AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-03-24, 09:52   Link #61
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

It needs more episodes to truly set the proper atmosphere. A shame though that they decided to jump straight to tokyo, and just with flashbacks to show Haruto's hometown and the events that happened there. But guess its perhaps around the best they can manage given such limited time. If they decide to animate the series fully, the first arc is a must though.

Never liked the fact that Eba's hair was dark blue though, always thought it would look better if it was a lighter shade. Perhaps they were just going for realism there.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 21:41   Link #62
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

It's funny how the OVA started after the point where the anime should have ended, in my opinion. I had wanted an anime series to end with Eba not going to Tokyo since they would probably be limited for time and be unable to do the entire manga series.

Anyway, the only objection I'd have is the train tracks turning into the river and the telepathic conversation. That was a bit weird. I know what they were going for... but yeah. They also should have mentioned that Haruto liked Nanami before her flashback story. It would have kept her lying dynamic more consistent.

Other than that, it was good given the time they had. Reminded me of the I''s OVA.

I hate the character design. Does not do Seo justice and he has wonderful art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Misunderstanding drama. The worst kind of drama.

First half was fine. It may have been a little typical (seemed like it was practically ripped off 5 centimeters Per Second actually) but I simply thought it was setting up the premise so I didn't mind. The second half was just plain confusing. I knew instantly what would happen when he accepted her offer as acting as her boyfriend but I could follow what was happening in the restaurant. The story Nanami was telling sounded like an obvious lie at first but seemed too genuine as she went on. Then comes Haruto's flashback which seems like the right story but as far as I can tell, completely contradicts what Nanami said...
Flashbacks were all true. What Nanami said was what she would have wanted to happen. She was lying to her friend based on past events. I am going to sum up what the anime should have included. I don't think they are major spoilers, just clarifying the story. If you plan on reading the manga, I would say don't read this and read the manga, if not, go ahead.
Spoiler for Manga:

And everyone should read the manga. Everyone's big complaining and moaning came after where the anime's events with Haruto meeting Yuzuki in Tokyo. I love the series and although there were iffy chapters, all series have that. Especially when they go the long stretch. The beginning was fantastic though. So good.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 11:17   Link #63
lightbringer
M9000

I didn't think it's possible to make KNIM any worse but they did just that. Not to mention the characters don't even look anything like in the manga. I'll skip the rage and just say I'm quite disappointed. Although most likely every manga reader will be disappointed, given which part of the source material they choose to animate.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 21:41   Link #64
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I didn't think it's possible to make KNIM any worse but they did just that. Not to mention the characters don't even look anything like in the manga. I'll skip the rage and just say I'm quite disappointed. Although most likely every manga reader will be disappointed, given which part of the source material they choose to animate.
Hey, this part of the series may be popular in Japan. I mean, the manga is written for Japanese readers and the anime is made for Japanese viewers. I think the biggest surprise and let down is the character design. It could have been a poor story but it could have still looked amazing...
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-28, 21:59   Link #65
Kamuui

I don't like the voice's Haruto .
Old 2012-06-20, 15:31   Link #66
Johnny
Working the bags...

Boobs, boobs, and more boobs is all that I remember about the second OVA...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 03:04   Link #67
Haak
Forever Alone...

Well I actually liked the conclusion. The developments were a bit typical, but the execution was top notch.
Old 2012-07-31, 09:49   Link #68
Makaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamuui View Post
I don't like the voice's Haruto .
I personally didn't like Haurto's voice too. Although Hosoya Yoshimasa is quite good voicing the typical Kansai dialect (he is from Hiroshima), I think his voice is too deep, totally not what I imagined at all.
Makaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 11:58   Link #69
Saber024

finally watched ova 1 and 2.

the backgrounds and the cherry blossoms look awesome, but the character designs are really mediocre, very disappointing. So far, ALL the girls look ordinary.

the way the story is spinned is ok with me, and the meeting at the train station teared me up as well, just like in the manga.

so Yuzuki is being voiced by Megumi Nakajima, which is a plus for me.

and yes, i'm following, still surviving, the manga.
Old 2012-09-11, 18:36   Link #70
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Just watched OVA 2... I'm happy that everything was cleared out for the couple... I don't read the manga... but I hope the two will make it through the challenges and really end up like canon...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shounen