AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-13, 19:23   Link #81
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Reminds me of that episode with Kannagi.
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 20:50   Link #82
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarofski View Post
That's exactly why I said " I read it somewhere", cause I cant really say for sure.
Anyways I found it. here's the link:

Yeah, I saw that when looking around. And as I suspected, it's devoid of anything resembling actual proof. Just a couple people making claims. This wouldn't be the first time false "facts" have come out of the MF forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Reminds me of that episode with Kannagi.
Me too. Specifically it's what I was thinking of when I said "made up by Sankaku Complex".
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 03:05   Link #83
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Dismissing the use of rape in this story as "unoriginal" is just an example of sheer unabashed ignorance.
This.

It's not like this is an ero novel or hentai doujinshi. We don't see this every other page or anything. And I certainly haven't seen any evidence of rape being "overused." (outside of doujins and ero manga of course)

I hate it when rabid, deluded fanboys screw with a good title. (assuming this whole thing in the original LN is true) Like the manga purists who got the Rurouni Kenshin anime shot down before it could get to the final Jinchu arc because of the filler arcs while waiting for the manga to get far enough ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Reminds me of that episode with Kannagi.
What's this now?
__________________
Shinji103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 03:40   Link #84
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
I agree with this. People saying that rape is "overused" or not original is just full of crap and are people who don't like certain themes occurring in their form of entertainment. That is understandable, but using "overused" to describe something? REALLY?
oh plz,

9 times out of 10 when a girl has a dark past, hates guys, cant talk etc the reason is always rape and if you guys cant see that then you are really lucky with everything youve read. ive dropped many series cause of this very reason, if its not a hentai and it has rape i drop it straight away, just like that yuugi something show where her best friend was supporting her throughout the series then as soon as shes tranported there she got raped then turned evil...........arrg i hate that crap!!!

any this one scene didnt really do anything in blacksmith apart from wasting 2 chapters and maybe making luke relize he likes her...maybe
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 04:09   Link #85
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

What's this now?
Well from what I heard is that in the anime or manga implied that Nagi the main female character was not a virgin and fans raved about. I also heard that the author was sick with cancer or something.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 07:43   Link #86
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well from what I heard is that in the anime or manga implied that Nagi the main female character was not a virgin and fans raved about. I also heard that the author was sick with cancer or something.
It's even stupider than that, it simply implied that she might have had a boyfriend in the past which made people make the jump to the conclusion that she wasn't pure anymore. It also happened with GE Good ending, where people reacted similarly to the idea of an impure girl. It's really ridiculous.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 07:47   Link #87
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
japanese plp are weird...they make some good anime..........but still weird
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 08:26   Link #88
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
What's this now?
The Kannagi series implied that Nagi the main female character, had a boy she previously loved. One person raged, a bunch of trolls started trolling the Kannagi fanbase, and Sankaku Complex pretended the entire Japanese fanbase was in an unroar hating it. Then when the Kannagi author had to be hospitalized before the next chapter came out, and was severely ill enough that she had to go on hiatus for a couple years, Sankaku Complex pretended the "fan backlash" was the real reason for the hiatus. And people in the west bought Sankaku Complex's BS, and started repeating it on internet forums as "fact".

Naturally Sankaku Complex did not report on her return from hiatus, or that the 7th volume in the series included an explanation of the previously unspecified illness that put her in the hospital.


So you can see why I'm so skeptical of claims that the author of Sacred Blacksmith rewrote one of the light novels due to fan backlash. We haven't seen any proof that there was a backlash, much less that things were re-written for the second edition/second printing.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 08:42   Link #89
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
9 times out of 10 when a girl has a dark past, hates guys, cant talk etc the reason is always rape and if you guys cant see that then you are really lucky with everything youve read. ive dropped many series cause of this very reason, if its not a hentai and it has rape i drop it straight away, just like that yuugi something show where her best friend was supporting her throughout the series then as soon as shes tranported there she got raped then turned evil...........arrg i hate that crap!!!
Substantiate your freaking claims first.
Rape does exist in manga and anime. Just like every other theme or story or event does.
Statistically speaking, that doesn't mean it is pervasive.
ACTION and COMEDY and CHILDHOOD FRIENDs and PARENTS NOT THERE are more pervasive. You could say that violence solving conflict are far more pervasive than rape. No one complains about that.
If you drop it, who cares? That doesn't mean that crap is pervasive. It just means you're oversensitive.
Like I said, one guy tallied up (using the DVD/BD sales wiki) all the airing anime in THIS YEAR ALONE (which is not over yet) and out of the 120+ anime titles, only 5 or 6 dealt with rape.
Quote:
any this one scene didnt really do anything in blacksmith apart from wasting 2 chapters and maybe making luke relize he likes her...maybe
Are you serious?
It showed Cecily that she is not strong the way that she is. Her getting beaten up before never showed that to her. She never felt this helpless or disgusted even when she got beaten before. In this one moment, Siegfried taught her how powerless she was, because he crushed Cecily's bright outlook of hope and trust that her ideals will always prevail. He showed her that power > flowery ideals. That ideals cannot do anything if you lack the power to do anything.

Wasting? EVERY theme and story is wasted. Characters fight. Characters tease. Characters do things and things happen to them.

If the aftereffects of this event didn't really do anything at all, then every other written event in any anime/manga/novel didn't do anything at all. By your logic, EVERY chapter/episode is wasted because most themes don't really do anything at all due to your criteria.

Characters fighting is useless. Characters being peaceful is useless. Characters having conflict is useless. Characters doing anything is useless. Everything in wasted afterwards.

That's me putting your criteria and spreading it to EVERY theme and event other than rape. Because that's what rape is. Just an event. It's like with war, murder, assassination, duels, and every other bad thing that has ever happened in human history (and some of you go F YEAH when we have mobile suits destroying each other in bloody fights because BAD-ASS). I could even apply that to every other good thing as well, just to make your argument look like crap that a "certain" theme is something that's off-limits to be written or discussed in what an author wants to write using some asinine reason.

That said, if you don't like it, then don't read it. Drop this series now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I believe the argument of this is more geared towards chastising "rape" as a means of character development through the ease of its use.
Well, every other theme is easily used to develop other characters.
Violence. Trauma. Accidents. Emotional baggage. Parents (or lack of). War. Murder. Debts.
Everything is easily used.
But only Rape is chastised.
I can understand why people would not want a story like that.
But saying that it's easy, overused, or not original is a very weak argument. Because every other theme has been more used than that to develop other characters.

If you hate it, use a real honest argument: "I hate [x] so that's why I don't like it in what I read."
I just hate it when people have to freaking lie to sound like they have good taste, when they're just being pretentious as heck as well as idiotic by making false claims.
__________________

Last edited by Nanaya; 2012-08-14 at 08:56.
Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 09:09   Link #90
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
Substantiate your freaking claims first.
Rape does exist in manga and anime. Just like every other theme or story or event does.
Statistically speaking, that doesn't mean it is pervasive.
ACTION and COMEDY and CHILDHOOD FRIENDs and PARENTS NOT THERE are more pervasive. You could say that violence solving conflict are far more pervasive than rape. No one complains about that.
If you drop it, who cares? That doesn't mean that crap is pervasive. It just means you're oversensitive.
Like I said, one guy tallied up (using the DVD/BD sales wiki) all the airing anime in THIS YEAR ALONE (which is not over yet) and out of the 120+ anime titles, only 5 or 6 dealt with rape.

Are you serious?
It showed Cecily that she is not strong the way that she is. Her getting beaten up before never showed that to her. She never felt this helpless or disgusted even when she got beaten before. In this one moment, Siegfried taught her how powerless she was, because he crushed Cecily's bright outlook of hope and trust that her ideals will always prevail. He showed her that power > flowery ideals. That ideals cannot do anything if you lack the power to do anything.

Wasting? EVERY theme and story is wasted. Characters fight. Characters tease. Characters do things and things happen to them.

If the aftereffects of this event didn't really do anything at all, then every other written event in any anime/manga/novel didn't do anything at all. By your logic, EVERY chapter/episode is wasted because most themes don't really do anything at all due to your criteria.

Characters fighting is useless. Characters being peaceful is useless. Characters having conflict is useless. Characters doing anything is useless. Everything in wasted afterwards.

That's me putting your criteria and spreading it to EVERY theme and event other than rape. Because that's what rape is. Just an event. It's like with war, murder, assassination, duels, and every other bad thing that has ever happened in human history (and some of you go F YEAH when we have mobile suits destroying each other in bloody fights because BAD-ASS). I could even apply that to every other good thing as well, just to make your argument look like crap that a "certain" theme is something that's off-limits to be written or discussed in what an author wants to write using some asinine reason.

That said, if you don't like it, then don't read it. Drop this series now!


Well, every other theme is easily used to develop other characters. Violence. Trauma. Accidents. Emotional baggage. Parents. War. Murder. Debts.
Everything is easily used.
But only Rape is chastised.
I can understand why people would not want a story like that.
But saying that it's easy, overused, or not original is a very weak argument. Because every other theme has been more used than that to develop other characters.

If you hate it, use a real honest argument: "I hate [x] so that's why I don't like it in what I read."
I just hate it when people have to freaking lie to sound like they have good taste, when they're just being pretentious as heck as well as idiotic.
^ wow

Rape is bad,bad,bad i dont like it in series i watch/read.period. so when its used as a plot device in series i like, it makes me sick

hmm some examples then..

Maihime otome
berserk
mirai nikki
freezing
Fushigi Yuugi
black butler
ikki tousen (sort of hentai so it doesnt count)
Black lagoon
Higurashi(attempted but still bad)
and most of those "dark" anime like paranoia agent

<he crushed Cecily's bright outlook of hope and trust that her ideals will always prevail. He showed her that power > flowery ideals. That ideals cannot do anything if you lack the power to do anything.>

ill give you that +1
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 09:49   Link #91
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^not a substantial plot element but there was rape in FMA, not shown though
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 10:50   Link #92
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
^not a substantial plot element but there was rape in FMA, not shown though
god the first FMA anime and movie clearly did not like rose. in the original manga and brotherhood nothing happened to her
__________________
Om Nerabdator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 16:26   Link #93
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Meh, done death topic. Well the manga is one for going from one side to the other in a heartbeat with the early chapter where she walked in on the bandits taking a piss and then several pages later heads be flying off baddie's bodies. So how about more up to date discussion with the latest raw which I believe is ch 36...
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-14, 19:56   Link #94
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
^ Woah what happend to him?
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 19:26   Link #95
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Got stuck in a cave.
I am surprised by how fast the story went in volume 7 of the manga. It felt like it skipped around 3 to 4 volumes worth of LN chapters.
__________________
Nanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 20:30   Link #96
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
And no chapter this month...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 17:50   Link #97
XxSleepyxX
Learner
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: HONEY~
That scene is real. Whether or not it was intentional or not it seems like the author had to recon it because of the angry fans. In this aspect I guess you can say the fans have the power?
The manga skipped a lot of the side stories.
__________________
XxSleepyxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 09:32   Link #98
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Meh, done death topic. Well the manga is one for going from one side to the other in a heartbeat with the early chapter where she walked in on the bandits taking a piss and then several pages later heads be flying off baddie's bodies. So how about more up to date discussion with the latest raw which I believe is ch 36...
Spoiler:
Isn't that the original sacred katana that sealed the demon (don't remember the name)?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 07:17   Link #99
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Spoiler for c32:


Also, Seven Seas has licensed the manga.
__________________

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2012-10-05 at 10:42.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 16:26   Link #100
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Seems people are making Cecily: Sheath/Luke: Sword jokes. Very apt.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blacksmith, fantasy, seinen, swords

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.