AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-10, 21:48   Link #81
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Yeah, that really thick one in the middle is Owari no Chronicle's final volume. It's a precursor to the world of Horizon.

I know! I'm so worked up over Volume 3! D:
Owari no Chronicle was another one that caught my attention =w= the official last book(?) in chinese is going to be released (hopefully?) soon lol, going to start reading those dictionaries =w=
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 21:51   Link #82
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
You should read it before Horizon, then, as Horizon contains plot elements carried over from Owari no Chronicle (such as the use of concepts).

And while you read it, I'll be busy reading Vanadis up to Volume 5, Kuro no Hiera Glaphicos up to Volume 3, and Thousand to Aegis up to Volume 8! These might be a lot, but at least they're no dictionaries, haha.

I am so stoked up for Volume 3. OTL
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 21:53   Link #83
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
You should read it before Horizon, then, as Horizon contains plot elements carried over from Owari no Chronicle (such as the use of concepts).

And while you read it, I'll be busy reading Vanadis up to Volume 5, Kuro no Hiera Glaphicos up to Volume 3, and Thousand to Aegis up to Volume 8! These might be a lot, but at least they're no dictionaries, haha.

I am so stoked up for Volume 3. OTL
Lol hope you're not disappointed in vol 3 XD, horizon still at vol 3 translated for me =w= going to take a while for those dictionaries lol....didn't it hold the record for the biggest light novel or something? with like 1k+ pages lol....3x the size of other light novels.... btw you sure read a lot XD

Edit - Roland is probably one of the most "righteous" character I seen, one who follow the order for his country~
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 15:50   Link #84
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Can someone fill me in here? Who is Roland and how did he die? Did Tigre get his sword?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 16:36   Link #85
SoFarGone
H.A.M.
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: somewhere on this planet
^Spoiler tags
__________________
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 16:41   Link #86
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
Definitely. Spoiler tags. It's supposed to be a genuine surprise in the story.

And no, the sword does not switch hands for those who can understand.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 17:40   Link #87
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Can someone fill me in here? Who is Roland and how did he die? Did Tigre get his sword?
Spoiler for LN:
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 21:58   Link #88
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Finally! After that awesome Eleonora-Lyudmila fight, I'm on to Volume 3. And already it starts off with one hell of an attempted intrusion into Brune's territory by Sachstein.

Roland, you are just too STRONG.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 23:03   Link #89
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Finally! After that awesome Eleonora-Lyudmila fight, I'm on to Volume 3. And already it starts off with one hell of an attempted intrusion into Brune's territory by Sachstein.

Roland, you are just too STRONG.
Spoiler for LN:


Vol 4 is almost done, and vol 5 started being translated
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 23:09   Link #90
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Spoiler for LN:


Vol 4 is almost done, and vol 5 started being translated
That's good for you!

Man, I already hate Duke Tenaldie with a burning passion...the opening bit made me hate him so much more. Using Roland to get rid of Tigre? JKHAFLAJHFLAJHFDDSFSDF
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 23:21   Link #91
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
That's good for you!

Man, I already hate Duke Tenaldie with a burning passion...the opening bit made me hate him so much more. Using Roland to get rid of Tigre? JKHAFLAJHFLAJHFDDSFSDF
You'll hate him even more if I remember correctly at the end of the book
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 07:06   Link #92
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
So the reason why Volume 5 had illustrations done by the manga artist was because Yoshi☆wo was sick? ;_;
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 10:16   Link #93
Rin Listviel
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: From Japan With Love....
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Spoiler for LN:


Vol 4 is almost done, and vol 5 started being translated
where did you read the translated one??
Rin Listviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 10:53   Link #94
zzhk
Summary Machine
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
He's talking about Chinese versions.
__________________
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 13:21   Link #95
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Oh man, Florza's halfway done Chapter 1 and no one else has popped in to express interest in translating this yet! Oh dear!

I can't wait, we're almost at the first scene where you realize how awesome Tigul really is. Man, I love this series so much! The more serious tone and less of a focus on "moe" and relationships (although it's still there..) reminds me a lot of Mahouka.. which is why I love both of them so much I guess?
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 14:28   Link #96
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 25
I wonder if some scanlation team has picked up this series. It has manga version, which now reach vol. 2 of LN already.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 17:39   Link #97
Belgaesh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: At the Intersection of Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Oh man, Florza's halfway done Chapter 1 and no one else has popped in to express interest in translating this yet! Oh dear!
Yeah, we have to thank Florza for doing the Teaser, maybe this will bring more attention to this awesome series.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 21:12   Link #98
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin Listviel View Post
where did you read the translated one??
Yup like zzhk said I read this in chinese, hope someone will translate it in english lol, my chinese isn't that good and i get confuse in the text often lol
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 21:33   Link #99
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
Yeah, we have to thank Florza for doing the Teaser, maybe this will bring more attention to this awesome series.
Pretty much. Maybe then people will stop judging by its cover alone and stop dismissing it as just another harem series.

Personally speaking, though, I just don't like how the names are handled. Short of asking Kawaguchi Tsukasa himself what are the romaji for the character's names, it's going to be hard how to decide to handle them, but I'm certain it's not Tigul. Would be nice if MF Bunko could publish a character sheet with the romaji names to the characters for Vanadis, just like with Kawaguchi Tsukasa's other series in Ichijinsha, 千の魔剣と盾の乙女.

Can't please everyone, but at least it's hopefully getting some degree of attention.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 21:40   Link #100
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Pretty much. Maybe then people will stop judging by its cover alone and stop dismissing it as just another harem series.

Personally speaking, though, I just don't like how the names are handled. Short of asking Kawaguchi Tsukasa himself what are the romaji for the character's names, it's going to be hard how to decide to handle them, but I'm certain it's not Tigul. Would be nice if MF Bunko could publish a character sheet with the romaji names to the characters for Vanadis, just like with Kawaguchi Tsukasa's other series in Ichijinsha, 千の魔剣と盾の乙女.
Lol when i read it I get so confused cause of all the titles/character names and stuff == that or its just my poor chinese reading skills or the translator's poor translating skills... ya people have to stop judging a book by it's cover, I mean the bakemonogatari series have partically no insert pictures and it's actually really good. Even though I'm not really a big fan of the artwork in this series, I still quite liked this a lot
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.