AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 12 21.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 28.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 24.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 15.79%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.51%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-10, 02:41   Link #21
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
Looks like the soviets were planning this for quite some time, maybe the cause of Type-99 not responding to commands in the previous episode was their doing as well.
It was. It was stated by the mechanic that the SDS was disabled and the program disrupted by Russkis.
__________________


When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 02:52   Link #22
Belgaesh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: At the Intersection of Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
It was. It was stated by the mechanic that the SDS was disabled and the program disrupted by Russkis.
That was really stated, it was just not stated when it was done. Going by this episode the soviets sabotaged the Type-99 somewhere between episodes 09 and 10. Before I watched this episode I thought it as a malfunction for it's first test, but because of this episode changed my previous ideas.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 04:49   Link #23
yankky5
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Between a dragon(China) and a kangaroo(Australia)
Seriously my tension was up for a large scale BETA battle and yuuya going all one man; one machine thing in this ep instead we see yui going double O' 7( 007) kinda disappointed gave it a 6 out of 10 because of it...

Basically this this shows says if your russian whos married a Gregorian he's your bro or sis but if they're KBG or with the Cremlin.... kick his ass first ask questions never
__________________
http://www.wallpaperhere.com/thumbnails/detail/20111109/4eba21545dc9a.jpg

Last edited by yankky5; 2012-09-10 at 06:46.
yankky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 07:53   Link #24
rafael1932
claymores pimp
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
It was ok

I don’t like the end because that Yuuya is going to save yui. She is a better pilot than he is with a lot of real experience. Why yui don’t have her own mecha around so she can carry her weapon ?

The aliens ( an advanced intelligent form that surprise humans) are still acting retarded since they don’t send the alien class along with the others – I don’t real have to explain what sucks here do I ?

Ps : It was fun to see the excuses that the trolls gave just to give bad reputation.
__________________

Last edited by rafael1932; 2012-09-10 at 08:05.
rafael1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 07:59   Link #25
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 宿命と時間の巻きに
that's because the aliens are not "intelligent forms"

Nowhere was it demonstrated that they are anyway
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 08:15   Link #26
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
BETA alone are Easy Mode. It's their depressingly huge number, their tenacy and the fact that humans don't have a game changing tech that crank up the difficulty a bit. It's like playing a Civilization game with Raging Barbarians on, and they have already pikemen while you are stuck with warriors. And THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 08:59   Link #27
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maine
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Laser weapon sure looks overpowered because they keep mentioning that there is no laser BETA in the invasion as much as possible throughout the episode.
Nice twist how the whole invasion was a set up just to get the Type 99.

Great episode but another cliffhanger again...
Laser class are overpowered. They're the game-changer for BETA; their mere existence means that the entire concept of air superiority is negated. (Indeed, laser class are why this setting has mecha in the first place.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon132004 View Post
Guys there is something that has been bothering me for a while, how many episodes Total Eclipse - is gonna be? (One cour or two cours)
Two. Heck you can get your pre-order in now if you want to buy the Japanese BD/DVD releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
I think in the episode, it was mentioned that the underground attack occurred only a month ago. It takes time to request for the Soviets to allow testing in the frontlines, so I'm sure the Soviets had enough time to strategize a general plan of attack.

They already figured out the schedule and pattern of the Beta attacks, so they at least had a general idea. The finer details were probably worked out in the past week or so, deliberately getting the maintenance on the weapon done right at the scheduled Beta attacks they knew about.

It seems like the Soviets had the plan and schedules of everything drawn out, and things were working well, until Yui tried to defy their plans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
I think I should mention at this point that it would take months to get permission to test the weapon at such a non-secure area, and she had to get the pull of her uncle to get it through. Anime show times not equal real time in story. So the BETA underground attack a month before would be a god sent to the Russkis, since it would allow them to have a planned invasion around the weapon testing. They just needed bait to get the BETA to come back into the tunnels...
JUST AS PLANNED....
I think that we could have used, back in Ep. 7, a bit more about that, then--letting us know that this was something that had to be set up in advance, permission gained months back, etc., since it's the last part to fall into place about the Soviet plan (they did let us know about the predictability of BETA attacks before the one using the tunnels, so it's to be expected that they could have known that would happen during the time-frame of the exercise). Unless they did introduce such scenes, and I just missed them, in which case, my bad.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 09:15   Link #28
.Mero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by erakk View Post
Actually i think he's a better pilot:
- he is an american ace (well shes can be a japanese ace)
- the fact that he wont against her 1 on 1, remember? (and his ability to learn very fast. Do you remember Yui saying she was angry because he already got the hang of the prototype in only a few days?)
[..]
- He's not ace, you can never become an ace without having actual combat experience. He's just a very good testpilot.
- Yui didn't go all out. she was surprised by how fast he learned though.

Don't know if Yui is an ace, but she has actual combat experience to back up her skills and attitude.
.Mero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 09:28   Link #29
Hypernova
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
That was really stated, it was just not stated when it was done. Going by this episode the soviets sabotaged the Type-99 somewhere between episodes 09 and 10. Before I watched this episode I thought it as a malfunction for it's first test, but because of this episode changed my previous ideas.
I don't think the Russians sabotaged the cannon as a whole, it really did broke down after use which isn't surprising considering its prototype status. IMO what the guy meant is that the SDS was tampered with in the time between everyone on site being escorted off and Yui's arrival.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 09:38   Link #30
erakk
Damned Basterd
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I don't think the Russians sabotaged the cannon as a whole, it really did broke down after use which isn't surprising considering its prototype status. IMO what the guy meant is that the SDS was tampered with in the time between everyone on site being escorted off and Yui's arrival.
That could mean they only changed the self-destruct code to avoid losing the prototypes.
(One of the reasons i love this show is the hard-science. Like the fact that Yui was having dificulty manually destroying the weapon, taking into consideration it's funcitons/internal protections that also are a necessity for it to work/not blow up on Yuuya'as hands =D)
erakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 11:53   Link #31
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I enjoyed the change of director, the episode flows better and feels less "cut" than the previous ones.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 12:00   Link #32
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
The QUALITY felt also mitigated. That may count as a slight improvement.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 12:09   Link #33
Dirty_Harry
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
It was ok

I donít like the end because that Yuuya is going to save yui. She is a better pilot than he is with a lot of real experience. Why yui donít have her own mecha around so she can carry her weapon ?

The aliens ( an advanced intelligent form that surprise humans) are still acting retarded since they donít send the alien class along with the others Ė I donít real have to explain what sucks here do I ?

Ps : It was fun to see the excuses that the trolls gave just to give bad reputation.
Yui's mecha was not ready for use when BETA attack began, and when she arrived at the base the technicians had already been evacuated.

Ps : It's clear who's the troll here.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 12:20   Link #34
LystAP
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
BETA alone are Easy Mode. It's their depressingly huge number, their tenacy and the fact that humans don't have a game changing tech that crank up the difficulty a bit. It's like playing a Civilization game with Raging Barbarians on, and they have already pikemen while you are stuck with warriors. And THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.
And don't forget that at the same time, all the other players are still trying their best to screw you and each other.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 13:07   Link #35
greensoulreaper
こんにちは
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
that's because the aliens are not "intelligent forms"

You know....the funny thing is that they even have a means to travel all the way to Earth, wherever they came from. Don't you have to be somewhat advanced enough to develop a way to travel across space? I mean look at humans...we're supposedly "intelligent" but we can't even fly to Mars if we wanted to.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 13:18   Link #36
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
It seems like the Scarlett Twins were more stable this time. Want to see that evil smirk.
__________________
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 13:55   Link #37
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Well they developed differently and just seem very hungry all the time. Besides, it isn't strange that the human tech is a complete mystery to them and since they're giant monsters it isn't strange that they don't care to understand human tech. After all many of them have nomnom'd human tech without too much issue until the TSF stuff and even than that tech wasn't a real threat. Now the humans got a powerful railgun so it isn't strange that they chose now of all times to go through the unsealed tunnels to get around it.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 15:34   Link #38
dragon132004
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Laser class are overpowered. They're the game-changer for BETA; their mere existence means that the entire concept of air superiority is negated. (Indeed, laser class are why this setting has mecha in the first place.)



Two. Heck you can get your pre-order in now if you want to buy the Japanese BD/DVD releases.

Awesome... I will order the Blu Ray now then so I won't miss the bonus items that comes with it.
__________________
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 17:28   Link #39
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
if by bonus items you mean nipples, that alsoreminds me that we have not gotten any changing/dressing up scenes lately >.<
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 18:11   Link #40
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
And...this is when you say fuck it to the chain of command. I wouldn't go die because the Soviets want everyone to die or w/e.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.