AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-24, 10:53   Link #141
Azure-Priest
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
Well, he doesn't seem all that sympathetic or docile in this LN so i'd say there sticking with the modern interpretation. And yeah i know none of the gods were actually 'good guys' gods in myth are always feared by humanity.

Also im still a little confused in regards to the whole mage thing and devils forming a contract with them what good is a devil to a mage considering they'd probably have their own skillset to get the job done like georg was supposedly one and he seemed like he was more than capable in any situation.
Devils are plenty good to a mage, especially after signing a pact.

You ever hear the phrase "two heads are often better than one?"

Besides, there's plenty that a devil can do that a mage can not, at least not easily. For example, a mage who formed a pact with Ise could have Ise gather some rare ingredients from the Gremory territory. This would be a rather simple task for Ise, but tricky, insanely difficult and downright dangerous for the mage to even attempt directly.

The difference between a contract, like we've seen, and a pact is a matter of degree.

A contract, as shown, is pretty much a "day laborer" kind of thing.

A pact, is a long term "promissory note" where the pact holder can call upon the devil at any time for a pressing need, combat, assistant, etc.

As expected, the price for forming a pact should be considerably more costly than a simple contract.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 20:25   Link #142
dannclark
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
Devils are plenty good to a mage, especially after signing a pact.

You ever hear the phrase "two heads are often better than one?"

Besides, there's plenty that a devil can do that a mage can not, at least not easily. For example, a mage who formed a pact with Ise could have Ise gather some rare ingredients from the Gremory territory. This would be a rather simple task for Ise, but tricky, insanely difficult and downright dangerous for the mage to even attempt directly.

The difference between a contract, like we've seen, and a pact is a matter of degree.

A contract, as shown, is pretty much a "day laborer" kind of thing.

A pact, is a long term "promissory note" where the pact holder can call upon the devil at any time for a pressing need, combat, assistant, etc.

As expected, the price for forming a pact should be considerably more costly than a simple contract.
I had thought about this, but i don't think they'd go to the trouble of picking the devil with the highest ranking points (as stated by azazeal) if they were just planning on making them recieve herbs and such from difficult locations. I figured it would be similar to a ZnT situation where the devils are more like familiars who are there to protect the mages since they themselves are just frail humans who can cast spells. For example a devil like ise who can use the heavenly dragons power would be better off used for actual combat while someone like asia would be handy to help out with magical incantations boost magic power etc.
dannclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 10:19   Link #143
Velial
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Russia
Speaking of which when next Arc will be released?
__________________
<img src=http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=anmyya&s=6 border=0 alt= />
Velial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 10:26   Link #144
lilNewBlood
Dragon Of Dragons
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Around the end of this year(dec) ...if you count based on past releases
__________________

lilNewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 13:20   Link #145
Azure-Priest
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
I had thought about this, but i don't think they'd go to the trouble of picking the devil with the highest ranking points (as stated by azazeal) if they were just planning on making them recieve herbs and such from difficult locations. I figured it would be similar to a ZnT situation where the devils are more like familiars who are there to protect the mages since they themselves are just frail humans who can cast spells. For example a devil like ise who can use the heavenly dragons power would be better off used for actual combat while someone like asia would be handy to help out with magical incantations boost magic power etc.
Gathering spell ingredients can be a dangerous task too. You notice what Ise had to go through in getting the antidote ingredients for Loli Asia and Loli Rias?
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 05:55   Link #146
NoirX
寂然のキツネ
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yokohama, Japan
Send a message via Skype™ to NoirX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
Gathering spell ingredients can be a dangerous task too. You notice what Ise had to go through in getting the antidote ingredients for Loli Asia and Loli Rias?
It's a potion to be exact, the one used to reverse the aging-spell is a potion. Normal spells won't need ingredients
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic205802_6.gif
NoirX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 02:03   Link #147
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Here's a question I have. Has anyone ever actually visually confirmed that Gasper has anything down there? I know another LN with a character who was passed off as a male (complete with "cross dressing") before it was revealed that "he" was actually a she (though she actually thought she was male). Could this actually be a similar circumstance? Could Gasper actually be a she who was simply raised as a he and thought that she was a he as a result?
__________________
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 02:12   Link #148
for3ver
The Lost Child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: neverland? where ever that is..
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Here's a question I have. Has anyone ever actually visually confirmed that Gasper has anything down there? I know another LN with a character who was passed off as a male (complete with "cross dressing") before it was revealed that "he" was actually a she (though she actually thought she was male). Could this actually be a similar circumstance? Could Gasper actually be a she who was simply raised as a he and thought that she was a he as a result?
are u referring to yukimura? ^^ (god bless her... so damn cute...)

anyway... i don't believe it has been confirmed, apart from a few mentions of issei/gasper/kiba spending guy time talking, nothing else as far as i know has been said of it.

although i doubt, Rias wouldn't know, considering she made him her servant >>
__________________
for3ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 02:15   Link #149
zzhk
Summary Machine
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Don't forget Ise threw Gasper into the hot spring in Volume 5.

It'd be kind of hard to have a bath together and not be clear on their genders.
__________________
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 02:23   Link #150
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Don't forget Ise threw Gasper into the hot spring in Volume 5.

It'd be kind of hard to have a bath together and not be clear on their genders.
Don't forget Gasper was wearing the towel like a girl would. Even has a picture of it lol. Unless Gasper is just REALLY tiny down there, it doesn't even seem to look like anything is there even if there was a limit to what could be drawn. They could've drawn it to at least seem like something was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by for3ver View Post
are u referring to yukimura? ^^ (god bless her... so damn cute...)

anyway... i don't believe it has been confirmed, apart from a few mentions of issei/gasper/kiba spending guy time talking, nothing else as far as i know has been said of it.

although i doubt, Rias wouldn't know, considering she made him her servant >>
I somehow doubt that Rias would demand Gasper to strip or peek on him to make sure that he was actually a he. In this case it's just kind of something that she likely tried to take his word on.

Personally I feel that when it gets to an arc with the vampires, that there will end up probably being a reveal like this.
__________________
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 02:45   Link #151
Azure-Priest
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Don't forget Gasper was wearing the towel like a girl would. Even has a picture of it lol. Unless Gasper is just REALLY tiny down there, it doesn't even seem to look like anything is there even if there was a limit to what could be drawn. They could've drawn it to at least seem like something was there.



I somehow doubt that Rias would demand Gasper to strip or peek on him to make sure that he was actually a he. In this case it's just kind of something that she likely tried to take his word on.

Personally I feel that when it gets to an arc with the vampires, that there will end up probably being a reveal like this.
That would break Ise's and Xenovia's minds.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 04:03   Link #152
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Gasper I think confirmed himself that he is male.
He calls himself a "boy or man that cant protect a girl."
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 11:47   Link #153
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Gasper I think confirmed himself that he is male.
He calls himself a "boy or man that cant protect a girl."
I've seen other LN's with girls who truly think that they are boys. It could just be the way Gasper was raised so Gasper doesn't really know the difference.
__________________
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 13:31   Link #154
Nihgthawk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida, USA
OK I got a question. On amazon.jp it says that the special edition of DxD vol 13 comes out on the 7th of September can while the normal edition comes out on the 20th. Is this right or will vol 13 come out a week earlier then expected.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 19:26   Link #155
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
I ordered the limited edition from ami-ami, but their site says that it will be released at late-September. Normal edition and limited edition both are said to be released on 20th. I dont know why but amazon-japan says it is coming out on 6th September. That's the only site which says it would be released on 6th, so I think it is a error.
__________________
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 16:19   Link #156
rickiminato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mexico
which will be the news that on September 6 about dxd ?
maybe I think it will be the second season
__________________
rickiminato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 18:14   Link #157
KID2NR
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Undisclosed
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
I ordered the limited edition from ami-ami, but their site says that it will be released at late-September. Normal edition and limited edition both are said to be released on 20th. I dont know why but amazon-japan says it is coming out on 6th September. That's the only site which says it would be released on 6th, so I think it is a error.
I checked Kadokawa Shoten's online store. The LE version of Vol. 13 will be out on the 6th. The regular editon will be out two weeks after (Sep. 20). Usually when a Kadokawa or Fujimi book have a limited edition release, they would release it two weeks before the regular edition of the book is released.

Limited Edition
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/book/bk_de...d=201111000079

Regular Edition
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/lnovel/bk_...d=201111000168

And I got this info from the source, so there's no doubt that the LE version will be out first.
KID2NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 19:56   Link #158
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by KID2NR View Post
I checked Kadokawa Shoten's online store. The LE version of Vol. 13 will be out on the 6th. The regular editon will be out two weeks after (Sep. 20). Usually when a Kadokawa or Fujimi book have a limited edition release, they would release it two weeks before the regular edition of the book is released.

Limited Edition
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/book/bk_de...d=201111000079

Regular Edition
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/lnovel/bk_...d=201111000168

And I got this info from the source, so there's no doubt that the LE version will be out first.
Oh, you are right. It also says that on author's blog.
That's definitely a good news.
So the new information which is supposed to be revealed in 6th of September must be included in the limited edition.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
which will be the news that on September 6 about dxd ?
maybe I think it will be the second season
It can be Season 2 like you said. There is also possibility that another OVA would come along with the next DxD manga or lightnovel.
Maybe also a game of DxD, since other LN from fujimi shobo also had games released after it's anime aired.
__________________
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 00:21   Link #159
Akumasama
Feminist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Oh, you are right. It also says that on author's blog.
That's definitely a good news.
So the new information which is supposed to be revealed in 6th of September must be included in the limited edition.
Which means more work for good ol' nomon.
It should reach you by around 10-12th September.
What's all this about new information? I am curious about that o_O
__________________
Akumasama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 01:34   Link #160
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumasama View Post
Which means more work for good ol' nomon.
It should reach you by around 10-12th September.
What's all this about new information? I am curious about that o_O
Yeah, I should get it around then. But ami-ami is still saying it will be coming out on late-Sept, and even amazon-japan is saying it will be published on 6th Sept, but will be in-stock on 20th of Sept. Maybe thy will ship it on the 20th for international buyers.....


I think that 'new information' would be included in the limited edition volume 13. And since it comes with OVA, it won't be weird for it to be anime-related. So season 2 or another Ova.


Also, I still dont understand the difference between a 'Ova' and 'Oav". Is it just name or there is actually a significant difference?
__________________
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.