AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-05, 08:16   Link #61
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I don't think so, since he has no instant teleportation jutsu. His regular speed may be on par with Minato's now, or maybe even better, but he still lacks the speed of the Flying Thunder God Technique.
For now....
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:18   Link #62
Sasukemaru
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
I would rather have 30 chapters of tobi being explained as an obscure character with actual motivation and purpose then, duur duuur im obito duuur im retarded duuur that girl i liked when i was 11 died so i want to take over the world duuuur duuuur is this dumb enough for everyone to understand?

Obito being tobi is the biggest fail in manga history
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:19   Link #63
Jpmartinez
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Red face

so true i always hoped deep inside naruto will inherit and learn his father techniques one can only hope though
Jpmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:24   Link #64
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I think that both of them have worn the mask; Madara, during the Kyuubi incident and Obito since his introduction as Tobi.
So... what, were they playing sharesies with Obito's one remaining eye? It was clearly Obito, but that just means Kishi has more explaining to do. I'm still holding out hope that Tobi is Izuna in Obito's body and that he just knows of Rin and such from Zetsu, and Madara's just screwing with them all and he meant to say "Obito" rather than Obito. You know, to be a dick. The chances of that though are getting exponentially lower by the chapter, though.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:30   Link #65
Jpmartinez
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Tobi is Izuna in Obito's body .
Well Obito is defiantly suffering from personality disorder he doesn't even recognize himself as Obito any anylonger. Maybe is like a multiple personality thing and Izuna comes up to also form part of them. Idk like someone said already we need more explanation and the appearance of madara will confirm just that.
Jpmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:32   Link #66
Sasukemaru
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Tobis character is completely ruined can we just kill this guy off now, i cant even take him serious anymore. Kakashi should be laughing at him for being such a lil bit!h.

The akatsuki wouldn't even let him in their crew if he told them his story, he'd be hanging out with tenten somewhere for being this lame.


Obito i finally understand why u wore a mask and pretended to be an ACTUAL villain. I would do the same thing if i was as LAME as u.....
Sasukemaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:47   Link #67
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
It really doesn't add up since Obito was kinda weak when he "died", I don't see how he could have went toe to toe with the Fourth and Madara is too strong to be defeated by just the Fourth alone. Something is up.

Would be nice if they have us more info on what happened there and when Rin "died". Would be horrible if Obito "died" than came back evil and super strong because Rin never loved him.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-09-05 at 09:09.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:49   Link #68
Jpmartinez
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
The right spelling is kyuubi
Jpmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:51   Link #69
WefiDasst
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
i feel trolled.
WefiDasst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:59   Link #70
mrShady
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NL
Still something bugs me about Tobi. Assuming that his dimensional teleportation sharinhax is only Obito's eye jutsu, why then in the fight against Minato did Tobi praise him for his strength even though Obito should already be aware of that. I mean the guy was his teacher....
Also around the Gaara capture/rescue + 2 arcs he acted like a retard... why the heck would he. Was it just some act to throw people off?
There's a lot more that's out of place making his character and background even more disconnecting. This chapter's comments about himself makes it even harder to understand what/who the heck he is. I will wait till Kishi concludes this story to make a final conclusion but up until now it's really bad writing.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 08:59   Link #71
Golos
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Western Eurasia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
It really doesn't add up since Obito was kinda weak when he "died", I don't see how he could have went toe to toe with the Fourth and Madara is too strong to be defeated by just the Fourth alone. Something is up.
He was the Naruto of his generation. We already know that his sharingan was not one of the weak ones. It's not a stretch that he has turned out to be a very strong fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Would be nice if they ave us more info on what happened there and when Rin "died". Would be horrible if Obito "died" than came back evil and super strong because Rin never loved him.
He has accepted that. What he couldn't accept, was that his sacrifice didn't work.
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 09:01   Link #72
Shay
Monarch Programmer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Liverpool
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
Tobis character is completely ruined can we just kill this guy off now, i cant even take him serious anymore. Kakashi should be laughing at him for being such a lil bit!h.

The akatsuki wouldn't even let him in their crew if he told them his story, he'd be hanging out with tenten somewhere for being this lame.


Obito i finally understand why u wore a mask and pretended to be an ACTUAL villain. I would do the same thing if i was as LAME as u.....
You are so right. The more I think about it the lamer* it gets! How can this punk ass bitch be the mastermind behind the Akatsuki?

Maybe this is the real reason why Oro left the organisation - he could not be seen hanging round with such a gimp as Obito.

Tobi/fake Madara/Obito - The guy is so fucked up over this Rin chick he doesn't even know who he is. Oh no, he just wants to destroy the world and is able to manipulate some of the strongest ninjas ever known to his cause... Assballs!
__________________
Current Anime - Attack on Titan
Current Manga - Naruto
Current Book - Waiting for War of the Roses
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 09:08   Link #73
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golos View Post
He was the Naruto of his generation. We already know that his sharingan was not one of the weak ones. It's not a stretch that he has turned out to be a very strong fighter.



He has accepted that. What he couldn't accept, was that his sacrifice didn't work.
The problem is that when he died he was weak and than suddenly he's super strong and can fight the fourth? That's hard to believe, especially since we haven't been shown how he became so strong so fast.

Or if it really was Madara why he was so weak against the Fourth but seems to be godmoding all the current Kage's without exerting any effort.

Obito is just being spiteful. The dead have no right to question the choices and actions the living make after their passing.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 09:11   Link #74
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golos View Post
He was the Naruto of his generation.
He was not the Naruto of his generation. There was no Naruto of Kakashi's generation. Naruto is a Jinchuuriki and his attitude and goofball nature directly result from how the village treated him mixed with his inherent nature. Obito was simply a failed Uchiha (in so far as the clan and village considered him a failure for not awakening his Sharingan earlier) who didn't get the girlfriend he wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The problem is that when he died he was weak and than suddenly he's super strong and can fight the fourth? That's hard to believe, especially since we haven't been shown how he became so strong so fast.
It took Naruto 4 days to reach the level of strength required to fight a Kage. It took him another week to reach the level of strength to fight a god. It took Sasuke one fight to reach the level of strength required to fight a Kage. It took him a few days to reach the level of strength required to fight an entire world. Obito was already an adequate if not better Chuunin, and when he gained the Sharingan he was even able to fight Jounins. So, give him an MS and at least a year to train and of course he would be able to fight any Kage.

A sharp increase of strength is par for the course, especially when you start with powerful tools (the Sharingan, the Kyuubi, etc).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 09:39   Link #75
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
The problem is that when he died he was weak and than suddenly he's super strong and can fight the fourth? That's hard to believe, especially since we haven't been shown how he became so strong so fast.

Or if it really was Madara why he was so weak against the Fourth but seems to be godmoding all the current Kage's without exerting any effort.

Obito is just being spiteful. The dead have no right to question the choices and actions the living make after their passing.
I totally agree with you. Something is amiss here; it is as if some demon took possession of Obito's body and was able to utilize his memories.

What's more disconcerting is how in the world does Madara himself is familiar with him? A seemingly good-for-nothing-below-average ninja that was born a 100 years after his death?

In any case, I love this chapter and this whole arc in general
__________________
"If you educate people, you cannot control them." ~Jacque Fresco
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 09:53   Link #76
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
So it was all for a girl after all however in the end doesn't really matter to me, I stopped caring about all that nonsense and what not when god makes his appearance!

Madara is making the story now and I really really hope we do get one hell of a epic showdown here.
This is now the defining part of the series, I expect to see Kishimoto's best work here, I won't be forgiving at all at what's to come, EPIC SHOWDOWN HAS TO BE EPIC SHOWDOWN!

Just wondering who else is gonna join this fight.
__________________
Bonta Kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 09:55   Link #77
Black-Cat-Sama
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Stopped reading when Itachi died the second time because of all the retconning, but read last chapter just to lawl at all the mistakes because of what I heard. Read this chapter just to see if all the things from the previous chapter were meant to trick us again before a big reveal, but no. Can't read Naruto anymore--it's changed far too much from what it was and too much disregard for certain things...eh. I'm done =/ nice try Kishi.
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 10:25   Link #78
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
i really don't see naruto and co winning this fight. I could see 1 chapter of them getting their butts kicked and then it cuts to sasuke. Sasuke does his thing with orochimaru and then he joins the fight.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 10:41   Link #79
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
I disagree, Sasuke was always a genius and we have seen Naruto training. Even when he went with Pervy Sage he wasn't that ridiculously powerful. Obito was weak up to his death and was missing an eye by that point. It's very hard to image when Madara and Zetsu may have done to make him suddenly as strong as the Fourth in such a short time. We don't even have any idea how long i took Obito to recover or when he started being trained or when he snapped because Rin died... Whenever that is. There's simply too many blanks here and it's annoying. It's highly doubtful we'll ever received any hard details over what happened. At most we'll get a flashback showing Obito being "saved" and maybe a few panels of his training and/or Rin dying.

Well Orochimaru has Anko, Kabuto, and Sasuke all gathered up together. It's only fair he throws them a wild party.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 11:15   Link #80
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
I agree that this chapter sucks, but I also think you guys are jumping the gun. there's clearly going to be a lot more to this story than has been revealed yet. I remember not caring about nagato's backstory for the first few chapters, but then when all was said and done I liked it. so I guess we'll see. if left at just this then yea, it sucks, but i highly doubt this is all there will be to obito's character. we may have to watch a fight (although probably awesome) before we get our answers though. naruto doesn't even want to talk right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Still, I have to love when Naruto asks "Who is he?", more or less validating the argument of how unimportant Obito was to the story. And now that Madara is on hand, that means Kakashi and Gai will defeat Tobi, further cementing the fact that Tobi=Obito makes the character irrelevant to the main story (which features Naruto).
naruto has no reason to know obito. he also didn't know nagato. i dont see your point. no matter who tobi turned out to be, naruto wouldn't have known him. he had to be at least 1 generation older than naruto's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
so let's see, it looks like madara is palpatine and obito is anakin skywalker who turned dark side because his girl died. he also got himself physically mutilated. i keep hearing the imperial march theme for some weird reason.
i thought this too. it's just like the crappy prequels... at least we don't have to suffer through James Earl Jones asking about Padme... but we may have to suffer through a 'where's Rin? NNNnnooOoOOooOo!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post
Minato was able to bitch-slap Obito using his speed so technically Naruto should be able to as well, shouldn't he?
not really. it's assuming tobi didn't improve over that time. and also naruto doesn't have those teleportation skills yet
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.