely wrong for him...

WRONG GENES, RIGHT NURTURE, RIGHT PATH

This is something only the select few were able to achieve (because some of the rest are just too trying to find it). They may be suited for other skills but then they go on this hobby or took a class on a subject that they actually hated at first, but then they liked it, then eventually loved it, then go down a path they never even dreamed of doing for the rest of their lives...and actually enjoying it.

@ Demongod

It's either just me or have you also forgotten that the Coordinator thing gives the would be parents the right to choose what eye/hair color, + the immunity against all diseases, + enhanced mental/physical aspects to give to their children...? Given the right nurture aspect + genetics, it's also not the genetics = one all, end all thing/screw nurturing you are saying...

And that clip show only shows that Dullindal was more capable of doing the job because he has the supporting genes to make him so, unlike Djibril who might only be there because he paid that company lots of money to be put there and he has no supporting genes to back him up with.

@ Anh_Minh

Extendeds are just the EAF's perfect soldiers for perfect/total world domination, nothing more, nothing less. They don't feel any emotions, and because of this fact, they were more efficient than having regular soldiers (post traumatic battle syndromes or whatever) and when they do go on a killing spree, they REALLY go on a killing spree (unlike soldiers who still maintain the morality aspect of their actions). Dullindal isn't stupid, that is why he unveiled the Destiny Plan so that everything would be determined rightly, and do away with the systems that put each and every one of them in such a state, and not somebody they ought to be (as what Moon was also trying to point out, too). It has nothing to do with genetics; it's more of the survival of the fittest (given the Lodonia facility was picking up random children whatsoever for their Extended projects and aren't dictated from what class, social standing, race or whatever).

Dullindal is also as guilty as Lacus when he's not saying outrightly that he is right. But then again, he actually acknowledges that he has certain faults, which is something Lacus does not do (her "lackeys" saying "no Lacus-sama, you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT~~~!!! How could you even say you are WRONG?!?!?!?! " kind of voids this "acknowledgment" of hers... ).

And what accomplishments/abilities...? Um, are you referring to her chaos and confusion into the battlefield miracle??? If that is the case, then what an accomplishmentand an ability. (extreme sarcasm) She wasn't even able to alleviate whatever hostilities she had left over from the first war, in fact in even became much worse, and her godly faction's "resolution" of the second war only made it even more worse. Her Lacus dust dictates everything that SHOULD be, and she would be if it happened otherwise, if that "evil" in question were to challenge her divinity. So she sends off her demigods to Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice those who come her way, pronto (and from the looks of things...Destiny them, as
well... ). Now, since all the poor people of the CE don't know any better, they hire her back again to make the world into another GSD, 2nd to nth season.

Now there's no reason why we should be at Gundam SEED Eternity.

@ wingdarkness

I couldn't agree more. Damn good post.
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 00:32   Link #166
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
I'm tired of people saying "good post"...I want rep...I'm superficial too you know ...damn hacker...killing all my rep...I had 3 little green things...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 00:34   Link #167
Moon Eclipse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedge
Ok, let me make this clear... so say your gene score something like:

156 IQ
85/100 Communication Skill
55/100 Analytical Skill
75/100 Eye Hand Coordeination
etc etc etc

How do you translate this result to a profession? There is infinate combination of scores and not everyone of them is mapped to a profession. At some point in the calculation, there will be some "interpretation" that "translate" the score to the end results (your profession)... the problem is can we believe in the translation algorithm? I truely can't see how to do these 4 crucial steps that is the core of Destiny Plan:

1. Quantify A peron's talent/potential/personalities/traits
2. Accurately predict how much of the potential skills will actually be aquired by the person
3. Translate an infinately combination of talent/potential/personalities/traits into a profession that you can prove to be the most suited for the person without subjective interpretation.
------------------------------------
4. and after the first 3 step, still balance the economic of labour supply/demand
i.e. so we have 500 ppl qualify for being a pop star, but we only really need 5, who should we choose? and what should the 495 ppl who get rejected be?
The genetic code written out out longer than any apatitude test you or I or anyone can ever write or do. I'm sure it'd be more specific and better, as long as they could interprete and understand it. Genetics defines predispositions to such things as ADD, introvertedness, extroverteness, mental instability, various mental and physical conditions... the list goes on. You can theoretically make exact specifications of the ideal person in each profession down to a science. The top genetically accurate people out of the 500. Everyone's different, but we've got a template for the perfect pop star. Who has a 100% match? No one? widen the margin, 99.9999...% match? only 2 people? sligthly larger.... or maybe hell, we already know who's going to be the one. We genetically planned for it in our gene manipulation at the fetal stage of development
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 00:38   Link #168
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
I'm tired of people saying "good post"...I want rep...I'm superficial too you know ...damn hacker...killing all my rep...I had 3 little green things...
I'll give you soon, don't worry.
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 00:45   Link #169
cloudedge
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Eclipse
You can theoretically make exact specifications of the ideal person in each profession down to a science.

Everyone's different, but we've got a template for the perfect pop star. Who has a 100% match?

We genetically planned for it in our gene manipulation at the fetal stage of development
Wola~ we got the key words and the root of the problem.

How do we define the "Ideal Person" for each profession.

How do we define the "Template"?

This is the question that I have been talking about. These definations are subjective.. and according to Destiny plan They are define by the government.
Is that what you consider utopia?

I seriously recommend you to read Brave New World. In the novel, they have even more technique than manipulating genes, education and economics, and still it's a horrible dystopia. (Read it with 1984 for a even clear picture )
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 00:50   Link #170
Moon Eclipse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedge
Wola~ we got the key words and the root of the problem.

How do we define the "Ideal Person" for each profession.

How do we define the "Template"?

This is the question that I have been talking about. These definations are subjective.. and according to Destiny plan They are define by the government.
Is that what you consider utopia?

I seriously recommend you to read Brave New World. In the novel, they have even more technique than manipulating genes, education and economics, and still it's a horrible dystopia. (Read it with 1984 for a even clear picture )
Science and research, as Gil had said in his universe wide commercial. "After years of study the top scientist of PLANT have come up with... the Destiny Plan

Everything's define by the system. I think we've all become clear about this.

ps. So by that last part I'm guessing my synopsis of the book was not "Brave New World"? Oh okay I got it now I remember what brave new world was about
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 01:06   Link #171
cloudedge
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 31
lol... researches and sciences are empirical methods that heavily depends on "observations" and statistics

I happened to take a Empirical Study / Statistic Course last term and for anyone who have taken any high level Statistic course they'll understand that when you write a conclusion on any statistics results, it's HIGHLY subjective and often Error Prone and have numerous limitations.

To say that these definations come from researches (which directly translate to sampling a selected small percentage of the entire population) just means to me that this entire plan is a way for the writer of the plan to play god, because he controls the sampling / interpretations of the statistics.

I think it's pretty inarguable that to map a colation between gene and profession, there have to be some subjective interpretation. And whoever that is doing this interpretation (or setting the standard for it) is just simply playing god.

Which is why I see that Lacus choose to fight the Destiny Plan

Edit:
Note to the pop star problem:
So even when the most suitable job for the 495 rejected persons is to be a pop star, they can't be a pop stars, so instead they'll have to turn into something else that is not what their gene say is best suited for them.. the point of this plan is to put ppl in the place that best suit them, but what you just suggested just contradict it.
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 01:17   Link #172
Moon Eclipse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedge
lol... researches and sciences are empirical methods that heavily depends on "observations" and statistics

I happened to take a Empirical Study / Statistic Course last term and for anyone who have taken any high level Statistic course they'll understand that when you write a conclusion on any statistics results, it's HIGHLY subjective and often Error Prone and have numerous limitations.

To say that these definations come from researches (which directly translate to sampling a selected small percentage of the entire population) just means to me that this entire plan is a way for the writer of the plan to play god, because he controls the sampling / interpretations of the statistics.

I think it's pretty inarguable that to map a colation between gene and profession, there have to be some subjective interpretation. And whoever that is doing this interpretation (or setting the standard for it) is just simply playing god.

Which is why I see that Lacus choose to fight the Destiny Plan
They had data on the entire population on the entire human race, genetic info an all. You cannot tell me their sample size wasn't big enough.

If you're going to argue the inobjectivity of science you might as well just not argue anything because everything is completely inobjective. Science does not exist because everything in science is based upon the interpretation of data and blah blah blah... There are relative levels of inobjectiveness that are to be expected and accepted but the basis for experimental procedure is that data can be check and recheck by external sources. That tests are reproducable and results are reobtainable using the procedures.

That I can objectively say that a doctor must be intellegent, a surgeon must have good hand eye coordination and control is acceptable. Now if you can even rate the degree of hand eye coordination coupled with acute eye sight, intellegence. blah blah blah... you can start making you template. As you gather more information and analyze data thoroughly your template becomes more and more defined. Theory, hypothesis, testing, revamping of hypothesis...

Lacus offers no better of a solution to the problem. In fact she offers no solution at all. Her lapdog basically says that if anyone apposes them in the future they will fight (great solution...)
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 01:47   Link #173
cloudedge
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 31
Ok, so you can have the entire populations genetic make up, but what about the evaluation of how well the gene fits a profession.

Also the fact that each and every single person's gene is different also contradicts with the principle of reproducing your data and results. You cannot pick one person and put him into every single possible profession and test which one he did the best/have the most satisfaction.

A reverse way to map this is to select a handful of elite example of each profession and use their gene as template. And this selection is highly subjective. How do you define/measure how good someone is at their job? (especially the dirty job such as garbage collection?)

To be honest, you simply can't control an experiement this big. Genetics itself exhasut a LOT of computation power, add to the fact that you're dealing with the population of the Earth&Plant and the total number of profession... I'm in Math, and I can't even contemplate how big the number is going to be.

Lacus did not provide a solution to the problem.. but she did prevent a dystopia (Like the Brave New World, again very good book if u're interested in Destiny Plan you should really read it) from happening
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 01:49   Link #174
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Returning to my Place as the QUEEN...XD
Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper


Do you have any idea what those big supercomputers were for?
__________________

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 01:58   Link #175
cloudedge
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 31
lol, despite how crazy the supercomputer is...

enumerating the possibility of :

All Gene in Human with All Human in CE Universe with All possible Profession

and be able to get an answer within a FINITE amount of time it's just... way more farfetch than Gundam and Kira's God Mode
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 03:08   Link #176
Moon Eclipse
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudedge
Ok, so you can have the entire populations genetic make up, but what about the evaluation of how well the gene fits a profession.

Also the fact that each and every single person's gene is different also contradicts with the principle of reproducing your data and results. You cannot pick one person and put him into every single possible profession and test which one he did the best/have the most satisfaction.

A reverse way to map this is to select a handful of elite example of each profession and use their gene as template. And this selection is highly subjective. How do you define/measure how good someone is at their job? (especially the dirty job such as garbage collection?)

To be honest, you simply can't control an experiement this big. Genetics itself exhasut a LOT of computation power, add to the fact that you're dealing with the population of the Earth&Plant and the total number of profession... I'm in Math, and I can't even contemplate how big the number is going to be.

Lacus did not provide a solution to the problem.. but she did prevent a dystopia (Like the Brave New World, again very good book if u're interested in Destiny Plan you should really read it) from happening
Why not? that's exactly what they do when they started off with genetic manipulation. What gene affects what trait. That's why you're able to "customize" your children. Cause they know exactly how to manipulate the genes to make the way the want to be.

It's not something they started from scratch, it's something they would be build upon. The knowledge they already have, they expand upon.

And you can't tell me with the technology they have, they don't have computers that do computation of that scale. Basically all you're telling me is that is possible theoretically, just that it's going to be very very hard.

I have read it, and that's a book about the possibilities that may happen. Not necessarily what will happen in that situation. They're similar but not exactly the same. Personally I like the Harison Burgeron read, it's much shorter, though again slightly different. They all deal with systems and the eventual break down of systems. The difference in all cases are what will either lead to the success or breakdown in the systems.

Maybe you were right that it would have brokendown, but then again maybe not... We'll never know >.>;;
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 03:41   Link #177
danholo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Finland
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
Not trying to prove anything here really (if anyone thinks I´m referring to neodrags avatar and sig). But Destiny feels like it can be put in the same category with One Piece rather than, as close as, SEED. That´s what I think make so many people so frustrated with Destiny, you try to put it somewhere it don´t belong.
GSD wasn't that bad and the Final Final episode mended some highly important holes but I would never brand it to be on the same level as One Piece. I simply love One Piece and although it follows the same pattern every time it never lets me down even though I've watched until ep 169. I'm new to One Piece, as to anime in general, but that series is simply amazing. One Piece's action is and isn't original and the hero and, happy to say, comic relief Luffy is true genius from the creator's part.

Anyway, I watched GSD, read the spoilers, hoped for the best. I never got the best. I got really bad. Thinking back on it, it wasn't that bad. It was just that my expectations were too high. I had started watching GSD and realised that I have to watch GS. I finished the original SEED within a week, loved it, and was totally hyped up for the second installment of the series. The first episodes were awesome all the way until after Kira boarded Freedom once more and the Archangel escapes underwater with Cagalli. Sure, there were some episodes I enjoyed with the battles, although there was an overwhelming amount of reused footage, and I liked the Final Plus episode for some reason, most likely because of the low expectations and a long break from Gundam. But the series never picked up after the aforementioned. The episode following it was a "What the hell is this?"- episode. It was totally unexpected, taking the previous one into consideration. So were many others after it until the battle where Archangel surfaces once again but then the damage was done. Somehow those fast, action-packed episodes with the Minerva and the crew were lost. Interest was lost in them, not because of me, but because they didn't input anything interesting into those characters. They were totally sidelined. Or maybe I just didn't get it. (Enlighten me.) What the hell was that Haine guy anyway? He was made to look so frickin' important (frickin's an exaggeration) but in two episodes he's dead and we're supposed to grieve with a crew we hardly know?! If he wouldn've been on the Minerva's crew from the beginning, then it would've been much more interesting...

In the end, Shinn was a great character with much potential. He had two cool Gundams. He was skilled. He had a tragic story too. They just didn't make him dark enough. All I saw was an angry brat who never grew up. I just thought him to be too stupid to even care about his angst. Not only that, even though if I was totally lost when his character was "developing", he was totally sidelined to give him any depth. That's what I felt. Actually, the previous, with tweaks, might some up all of the characters, old and new, introduced in the series. For example, that rivarly between Rey and Neo/Mwu never caught on, nor did Luna except for some obscure interest in Athrun. Also, Meyrin had like a couple of lines here and there and only in the episode where Athrun escapes does she have actually some real development in the series. All we knew before that is that she has a bigger waist size than that of her sister... If I'm wrong: What the hell did I miss?

To whom it may concern, they just really messed this whole thing up. It should be recalled and rehashed. All that potential - wasted. For good!

Last edited by danholo; 2006-01-03 at 04:25.
danholo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 04:08   Link #178
kuraishi
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Personally i like all gundam series even if they blow since i just buy models T_T so im actually more interested with cool looking suits but i wouldent say GSD was that bad ... i have to amit the reused scenes killed the show for me ...... and the fact using the same 2 TIMES in ep 50 was over killing (freedom fliping to dodge) good to see they fixed that in ep 51 but overall i think the series was not as good as I woulda have expect but not as bad aswell. But what really annoys me is that people say it sucks and its so crappy but still watch it .... do they watch it so they can find more bad stuff to talk about it or are they just stupid enough to watch somefing they dont like.

I proble wont get replys to my post becuz my post dosent have Kira cool or shinn is better then kira becuz all u pplz talk and reply to IS THAT. u manage to turn the discussion on ep 51 to a debait and now this room seems like a fight rather then noting y the series failed ... or failed to some peoples veiws.

I bet u if a extra ep came out labled GSD: kira goddness ... or even a shin special..... even if u all talk shit about it you will dl and watch it.

have a nice day
kuraishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 04:10   Link #179
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Eclipse
Science and research, as Gil had said in his universe wide commercial. "After years of study the top scientist of PLANT have come up with... the Destiny Plan

Everything's define by the system. I think we've all become clear about this.
Yeah, right. And - as you've already been asked - how did they decide what genes fit with what job? How good of scientists can they be if they didn't even test their theories? (It's like coming up with a new molecules and injecting it in everyone's bloodstream without even trying it on animals first. Will it make us immune to HIV? Will it kill us all? Who knows?)

And the right genes give you an edge, true - but I'm more interested in the end result. What kind of person do you get? It's ridiculous to privilege genotype over phenotype. And that's what Dully, with his immediate, total implementation of the Destiny Plan, was doing. Not only that - even a generation later, how do you get a good enough control over people to make them into what their genes tell you they ought to be?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-03, 09:24   Link #180
cloudedge
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Eclipse
Why not? that's exactly what they do when they started off with genetic manipulation. What gene affects what trait. That's why you're able to "customize" your children. Cause they know exactly how to manipulate the genes to make the way the want to be.

It's not something they started from scratch, it's something they would be build upon. The knowledge they already have, they expand upon.
Genetic Manipulation is like building a good book collection in your library for your child... at best, it can be enrolling you child to a certain course/program.. it has no direct effect on the child's life pattern/career/wealth & social status... It is still up to the child to take the initiative to stroll into the library and read / learn from the books... the course/program has to interestingenough that the child is willing to go to class to finish the program... The child still have the ultimate say in his life/career.

In comparison, the Destiny Plan directly control every human being's future. A parent that's rich enough (or have the connection to manipulate a certain genes) essentially just wrote out the exact pattern of his child's life directly. You no longer create a child that is great in math, you create a doctor child, or a lawyer child, or a nurse child. And the children will have NO SAY in it. They cannot change their career because their gene dictates it!

These two type of "god playing" is in total different level. In Destiny Plan, Free Will is destroyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Eclipse
And you can't tell me with the technology they have, they don't have computers that do computation of that scale. Basically all you're telling me is that is possible theoretically, just that it's going to be very very hard.
Anyone who have a background in Computer Science will tell you the only way to approach this kind of problem is through Quatum Computing (where in you exploit the idea of multiple [infinite] paraelle universe and exhasute all possible combination until you get the answer you're looking for) In no where do I see C.E. mention about Quatum Computing.. so I'm going to say, their technology has not reach that far yet.

In fact, the Destiny Plan seems so rudimentry that to me, it seems it's just a cover up for Dill to allow the government to completely control the life of all it's citizens. And by granting the government this insane amount of power, he just made himself a god (the leader of the government)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Eclipse

I have read it, and that's a book about the possibilities that may happen. Not necessarily what will happen in that situation. They're similar but not exactly the same. Personally I like the Harison Burgeron read, it's much shorter, though again slightly different. They all deal with systems and the eventual break down of systems. The difference in all cases are what will either lead to the success or breakdown in the systems.

Maybe you were right that it would have brokendown, but then again maybe not... We'll never know >.>;;
The irony of it is that, once a plan similar to the Destiny Plan is pushed through, it'll never "break down" in a sense that it'll be overthrown... at least that's how you see in all the novels I mentioned (Brave New World, 1984, Farenhiet 451, etc)

It cannot be overthrown this kind of system because it strips you the power to decide and think for yourself. Your career is determined for you, and you are not encourage to even doubt that this profession is not suitable for you.

No one in the Destiny Plan is going to assign the career "Revolution Leader" or "Riot Participant" to a child. Any "professional" doctor would manipulate that gene to rewrite the child to something else. While one can argue that human can continue to evolve through gene manipulation, we'll never venture into the unknown and never evolve as a society because the Destiny Plan does not allow room for social structure changes.
cloudedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.