AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-01, 23:36   Link #901
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Yeah, the movie should be the end of all. I don't want the series to be ruined by bringing another season from the new source material that introduces new characters.
I won't think of it as ruined persay, but it would be more akin to spreading too little butter over too much bread. As it stands, there isn't exactly enough source material to make a new 1-cour season.
Old 2012-09-02, 10:50   Link #902
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I won't think of it as ruined persay, but it would be more akin to spreading too little butter over too much bread. As it stands, there isn't exactly enough source material to make a new 1-cour season.
Yeah, there's a point where they'd just be milking the cash cow for the sake of milking the cash cow ... even from the standpoint of a fan of the series. They could, certainly, expand the new manga content into 13 , or even 26, episode series. I think the 26 episode K-ON!! series only covered the last one and a half to two books.

However, given the movie's structure (mainly how it expands upon the end of the second season,) I think TBS/KyoAni intended the movie to be the end of animated K-ON! for a long time.
Old 2012-09-02, 13:04   Link #903
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I would pay to see a specific university series (for which there isn't enough material sadly) or a "university to professional" story (almost no material).

Sadly, it looks as if (once again) an author thinks the setting (high school) is more important than the specific characters. I'm holding back on my final opinion to see what Kakifly does next.
Old 2012-09-02, 13:17   Link #904
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I would pay to see a specific university series (for which there isn't enough material sadly) or a "university to professional" story (almost no material).

Sadly, it looks as if (once again) an author thinks the setting (high school) is more important than the specific characters. I'm holding back on my final opinion to see what Kakifly does next.
Speaking of which, are there any reasonable series set entirely in a university setting?

I think that the main reason that it is unlikely that K-On! can be carried that far is because university is a rather difficult environment to write stories for. University is significantly busier than high school even at the undergraduate level. Moreover, a university setting might be harder to relate to: high school is a stage that a vast majority of individuals progress through, whereas a comparatively smaller number of individuals may choose to go to a university (some people may opt to go to technical schools and colleges, for instance). A university story would work in other cases, but admittedly, I found the depiction of university in the K-On! manga to be somewhat unrepresentative of the environment. Then again, it might be that I'm looking in the wrong places.

With that in mind, it might be possible to make an OVA or ONA at best, but with the limited material at hand, it would nonetheless prove to be a challenge.
Old 2012-09-02, 14:45   Link #905
FenderStratokaster
Alejandro

Awsome manga, awsome anime, awsome movie.

Well the movie was awsome but the wort part is to wait for the next project that K-on will make I hope they anounce it quickly . But anyway i loved it but I voted 9 because nothing is perfect.
Old 2012-09-02, 14:53   Link #906
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

What would you like to see if a future K-On! Project is announced?
Old 2012-09-02, 14:54   Link #907
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderStratokaster View Post
Well the movie was awsome but the wort part is to wait for the next project that K-on will make I hope they anounce it quickly .
I don't expect there will be more animated K-ON!. Not any time soon, anyway.
Old 2012-09-02, 14:57   Link #908
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
I don't expect there will be more animated K-ON!. Not any time soon, anyway.
It'd be quite alright if there weren't any new K-On! related media in the near future. For instance, it would give me an opportunity to diversify my horizons a little
Old 2012-09-03, 23:07   Link #909
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Speaking of which, are there any reasonable series set entirely in a university setting?

I think that the main reason that it is unlikely that K-On! can be carried that far is because university is a rather difficult environment to write stories for. University is significantly busier than high school even at the undergraduate level. Moreover, a university setting might be harder to relate to: high school is a stage that a vast majority of individuals progress through, whereas a comparatively smaller number of individuals may choose to go to a university (some people may opt to go to technical schools and colleges, for instance). A university story would work in other cases, but admittedly, I found the depiction of university in the K-On! manga to be somewhat unrepresentative of the environment. Then again, it might be that I'm looking in the wrong places.

With that in mind, it might be possible to make an OVA or ONA at best, but with the limited material at hand, it would nonetheless prove to be a challenge.
With the caveat that suggestions should be given in the Suggestions sub-forum.

The biggest example I can think of is the two seasons of "Honey & Clover" that ran a few years ago. University setting, art students. There was also an adult workplace setting series ("Hataraki Man") and there was a rock-ish' setting with young adults series called "Nana" - both of those were a few years ago as well.
Old 2012-09-03, 23:11   Link #910
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
With the caveat that suggestions should be given in the Suggestions sub-forum.

The biggest example I can think of is the two seasons of "Honey & Clover" that ran a few years ago. University setting, art students. There was also an adult workplace setting series ("Hataraki Man") and there was a rock-ish' setting with young adults series called "Nana" - both of those were a few years ago as well.
I ask for forgiveness, as I have yet to explore the entirety of this forum, and apologize for going off-topic. That said, thanks for the suggestions K-On! was superbly fun while it lasted, but I'd like to broaden my horizons. I admit that the movie has acted somewhat as the end-game for me, so I was just curious...
Old 2012-09-03, 23:32   Link #911
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I ask for forgiveness, as I have yet to explore the entirety of this forum, and apologize for going off-topic. That said, thanks for the suggestions K-On! was superbly fun while it lasted, but I'd like to broaden my horizons. I admit that the movie has acted somewhat as the end-game for me, so I was just curious...
Sent you some more comments via Private Message since your public profile seems to have "visitor's comments" turned off. You can respond via PM or my visitor page comments as you like
Old 2012-09-04, 07:05   Link #912
Ritzu07

just finish watching the movie... and i find it pretty nostalgic.. sigh almost one year after the series end.. dang i miss it so much!!!

i accidentally watch the season 2 episode 27 and did anyone notice that the utauyo opening/OP4 of K-ON!! and the homeroom concert thing in the movie are related to each other??

look familiar eh??

Last edited by Ritzu07; 2012-09-04 at 07:28.
Old 2012-09-04, 09:50   Link #913
Solafighter
Hige

Finaly watched it- and like it. Well done film with a nice flow. Very accurate locations and images. Time well spend. ThumbsUP.
Old 2012-09-04, 14:47   Link #914
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TrigunZ- 001 View Post
just finish watching the movie... and i find it pretty nostalgic.. sigh almost one year after the series end.. dang i miss it so much!!!

i accidentally watch the season 2 episode 27 and did anyone notice that the utauyo opening/OP4 of K-ON!! and the homeroom concert thing in the movie are related to each other??

*snip*

look familiar eh??
I noticed that too. It shows that KyoAni has really really given it's all to tie the movie into the series as seamlessly as possible. Also I never noticed before but Azunyan's reaction to the song at the end of the series (and movie) is the exact same reaction as Yui's to the song that Mugi, Ritsu and Mio play to get her to stay in the club back at the beginning of season 1: stand up, clap and say that it wasn't very good. I never noticed that link before
Old 2012-09-26, 16:58   Link #915
PvtPlatypus

I just finished watching all of K-on today. I feel kinda depressed actually. I loved all of it and hate to see it go. But I agree that they shouldn't force more of it out. It feels finished.
Old 2012-11-26, 08:49   Link #916
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm glad K-on! ended on such a high note. The movie expands on the ending, but takes it all the way. Its nice, yet fitting. And yet its almost entirely about that one song we saw and heard and cried to.

Once Kakifly gets enough stuff out, for good or for worse, the anime will follow. I only hope that Azu-on! and Uni-on! will at the very least not forget the essence of the original series.
Old 2012-11-26, 13:27   Link #917
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Once Kakifly gets enough stuff out, for good or for worse, the anime will follow.
Ahhh yeah, about that....
Old 2012-12-16, 20:17   Link #918
Texas84
よろしく

Question What did Azu-nyan say?

I have a question, if anyone happens by this thread again. After Azu-nyan's song the view moves out of the room and you see Azu-nyan say something and the girls recoil in shock. What did I miss?
Old 2012-12-16, 20:19   Link #919
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas84 View Post
I have a question, if anyone happens by this thread again. After Azu-nyan's song the view moves out of the room and you see Azu-nyan say something and the girls recoil in shock. What did I miss?
It's from the original series, Season 2. Azusa says "You aren't very good!" as a throwback to the first season, where Yui said the same words to the first three club members.
Old 2012-12-22, 08:02   Link #920
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TrigunZ- 001 View Post

look familiar eh??
i think this was on purpose. even their standing position was the same i think XD

just that Yui's missing her phone as the mic. and that they played... was it Samidare 20 Love? Instead of Utauyo Miracle. It'd be nice if they played the OP and EDs in the movie too!

Tags
comedy, slice of life