AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-02, 16:24   Link #121
hyl
Hello, again
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
@bones

No offense, but going into a discussion with someone who hasn't read the game doesn't exactly work in the long run, because you aren't aware of many things that happened in every route.

If the anime wanted drama, then Mifuyu's story was the most obvious pick. 2nd choice would have been Isara's. Chisato's reaction to the rejection was extremely mild in Satsuki's story.

The actions of the Mouri was only explained in Michiru's story and i am sure the anime is already adding parts from her story into it. Especially if you look at the clues giving out in the serie. Plus I have already explained earlier that it can be done easily added regardless what route the anime picked. It didn't need to be done in Satsuki's story.

As for the poltical aspect, it was in my opinion done the best in Isara's and maybe Chisato's story.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 16:38   Link #122
bones
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
@ hyl


True, I don't know the game as well as you do but my point is that if the anime is going for Satsuki's route, the removal of the confession would be better for it as they can replace it with better plot points
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 16:44   Link #123
hyl
Hello, again
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
@ hyl


True, I don't know the game as well as you do but my point is that if the anime is going for Satsuki's route, the removal of the confession would be better for it as they can replace it with better plot points
O_o
It's pretty difficult to form and confirm a romantic relationship with someone without some kind of confession. Otherwise the anime will be skipping out on all the romantic moments and it will be just "Senkyo to chocolate" without the "Koi".
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 17:21   Link #124
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
I do think there is a good reason for the delaying the confession though, and that is because -- in this super route -- they intend to deal with Chisato's issues more fully than they did in the other routes in the game. So there is a sort of strategic benefit to holding off on the confession a bit longer to preserve the drama (and to cause us to have this sort of discussion!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Spoiler for spoilers incase of lurking anime-only viewers:
Spoiler for Reply to speculation/comparison:
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 03:51   Link #125
hyl
Hello, again
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
If i would have handled Satsuki's story with Chisato added, then i would have started with Satsuki's dillema with Hazuki (just like the start of episode 8) and then i would have postponed the outcome of it and finish explaining the entire situation with Chisato.
After that i would have finished the Shinonome family problems plus the confession to Satsuki and finally i would have used Chisato's rejection.
This way Satsuki's story wouldn't feel rushed.

But let's wait how this week's episode will play out, because i am pretty sure the anime can't stay ambiguous any longer. Otherwise it will ruin the finale.


edit: i find it odd why some people in the anime thread thinks that the anime will very likely end with Michiru. She will probably have a bigger impact on the story later on than let's say Isara or Mifuyu, but at this point the most likely picks are either Chisato or Satsuki. Even Hazuki has a higher chance than Michiru , even if she didn't have a route in any of the games.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 00:59   Link #126
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
But let's wait how this week's episode will play out, because i am pretty sure the anime can't stay ambiguous any longer. Otherwise it will ruin the finale.
Yup, I agree with you. If they don't outright spell it out next week, it's pretty hard to imagine that there'd still be much room to move.

Spoiler for More anime comparison musings:
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 01:52   Link #127
hyl
Hello, again
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yup, I agree with you. If they don't outright spell it out next week, it's pretty hard to imagine that there'd still be much room to move.

Spoiler for More anime comparison musings:
Spoiler for student president:


Spoiler for Satsuki's motivation:
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 02:16   Link #128
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Spoiler for student president:
Spoiler for Continued anime speculation:
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 02:23   Link #129
hyl
Hello, again
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Continued anime speculation:
Spoiler for more continued spoilers:
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 04:59   Link #130
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Spoiler for more continued spoilers:
Spoiler for Continue comparison anime/game and speculation:
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 18:53   Link #131
amoirsp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I'm curious on a few small things. Love the analysis you two are having.

Spoiler:



I'm still amused at how there's a numerous amount of things going on in the background, and so many possible things that could still happen.

Spoiler:


What I want to know is this:

Spoiler:
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 13:29   Link #132
hyl
Hello, again
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Spoiler for quick look at episode 9:


edit 3:
Spoiler for my opinion:

Last edited by hyl; 2012-09-06 at 14:21.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 14:22   Link #133
Elvin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
*Walks in*
Yuu Asakawa (voice of Satsuki) to appear at New York Comic Con next month.
*Walks out*
Elvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 14:37   Link #134
amoirsp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Spoiler for quick look at episode 9:


edit 3:
Spoiler for my opinion:
You took the words right out of my mouth. That's basically what I was going to say lol.

Spoiler:
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 15:57   Link #135
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
edit 3:
Spoiler for my opinion:
Spoiler for Thoughts on anime Episode 9, speculation on 10:
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 16:20   Link #136
hyl
Hello, again
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Spoiler for speculations on future episodes:

Last edited by hyl; 2012-09-06 at 16:42. Reason: Mifuyu
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 17:56   Link #137
amoirsp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Hm I'll share thoughts based on your speculations. First an inquiry:

Spoiler:


Then a small thing on Mifuyu:

Spoiler:


Then on Satsuki:

Spoiler:


Then on Isara:

Spoiler:


They do have Chisato consistently interrupt some specific events where it's just Yuuki and another girl (or the thought of another girl).

My tentative conclusion:

Spoiler:


Spoiler:


As a small joke, I was amused they showed Moheji without the mask on.

Spoiler:

Last edited by amoirsp; 2012-09-07 at 03:47. Reason: EDIT: Oops bad wording lol. I don't know Japanese. Several misinterpretations. Er, couldn't find it, nevermind.
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 14:13   Link #138
Snuffle
likes cute things
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Searching for more imoutos
Age: 34
I'm really not liking how this "super route" turned out, it was just a big mess. There are too many things happening without proper closure or reason for it to transpire.

The biggest gripe I have is there is not enough buildup for the anti-discrimination plan, it feels very out of place even though it was shown in an earlier episode that bullying is a serious problem.

I don't even know all the routes but I can still see the unbalance and how much lack of build up there is. I think the anime wasted too much time with the slow pacing of the first few episodes and is now stuck with a very small portion of time left to push out a conclusion.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 16:58   Link #139
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I'm really not liking how this "super route" turned out, it was just a big mess. There are too many things happening without proper closure or reason for it to transpire.
Well yeah... there are things I like about it, but it's sort of become "super summary" at this point. You get bits and pieces of each plot, but the flow isn't totally convincing, particularly in terms of the timing of events (it's like the plot is on rails), and the build-up for the relationship of each heroine with the protagonist (and the denouement of each of these). I had thought that they were going to focus on maybe two routes with a bit of a third to head towards the ending, but they are still trying to include as many routes as possible all the way to the end, so it's getting to be perhaps a bit overwhelming with all that's going on.

It's hard for me to say if it's really an issue of pacing (the early episodes weren't particularly slow compared to the game; a lot was cut), or if it's just trying to squeeze so much game content into so little time and to do it in a way that has some sort of sense to it (which is tricky since some of this content was intended to be mutually-exclusive). I guess, if you asked me, they spent a lot of time on election mechanics/strategy that could possibly have been summarized, but I think that's also a point of interest that sets this story apart from others in its genre.

At the end of the day... I think it'll be (another) one of those cases where the anime is pretty good, but you're really being encouraged to play the game to see other ways that things can play out. That's okay, and I sort of expect it from every VN adaptation, but my overall preference for the genre is basically to commit to one route, as I think that's more suitable for the time allotment. The approach here is not necessarily bad, but as you say, it inevitably feels somewhat rushed and disjointed.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 18:26   Link #140
hyl
Hello, again
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I don't dislike the idea of the current "super route" or "super summary", because it is interesting to see that the anime is atleast trying to do something different with all the things that happened in the previous 8 episodes.

The problem however is the execution. Episode 9 is crammed with too much story elements that are moving at the same time.
This episode has
-an ambigues conclusion to Satsuki's story.
-Chisato's frustration or desperation of losing Yuuki.
-political issues related to Oosawa
-the bullying problem related to Isara , which also became a part of Yuuki's manifesto
-the start of Michiru's story.
Everything feels rushed and forced because of this.

Also Chisato was made pretty unlikable for the anime viewers in just 1 episode. I have to blame this on:
-making Chisato seem less jealous than in the game , which is probably caused by making her less present when Yuuki encountered the other heroines (in particulary Satsuki)
-on delaying Chisato's story up untill now.The event in which Yuuki was almost ran over happened at the end of the camp. Which chronologically in the game should have occured either at the beginning of this episode or at the end of the last episode, but it was impossible to made that happen because Satsuki's story is/was still ongoing. The anime used the "delay" to show how Chisato really is in 1 episode, while the readers of the game saw it happening gradually.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, visual novel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.