AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-05, 05:32   Link #41
Raph
Genin for ever
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: I live on boat, and it's not hidden
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
(...)

I think that both of them have worn the mask; Madara, during the Kyuubi incident and Obito since his introduction as Tobi.
May seem reasonable at first, but if you think about the battle between Yondaime and "16 years ago Masked man", I guess if it was Madara himself, he would not fail to Minato, also mostly he was using space-time ninjutsu, so I think that was Obito back then.

The other thing is when Naruto was born it was a few years after 3rd war, so it stands in favor to fact that Obito was already in action by this time, and also the one to whom Itachi came was Obito too.

EDIT: The prove that Itachi came to Obito is in Chapter 404 p17 when Tobi says to Zetsu, that Itachi is dead and he no longer has to keep his promise to him.

Last edited by Raph; 2012-09-05 at 05:49.
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 05:51   Link #42
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I stopped reading at page 12. That's it, naruto is dropped. Well, it was a fun ride. Can someone be so kind and tell me if everything else comes up about obito? Something to redeem this ... i don't even know how to call it. Maybe I'll give it another chance then.
Giving up after knowing 5% of the story? If you were thorough you'd at least see it through until the entire picture is complete.

You only see him saying "I guess it's because you let Rin die". Subsequently you hear him saying that all that isn't even relevant anymore. Obviously some other stuff happened too.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 05:59   Link #43
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
I kind of understand but I also disagree. You just know how "something" (you don't even know what exactly) started. So there's plenty of room to provide a proper explanation. I myself am skeptical too but I'm willing to wait it out.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 06:06   Link #44
Eragon
eff off shiro.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the warm embrace of ice.
Age: 21
Hahah..........I can't stop laughing...the posts here are hilarious....especially the shodai juice thing....haha..

Jokes aside(yeah I know its hard with a chapter like this), Kishi really needs to give a better reason than that. For all the high and mighty talk from tobi(obito), this is the reason we get - and I know this isn't all of the reason but still a major part. If he's pissed about Rin dying(or rather Kakashi "letting" her die) then fucking go after Kakashi don't screw around with the rest of the world. Seriously, this makes Sasuke's decision to wipe the Leaf village reasonable in comparison.
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 06:51   Link #45
yakumo-chan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Behind You!
Age: 23
TObi is Obito, this confirms it, no more soul switching or whatsoever!!

Sweet Victory! Obito Fans!
__________________
yakumo-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 06:53   Link #46
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
well, it would have been better if Rin wasn't even mentioned, as that is not the case, obito says his "reason for not coming back to leaf" was because Kakashi let her die, i hope there would be a better reason as to how he survived and for the Moon's eye plan, he says that nothing matters and he is not interested in this world so it better not be a whole revenge thing over Rin's death

there also seems someone else in the shadows, because it's hard to imagine that obito survived on his own with half of his body crushed and completely blind
__________________
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 06:54   Link #47
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

-Well, that was...hilarious. All this for a girl? Really Obito, really? Ah but wait, I remember you being such a massive troll beforehand so anything coming out of your mouth I'll take with about 3 tons of salt. Until we get some 3rd party confirmation, I'm just going to laugh at the irony that Naruto of all people is telling Kakashi that he'll hear the sob-story later.
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 06:57   Link #48
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles,California
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I think that both of them have worn the mask; Madara, during the Kyuubi incident and Obito since his introduction as Tobi.
I can get behind this. It shows that madara being a shell of his former sell could not beat the 4th and have him very weak, but enough for one more battle, thus the massacre and he dies shortly afterward and then obito rebuilt from parts of zetsu and whatnot takes over the mask and persona of madara.
__________________
Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:17   Link #49
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Now that Madara's there, we may finally get some answers. Obito doesn't care at all about explaining himself to anyone, because he doesn't care about anything but his plan anymore. That's why Kishimoto needs to have Madara there, in order to explain everything regarding Obito's change of heart. With Madara joining the fight, the powers are a bit uneven, though. Kakashi's as good as done fighting and Gai really can't do anything. So it's basically Naruto and Killerbee, but they can't even handle Tobi by themselves. Now that an even stronger opponent has arrived, we need somebody to intervene in this fight. There are basically two possibilities, that I can think of right now: Sasuke or the Konoha 11.

It would make sense for Sasuke to appear in this fight, along with Orochimaru and the rest of his crew. With 'the people who know everything' it's possible that he was refering to Tobi and Madara. Him and Orochimaru joining the fray as well would definitely even the odds to an extent. Sure, you may argue that it's unlikely for Naruto and Sasuke to team up, but in this situation, there really wouldn't be an alternative for Sasuke.

Then there are the Konoha 11. I doubt that they can actually do much, however, it would be fitting of Kishimoto to let them fight Madara, who now supposedly defeated the five Kages (if this Madara isn't a clone). The notion of the K11 defeating the guy that the five Kages couldn't handle would add to Kishimoto's failed concept of having the younger generation surpass the old ones. It's a failed concept though, because besides Naruto or Sasuke, no one is really surpassing anybody. Even if they defeated Madara, it would take them twice as many shinobi. But that's beside the point anyway.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:22   Link #50
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Obito and Madara together eh? GG anyone?
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:28   Link #51
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: There...no, not there.Yes, there!
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Now that Madara's there, we may finally get some answers. Obito doesn't care at all about explaining himself to anyone, because he doesn't care about anything but his plan anymore. That's why Kishimoto needs to have Madara there, in order to explain everything regarding Obito's change of heart. With Madara joining the fight, the powers are a bit uneven, though. Kakashi's as good as done fighting and Gai really can't do anything. So it's basically Naruto and Killerbee, but they can't even handle Tobi by themselves. Now that an even stronger opponent has arrived, we need somebody to intervene in this fight. There are basically two possibilities, that I can think of right now: Sasuke or the Konoha 11.

It would make sense for Sasuke to appear in this fight, along with Orochimaru and the rest of his crew. With 'the people who know everything' it's possible that he was refering to Tobi and Madara. Him and Orochimaru joining the fray as well would definitely even the odds to an extent. Sure, you may argue that it's unlikely for Naruto and Sasuke to team up, but in this situation, there really wouldn't be an alternative for Sasuke.

Then there are the Konoha 11. I doubt that they can actually do much, however, it would be fitting of Kishimoto to let them fight Madara, who now supposedly defeated the five Kages (if this Madara isn't a clone). The notion of the K11 defeating the guy that the five Kages couldn't handle would add to Kishimoto's failed concept of having the younger generation surpass the old ones. It's a failed concept though, because besides Naruto or Sasuke, no one is really surpassing anybody. Even if they defeated Madara, it would take them twice as many shinobi. But that's beside the point anyway.
Well, Guy can open his eight gate, but he will die that way. B is injured right now. So Naruto is the only powerhouse there right now.
And they have lots of problems against Tobi because of his annoying technique, it's kinda difficult to kill someone if you can't even touch them.

But I agree that Sasuke joining and helping along with Orochimaru and two extras is the only way to beat that Uchiha combo... Or if they turn on each other.
DarkSkiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:28   Link #52
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
why... I thought we're only joking when predicting Obito's true intention is because of Rin... but Kishi actually choose it and making it come true...

I suddenly lost interest in this battle... but everything change when Madara enter the scene
now, I think we should be patient and watch what will happen in this 'final climax'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Well, that was...hilarious. All this for a girl? Really Obito, really? Ah but wait, I remember you being such a massive troll beforehand so anything coming out of your mouth I'll take with about 3 tons of salt. Until we get some 3rd party confirmation, I'm just going to laugh at the irony that Naruto of all people is telling Kakashi that he'll hear the sob-story later.
To be fair, Nagato tried to destroy the world simply because his dog died...oh, and Yahiko. So, it's not like we haven't seen this exact same storyline already in this series. Honestly, since the storyline is already so weak, now we know for sure that Talk no Jutsu will work.

Still, I have to love when Naruto asks "Who is he?", more or less validating the argument of how unimportant Obito was to the story. And now that Madara is on hand, that means Kakashi and Gai will defeat Tobi, further cementing the fact that Tobi=Obito makes the character irrelevant to the main story (which features Naruto).

Oh well, thankfully Kishimoto decided to just show the fight instead of cutting away like I assumed he would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
Well, Guy can open his eight gate, but he will die that way. B is injured right now. So Naruto is the only powerhouse there right now.
And they have lots of problems against Tobi because of his annoying technique, it's kinda difficult to kill someone if you can't even touch them.
They already know the trick to defeating Tobi (and its relatively easy to do...if Kakashi has the chakra), so the fight could be a lot easier than you've imagined.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:38   Link #53
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
They already know the trick to defeating Tobi (and its relatively easy to do...if Kakashi has the chakra), so the fight could be a lot easier than you've imagined.
That's exactly the problem though. Unless Kakashi's planning on dying, there's no way Naruto can rely on him to defeat Obito. I mean he already took a rasengan to the face and survived without a scratch. Kakashi would need to warp away a bijuu bomb if they are hoping to defeat this guy.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:52   Link #54
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
I concur with this.

Edit: Not the Rin and shodai juice theory...
Don't hate on Rin, we still need to see her dead body first. A Flash Back will of course solve that issue if they even bother with that. Out of the three poor Rin was just tossed into a freezer when no one was looking. Poor girl deserved better, would have been more interesting had she appeared later so the three could meet again but that seems unlikely. So instead she's just used as reference for Obito being evil.

Than again Obito coming back and going evil because Rin died and never loved him was a stretch as well.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:54   Link #55
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
i couldn't stop laughing, this chapter is so hilarious!

so let's see, it looks like madara is palpatine and obito is anakin skywalker who turned dark side because his girl died. he also got himself physically mutilated. i keep hearing the imperial march theme for some weird reason.

what i find even more hilarious is the fact that last week some posters theorized that edo-madara would appear to where obito was. like magic, he did appear! i won't be surprised if kishi would explain the timelines by giving obito time-traveling abilities like the theories say.

looks like edo-madara kicked the crap out of the kage. no surprise there either. i was hoping that tobi would just be part obito but it looks like he really is obito, and madara is his mentor and benefactor just like palpatine was to anakin.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:54   Link #56
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
That's exactly the problem though. Unless Kakashi's planning on dying, there's no way Naruto can rely on him to defeat Obito. I mean he already took a rasengan to the face and survived without a scratch. Kakashi would need to warp away a bijuu bomb if they are hoping to defeat this guy.
Minato was able to bitch-slap Obito using his speed so technically Naruto should be able to as well, shouldn't he?
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:55   Link #57
Sasukemaru
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
I will gather all of the most powerful ninja in the world and form a group to hunt demons made of pure chakra so i can bring them back into one being. Next i will join with this demon and become all powerful and impose my will on the earth thru the most powerful genjutsu in existence. I must start a world war to do this because.........that girl i had a crush on died.....

The only thing more simplistic and stupid then making tobi oito, is the reason obito became tobi! He isn't some evil mastermind, he is just a crybaby, crying over....NOTHING


Tobis revealing has been a EPIC FAIL
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:08   Link #58
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
To be fair, Nagato tried to destroy the world simply because his dog died...oh, and Yahiko. So, it's not like we haven't seen this exact same storyline already in this series. Honestly, since the storyline is already so weak, now we know for sure that Talk no Jutsu will work.
-Really? I'd put his start of darkness at the point where he saw his parents die in front of him for no good reason. At least with Nagato I'm willing to cut some slack since he was just a civilian in a war-torn country until he actively chose to become a soldier and joining in on the Trauma Conga-line. But for some reason, I cannot buy Obito's excuse, which is why I agree he's going to get such a massive Talk-no-Jutsu even the resurrected Madara will be like "Wow Obito, you're really kind of a [bleep]".

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Still, I have to love when Naruto asks "Who is he?", more or less validating the argument of how unimportant Obito was to the story. And now that Madara is on hand, that means Kakashi and Gai will defeat Tobi, further cementing the fact that Tobi=Obito makes the character irrelevant to the main story (which features Naruto).
-Oh yeah, I see your point. Though a part of me hopes to see teamwork like we've had up until now. But they'll likely split into 2 groups and Naruto will have to somehow tear down Madara, when the 5 Kages combined could not. I predict a massive amounts of "HAX" being called out over Naruto's state of power if he wins on his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Oh well, thankfully Kishimoto decided to just show the fight instead of cutting away like I assumed he would.
-Unless he's planning to do that next and show how Madara ROFLStomped the 5 Kages.
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:10   Link #59
Jpmartinez
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Those who think madara wore the mask and fought the fourth and got his ass kick must look at the now edo madara just joining the field. The guy beat 5 kages essily even in the worse of his days he would of gave a better battle to the 4th. Anyways i thought harashima seal his ability to control kurama back in the final fight so how could he possibly gain control over him again?

Also Obito being Tobi isn't a fail it saved us the bother to read some 30 chapters of explanation. As anyone could tell all the other theories were too complex to be possible. Kishi always seems to go for the simple and effective. Rin's death seem to be the trigger but then again we know nothing about that, and whether if that is Obito's whole reason to destroy the world it wouldn't matter as we can tell now the main concern for everyone should be Madara. I guess this confirms that naruto will be getting some help from someone maybe even Susuke.

Last edited by Jpmartinez; 2012-09-05 at 08:24. Reason: spellcheck
Jpmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:15   Link #60
ZGoten
Custom User Title
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Minato was able to bitch-slap Obito using his speed so technically Naruto should be able to as well, shouldn't he?
I don't think so, since he has no instant teleportation jutsu. His regular speed may be on par with Minato's now, or maybe even better, but he still lacks the speed of the Flying Thunder God Technique.
__________________
Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see with both eyes.
ZGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.