AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-02, 19:29   Link #681
black knight iust
spirit 1
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: gloucester city nj
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to black knight iust
im also gonna be honnest im playing unlimited with a walkthrough seeing as thiers many routs bot damn its annoying as hell reading through so much and that end where the daughter says good luck dad kinda ....
__________________
black knight iust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 19:31   Link #682
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
^ And that's why people usually only do 1 route in Unlimited.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 19:47   Link #683
black knight iust
spirit 1
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: gloucester city nj
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to black knight iust
i enjoy 100% game i dont halfass them
__________________
black knight iust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 20:51   Link #684
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Type-00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
^ And that's why people usually only do 1 route in Unlimited.
That's true. Its ideal if they're in a hurry to get started on Alternative quickly. They can go through the other routes if they want to see the toher character specific scenes especially the ero ones. I know I did not regret it when I went for Chizuru's route on my third time. That scene in the shower was so... erotic~

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-09-02 at 21:07.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 21:30   Link #685
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
question about Muv-Luv Supplement is the events in there in the extra verse?? or another branch???
kaizerknight01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 04:38   Link #686
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu Base
I could be reading too much into this, but did anyone else who saw the ending to this weeks Total Eclipse episode (10) think that what they BETA did was sort of a feint tactic?

Spoiler for LN Events:
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 05:02   Link #687
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
That's true. Its ideal if they're in a hurry to get started on Alternative quickly. They can go through the other routes if they want to see the toher character specific scenes especially the ero ones. I know I did not regret it when I went for Chizuru's route on my third time. That scene in the shower was so... erotic~
Well.. I can't stand having to go through the same, unchanged plot a second time while I still remember almost every little detail. It just becomes so tedious and mundane. As for ero scenes, I know where to find the CGs if I wanna see them. It's much easier that way.

I agree that her scene was pretty erotic.. but.. I just don't like Sakaki all that much. I don't really like any character save for Ayamine that aren't the two (arguably) main heroines. Sumika's awesome, and so is Meiya. Tama, Mikoto, and Sakaki.. well.. they're just "eh".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
question about Muv-Luv Supplement is the events in there in the extra verse?? or another branch???
From what I've heard, it's a direct continuation of Sumika's ending in Extra. So no, it's not another branch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
I could be reading too much into this, but did anyone else who saw the ending to this weeks Total Eclipse episode (10) think that what they BETA did was sort of a feint tactic?

Spoiler for LN Events:
Nope, not really. The BETA that showed up at the coast were the remainder of the group that the railgun extirpated. I don't think it was a feint tactic as much as it was a surprise attack. Although.. I guess if the Laser class show up.. that'll be another similarity.

How is it a continuity issue, though?
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 05:47   Link #688
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
after playing alternative , altered fable,unlimited hearing Quantum mechanics, got interested I think all the "so called" branches are strings or Mobius strip

puts on nerd glasses



more detailed


Last edited by kaizerknight01; 2012-09-03 at 05:58.
kaizerknight01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 06:05   Link #689
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Honolulu Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post

Nope, not really. The BETA that showed up at the coast were the remainder of the group that the railgun extirpated. I don't think it was a feint tactic as much as it was a surprise attack. Although.. I guess if the Laser class show up.. that'll be another similarity.

How is it a continuity issue, though?
Because I could have sworn I heard Yuuko say...
Spoiler for LN Events:


Of course, you're more likely right and it was just a huge coincidence that another BETA heard dug-up behind the base. I just thought the two circumstances sounded eerily similar.
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 06:24   Link #690
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by touge-n00b View Post
Because I could have sworn I heard Yuuko say...
Spoiler for LN Events:


Of course, you're more likely right and it was just a huge coincidence that another BETA heard dug-up behind the base. I just thought the two circumstances sounded eerily similar.
Ah, right. Well, it is Russia. Most of Eurasia is effectively the BETA's territory now.

Hm, actually, since the walls of the base aren't made out of anything important (unlike a certain base), doesn't that mean they could just emerge RIGHT above the base?
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 09:38   Link #691
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Ah, right. Well, it is Russia. Most of Eurasia is effectively the BETA's territory now.

Hm, actually, since the walls of the base aren't made out of anything important (unlike a certain base), doesn't that mean they could just emerge RIGHT above the base?
Russia's land may have a huge canals of Beta hive below it but its Beta that we are talking above. They emerge from the front lines and march in with tons of numbers like a badass they are

The Sadogashima hive attack leave them open because its the first time they do it so its outside of the data. (even though its their home ground)

The people continue to underestimate Beta because the way they do stuff for YEARS which they do the same.

So which is first. TE or Alternative? because this might mess with the Alternative if its first than alternative though. I really didn't much care.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 11:52   Link #692
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
BETA have used tunneling as a means of movement from the start (they are miners, its what they do. Hi Ho Hi Ho and all that. The Ruitare are mobile spades, the Grapplers mobile pick axes, and the Tanks walking carts/bags/gatherers). Its just they don't normally use them in conjunction with a land based attack.

And again, TE is months before October 21, which is the time A Certain Bratty Savior appears. So everything before that in TE is canon for both.
__________________


When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 13:21   Link #693
Mura
Now or Never
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura Send a message via Skype™ to Mura
PV for the PS3 version of Muv Luv and Muv Luv Alternative are out:





Both PS3 ports will be released October 25th.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...romos-streamed
__________________
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 13:52   Link #694
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
Oh my, I found my post for the Muv Luv novel recommendationand introducing on bakatsuki from back in 2009... and I don't recall writing it that way, although it had my idiocracy of spelling and phrasing... I'm starting to wonder about what the person I was back then compared to the person I am now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabgrave
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muv-Luv

Just wondering if anyone is following this series of visual novels and novels. There are currently 3 VNs, with 2 versions of the first 2, Unlimited/Extra and Alternative, and Altered Fable. There are currently 7 novels just for the Alternative part alone and still ongoing, with 2 novels each for the parts before. Also there are spin off novels based on the Total Eclipse stories that are released in magazines.

A unique plot, which starts off as a 'normal' galgame in Extra, which leads to the protagonist waking up in an alternate reality in which the world is fighting against alien beings from outer-space in Unlimited, with all his classmates turned into soldiers
Spoiler:

Alternative occurs after the events of Unlimited, where the protagonist is returned to the beginning where unlimited started, but with memories of that world, he vows to change the way things happened, and to protect the world.

What I found powerful of the plot is the way the scenario ties in normal school love life with elements of hardcore science fiction, such as time-travel, the multi-universe theory, the von-neumann theory to space exploration,
Spoiler:
and a warped version of the 3 laws of robotics by Issac Asimov
Spoiler:
The plot is also scenario heavy, having training, politics, war and sacrifice tied up in a package that is longer then most VNs.

The appeal of the visual novel lies in the phasing of the voice acting with its background themes and sound effects, from the chatter in the classroom to the screams and confusion of the battlefield, muvluv alt manages to bring it to life. The progressive maturity and strength of the characters are also well choreographed, bringing to life the personality of each person till the end.

Of course, the big point for most people would the the giant mecha fighting aliens, eschew of the Starship troopers and Aliens battles.
__________________


When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 15:49   Link #695
black knight iust
spirit 1
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: gloucester city nj
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to black knight iust
alright just got done everyones normal endings in unlimited
__________________

Last edited by black knight iust; 2012-09-03 at 16:37.
black knight iust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 16:20   Link #696
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
3 laws of robotics by Issac Asimov ..... Hmmm I think there was zeroth law too can't remember what it is ....cause i read it out of curiosity only
kaizerknight01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 09:51   Link #697
wellis
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
3 laws of robotics by Issac Asimov ..... Hmmm I think there was zeroth law too can't remember what it is ....cause i read it out of curiosity only
A robot may not harm a human being, unless he finds a way to prove that ultimately the harm done would benefit humanity in general
wellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 10:40   Link #698
Sheba
Wanna Be The G.I.R.L
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Myouren Temple, trolled by Nue
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
BETA have used tunneling as a means of movement from the start (they are miners, its what they do. Hi Ho Hi Ho and all that. The Ruitare are mobile spades, the Grapplers mobile pick axes, and the Tanks walking carts/bags/gatherers). Its just they don't normally use them in conjunction with a land based attack.
Minecraft where you play a BETA. Make it happen.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 12:03   Link #699
shapixa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Kuou Academy
yeah at least my muvluv is working xd i can play it on my own
EDIT: how do i save game in alternative?
__________________
<a rel=nofollow href=http://postimage.org/ target=_blank><img src=http://s16.postimage.org/relvy7swl/Untitled4.jpg border=0 alt= /></a>
<a rel=nofollow href=http://postimage.org/ target=_blank>photo hosting sites</a>

Last edited by shapixa; 2012-09-04 at 12:18.
shapixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 14:42   Link #700
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 19
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapixa View Post
yeah at least my muvluv is working xd i can play it on my own
EDIT: how do i save game in alternative?
Right click, and choose 'Save game', I think?
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.