AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-31, 02:57   Link #2101
NoirX
寂然のキツネ
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Send a message via Skype™ to NoirX
We could say all 4 are currently quite on equal standings for the #2 spot.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic205802_6.gif
NoirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 03:00   Link #2102
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Asuna is NO. 1, NO. 2 and NO. 3, especially since Kirito will get killed by the hrr cooking knife if he showed any romantic interest in anyone else.
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 03:21   Link #2103
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Asuna is NO. 1, NO. 2 and NO. 3, especially since Kirito will get killed by the hrr cooking knife if he showed any romantic interest in anyone else.
So everything short of romance is allow? Got it

COMPROMISING ADOLESCENT RELATIONSHIP!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 03:29   Link #2104
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Sword Art Online is all about Kirito and Asuna... V-a-n-i-l-l-a
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 07:30   Link #2105
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
I'm thinking "There is but one ultimate way" again...

C'mon guys, let's just let Kirito have EVERYONE, yes?

Last edited by ronelm2000; 2012-08-31 at 07:47.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 08:11   Link #2106
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I'm thinking "There is but one ultimate way" again...

C'mon guys, let's just let Kirito have EVERYONE, yes?
Nope, sorry, but I hate harems...must be because I got so sick of working through so many series with harem aspects that I worked on Unicorn, and even that has a love triangle of sorts...
Sleep_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 08:19   Link #2107
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Nope, sorry, but I hate harems...
This. Why bother with harems when you can have good ol' romance? Kirito x Asuna or gtfo. ;p
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 08:34   Link #2108
NoirX
寂然のキツネ
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Send a message via Skype™ to NoirX
I prefer harem though since it has more possibilities unlike couple story which only holds little possibilities. Besides there are already many couple-themed stories already, harem-themed stories just got popular recently so keep making a couple-themed stories would look monotone.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic205802_6.gif
NoirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 08:48   Link #2109
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
This. Why bother with harems when you can have good ol' romance? Kirito x Asuna or gtfo. ;p
Iyaiyaiyaiya... I'm in no way shape or form discuraging the main couple. I was saying Kirito x Asuna as main couple and Kirito x Everyone Else as others...

@The_Ping

Condolences for eventually coming to hate harems. I don't know if I ever get tired of 'em though.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 08:58   Link #2110
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
I prefer harem though since it has more possibilities unlike couple story which only holds little possibilities. Besides there are already many couple-themed stories already, harem-themed stories just got popular recently so keep making a couple-themed stories would look monotone.
Possibilities? Sure, that's important in stories wherein romance is important. However, what ever happened to Love Triangles, Squares, and Polygons? Did people suddenly forget they exist, and overwrote those sub genres with "harems"? In terms of romance, couple themed stories > harem themed stories.

Monotone? Seriously? No. Even the most cliche and generic story can be good if it's written and executed well. By that logic, yes, harem themed stories can also be good. And yes, that's true, as long as the harem doesn't get in the way of romance, since those two things usually go hand in hand.

And as for harem stories becoming popular as of late, well, that just says a lot about the interests of readers nowadays. Thankfully, though, that seems to mostly apply to stories coming out of Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Iyaiyaiyaiya... I'm in no way shape or form discuraging the main couple. I was saying Kirito x Asuna as main couple and Kirito x Everyone Else as others...
Oh, I know. I just fucking hate harems. :P
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 09:32   Link #2111
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
We could say all 4 are currently quite on equal standings for the #2 spot.
Not that I care much for shipping (and the pairing is settled with AsunaxKirito as OTP already), but wouldn't Sinon theoretically be #2 in terms of the number of intimate moments she shared with Kirito? There were quite a number of those.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 09:32   Link #2112
NoirX
寂然のキツネ
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Send a message via Skype™ to NoirX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Possibilities? Sure, that's important in stories wherein romance is important. However, what ever happened to Love Triangles, Squares, and Polygons? Did people suddenly forget they exist, and overwrote those sub genres with "harems"? In terms of romance, couple themed stories > harem themed stories.

Monotone? Seriously? No. Even the most cliche and generic story can be good if it's written and executed well. By that logic, yes, harem themed stories can also be good. And yes, that's true, as long as the harem doesn't get in the way of romance, since those two things usually go hand in hand.

And as for harem stories becoming popular as of late, well, that just says a lot about the interests of readers nowadays. Thankfully, though, that seems to mostly apply to stories coming out of Japan.


Oh, I know. I just fucking hate harems. :P
Well to me it's kind of boring to see just a romance of a pair of couple while the other girls watch them in envy. Also SAO isn't one of those harem-themed stories in which the harem gets in the way of the romance. So in SAO's case I think harem is completely fine. And of course we're talking about harem becoming more and more popular recently on Japan's anime stories context.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic205802_6.gif
NoirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 09:41   Link #2113
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Not that I care much for shipping (and the pairing is settled with AsunaxKirito as OTP already), but wouldn't Sinon theoretically be #2 in terms of the number of intimate moments she shared with Kirito? There were quite a number of those.
They where intimate moments, but never romantic. She also doesn't love Kirito like the others do.

I think Lisbeth or Suguha is number #2. Lisbeth and Suguha because Kirito knows they love(ed) him and Suguha knows Kirito the best and had two volumes to deal with her love situation.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 09:51   Link #2114
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Well to me it's kind of boring to see just a romance of a pair of couple while the other girls watch them in envy.
For a romance to be believable it has to be between just two people, otherwise it comes across as fanservice or comic relief.

And the others girls don't need to watch with envy, they just need to give up and move on, as any reasonable person would in such a situation. The thing with Lisbeth, for instance, gave me that sort feeling.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 09:57   Link #2115
NoirX
寂然のキツネ
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Send a message via Skype™ to NoirX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
For a romance to be believable it has to be between just two people, otherwise it comes across as fanservice or comic relief.

And the others girls don't need to watch with envy, they just need to give up and move on, as any reasonable person would in such a situation. The thing with Lisbeth, for instance, gave me that sort feeling.
In anime or LN stories, romance doesn't have to be believable because it's up to the writer on how will he make the story. Besides if it was me(in Lizbeth's case) I won't give up on Kirito since he's the one who changes me, also Lizbeth did give up and step back once(SAO arc) because she feels Asuna needs him way more than her. After SAO arc ended they started competing for him in healthy manner so I don't see anything wrong with it at all.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic205802_6.gif
NoirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 09:59   Link #2116
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
As much as I still have a soft spot for a good harem, why can't the author just create a new pairing for the other girls?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 10:17   Link #2117
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As much as I still have a soft spot for a good harem, why can't the author just create a new pairing for the other girls?
Yeah.... *thinking of Sugu x Klein* /shot
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 10:18   Link #2118
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
Also SAO isn't one of those harem-themed stories in which the harem gets in the way of the romance. So in SAO's case I think harem is completely fine. And of course we're talking about harem becoming more and more popular recently on Japan's anime stories context.
Eh, it was for a volume or two, yes. Most of the girls gave up on him after they found out that he has Asuna. Not to mention the lovey-dovey moments Asuna and Kirito shared in the Aincrad arc. Which are also prevalent in Alicization, the last major arc in the series.

Yes, and that's because it seems that a lot of otaku enjoy the idea of being surrounded and loved by loads of beautiful girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
In anime or LN stories, romance doesn't have to be believable because it's up to the writer on how will he make the story. Besides if it was me(in Lizbeth's case) I won't give up on Kirito since he's the one who changes me, also Lizbeth did give up and step back once(SAO arc) because she feels Asuna needs him way more than her. After SAO arc ended they started competing for him in healthy manner so I don't see anything wrong with it at all.
And why doesn't it? A believable romance is, 9 times out 10, a good one. Of course, execution also matters. We shouldn't excuse poorly written and/or executed romances just because it's "anime"/"light novels"/from Japan.

Yeah, they're fighting a losing battle, wherein the outcome has already been determined.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 10:28   Link #2119
NoirX
寂然のキツネ
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Send a message via Skype™ to NoirX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Eh, it was for a volume or two, yes. Most of the girls gave up on him after they found out that he has Asuna. Not to mention the lovey-dovey moments Asuna and Kirito shared in the Aincrad arc. Which are also prevalent in Alicization, the last major arc in the series.

Yes, and that's because it seems that a lot of otaku enjoy the idea of being surrounded and loved by loads of beautiful girls.

I don't think Alicization is the last major arc yet though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
And why doesn't it? A believable romance is, 9 times out 10, a good one. Of course, execution also matters. We shouldn't excuse poorly written and/or executed romances just because it's "anime"/"light novels"/from Japan.

Yeah, they're fighting a losing battle, wherein the outcome has already been determined.
Well I watched most of the couple romance anime/LN even from those old ones(call me ancient! mwahahaha ) All in all, the core of the story is the same and if you watch or read those kind of couple romance from the first one up until now, mostly are the same so making harem as a trend nowdays wouldn't be that wrong though.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic205802_6.gif
NoirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 10:33   Link #2120
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
All in all, the core of the story is the same and if you watch or read those kind of couple romance from the first one up until now, mostly are the same so making harem as a trend nowdays wouldn't be that wrong though.
Trends come and go, but good romance will always be good romance, just like crappy romance will remain crappy. ;p
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, gaming, harem, kirito, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.