AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-06, 20:43   Link #21
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Aquarion EVOL has plenty of romance and comedy and mecha action in it
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 21:49   Link #22
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
Aquarion EVOL has plenty of romance and comedy and mecha action in it
He already watched it :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Inferno View Post
Anime I've Seen

Blue Gender
Gundam Seed
MuvLuv Alternative (watching)
Eureka 7
Aquariaon Evol
IGPX
IS: Infinite Stratos


@Mr. Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Inferno View Post
Also I heard gundam wing has no romance in it, so I was wondering if anyone can post which gundam series have romance.
Hmm....let me quote myself :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Gundam 00 (2 seasons) has it. Plenty of it, in fact (especially in the 2nd season). You can also watch the movie once you've done watching the 2 seasons. There's also the 08th Mobile Suit Team. To a lesser extent, you can try Gundam X & G Gundam too.
Note: Gundam Wing has romance too actually (primarily between Heero & Relena) but their "romance" might be too odd for you.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 23:58   Link #23
Mr.Inferno
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: with the wind
Thank you guys i will check them all out expecially the gundam ones

Obelisk: I've seen a few episodes of gundam wing, i see she is in love with him but they never get "together" do they?

I've also seen Evangelion the tv series and You can (Not) advance 1.1. Its a very sick romance at times, but i do like the dark feeling of the anime.
Mr.Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 01:06   Link #24
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Inferno View Post
Obelisk: I've seen a few episodes of gundam wing, i see she is in love with him but they never get "together" do they?
I don't know if it's safe to post this, so i'll just put it in the spoiler tag just in case:
Spoiler for Wing end:
Oh yeah, if you want a Gundam series with "Romeo & Juliet romance", go watch The 08th Mobile Suit Team first.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 01:09   Link #25
Mr.Inferno
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: with the wind
Kirito: thank you for suggesting Mars daybreak, i enjoy the pirate theme

Ok thank you obelisk I'll watch gundam wing

NIce, Ill check it out now.

Also ive already seen gundam g
Mr.Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 01:59   Link #26
Eragon
Star Crossed, literally.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the warm embrace of ice.
Age: 21
No mention of Gurren Lagann yet? What has become of the world
Anyway, if you haven't watched it watch it asap.
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 06:16   Link #27
wolfbankai
Junior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
second Gurren Lagann
wolfbankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 12:14   Link #28
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
mmm, now that I don't see it listed I'm starting to wonder if it is or not a mecha anime, but I'd add Macross Frontier to the list.
And I second surely Vision of Escaflowne!
Speaking of Gundams instead, I don't remember Gundam 00 having romance, but I'm not a fan of that show, so probably I just forgot it, but in the meanwhile I added The 08th Mobile Suit Team on my plan to watch list.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 21:50   Link #29
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Speaking of Gundams instead, I don't remember Gundam 00 having romance, but I'm not a fan of that show, so probably I just forgot it, ....
Just to remind you a bit :

Saji Crossroad x Louise Halevy, Setsuna (Soran Ibrahim) x Marina Ismail, Patrick Colasour x Kati Mannequin, Allelujah Haptism x Soma Peries (Mari Parfacy), Lockon Stratos (Neil Dylandy) x Feldt Grace, Lockon Stratos (Lyle Dylandy) x Anew Returner, Sumeragi (Lisa Kujoh) x Billy Katagiri, Christina x Lichty, and more

Each one of those pair has their own romance plot in the series (some end well, some don't ).
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 01:01   Link #30
Mr.Inferno
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: with the wind
I'll check out gurren lagann out, I heard it was a little sad

MacRoss frontier is a mecha, I'll check it out as well.

I know that marina has a crush on setsunas. All those people like each other in gundam 00?
Mr.Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 04:43   Link #31
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Demonbane.

Romance, Comedy, Action, Epic Drama. You have everything in one package. The anime pales in comparsion to the source material though.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 04:49   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Inferno View Post
All those people like each other in gundam 00?
Some of those pairs are even married in the end, some are separated by death, and some died together as lovers.

There's also some that broke-up though. Not all relationships turn well XD.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 12:03   Link #33
Flame-X
Anti-fan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Earth
The entire Macross franchise is romance centered.

Fafner: Right of Left (warning: very depressing)

Tekkaman Blade
__________________
Flame-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 16:21   Link #34
Mr.Inferno
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: with the wind
I'll start watching all the macross frachise , fafner: right of left, tekkaman, and demonbane

Where can I watch fafner and tekkaman?

Thank you both!

I've read 2 volumes of the manga verison, so I understand a little bit about gundam 00. But I had no clue there were so many couples formed. It sounds really good, Ill watch it today.

Spoiler for sg:
Mr.Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 18:17   Link #35
Flame-X
Anti-fan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Inferno View Post
I've read 2 volumes of the manga verison, so I understand a little bit about gundam 00. But I had no clue there were so many couples formed. It sounds really good, Ill watch it today.

Spoiler for sg:
The only couples that are properly formed at least to me are Allelujah Haptism x Soma Peries and Lockon Stratos (Lyle Dylandy) x Anew Returner. Others that were mentioned above by Obelisk ze Tormentor is either just some sort of highschool crush or just forced onto. As for Setsuna x Marina, I see their relationship as more of a mother and son than a couple. But that's just my 2 cents there. You'll see once you finish the series.
__________________
Flame-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 22:47   Link #36
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame-X View Post
The only couples that are properly formed at least to me are Allelujah Haptism x Soma Peries and Lockon Stratos (Lyle Dylandy) x Anew Returner. Others that were mentioned above by Obelisk ze Tormentor is either just some sort of highschool crush or just forced onto.
So, are you saying the feelings between Saji Crossroad & Louise Halevy are just “highschool crush” or “forced”? Saji remains loyal to Lousie for years even after the latter was consumed by revenge and hate and tried to kill him too. Their relationship is also pretty much developed throughout the series. So, I think putting that into “highschool crush” or “forced” category is a little bit of a stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame-X View Post
As for Setsuna x Marina, I see their relationship as more of a mother and son than a couple. But that's just my 2 cents there. You'll see once you finish the series.
Setsuna x Marina relationship is pretty much open for the viewers’ interpretation. So, your opinion is okay.


@Mr. Inferno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Inferno View Post
Spoiler for sg:
I really don’t wanna spoil it to you . So, if you really want to see how Setsuna & Marina end up, do as follows:
  1. Finish the series (2 seasons) first,
  2. Watch Gundam 00 Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer,
  3. Stay tuned after the end credits roll,
  4. After the end credits, you’ll see how Setsuna & Marina end up.
__________________

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2012-09-08 at 23:35. Reason: Addition
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 23:44   Link #37
Flame-X
Anti-fan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So, are you saying the feelings between Saji Crossroad & Louise Halevy are just “highschool crush” or “forced”? Saji remains loyal to Lousie for years even after the latter was consumed by revenge and hate and tried to kill him too. Their relationship is also pretty much developed throughout the series. So, I think putting that into “highschool crush” or “forced” category is a little bit of a stretch.
Here's the thing, I never bought their relationship because there wasn't any attraction towards each other. It's starts out Louise approaching Saji and just being attached to him for no reason. You don't see any spark of romance between them. You don't even see him kiss Louise goodbye. He doesn't know to do when he's around her. You never see him having a happy moment with her. It's like she's a nuisance he has to tolerate. But when Louise gets her hand blown off, he realizes he loves her, unfortunately it's too late because she told him to pursue his dreams. The whole foundation built upon of their relationship is very weak. Then in season 2, separated over 4 years, Saji is madly in love with Louise but she's now a pyscho who's only fixed on revenge. You never see a moment where Louise is thinking about Saji before they reunite. Hell, she never even called him during the time skip. So where's the love between them? Sure by the end it gets resolved but way their "romance" was build upon is forced.
__________________
Flame-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 00:11   Link #38
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame-X View Post
Here's the thing, I never bought their relationship because there wasn't any attraction towards each other. It's starts out Louise approaching Saji and just being attached to him for no reason. You don't see any spark of romance between them. You don't even see him kiss Louise goodbye. He doesn't know to do when he's around her. You never see him having a happy moment with her. It's like she's a nuisance he has to tolerate. But when Louise gets her hand blown off, he realizes he loves her, unfortunately it's too late because she told him to pursue his dreams. The whole foundation built upon of their relationship is very weak. Then in season 2, separated over 4 years, Saji is madly in love with Louise but she's now a pyscho who's only fixed on revenge. You never see a moment where Louise is thinking about Saji before they reunite. Hell, she never even called him during the time skip. So where's the love between them? Sure by the end it gets resolved but way their "romance" was build upon is forced.
The thing is, many relationship in anime develop from being a friend (or foe) to finally being a pair of lovers. Saji & Lousie’s relationship is different. The development starts when they’re already a couple (it’s clearly stated by the characters themselves that they’re a couple and they like each other. How they show it might not be up to your taste). Yeah, we don’t know exactly how they become a couple, but that’s because the series is focusing more on the difficulties they had as an already established couple (just like the difficulties faced by a married couple). In short, their relationship is not merely a “highschool crush” or “forced”. If you wanna see the underdeveloped & forced feelings, you can see that on Feldt x Setsuna .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 10:51   Link #39
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Just to remind you a bit :

Saji Crossroad x Louise Halevy, Setsuna (Soran Ibrahim) x Marina Ismail, Patrick Colasour x Kati Mannequin, Allelujah Haptism x Soma Peries (Mari Parfacy), Lockon Stratos (Neil Dylandy) x Feldt Grace, Lockon Stratos (Lyle Dylandy) x Anew Returner, Sumeragi (Lisa Kujoh) x Billy Katagiri, Christina x Lichty, and more

Each one of those pair has their own romance plot in the series (some end well, some don't ).
Thanks for remind me, I'm starting to guess what show I have seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
@Mr. Inferno

I really don’t wanna spoil it to you . So, if you really want to see how Setsuna & Marina end up, do as follows:
  1. Finish the series (2 seasons) first,
  2. Watch Gundam 00 Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer,
  3. Stay tuned after the end credits roll,
  4. After the end credits, you’ll see how Setsuna & Marina end up.
Ok, I didn't see the movie so probably it's for that reason I didn't recall at least that couple.
Spoiler for personal thoughts on Gundam 00:
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 11:39   Link #40
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Full Metal Panic
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Martian Successor Nadesico
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Rahxephon or Neon Genesis Evangelion. The romance is more pronounced in the first of these.
No offense, but if Neon Genesis Evangelion is considered a viable mecha series with romance in it, then I fear for our futures.

EDIT: Honestly, if you're looking at Gundam 00 for romance, I would suggest not setting your sights on Setsuna and Marina or Setsuna and Feldt for the pairing. Nothing happens between them. You get better romance from Saji and Louise, Kati and Patrick, and Lockon and Anew.
__________________

Last edited by Rising Dragon; 2012-09-09 at 11:54.
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.