AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-06, 00:36   Link #1581
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Will Komuro go for a harem to replenish the world population?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 00:53   Link #1582
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
its entirely plausible that the author is upset that the artwork gets more attention than the story. like honestly, Saeko is in my top 3 character designs ever.
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 01:10   Link #1583
bumbayker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
its entirely plausible that the author is upset that the artwork gets more attention than the story.
That's my theory about the current hiatus of the manga. What does a half-wit writer like Daisuke Satou expect? If it weren't for Inazuma/Soji Satou's art the manga wouldn't have probably gotten any attention. It's not like Daisuke Satou's writing was compelling or deep. If that theory is true then he's being a total jerk and a dumbass. Let's hope my theory's wrong and he intends to write for the series again soon.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 15:35   Link #1584
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 26
so i'm an avid magic: the gathering player, and obviously i play in sleeves to protect my cards. but i noticed my sleeves were getting grimed up by the tables at the stores i play at, so i went ahead and ordered something to remedy that.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 15:39   Link #1585
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
That's my theory about the current hiatus of the manga. What does a half-wit writer like Daisuke Satou expect? If it weren't for Inazuma/Soji Satou's art the manga wouldn't have probably gotten any attention. It's not like Daisuke Satou's writing was compelling or deep. If that theory is true then he's being a total jerk and a dumbass. Let's hope my theory's wrong and he intends to write for the series again soon.
not the first time a writer wanted more credit then they deserve.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 15:58   Link #1586
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I don't think we should accuse him of being petty without evidence. I mean, if giving up projects before they're finished is habitual for him, and laziness was a good enough explanation for his other projects, why treat HotD any different?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 19:45   Link #1587
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't think we should accuse him of being petty without evidence. I mean, if giving up projects before they're finished is habitual for him, and laziness was a good enough explanation for his other projects, why treat HotD any different?
HotD was the only series that had any recognition from the mass (or just to me), out of all his work.

I tried reading his new series (w/ assassination & the hospital twist), but couldn't get into the story.
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 21:08   Link #1588
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
HotD was the only series that had any recognition from the mass (or just to me), out of all his work.

I tried reading his new series (w/ assassination & the hospital twist), but couldn't get into the story.
That's Shouji Satou, the artist, not Daisuke. And Shouji was a doujin artist before he went to work on HotD, which is why you'd never heard of him before.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 07:43   Link #1589
Helius
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: stuck between galaxies
Perhaps this would shed some light on the reason behind the delay:

Quote:
Over the weekend, Shouji Sato attended the AnimagiC 2012 anime convention in Bonn, Germany. The convention was July 27-29, and Shouji was there autographing on Saturday and Sunday. He also held 30-minute Q&A panels on both days. In an earlier post, I said it would be interesting to see if Shouji gives any news about the HOTD hiatus since the question would obviously come up. Well, after vigorous searching, I finally found the following information from the panel. It's a bit ambiguous, but it at least tells us more than anything in over a year.

As we expected, Shouji was asked about when the manga would return from hiatus. He answered that he is busy right now working on Triage X and doing research for future Highschool of the Dead chapters. This research involves studying weapons, vehicles, and other things so he can draw with the high level of technical detail for which he is known. He asks that fans be patient and give him time to bring us the same high quality we have come to expect.

This answer seems to put the long delay on him rather than Daisuke Sato. To me, it sounds like maybe Fujimi Shobo wanted Triage X to be monthly to boost its popularity, they chose to put HOTD on hiatus because it would be too much work for Shouji, and now he is doing the preliminary work for chapters Daisuke already has planned out so it will be less work when HOTD returns and Triage X doesn't then have to go on hiatus itself. That's just speculation, though it does sound more plausible than other theories I've had in the past. In any case, things are looking very hopeful now that we know work is being done on the series.

He was asked various other questions during the half-hour panel. When asked if any main characters will die (like in other zombie media), he replied that he doesn't know, which makes sense since he isn't the writer. He did say he hopes the main group will survive, though. He was asked how long Shido would be around in the future, to which he again responded that he doesn't know but hopes he will die soon. Someone asked him if he liked Takashi, and he does but says his favorite character is Kohta Hirano. This is obvious to me considering their shared fascination with guns.
http://hotdead.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0...td-hiatus.html
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 17:20   Link #1590
Simonsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
seems a strange answer. I mean if he needs to draw a new gun, is it that hard to google it and see pictures of it from tons of angles and then draw it?

Seems like the author would have to do research more than an artist. The author has to decide on what guns to use, the artist just draws them. Or does he have more input into HOTD than it seems and he is the one deciding on what vehicles, weapons and ect to use, the author just gives a base storyline plot
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 16:41   Link #1591
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
seems a strange answer. I mean if he needs to draw a new gun, is it that hard to google it and see pictures of it from tons of angles and then draw it?
I guess that'd depend on how much of a perfectionist he is.

Quote:
Seems like the author would have to do research more than an artist. The author has to decide on what guns to use, the artist just draws them. Or does he have more input into HOTD than it seems and he is the one deciding on what vehicles, weapons and ect to use, the author just gives a base storyline plot
Without going so far as "just giving a base storyline plot", I guess it'd make sense for the artist to have input or outright decide details such as what models of guns or cars they're going to use. That's the sort of thing that definitely matters more to the art than the plot (where a gun's mostly just a gun and it doesn't matter what brand it is). Especially if the artist's the one who's interested in such things.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 17:27   Link #1592
Helius
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: stuck between galaxies
Well personally I'm more in agreement with what they say about giving Triage X priority, since it doesn't appear to be as popular as HotD.

Not to mention doing 2 projects at the same time is definitely a lot to handle for Souji Sato. So having first to establish a solid fanbase with Triage X while doing prelim for the new HotD chapters so that he can get right back into it as the manga exits hiatus does seem a sensible thing to do.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 18:54   Link #1593
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Well personally I'm more in agreement with what they say about giving Triage X priority, since it doesn't appear to be as popular as HotD.

Not to mention doing 2 projects at the same time is definitely a lot to handle for Souji Sato. So having first to establish a solid fanbase with Triage X while doing prelim for the new HotD chapters so that he can get right back into it as the manga exits hiatus does seem a sensible thing to do.
if Triage X is not as popular as HotD, why give it a higher priority?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 19:42   Link #1594
Helius
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: stuck between galaxies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
if Triage X is not as popular as HotD, why give it a higher priority?
So as to boost its popularity so that it doesn't get cancelled. (even if it means HotD getting shafted...)
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 19:43   Link #1595
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
So as to boost its popularity so that it doesn't get cancelled. (even if it means HotD getting shafted...)
but why would the publisher agree to it?
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 19:52   Link #1596
Helius
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: stuck between galaxies
That's part of the trade. Monthly Dragon Age doesn't sell on HotD alone. The popularity of it only really helps in terms of tankobon and DVD sales, despite a possible boost of circulation if HotD does run.

Whereas if Triage X remains popular it's good for the magazine's business and they don't have to change titles that often.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 20:05   Link #1597
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
High school of the dead wasn't really hugely popular in Japan until the anime pushed the sales of the last few volume.

Sales wise pre-anime High school of the dead had slightly better sales than Triage X but the difference wasn't large.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 00:13   Link #1598
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 34
So is the manga continuing or the writer is still taking a break?
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 02:07   Link #1599
Azure-Priest
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
So is the manga continuing or the writer is still taking a break?
According to the press release, writer is working on the story; (researching the vehicles, weapons, etc.) artist is taking a break meanwhile to work on Triage X.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 06:52   Link #1600
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
According to the press release, writer is working on the story; (researching the vehicles, weapons, etc.) artist is taking a break meanwhile to work on Triage X.
Artist is also researching on guns as well to make it more realistic.
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, ecchi, gun pr0n, harem, horror, inazuma, shounen, torpedo tits, zombies

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.