AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-25, 09:31   Link #41
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Woah woah woah. An anime for this one? YEEEEESSSSSS!
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 09:22   Link #42
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I heard her voice since Lavie of Last Exile 2003 but what I meant is its really odd and just like what you said I never heard her voice a guy plus her voiced as a guy. She is flexible and versatile in her track records but it just seem out of place and since the one who voiced Eita in the drama CD is already fine so why change it?
Maybe Chiwa Saito is as puzzled as the rest of us with this boggling cast role for her.

I've already heard her several times voicing Masuzu in the web radio show, and it's reasonable to think she may have been preparing for the role before the new seiyuu cast was unveiled. Perhaps Junji Majima is also disappointed he lost his role as Eita.
Old 2012-07-26, 22:19   Link #43
kobester11

Not that happy that this is being handled by A1 pictures, I mean yeah, they have a pretty high budget in their works (well, except for the shoujo department...) but not-so-good choices for the directors.... and this kind of works are usually not their forte... They could work this out with the proper staff, I guess?
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-27, 00:30   Link #44
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

actually love comedy is the genre A1 have nailed a couple of hits with(working!!, kannagi).
Old 2012-09-09, 06:52   Link #45
Westlo
Lets be reality

Hopefully this airs in Winter, anyway happy to see A-1 Pictures behind this, people may complain but lol.. would you rather have Zexcs or something? You should be grateful that A-1 is touching this.... aside from superior production values it has a much better chance of this being pushed due to dat Aniplex ownership... better chance of a sequel...

Also, #Team Masuzu, all day everyday.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 10:43   Link #46
Kunagisa

There was a pretty bigdecent size event in Taiwan a little bit while ago, and here was the popularity ranking on the spot.

Masuzu--Chiwa--Himeka--Ai
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:50   Link #47
larethian

Surprised that Ai trails behind Masuzu. But still, Masuzu FTW.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 22:32   Link #48
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Ai-Chan so close...so close.... Masuzu's "awesome" personality is just too great a wall to overcome for Ai lol
Old 2012-09-14, 03:57   Link #49
Westlo
Lets be reality

I've only read the first 3 chapters of the manga, kinda forgot to keep up with this one and with the anime so close I kinda want to save it for that... but how far into the manga does Ai-chan debut? Might read upto that point...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 09:19   Link #50
larethian

I don't even know what chapter the manga is at right now. Though if it follows LN order, Ai-chan will debut in chapter 15-20ish probably. I hope the anime is faithful towards the LN jokes, much of which are lost in the manga based on the first few chapters I read. Yuuji Yuuji is a talented harem writer (this coming from someone who doesn't enjoy harem genre that much LOL). The comedy in OreShura is marvelously done.

Come to think of it, I suspect Ai-chan must have used her Stand powers to be trailing Masuzu so closely (sorry if it sounds lame but I recommend reading Jojo to max out your enjoyment in this series ).

Btw, seems like someone changed the wiki entry. "Fight Too Much" translation seems like an over-liberalization to me, hardly befitting of the Shuraba in the story !

Last edited by larethian; 2012-09-15 at 12:02.
Old 2012-09-15, 10:34   Link #51
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Well, the English scans of the manga adaptation are already up to chapter 16 at this point, and Ai is not yet there. But it does kinda feel like time to introduce a new character soon after a few chapters or so.

I have not read the LN, so I do not actually know if she is going to be introduced soon, though.

Assuming this is coming out in 2013, I wonder which season we can expect it to air?
Old 2012-09-15, 10:39   Link #52
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Well, the English scans of the manga adaptation are already up to chapter 16 at this point, and Ai is not yet there. But it does kinda feel like time to introduce a new character soon after a few chapters or so.

I have not read the LN, so I do not actually know if she is going to be introduced soon, though.

Assuming this is coming out in 2013, I wonder which season we can expect it to air?
I could expect it to air this winter. And I could imagine Panache doing the opening theme, since this is an Aniplex/A-1 production. For those who doesn't know, Panache is a new Japanese girls' band created this summer and work at DefStar Records and plan to release their first single this fall I think. And I could imagine them having a style similar to French Kiss.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 11:48   Link #53
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post

Which means the manga chapters are relatively short chapters (20-30 pages perhaps), since Ai-chan debuts in v3 of the LN (so probably chapter 18ish of the manga; a volume of manga has about 180 pages on average and can usually cover a LN volume, ie. 1 is to 1, when it's love comedy genre). It normally doesn't take that long after an announcement to air. Like MisaoFan, I reckon it will air in winter 2012 (jan-mar of 2013).
Old 2012-09-15, 16:19   Link #54
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

What a coincidence that Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is also getting an animation.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 06:20   Link #55
starlol

I think right now the manga is about chapter 3/4/5 of vol2
Old 2012-09-16, 13:31   Link #56
Used Can

Man, I like the original cast better. I couldn't help but think of Chiwa Saitou's voice when I read Masuzu's lines. Kitamura is not a bad choice, though.

Chiwa Saitou as Eita is just terrible, as it makes no sense. He was never portrayed as frail, too young or a trap to be voiced by a woman. His Drama CD VA was perfect.

Checking some Japanese blogs, it seems many of the Japanese fans haven't liked the changes either.

Last edited by Used Can; 2012-09-16 at 13:42.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 13:42   Link #57
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Man, I like the original cast better. I couldn't help but think of Chiwa Saitou's voice when I read Masuzu's lines. Kitamura is not a bad choice, though.

Chiwa Saitou as Eita is just terrible, as it makes no sense. He was never portrayed as frail, too young or a trap to be voiced by a woman. His Drama CD VA was perfect.
Well Chiwa has many voices, but the previous source seems to be a very elaborate fake lol.

The official website's updated/opened now, no VA but

http://www.oreshura.net/staff.html

Director: Kamei Kanta
Series Composition: Urahata Tatsuhiko
Chara Design: Ootsuka Mai
Music: Oota Masatomo

Also confirmed for January next year.
Old 2012-09-16, 16:02   Link #58
sky black swordman

^ So does this that VA have not been pick or something?
Old 2012-09-16, 17:50   Link #59
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Well Chiwa has many voices, but the previous source seems to be a very elaborate fake lol.
I'm not putting Chiwa Saito's talent in question. I'm simply saying that a female VA for Eita makes absolutely no sense.

I'm hoping for a fake list. The VA choices for the drama CD were perfect. Changing those for whatever reason makes no sense.

Masuzu was basically tailor-made for Chiwa Saito to voice. I love Kitamura with a passion, but this role has to be Saito's.
Old 2012-09-16, 18:34   Link #60
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ So does this that VA have not been pick or something?
Prob just not announced yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I'm not putting Chiwa Saito's talent in question. I'm simply saying that a female VA for Eita makes absolutely no sense.
I'm not saying you are! It's just that I would like to see VAs try new roles if possible. Lately I'm slightly sick of VAs getting pidgeon hole'ed into specific roles (Ogura Yui comes to mind ...). I prefer seeing something like Kana in Binbougami; it's nice to see familiar VAs casted into the roles that they excel at because the performance is guaranteed, but some fresh grounds are nice (that's just imho ).

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen