AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-31, 14:04   Link #81
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
It's incredibly disappointing to learn that the VA's were laughing at him, especially Hisako because I was close to becoming a fan of her. Now I can't help but see her in an entirely different light.

I still aim to enjoy the show as much I can though.
__________________
Haak is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 14:10   Link #82
Ithekro
Warning
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
Plenty of jackass actors in American...probably no different anywhere else. As long as they can act the studio and the audiance usually don't care.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai! Signature by ganbaru
Rena's Saimoe Take Home List 2014: Dairenji Suzuka.Misawa Maho.
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 14:19   Link #83
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Why would anyone say something that malicious? Goddammit, I hate Japan so much.
Let's be fair -- American hidden camera shows have done far, far worse. There was one on the SciFi channel where they'd make people think they were about to be murdered.


Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I would have found the prank a lot funnier if it was pulled on a star seiyuu,first because it would take some actual guts to pull it (while taking a no name doesn't) and because even if the star doesn't get the role he still would have a career.
Even then, calling someone in to a fake interview isn't funny unless the job they're applying for is ridiculous. Getting Jun Fukuyama to read the husband role in an NTR hentai anime would be hilarious. Getting him to read an ordinary script and then telling him he doesn't have the job, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudolicious View Post
No doubt that losing face in general is a way bigger thing over there than anywhere else, but it's not like he's never going to get another job or his friends would start bullying him or something. Some people here make it out like this was the biggest possible "humiliation" and start spouting about losing his face, when it was just a stupid prank.
Humiliation doesn't just come from the nature of the prank, but in how many people see it. How many people listen to these kinds of radio shows? I assume it's in the thousands at least. So, yeah, being rejected for a job and then made fun of by your peers in front of that many people would be a major humiliation.
Utsuro no Hako is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 14:25   Link #84
SirWence
Saber Loyalist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New England
Age: 28
@Cosmic Eagle - You're using common sense - The Trolls and insane fans (and ill just call them 'celeb VAs') are all being well 'stupid' and the prank was 'stupid'- I dont think common sense is going to fit in to well with them sigh -its a real shame too - I do think the fan legion should take a step back and actually look at the situation
__________________

Last edited by SirWence; 2012-08-31 at 14:40.
SirWence is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 14:25   Link #85
Kirarakim
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Just heard about this incident..to embarrass someone like that for a laugh that is just despicable to me.

edit: Although what is happening with Eri Kitamura, very hypocritical. Lets bully someone who has nothing to do with this?
__________________
Kirarakim is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 15:31   Link #86
erneiz_hyde
Indifferent
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: InterWebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudolicious View Post
No doubt that losing face in general is a way bigger thing over there than anywhere else, but it's not like he's never going to get another job or his friends would start bullying him or something. Some people here make it out like this was the biggest possible "humiliation" and start spouting about losing his face, when it was just a stupid prank. I'm not saying it won't damage him at all, that's one of the reasons why I stated multiple times that I'm not approving of this as well, but again, he's not gonna be home and jobless and abandoned from society because of this

And of course there's nothing wrong in sympathizing with him, but again, that's no reason to starting blowing things out of proportion
Most bullies thinks what they're doing is just a laughable stupid prank, not necessarily so with the victims, where one could be scarred for life. I wonder what you would consider to be "of proportion". The way I look at it, our reaction here has been far more civil than how the anons who terrorize those involved reacted. Most of us condemn such reactions and actually hope things would die down without much damage. You sure you aren't misdirecting these complaints towards those anons instead? It's them who are blowing things out of proportion and are being hypocritical about it.
__________________
erneiz_hyde is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 15:31   Link #87
Blonto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Age: 21
I can't see how anyone would see this "prank" as fun, except maybe people who've never wanted a job.
Unfortunately reason lowers with numbers, so any bandwagon is bound to pick up jackasses. I'm sorry for the innocent folks that got involved.
Blonto is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 15:48   Link #88
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
This prank isn't very funny at all. Although I have to say, it would also be disappointing if Terashima and Kanemoto end their careers because of this incident. They shouldn't have said what they said and should apologize publicly, regardless of how many people will forgive them for it. It was probably a spur of the moment thing and they are both good seiyuu, so I hope they can bounce back from this.

Erm, what's the connection to Kitamura Eri?
KholdStare is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 16:02   Link #89
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
This prank isn't very funny at all. Although I have to say, it would also be disappointing if Terashima and Kanemoto end their careers because of this incident. They shouldn't have said what they said and should apologize publicly, regardless of how many people will forgive them for it. It was probably a spur of the moment thing and they are both good seiyuu, so I hope they can bounce back from this.

Erm, what's the connection to Kitamura Eri?
I also agree with this as well, for Kitamura Eri it is rumoured she was Yamanaka's favourite hense she is getting flamed as well and I also wonder what would happen to other characters Hisako Kanemoto have done because of this too.
__________________
Ichuki is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 16:04   Link #90
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
As vile as this so-called "prank" is, I also have a hard time saying anyone's career should end over it. It's a mistake, a stupid one and a serious error in judgement, and the discussion shouldn't even start until a full and unreserved public apology is given. But is it a mistake worthy of having a career ended? I don't quite see it, and no one despises bullying more than me.

As for Kitamura Eri and the author and illustrator, they don't even belong in the discussion. That's just stupid on the face of it.
Guardian Enzo is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 16:46   Link #91
Rahzel
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I wasn't there when it happened, but to my understanding..

The Kitamura Eri thing is actually actually someone using the whole situation and using it to grief Kitamura Eri

and since some people who are experiencing mob mentality don't bother to verify information, they follow along

why Kitamura Eri? someone who is unrelated to Kokoro Connect scandal you say?

because someone doesn't like Kitamura Eri very much, and it has only gotten worse after Madoka aired. Don't bother trying to explain internet hate.
That's exactly what it is. People are using this incident to justify bulling a seiyuu idol for having a sex life. That's all there is to it. Even had she been made aware of plans for the event before it took place, what could she have done about it? Regardless, Kitamura Eri is too big a name for her "secondary" involvement in this incident to have much of an impact on her career or sales. Kanemoto and Terashima, however, may very well be finished.

It's a real shame, because I really enjoy Kokoro Connect. It's my second favorite new series this season (Jinrui being the first). What really irritates me is that the main orchestrator of this event, Yamanaka, will likely come out mostly unscathed.

As for the setup, playing a prank on a celebrity and having their peers tease them over it isn't uncommon for Japanese variety shows. I've seen some pretty intense scenarios involving AKB48 idols. The difference here, of course, is that it was taken too far and it impacted his life and the resulting "PR" position only served to further humiliate him. To be honest, I'm pretty sure Yamanaka has it in for Ichiki, as this isn't the first time he's pulled a tactless public stunt on him (AND KitaEri, for that matter).

As for the consequences of all this, I'm worried it may put Silver Link in dire straits financially. I'm going to be very upset if Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya gets canned. Losing the anime would be bad enough, but it would also dash any chance of Illya finally getting a high quality figure anytime soon.

Additionally, 2chan has added "Hayate the Combat Butler! Can't Take My Eyes Off You" to their "Banned" list in lieu of this incident. I've yet to figure out how it's even related, but I'm going to be pretty irate if the projects suffers because of this. Leave Hayate no Gotoku out of it, please.
Rahzel is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 16:56   Link #92
TJR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
I can't understand what sort of assholes would enjoy raising somebody's hopes, and crashing it down on them, and doing it publicly.
Supposedly, Yamanaka has a history of picking on that seiyuu (among others), so this wasn't exactly a harmless prank that was pulled out of the blue.

Hajime Kikuchi's comments may be egotistical and disgusting, but they sum up the heart of the matter (and are probably shared by countless others who haven't been vocal about it). It's an ugly culture that's perpetuated by people in all sorts of positions, whether they're producers, animators, or seiyuu.

Quote:
Have they issued an official public apology? Is there a chance that might help to quench public anger?
It's tough because the prank was initiated from the top-down. Even if they were to throw a couple seiyuu under the bus (and yes, the tendency would be to blame a scapegoat and then downplay or deny personal involvement. The idea is to redirect or focus public anger on people who are expendable), it's well known that Starchild's producer, Silver Link's president, and various staff of both companies were behind the stunt.

An apology isn't possible without powerful players admitting guilt and taking responsibility, which would hardly help the two companies.

Quote:
Because she's rumoured to be producer Yamanaka's favourite (or in 2ch's own words: his slut). She apparently gets frequently casted in his shows and he retweets her on twitter and etc. That's roughly the gist of what I managed to find.
By "favourite", it's a snide suggestion that she sleeps with Yamanaka for roles (in terms of timing, she landed a major role in Toradora! after nearly a year during which no one in the industry would cast her).

Unfortunately, this kind of arrangement happens, so speculation always arises whenever a female VA becomes favoured by a producer/sound director/agency head and enjoys a quick rise to stardom.

Obviously, there's no proof of any wrongdoing, and it's a case of guilt by association. Nevertheless, otaku love to run wild with this stuff.
TJR is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 17:06   Link #93
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anywhere I can draw inspiration from
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Not very good news.

So... is that BD pre-orders or sales? In either case that's pretty big darn drop-off.
__________________
Jmac is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 17:08   Link #94
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax Send a message via Skype™ to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
So... is that BD pre-orders or sales? In either case that's pretty big darn drop-off.
Hourly sales rankings for the pre-order for the first BD volume. Amazon resets their rankings ever hour, so a drop means people aren't purchasing it as much as they were before. This does not count any possible cancellations.
__________________

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 18:05   Link #95
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Anywhere I can draw inspiration from
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Hourly sales rankings for the pre-order for the first BD volume. Amazon resets their rankings ever hour, so a drop means people aren't purchasing it as much as they were before. This does not count any possible cancellations.
Thanks for the info.
__________________
Jmac is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 18:09   Link #96
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Terashima will not be missed, but Kanemoto will make a nice house wife.

Who is the victim by the way?
__________________
vansonbee is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 18:18   Link #97
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Ichiki Mitsuhiro
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 18:28   Link #98
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Thanks and woah at his career. Everything basically support type...

I read on his MAL profile, there a certain someone name "Sugita", he is supporting Ichiki. Who is he?
__________________
vansonbee is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 18:33   Link #99
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
I forgot to post last night, but Yamakan has also posted his opinion on 2ch's "white-knighting" over Eri Kitamura's experience with anons and phalluses.



>集団によるイジメが大好きなネットの住民が集団によるイジメを批判し
ても何の説得力もございません
>The same people who loves bullying is now trying to save someone from bullying? Yeah right.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Excited for Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign?


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline  
Old 2012-08-31, 18:42   Link #100
tenton
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Thanks and woah at his career. Everything basically support type...

I read on his MAL profile, there a certain someone name "Sugita", he is supporting Ichiki. Who is he?
Sugita is a famous seiyuu. Also knows both Ichiki and Terashima (they're all gamers). He gave Terashima the silent treatment on a recent Bandai Namco live. Sugita's radio show is also one of the places where the bullying was mentioned (Ichiki was a guest)
tenton is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.