AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-03, 22:37   Link #1781
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Thats reminds me. Why did Hisoka say the spider engage in philanthropic actions? He is being sarcastic or did i read wrongly?
Something akin to Colombian drug czars doing "good deeds" for the local villages and such, I expect.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 23:17   Link #1782
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Something akin to Colombian drug czars doing "good deeds" for the local villages and such, I expect.
as a colombian and a manga reader i can say youre wrong on both, there is a reason for hisoka to say that that is probably be disclosed later in the anime.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 23:41   Link #1783
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 27
Amusingly, they already gave us the answer about 20 episodes ago.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 00:09   Link #1784
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
as a colombian and a manga reader i can say youre wrong on both, there is a reason for hisoka to say that that is probably be disclosed later in the anime.
Fair enough.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 01:03   Link #1785
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Amusingly, they already gave us the answer about 20 episodes ago.
Really? If that is so then it is not a spoiler. Could you say what it is about?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 09:41   Link #1786
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
He kind of superimposed the condition on himself. Going against it would kill him.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 23:56   Link #1787
gsilver
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Do restrictions on abilities also increase their power? IE, Kurapika choosing a limitation that limits his ability to just over a dozen people, which is very restrictive, increasing its might by a similar amount? Or, is it just a choice of ethics?
__________________
‿‿
gsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 00:18   Link #1788
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It's about power.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 01:55   Link #1789
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 27
Well, mostly it's about conviction. Nen is basically your spirit, so by limiting it you show a strong conviction, and it becomes more powerful.

This doesn't just apply to Kurapica, although his conviction is stronger than most. Little things like Shizuku not being able to suck up living beings with her vacuum, or Franklin cutting off the tips of his fingers to shoot his bullets are also restrictions they place upon themselves to make themselves stronger. I mean, their powers didn't have to work like that, they just chose for them to.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 04:25   Link #1790
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
To add, in the case of more complex Nen abilities, especially those on the lower half of the hexagon (manipulator, conjurer, specialist) require conditions and restrictions just to become possible. On the flipside, restrictions, combined with one of those schools can allow for some radical effects. Like, for example, a chain that is completely unbreakable (If Uvo can't break that chain, no one can, as long as they are a spider).
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 06:53   Link #1791
HybridBloodsZak
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well, mostly it's about conviction. Nen is basically your spirit, so by limiting it you show a strong conviction, and it becomes more powerful.

This doesn't just apply to Kurapica, although his conviction is stronger than most. Little things like Shizuku not being able to suck up living beings with her vacuum, or Franklin cutting off the tips of his fingers to shoot his bullets are also restrictions they place upon themselves to make themselves stronger. I mean, their powers didn't have to work like that, they just chose for them to.
I'll put it this way so my comment is spoiler free and doesn't get banned, a character later in the manga uses the conviction system to the extreme and pays a high price because of it
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 07:30   Link #1792
Goty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via ICQ to Goty Send a message via MSN to Goty
What was with Gon and Killua's dark skin when they were presenting this week's hunterpedia? Probably some pun i'm missing.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 10:15   Link #1793
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 25
They went to the beach over the break last week?
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 13:21   Link #1794
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well, mostly it's about conviction. Nen is basically your spirit, so by limiting it you show a strong conviction, and it becomes more powerful.

This doesn't just apply to Kurapica, although his conviction is stronger than most. Little things like Shizuku not being able to suck up living beings with her vacuum, or Franklin cutting off the tips of his fingers to shoot his bullets are also restrictions they place upon themselves to make themselves stronger. I mean, their powers didn't have to work like that, they just chose for them to.
Yeah, I was answering gsilver. I meant that Kurapika didn't limit himself for the fun of it, or because he thought the Spiders are the only scumbags who need killing. He did it to gain the strength to fight them.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2012-09-05 at 15:48.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 15:42   Link #1795
Arkeus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, I was answering gsilver. I meant that Kurapika didn't limit himself for the fun of it, because he thought the Spiders are the only scumbags who need killing. He did it to gain the strength to fight them.
Yes and no- He did it for power, but the restrictions themselves usually must have to do with the characters themselves. They always 'choose' restrictions that are, in fact, things they believe in. There are even cases of restrictions where the nen-user doesn't even think of them as such (e.g, made them because it was normal, not because of any other reasons).
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 15:52   Link #1796
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Well, yes. Nen powers are limited by the user's imagination, their sense of what makes sense. But in this particular case, it's because he wanted to fight the Spiders and wouldn't have been strong enough without a restriction that big.

Obviously, most people aren't that definite in their goals and pick something less restrictive because they want a power that'll work in any situation.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2012-09-05 at 16:30.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 16:18   Link #1797
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Note that putting your life on the line will -always- power up a nen technique no matter who you are.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 18:26   Link #1798
Dagger
Nitro+ fan
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hyogo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
They went to the beach over the break last week?
Yep. And it's not really an exaggeration--Japanese kids do get incredibly tan over summer vacation.
__________________
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 21:17   Link #1799
FateAnomaly
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
But Gon is not a japanese. Didn't he live on an island in the middle of the ocean? He should have already been tan.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 21:45   Link #1800
vansonbee
❤Nishino Tsukasa❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
But Gon is not a japanese. Didn't he live on an island in the middle of the ocean? He should have already been tan.
Gon spends most of his time in the forest. He's a well known animal lover.
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.