AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 12 21.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 28.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 24.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 15.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.51%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-09, 14:28   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Total Eclipse - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Total Eclipse, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Information from the Muv-Luv games must not be posted in this thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 14:59   Link #2
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Age: 42
Maybe I shouldn't have, given to what extent they went to not actually show the fighting against BETA (seriously, if I had obscene amounts of money I'd cut a check a check for a few millions to the animation project), but I absolutely loved this episode and was on the edge of my seat for pretty much the whole thing (I think it helped that I didn't watch Ep. 10 until earlier today, so I got to follow the whole thing back-to-back). The sheer drama of the Soviet's Evil Plan and the question of whether it would be thwarted or not kept things tense, and did the rapid cuts between different groups of people.

I have to say, the Soviets are continuing to resemble the "Evil Empire" of the Cold War--and what gets me is how far back this plan had to go, for them to set it up by not filling in the BETA assault tunnels.

(I wonder, though--how did the Soviets know that Yui would bring the Type 99 cannon along to this live-fire test; given how much second-guessing she was doing of herself over the decision she made it seem like it was much more of an "on a whim," "spur of the moment" choice. The other possible question mark--how did they know the BETA would show up on time?--was actually addressed in the previous ep. with all the talk about how certain BETA behaviors were only to be expected, so that seems to have been adequately handwaved by the script.)

Big props to Vincent for pitching in and doing his bit to not only protect the data but to also help flag down Argos Flight to go save Yui. Points off for him commenting about how Yuuya apparently acted like a Japanese person despite having no interaction with Japanese culture (see, there's that "aspects of Japanese cultural behavior are somehow inherent in their biology" thing again; you may insert your favorite snarky remark about the author appealing to a right-wing Japanese audience).

And then, just as Yui and Yamamoto are desperately trying to accomplish something...BETA shows up. (Yui's new strategy: hide behind the railgun and let BETA nom their way through it to her!)

Speaking of handwaves, here's another one I like: part of the problem that Yui's having with physically destroying the Type 99 is based upon the resistance of the various parts to heat, which is itself necessary for the weapon to stand up to its own rate of fire. Nice that someone thought of it.

Anyway, while I really wish that we could have seen Yui in her Takemikazuchi again here, it looks like it's going to have to be Yuuya to the rescue. Looks like we're going to have a big finish to the arc to wrap up the first half of the show. Hope they saved enough budget to make it exciting!

Edit: First!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 15:04   Link #3
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
I don't get it. Were the soviets planning to move the gun or bomb the whole area in the hope that the BETA wouldn't get to it? The BETA seemed to have moved in quickly.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 15:14   Link #4
Raxnom
煉獄
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Stuck forever in "That" place.
Age: 20
Enjoyed this episode a lot. A good build up to improve relationship between Yuuya and Yui in next episode, I guess? Another thing was all the secret planning from Soviet Union. Oh really guys. BETAs are on your doorstep and you plot secret plans to steal technology. Humans are stupid aren't they?

Damn, after playing through all 3 Muv Luv games my interest into this anime has sky-rocketed .

Spoiler for yui :3:
__________________
"In peace Vigilance. In war Victory. In death Sacrifice."
Raxnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 15:16   Link #5
black knight iust
spirit 1
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: gloucester city nj
Age: 21
Send a message via Skype™ to black knight iust
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Maybe I shouldn't have, given to what extent they went to not actually show the fighting against BETA (seriously, if I had obscene amounts of money I'd cut a check a check for a few millions to the animation project), but I absolutely loved this episode and was on the edge of my seat for pretty much the whole thing (I think it helped that I didn't watch Ep. 10 until earlier today, so I got to follow the whole thing back-to-back). The sheer drama of the Soviet's Evil Plan and the question of whether it would be thwarted or not kept things tense, and did the rapid cuts between different groups of people.

I have to say, the Soviets are continuing to resemble the "Evil Empire" of the Cold War--and what gets me is how far back this plan had to go, for them to set it up by not filling in the BETA assault tunnels.

(I wonder, though--how did the Soviets know that Yui would bring the Type 99 cannon along to this live-fire test; given how much second-guessing she was doing of herself over the decision she made it seem like it was much more of an "on a whim," "spur of the moment" choice. The other possible question mark--how did they know the BETA would show up on time?--was actually addressed in the previous ep. with all the talk about how certain BETA behaviors were only to be expected, so that seems to have been adequately handwaved by the script.)

Big props to Vincent for pitching in and doing his bit to not only protect the data but to also help flag down Argos Flight to go save Yui. Points off for him commenting about how Yuuya apparently acted like a Japanese person despite having no interaction with Japanese culture (see, there's that "aspects of Japanese cultural behavior are somehow inherent in their biology" thing again; you may insert your favorite snarky remark about the author appealing to a right-wing Japanese audience).

And then, just as Yui and Yamamoto are desperately trying to accomplish something...BETA shows up. (Yui's new strategy: hide behind the railgun and let BETA nom their way through it to her!)

Speaking of handwaves, here's another one I like: part of the problem that Yui's having with physically destroying the Type 99 is based upon the resistance of the various parts to heat, which is itself necessary for the weapon to stand up to its own rate of fire. Nice that someone thought of it.

Anyway, while I really wish that we could have seen Yui in her Takemikazuchi again here, it looks like it's going to have to be Yuuya to the rescue. Looks like we're going to have a big finish to the arc to wrap up the first half of the show. Hope they saved enough budget to make it exciting!

Edit: First!
i wish we coulda seen her goldy fight again
if i remember corectly doesnt seening your friends eatin by beta usrilly lead to ptsd , she does have a nightmare when they were stuck on that island
__________________
black knight iust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 17:22   Link #6
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Well, I'm sure it'll effect her after everything has calmed down. She didn't lose her head when she was fighting as a kid, it was only after she couldn't do anything anymore as her friends got nom'd that she started to freak out.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 17:25   Link #7
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by revennge View Post
Another thing was all the secret planning from Soviet Union. Oh really guys. BETAs are on your doorstep and you plot secret plans to steal technology. Humans are stupid aren't they?
It's called Idiotcracy.... its being started by Soviets here!!! Being ruled by a bunch of Idiots
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 17:41   Link #8
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I was looking forward for nomnomnom from beta this week but it's will be next week ><
But this episode great building relationship between yui and yuuya .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 17:45   Link #9
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Political agendas always are priorities for those who stand behind a desk away from the dangers. Hence, when politicians make politics the primary focus of their lives, the rest of us are screwed. Politicians used to be a secondary job, from farmers, bakers, to businessmen. Now, people start before they even finish High School.

Anyway, Yui will probably be saved by Yuuya just in the nick of time. Yuuya is going to say, "to hell with orders. I'm going to save my princess." I bet they'll also save the gun, too.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 18:19   Link #10
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Anyway, Yui will probably be saved by Yuuya just in the nick of time. Yuuya is going to say, "to hell with orders. I'm going to save my princess." I bet they'll also save the gun, too.
I hope to see a eye tearing Yui and Yuuya shouting..."Idiot! Are you trying kill yourself here... Show me the Lietenant I fought before..and love...!!!"
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:26   Link #11
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Like we all don't know Yuuya about to bust in that bitch, save Yui and officially get the keys to her bedroom.
__________________
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:34   Link #12
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
Political agendas always are priorities for those who stand behind a desk away from the dangers. Hence, when politicians make politics the primary focus of their lives, the rest of us are screwed. Politicians used to be a secondary job, from farmers, bakers, to businessmen. Now, people start before they even finish High School.
.
But how did the Soviets know a few months ago about the testing of the weapon in their area?

And how were they planning on getting the weapon out since the BETA crashed in on the base pretty quickly?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:38   Link #13
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
And how were they planning on getting the weapon out since the BETA crashed in on the base pretty quickly?
Probably afterwards, if Yui failed to destroy the weapon... They might think BETA wouldn't eat unmanned scraps.. so the weapon will be left as it is... and they'll take it...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 21:07   Link #14
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Type-00
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I hope to see a eye tearing Yui and Yuuya shouting..."Idiot! Are you trying kill yourself here... Show me the Lietenant I fought before..and love...!!!"
Hah. It'd be amusing to see such reunited scene for that pair, and it may even further develop their relationship in the process.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-09-09 at 21:22.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:18   Link #15
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lurking
Age: 25
Laser weapon sure looks overpowered because they keep mentioning that there is no laser BETA in the invasion as much as possible throughout the episode.
Nice twist how the whole invasion was a set up just to get the Type 99.

Great episode but another cliffhanger again...
__________________

Current Sig
Mimi
(Atelier Meruru)


Last Sig
Sinanju(Poco)


Avatar
Anmi
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:20   Link #16
dragon132004
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: UK
Guys there is something that has been bothering me for a while, how many episodes Total Eclipse - is gonna be? (One cour or two cours)
And where is Koubuin Yuuhi sisters... they just showed one scene of her in the first episode when she was reviewing the plan for the Takemikazuchi Unit with Yui's father. Any fan of the novel or the game, knows that she is one of the main heroines, the same as Yui. I checked the official website and it seem they changed the image for 94 Shiranui Ichigata Hei with XFJ-01a Shiranui Nigata images for the main Unit and posted it as the main theme for the BG. But XFJ-01a Shiranui Nigata comes later on in the story. They even show some specific parts of its model.
So guys what do you think?
__________________
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:37   Link #17
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Laser weapon sure looks overpowered because they keep mentioning that there is no laser BETA in the invasion as much as possible throughout the episode.
Nice twist how the whole invasion was a set up just to get the Type 99.

Great episode but another cliffhanger again...
Lucky for those brats ( the ones that bullied Cryska and Nia), that there were no Laser Class.. if there were.... they could never have existed during the the exercises in Russia... They're long dead.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 00:43   Link #18
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
But how did the Soviets know a few months ago about the testing of the weapon in their area?

And how were they planning on getting the weapon out since the BETA crashed in on the base pretty quickly?
I think in the episode, it was mentioned that the underground attack occurred only a month ago. It takes time to request for the Soviets to allow testing in the frontlines, so I'm sure the Soviets had enough time to strategize a general plan of attack.

They already figured out the schedule and pattern of the Beta attacks, so they at least had a general idea. The finer details were probably worked out in the past week or so, deliberately getting the maintenance on the weapon done right at the scheduled Beta attacks they knew about.

It seems like the Soviets had the plan and schedules of everything drawn out, and things were working well, until Yui tried to defy their plans.
__________________
thundrakkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 02:05   Link #19
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
I think I should mention at this point that it would take months to get permission to test the weapon at such a non-secure area, and she had to get the pull of her uncle to get it through. Anime show times not equal real time in story. So the BETA underground attack a month before would be a god sent to the Russkis, since it would allow them to have a planned invasion around the weapon testing. They just needed bait to get the BETA to come back into the tunnels...
JUST AS PLANNED....
__________________


When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 02:27   Link #20
Belgaesh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: At the Intersection of Life
Looks like the soviets were planning this for quite some time, maybe the cause of Type-99 not responding to commands in the previous episode was their doing as well.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.