AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 10
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 114 53.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 48 22.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 25 11.74%
7 out of 10 : Good... 10 4.69%
6 out of 10 : Average... 7 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 3 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.47%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 4 1.88%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-10, 09:43   Link #401
jcdietz03
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Maybe they are rushing. But as long as they rush, it's guaranteed something interesting is going to happen during the episode. Probably more than one interesting thing.

In this ep you have:
1) The duel. So the player whose HP reaches "yellow" level (49% of MHP or less) first loses? Pretty cool anyway. Around 5 min. spent on this.
2) Then you have the training session with Kuradeel and Godfrey. 10 minutes spent on this, the meat of the episode.
3) The fanservice scenes at the end.

All really good stuff! Can't wait for next week.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 09:55   Link #402
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I'm pretty sure the rule for the duel was First Strike.

I imagine the first player to score an actual hit, not a glancing blow would win.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 10:33   Link #403
Karakuri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portugal
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Karakuri
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
I'm pretty sure the rule for the duel was First Strike.

I imagine the first player to score an actual hit, not a glancing blow would win.
Yes, it was First Strike.
And if it weren't, the duel wouldn't have ended to fast. One single blow wouldn't take Kirito's HP to half. Unless he had some god-like powers, because even a Boss couldn't do that to him - Because of his high HP, etc.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 10:46   Link #404
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Guys guys, why are people making such a big deal out of it anyways. Does it even matter whether sex happened or not? I mean seriously what changes based on the knowledge that they did or didn't do it? Do they love eachother more? Do they love eachother less? Does the marriage proposal change its meaning? I mean seriously what's the big difference?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 10:57   Link #405
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Guys guys, why are people making such a big deal out of it anyways. Does it even matter whether sex happened or not? I mean seriously what changes based on the knowledge that they did or didn't do it? Do they love eachother more? Do they love eachother less? Does the marriage proposal change its meaning? I mean seriously what's the big difference?
[sarcasm] Yes, it matters. Everything changes based on the one fact of whether they had intercourse in that single moment. All the meanings of everything they do change.[/sarcasm]

Now, in all seriousness, there have been much bigger arguments over much more minor curiosities but I understand your point. Ultimately, I think it was intentionally left vague (although hinted at) to make it tasteful, accessible to all ages and showcase precisely your point -- IT'S NOT IMPORTANT AND THEY LOVE EACH OTHER.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 11:41   Link #406
Witch of Uncertainty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Up until now, I've been thinking that this is a really average show, and didn't understand at all why people liked it so much.
This episode, I loved. Fantastic!Can't wait for next episode.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 11:58   Link #407
Julio C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara
Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I never thought that there would be so much greatness in a single episode. I can't believe Kirito and Asuna finally did it.
__________________
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 12:56   Link #408
Dessiato
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuri View Post
Yes, it was First Strike.
And if it weren't, the duel wouldn't have ended to fast. One single blow wouldn't take Kirito's HP to half. Unless he had some god-like powers, because even a Boss couldn't do that to him - Because of his high HP, etc.
No it wasn't first strike, a few cheek shots were landed.

LN comparison and what actually happened with the rules:

Spoiler:
Dessiato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 13:42   Link #409
Karakuri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portugal
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Karakuri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessiato View Post
No it wasn't first strike, a few cheek shots were landed.

LN comparison and what actually happened with the rules:

Spoiler:
I'm sorry, but I think you're wrong.
Atleast in the subbed version, I see it like this:
1 - Normal Mode
2 - Time-Limite Mode
3 - One Strike Mode

They had chosen the last choice, which means, One Strike Mode.
They landed a few cheek shots, but that doesn't matter, because it must be a clear hit.
If you want, I can take a print-screen.
Edit : And after the fight, Kirito had about 90-80% of HP. - And as I said, it would've been impossible to let Kirito under 50% HP with only 1 or 2 hits.

Last edited by Karakuri; 2012-09-10 at 13:56.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 13:58   Link #410
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Rather than the cheek scratches, I have to wonder how a shield to the gut doesn't count as a clean hit.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 14:23   Link #411
Karakuri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portugal
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Karakuri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Rather than the cheek scratches, I have to wonder how a shield to the gut doesn't count as a clean hit.
Maybe Kayaba made it so shields wouldn't do damage? Not to mention, a shield would never do as much damage as a sword, probably even if the shield did damage Kirito, the damage needs to be " real " and not only...1 or 3% HP, maybe?
Dunno...But I think it's fair this way.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 14:57   Link #412
Starlightz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Rather than the cheek scratches, I have to wonder how a shield to the gut doesn't count as a clean hit.
Spoiler for Comparison to the Light Novels:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuri
Edit : And after the fight, Kirito had about 90-80% of HP. - And as I said, it would've been impossible to let Kirito under 50% HP with only 1 or 2 hits.
Spoiler for Comparison to the Light Novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-10 at 16:27. Reason: Comparison to the light novel requires spoiler tags
Starlightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 15:04   Link #413
Karakuri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portugal
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Karakuri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlightz View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the Light Novels:



Spoiler for Comparison to the Light Novels:
Spoiler for Reply to comparison:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-10 at 16:27.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 15:11   Link #414
Starlightz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuri View Post
Spoiler for Reply to comparison:
Spoiler for Reply to comparison:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-10 at 16:24.
Starlightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 15:14   Link #415
Karakuri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portugal
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Karakuri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlightz View Post
Spoiler for Reply to comparison:
Spoiler for Reply to comparison:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-10 at 16:25. Reason: added spoiler tags
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 16:06   Link #416
Archon_Wing
Throw it on the ground
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Mists
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yes, this is what I was thinking too. I swear, half of this thread was the equivalent of people giggling "hehehe they had sex!" We're apparently all 12 again...

It would be great if the tone of the discussion could be raised a bit (apparently it took a nosedive overnight), but why am I not getting my hopes up...
Well, 1/2 of it was mostly immature giggling, however I feel another half may be that actual sex seems to get avoided so much in anime. People just get teased so much by many a show only to get disappointed until the very end, if not at all. Unless you're talking about hentai, but that's hardly "sex" either. In any case, I feel that anime tends to do the suggestive parts better, but then I often have certain agendas while watching.

Also, having a romance cemented in by the midway point has its own appeal, and the story's not afraid to show that they are affectionate for one another, so that tends to stand out in the grand scheme of things. This kind of physical affection, one of love, and not of the pervi/comedy kind is quite rare. It's difficult to portray really; like Clannad's romance and love ran deep, but one of the complaints was the lack of physical affection shown.

Then again, I live in the US, which has a rather unhealthy view of sex (graphic violence is totally okay while sex is not while it's clear violence is way more harmful in any given situation and a failure to realize not all sex is pornographic), so these immature reactions may be unavoidable. I've consistently noted people and posters from elsewhere such as Europe over the years to not make such a big deal over these things.
__________________
You just try again... through the darkness.You just go away... the future is waiting for us!
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 16:30   Link #417
outlaw97
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Kawahara's Tweets during Ep 10

The author for SAO tweeted during the episode's broadcast, anyone want to take a stab at translating them for maybe some...insight?

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-11742.html
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 16:39   Link #418
tomstrife
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
The author for SAO tweeted during the episode's broadcast, anyone want to take a stab at translating them for maybe some...insight?

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-11742.html
http://translate.google.com/translat...2.html&act=url

The translations aren't perfect, but you can get the gist of things.

The Japanese fans are also obsessed with the erotic portion of the episode, like us.

One comment:
NSFW
mod edit: added, despite the poor translation...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-10 at 17:04.
tomstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 16:59   Link #419
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstrife View Post
The Japanese fans are also obsessed with the erotic portion of the episode, like us.

One comment:
NSFW
mod edit: added, despite the poor translation...
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I don't know how you can come to any conclusion whatsoever with such a horrible translation... But regardless, it doesn't seem safe for this forum... (To be clear to everyone else, that was not a comment by the original author, but just some random blog comment.)


Anyway, the one point that was interesting is that the author addressed the issue of the shield bash that was discussed earlier in this thread.

Spoiler for Author's reply to question about why the shield bash doesn't count as a strike:
__________________
[...]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-10 at 17:28. Reason: correction
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 17:21   Link #420
M1sFyr3
I eat babies
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Author's reply to question about why the shield bash doesn't count as a strike:
Spoiler for Question to a spoiler:
I think the shield bash damage was not specifically shown because the damage done didn't merit a showing of his health bar. Considering that both players are top notch, Kirito may have not taken much damage. However, I do believe it might be an issue on the part of the anime makers.
__________________
M1sFyr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.