AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-10, 20:17   Link #2881
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

I blame the author for shoving Sun Wukong on the story in that case.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 26. Completed: 219. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 20:44   Link #2882
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Anyone beside me think that the light novel is getting kind of "out of there"
Spoiler for LN:
IMO, it was out of there the moment there was a super soldier that used to be Obama's personal bodyguard... That's a high level of douchery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
This alone can make Sun Wukong more powerful that most Butei, and he still chose to add laser eye beams. WTF.
There's already Light Sabers in the story.

Laser Eye Beam is about that same level of 'BAD'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Though Marcus your example for Kamachi and Kawakami's use of legends might be screwed up but their settings is one I loved the most because they don't do the stupid shounen power up.
Not really; both Kamachi and Kawakami have properly set up their story so that from the very beginning you know exactly what is possible.

Kawakami's was more immediate the moment he listed down the different races (Half-Dragon? Ghosts?) while Kamachi is more gradual- he plants the possibilities in your head first with an early story.

Now it's just like HnA is doing whatever the heck he wants.

Quote:
Well that is just myth so he can get out of that by saying the myth is just exaggerated by people who passed down the story, cause if that really is the setting of son wukong in the story....I can't really think of any way a butei can go against him....
Just make him/her a human with Wukong's name and problem solve...

...Except, he/she has laser eye beam.

In which, why bother calling him/her Wukong?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 20:47   Link #2883
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Lol anyone else find it ironic how Kinji and G3 is like "strongest" due to their ability to catch bullets and even reflect them back with only their fingers, only to be completely destroyed by laser beam eyes...
Old 2012-09-10, 20:52   Link #2884
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
Lol anyone else find it ironic how Kinji and G3 is like "strongest" due to their ability to catch bullets and even reflect them back with only their fingers, only to be completely destroyed by laser beam eyes...
More like bad taste... >.>

Why? Because now we know that the Author's next step is going to make Kinji have some bullshit special Hysteria mode that lets him move faster than light =_=
Old 2012-09-10, 20:57   Link #2885
tsunade666

Quote:
nothing beats lights speed and no inhumane speed reaction CANNOT make you dodge it. And you can't catch it either

how the hell does Sun Wukong even comes into equation of story? the summary isn't up to the part where it explains on who he is and no one answers my question yet if he is boy or girl! and if she really is the one who is konata look alike in the cover of vol 13.

How the HELL they even explain laser beam on his eyes? cyclops? mutant!!!!

and in the battle with G3 and Sun Wukong is G3 in HSS mode? or even in drug to the level when he fought Kinji? or just a normal HSS mode.

because if you ask me. Well in Hysteria Normale is indeed strong and a G3 without it is probably stronger than Aria or the girls but not sure haven't read it yet but the edge of HSS is it evolves and grow stronger to cope the opponent (which is a good plot armor if you ask me)

So I still doubt on how strong this Son Wukong is just because he KO G3. Heck Kinji's grandpa can KO G3 if he wants. His fist can shatter concrete WALL! dammit! and sent you flying like you've been hit by a car.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2012-09-10 at 21:19. Reason: Major mistake
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 21:03   Link #2886
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
nothing beats lights speed and no inhumane speed reaction can make you dodge it. And you can't catch it either
Well you can't train your fingers to catch a sword either but we've already crossed that bridge.

Quote:
Have they even explained Light sabers?
Old 2012-09-10, 21:11   Link #2887
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Have they even explained Light sabers?
Nope, Not sure but the only thing I get is throw america and a mad scientist combine plus secret organization and you can ignore the details on how the hell it happen.

At least I find it tame (well maybe because I like light sabers) but the idea of laser beam on your eyes is something I don't welcome. (I like wolverine than cyclops )

Old 2012-09-10, 21:13   Link #2888
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
nothing beats lights speed and no inhumane speed reaction can make you dodge it. And you can't catch it either

how the hell does Sun Wukong even comes into equation of story? the summary isn't up to the part where it explains on who he is and no one answers my question yet if he is boy or girl! and if she really is the one who is konata look alike in the cover of vol 13.

and in the battle with G3 and Sun Wukong is G3 in HSS mode? or even in drug to the level when he fought Kinji? or just a normal HSS mode.

because if you ask me. Well in Hysteria Normale is indeed strong and a G3 without it is probably stronger than Aria or the girls but not sure haven't read it yet but the edge of HSS is it evolves and grow stronger to cope the opponent (which is a good plot armor if you ask me)

So I still doubt on how strong this Son Wukong is just because he KO G3. Heck Kinji's grandpa can KO G3 if he wants. His fist can shatter concrete WALL! dammit! and sent you flying like you've been hit by a car.
You can't catch lasers period, doesn't matter how strong any human is, they can't beat flying lasers lolololol even in any type of Hysteria mode lol, if it grow strong enough to the point where he can dodge lasers, then Kinji can't be classified as a a human anymore LOL

Edit - Well they can explain light saber as some form of hi tech technology that is invented as a military secret or something, but laser out of wukong's eye? Don't know how they will explain that one~
Old 2012-09-10, 21:18   Link #2889
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Quote:
You can't catch lasers period, doesn't matter how strong any human is, they can't beat flying lasers lolololol even in any type of Hysteria mode lol, if it grow strong enough to the point where he can dodge lasers, then Kinji can't be classified as a a human anymore LOL
Mark my words, it's going to happen

Quote:
Edit - Well they can explain light saber as some form of hi tech technology that is invented as a military secret or something, but laser out of wukong's eye? Don't know how they will explain that one~
Maybe it's a giant plasma torch?

If Wukong is really a deity, then he'll just pull the 'magic' card.

Though knowing the author, there will be some twist later.
Old 2012-09-10, 21:20   Link #2890
tsunade666

My mistake. I mean that no matter how inhumane Kinji's reaction time is. He can't dodge Lasers. Period. Unless that's gundam or mech's pew pew lasers that can be dodge

Old 2012-09-10, 21:22   Link #2891
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

@tsunade666 ya now that you talk about it, I wonder how those huge hunks of metals manage to dodge those lasers.....lol.....

@Chaos2Frozen Lol maybe he will figure something out like, "look at wukong's eyes closely and with inhumane reaction speed, move before he fires laser, and it will all work out cause his eyes light up when he want to fire laser???? " LOL
Old 2012-09-10, 21:25   Link #2892
tsunade666

^the type that read the direction on where it fires and dodge that spot type of dodging.

Well its mecha world so I don't even bother to ask how the hell does mech dodge laser beams or canoon.

Old 2012-09-10, 22:24   Link #2893
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

^ Well, there are materials developed in the Gundam universe which deflect or bend laser beams. IIRC it's the same material that gives the colors of the Gundam units.
LIGHT NOVEL CHALLENGE: Absolute Duo, Seiken Tsukai no World Break and Sister of Testament New Devil.

Old 2012-09-10, 22:26   Link #2894
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
^ Well, there are materials developed in the Gundam universe which deflect or bend laser beams. IIRC it's the same material that gives the colors of the Gundam units.
Deflect and bend i understand, but many times they just dodged it somehow....like huge body mass of metal dodging those lasers at the speed of light...really? lol maybe Kinji can learn how to dodge lasers from those gundam pilots *smirk*
Old 2012-09-10, 22:30   Link #2895
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

^ Maybe from Kira Yamato. XD

I don't know if I would be relieved upon realizing that I'm not the only one seeing Hidan no Aria as a light novel series with such ridiculous plot.

Old 2012-09-10, 22:33   Link #2896
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
^ Maybe from Kira Yamato. XD

I don't know if I would be relieved upon realizing that I'm not the only one seeing Hidan no Aria as a light novel series with such ridiculous plot.
Ya the plot is getting kind of ridiculous....it started from a detective type novel all the way to battle/supernatural/mythical novel....I don't know how it ended up like that =w=
Old 2012-09-10, 22:37   Link #2897
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Ya the plot is getting kind of ridiculous....it started from a detective type novel all the way to battle/supernatural/mythical novel....I don't know how it ended up like that =w=
...It was detective-ish to begin with...I really did not feel that what so ever
Old 2012-09-10, 22:38   Link #2898
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
...It was detective-ish to begin with...I really did not feel that what so ever
Well they did try to come up with some mysteries, like Riko's plan, the bomb at the beginning~ But now the author isn't even coming up with any mysteries anymore =w=
Old 2012-09-10, 23:00   Link #2899
Richocet
Lover of Purity

i just saw that as development and the way to introduce the two to each other, then again Sherlock Holmes and Poirot is what I think of when it comes to detective lol
Old 2012-09-10, 23:03   Link #2900
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
i just saw that as development and the way to introduce the two to each other, then again Sherlock Holmes and Poirot is what I think of when it comes to detective lol
I miss Sherlock T_T he "actually" appeared for like one volume and is gone in the other >_>

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen