AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Accel World

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-28, 07:27   Link #21
zzhk
Summary Machine
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
There already exists a thread for SAO/AW comparisons.
__________________
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 07:49   Link #22
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Alright, I will post some theories there. Thanks.
__________________
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 07:50   Link #23
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
Those "specualtion" are obviously fan made rumors. It's still fun to see people believing those rumors. I'm pretty certain SAO has nothing to do with this work.

Spoiler for more unconvincing rumors around Internet:
I'm well aware. And yes, it sure is.

Uhh.. no way. I honestly can't understand why some people are so intent on connecting the two worlds..

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
*looks at thread title* Isn't this for L/N?
Nope, it's for speculating about the anime for those who are familiar with the light novels.

Speculation and Theories: anime speculation thread for anime-only viewers.
Spoilers and Speculation: anime speculation thread for light novel readers/those familiar with the source material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I was going to point this out myself, but yes, that's the better thread to discuss this stuff in.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 00:12   Link #24
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Quick question; when does the most recent story arc take place? I know Sword Art Online has spanned several years so far, and the Accel World anime has covered a fair amount of ground in a short time (Autumn 2046 -> April 2047). How much time has passed in the novels?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 06:11   Link #25
Kennyal
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Can anyone advise if Taku is really a spy for the blue legion? The blue king did let him leave and join kuros legion with the minimum of fuss which makes me think theres something going on there, also a few times in the anime it looks like taku is about to confess something to haru then doesnt.

Also what happens with the Chiyu, Haru, Taku love triangle?
Kennyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 07:50   Link #26
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Taku -> Chiyu -> Haru.

Pretty simple as that.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 07:55   Link #27
Kennyal
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Sorry I meant, is there a resolution to the triangle in the LNs yet, Im not sure how far ahead the Lns are to the anime, im hoping the triangle mess gets sorted and doesnt become one of those things that is never given proper resolution.
Kennyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 08:07   Link #28
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
I don't think it would be resolved for quite some time.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 17:24   Link #29
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyal View Post
Can anyone advise if Taku is really a spy for the blue legion? The blue king did let him leave and join kuros legion with the minimum of fuss which makes me think theres something going on there, also a few times in the anime it looks like taku is about to confess something to haru then doesnt.

Also what happens with the Chiyu, Haru, Taku love triangle?
It would be out of the character as a king. He's supposedly known as his valor and virtue.

Spoiler for speculation:
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 13:40   Link #30
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Quick question; when does the most recent story arc take place? I know Sword Art Online has spanned several years so far, and the Accel World anime has covered a fair amount of ground in a short time (Autumn 2046 -> April 2047). How much time has passed in the novels?
Halp me please
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 21:16   Link #31
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyal View Post
Can anyone advise if Taku is really a spy for the blue legion? The blue king did let him leave and join kuros legion with the minimum of fuss which makes me think theres something going on there, also a few times in the anime it looks like taku is about to confess something to haru then doesnt.

Also what happens with the Chiyu, Haru, Taku love triangle?
Spoiler for Spoiler:
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 10:57   Link #32
judasmartel
神の金槌 (ユダ=マーテル)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Reading the spoilers above, I now know that being Taku is suffering.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 09:03   Link #33
Shiyumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Can anyone confirm me that in novel vol 4 , the article Haruyuki read only have Nerve Gear. When I watch anime, it sudden occupied to me, Kawahara said AC is an alter future of SAO. If this world didn't have Amu Sphere, maybe SAO incident this not happened. Then Asuna and Kirito did not meet each other and remain the way they are.
Shiyumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 04:52   Link #34
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philippines
@jox

Please that in this thread.
__________________
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 14:43   Link #35
Shiyumi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Let say something far stretch, what possibility of a timeline where SAO incident did not happen. Episode 22 have NerveGear but not AmuSphere.
About WC, her name(name in AC have important meaning, it tell basic trait of Avatar as well as personality), skill, action gave impression of hollow and vanity yet brilliant and magnificent.
Shiyumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 22:17   Link #36
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Spoilers for end of the anime:

Spoiler for Noumi:
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 13:08   Link #37
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 11
Continued from the Q&A thread:

First, allow us to lay down the facts about black and white that we DO know for sure:

1. Both colours are at the opposite end of a spectrum that governs a certain quality of an avatar

2. Said quality is independent of attack type (covered by the colour wheel) and avatar resistance (covered by the metal chart)

3. The following avatars are near white or actually white: Ardor Maiden, Sky Raker, Trilead Tetraoxide, Ash Roller, Sand Duct, Saffron Blossom and White Cosmos.

4. The following avatars are near black or actually black: Blood Leopard, Dusk Taker, Aqua Current, Graphite Edge, Black Vice and Black Lotus.



Now, the reason why I said black or colorless could possibly represent fear is due to the following:

1. Blood Leopard, a red avatar, uses biting as her main form of offense and also has 2 special attacks that relate to biting. As this goes against her position on the colour chart, we must look at her position on the white-black spectrum. As you can see, Blood Leopard sits rather close to black or colorless. As such, we can assume that this must be the culprit responsible for such an attack style.

2. Black Vise and Black Lotus, both being pure black avatars, should have at least a single similarity, even though both avatars underwent different development.

3. We have never seen Aqua Current attacking anybody, merely witness her defensive abilities. Memory Leak does not count as it is an IS ability, which is related to filling her emotional scar, wheras it is the emotional scar itself that is responsible for her avatar.

4. We do not know enough of Graphite Edge at this point of time to gleam any information.

5. Dusk Taker utilizes both range types by stealing the required body parts/ abilities/ Enhanced Armaments, rather than it being an original part of his avatar. This fits in with his position on the colour wheel as a purple avatar, but we must remember that this was bought about by his stealing ability. As Demonic Commandeer can be categorized under no other colour, besides yellow, which is in fact nearly directly opposite his position on the colour wheel and therefore making it impossible for it to be a yellow ability, we must again look to his position on the white-black spectrum. Thus, again we must assume that his position in relation to the black or colourless portion is responsible.

Taking these factors into consideration, we get fear.

You are correct to say that fear is subjective, but there are things people fear universally: having your belongings stolen from you (Dusk Taker), being sliced in half (Black Lotus), the darkness [We were all born being afraid of the dark in one way or another.] (Black Vice), being crushed to death (Black Vice) and monsters from most mythos are always described as having sharp teeth, which always means a nasty bite (Blood Leopard).

Now that you have seen my rationality for my conclusion, are you still going to throw it out of the window and casually dismiss it as groundless ?
Orange Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 17:53   Link #38
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
1. Both colours are at the opposite end of a spectrum that governs a certain quality of an avatar
Assumed. It is definitely plausible, but it's also possible that this notion is not entirely accurate.

Certainly, I don't see how White Cosmos seems opposite of any Black avatar we know. If anything, a total lack of offensive abilities would seem to qualify her as weird enough to be Black herself.


Quote:
2. Said quality is independent of attack type (covered by the colour wheel) and avatar resistance (covered by the metal chart)
Hmm. I can see how you could reasonably come to this conclusion, based only on theory.

However, that assumes that purely or nearly Black and White avatars are not specialized in ways that one could define as "types of attack".

Yet, Black Lotus is primarily focused on direct close range combat, and Black Vise is evidently suited for indirect long range combat. Two avatars which are pure Black, and they are designed for completely different tactics which seem like they ought to be Blue and Orange.

What similarities do they share? Do these similarities set them apart from Blue and Orange avatars?

You mention the possibility that they underwent different development, but do you imagine it's plausible that at Level 1, Black Lotus wasn't made of blades and Black Vise wasn't made of panels?

Their names suggest otherwise. Lotus seems a poetic way of referring to her many blades (as petals, you see) and how she floats (a lotus being a flower that floats on water). Vise would refer to Static Pressure, the move which traps opponents in a crushing vise made of panels.

Further, White Cosmos herself seems like she can be defined as a Yellow avatar. Because if she lacks any direct attacks at all, then that clearly means she has one specific attack type: Indirect.


Quote:
3. The following avatars are near white or actually white: Ardor Maiden, Sky Raker, Trilead Tetraoxide, Ash Roller, Sand Duct, Saffron Blossom and White Cosmos.
I can understand how Sky Raker and Ash Roller are some kind of Blue and Green, respectively.

That is, if Raker has no weapon, she needs to rush into close-range combat to defeat her opponent. And even though Roller rushes into to direct collide with his opponents, he is protected from the collision by his bike, which also works as a sort of shield against counterattacks.

But Sand Duct makes no sense as a Yellowish avatar. His main attack (Sand Blaster) is long-range and direct. His body is huge, and though we never see him throw a punch, it seems like he ought to have a lot of weight behind it. Likewise, his size suggests that he can absorb a lot of damage before going down.

The only thing that would make the whole thing sensible is if Sand Blaster is actually very weak at dealing damage, and instead is primarily intended to push a target away. That, combined with Molecular Driver, gives Sand Duct the power to push and pull his opponents -- indirectly affecting the battle by controlling their distance relative to himself.

Sand Blaster inflicting only minor damage directly also helps explain how Aqua Current absorbed a shot with no apparent effect. Even if she has a resistance based on her body, Sand Duct is two levels higher. Silver Crow is strong against piercing attacks, but with an advantage of three levels, Cyan Pile used a piercing attack to sever his arm clean off.


Quote:
1. Blood Leopard, a red avatar, uses biting as her main form of offense and also has 2 special attacks that relate to biting. As this goes against her position on the colour chart, we must look at her position on the white-black spectrum. As you can see, Blood Leopard sits rather close to black or colorless. As such, we can assume that this must be the culprit responsible for such an attack style.
Your theory does nothing to explain why she isn't Blue-slanted towards Black, as opposed to Red-slanted towards Black. Your theory includes nothing about completely reversing a color's tactics.


Quote:
5. Dusk Taker utilizes both range types by stealing the required body parts/ abilities/ Enhanced Armaments, rather than it being an original part of his avatar.
Except that he could theoretically also steal indirect abilities and tools from Yellow avatars, which would mean he didn't actually have any affinity for direct attacks.

On that note, I do agree that Demonic Comandeer itself was an indirect ability, and as such should have been Yellow.

Considering all that, his Purplish color makes just as little sense as Blood Leopard's Reddishness: None.

In fact, if Dusk Taker and Blood Leopard have one similarity, it's that they're on the completely opposite sides of the color wheel than they should be. Purplish Taker should be Yellow, and Red-Orangish Leopard should be Blue.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 23:58   Link #39
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 11
Quote:
Certainly, I don't see how White Cosmos seems opposite of any Black avatar we know. If anything, a total lack of offensive abilities would seem to qualify her as weird enough to be Black herself.
Quote:
Further, White Cosmos herself seems like she can be defined as a Yellow avatar. Because if she lacks any direct attacks at all, then that clearly means she has one specific attack type: Indirect.
I might be missing something, but since when was it mentioned that Cosmos lacked any offensive ability? O.O

Quote:
Yet, Black Lotus is primarily focused on direct close range combat, and Black Vise is evidently suited for indirect long range combat. Two avatars which are pure Black, and they are designed for completely different tactics which seem like they ought to be Blue and Orange.
Likewise, Crow is primarily focused on direct close ranged combat. If anything, their vastly different attack styles even though they are the same colour only reinforces this theory when we consider metal avatars, which do not have any specific attack style attributed to their colour.

Quote:
You mention the possibility that they underwent different development, but do you imagine it's plausible that at Level 1, Black Lotus wasn't made of blades and Black Vise wasn't made of panels?
No, it was just a casual example thrown in without any thought. Either way, it isn't important to the theory, so you'll forgive me if we just throw this out of the window and ignore it.

Quote:
Your theory does nothing to explain why she isn't Blue-slanted towards Black, as opposed to Red-slanted towards Black. Your theory includes nothing about completely reversing a color's tactics.
How else would it be strange that Blood Leopard is attacking with bites then?

Quote:
As this goes against her position on the colour chart
^ And yes, I did include something about her colour's tactic being reversed.

Quote:
Except that he could theoretically also steal indirect abilities and tools from Yellow avatars, which would mean he didn't actually have any affinity for direct attacks.
Fair point.
Orange Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 22:05   Link #40
Sunder the Gold
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
I might be missing something, but since when was it mentioned that Cosmos lacked any offensive ability? O.O
http://pastebin.com/4qBA7wUV

Spoiler for White Cosmos:



Quote:
Likewise, Crow is primarily focused on direct close ranged combat. If anything, their vastly different attack styles even though they are the same colour only reinforces this theory when we consider metal avatars, which do not have any specific attack style attributed to their colour.
Except that KYH says this in the light novel:

"...the metallic names «Metal Color», instead of attack, these are best at defense affinity.

"Your «Silver» included, the metallic colors are very rare, it is a strong color type. It has resistance against cutting, piercing, heat and poison attacks, and attack strength when using it’s hard metallic body for close combat is not low. But of course it has weaknesses. Corrosion attacks are it’s natural enemy, and it is also weak against blunt attacks."

So it seems that Silver is a <<Close Combat Direct Attack>> type after all. Each of the metal colors might have an associated attack strategy as well as defense strategy.

Which only makes sense. The attack strategies of the chromatic colors are also forms of defense, so that they have strategies to apply towards survival as well as victory. But if all the metallic colors can do well is absorb hits, then they would just be green.

Further, all metallic colors have have as many vulnerabilities as resistances. Therefore, they cannot be said to specialize in defense. Rather, it must be said that their defenses are specialized.

Since their resistances have so many exceptional vulnerabilities, just about any enemy can try to exploit at least one. This means metallic avatars cannot rely on defense like Greens, so they also need a specialized method of attack in order to achieve victory.

Gold is likely vulnerable to all forms of physical damage, and thus likely favors a long-range strategy (Gilgamesh!). Conversely, the avatar known as Iron Pound is almost certainly <<Close Combat Direct>>.

In total, this makes all metallic avatars more specialized than any chromatic avatar, since each metallic color is specialized in one particular form of attack AND against various forms of damage.

Recently in the fanfic thread, you made the convincing argument that the most highly-specialized avatars in the game are, in a way, the most powerful. That would make metallic avatars the most powerful avatars in the game, since each of them is double-specialized, and not one of them is an impure "alloy".

This even explains the paradox of Kuroyukihime's two statements. Though she says all avatars of the same level are essentially equal, she also says that metallic colors are "strong". Other Burst Linkers also comment that Crow should be strong because he's silver.

Theoretically, Silver Crow is equal. In practice, his double-specialization is a greater advantage than even a King of Pure Color's single-specialization.


Quote:
How else would it be strange that Blood Leopard is attacking with bites then?
What sense does it make to give strong meaning to particular colors and then reverse those meanings with a slightly darker shade, when the system would be elegantly much more simple by assigning avatars to the appropriate color to begin with?

Yet, it is true that Leopard and Taker are, apparently, on the completely opposite side of the chromatic wheel than they should be, and that both are darker shades. There might be a connection that is not readily obvious.

Alternatively, the author is simply breaking his own rules. After all, he can't call a vampiric cat "Blood Leopard" if she's blue.

"Yellow Taker" would have looked more comical than ominous. Just look at Sulphur Pot, who needed to ride a gigantic black dragon to look particular threatening. Yellow Radio looks like a clown; if he hadn't appeared in ambush with half his legion, would he have seemed properly intimidating?
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.