AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-12, 05:59   Link #3401
noobita

Oga wants Furuchi's tissues not because he wants to save Furuchi's life, Oga wants to use the tissues to wipe his ass after he finishes taking dump.
Old 2012-09-12, 06:26   Link #3402
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Even if it's Jabber, I didn't expect Toujou to be taken down so easily. The gap between them is larger than I thought.

Furuichi is in big trouble. Oga needs to save him from himself.
Old 2012-09-12, 07:36   Link #3403
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Furuichi is really being creep-ichi this arc. So far he's gone mad on power that's borrowed from demons and has gone around beating the crap out of people for no reason, some of whom aren't even enemies with him.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 07:52   Link #3404
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Furuichi is really being creep-ichi this arc. So far he's gone mad on power that's borrowed from demons and has gone around beating the crap out of people for no reason, some of whom aren't even enemies with him.
Yeah, that is why I say he will wish he never had those tissues. Not only they can potentially taking away his intelligence, eye sight, and more importantly his life. He just made enemies of people he shouldn't have, those people didn't even do things to him. Despite all the name calling and being made fun of, the guys still treated him as a comrade.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 07:58   Link #3405
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I want him to get his comeuppance.

Old 2012-09-12, 07:59   Link #3406
Lexxus
No you don't

Time to end this arc. Hopefully next chapter. It's getting boring already.

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 08:20   Link #3407
Xaturas

Furuichi lost anyway, even if he will summon someone next ep it will be comedic relief at best. He will get another loli or useless person, unless there is still someone powerfull enough to stand a chance with Oga, and I don't think grandpa is one of persons on the summon list.
Old 2012-09-12, 08:22   Link #3408
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Furuichi lost anyway, even if he will summon someone next ep it will be comedic relief at best. He will get another loli or useless person, unless there is still someone powerfull enough to stand a chance with Oga, and I don't think grandpa is one of persons on the summon list.
Arc is coming to close. I expect the next one to be where they left off in the Underworld earlier when Baby Beel turned into a giant.
Old 2012-09-12, 14:26   Link #3409
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

It's alright calling Furuichi creep and at all but who would not used that kind of power if it's bestowed upon them from heavens (in this case hell). Lamia looked pretty worried and even Hilda tried to took some measures and make plan before taking out Furuichi without giving him a harm. He has already toxin in his body. His body started to corrode (brain and mind) and because of toxins he is not aware of the fact that he might end up in worst situation. Oga also looked pretty serious here so I don't think next chapter will be all fun and filled with comic relief elements. Furuichi might even lose his sanity or at least his eye sight. If something like that happen then I don't think other people he defeated before will harm or call him creep like in old days but it's comedy shounen after all. I don't think this kind of thing might happen and like you guys said Oga could beat him easily and without happening anything to his body he can back to his old-self and being treated as trash by everyone which I don't want to see that sort of conclusion. To tell you truth I pitty him and even he is acting like a jerk I think he deserves more good treatment from others but that would damage comic side of the manga for sure, anyways. I hope in the next arc we can see some sort of serious story development.
Old 2012-09-12, 15:40   Link #3410
Xaturas

^^
TL DR and ENTER use it.

No furucihi deserves all he gets, having power is one thing abusing and being drunk on it is the other.
Old 2012-09-12, 15:55   Link #3411
Ashaman

Quote:
Actually, not really.

He fought MK5 as a test, but everyone beats on them. And they made fun of him.

He took down the karate club because they were harassing people (and then asked them where they got the money. Dude was intending to return it to their proper owners)

Miki was another test, and even then Miki struck first. You could say they were both at fault.

After that it was Himekawa and Kanzaki, who had been making fun of him for quite awhile.

Toujo picked a fight with him when Furuichi had no intention to face him, and so has Oga.

At the core, he's had 3 reasons to fight. For respect, as a test of his new strength, and because the other person started it. They are better reasons than some of the other delinquents.

He might have gone a little mad with power, but he's not exactly gone off the deep end either. Still, he's had a couple of creepy moments too. Can't deny that.
Old 2012-09-12, 15:58   Link #3412
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Even if it's Jabber, I didn't expect Toujou to be taken down so easily. The gap between them is larger than I thought.

Furuichi is in big trouble. Oga needs to save him from himself.
I was under the impression demons are more powerful when they have a host... for instance Beel is not strong but he can grant a host alot of power.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 16:25   Link #3413
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
He might have gone a little mad with power,
Not to mention mad with brain eating toxin...

But I agree. The only one he picked a fight with for no reason was Oga. And it was more acting loopy than anything.

The others... He may have provoked them a bit, but they struck first. And his provocations aren't any worse than calling him Creepichi.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 16:27   Link #3414
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
Actually, not really.

He took down the karate club because they were harassing people (and then asked them where they got the money. Dude was intending to return it to their proper owners)

Miki was another test, and even then Miki struck first. You could say they were both at fault.

After that it was Himekawa and Kanzaki, who had been making fun of him for quite awhile.

Toujo picked a fight with him when Furuichi had no intention to face him, and so has Oga.

At the core, he's had 3 reasons to fight. For respect, as a test of his new strength, and because the other person started it. They are better reasons than some of the other delinquents.

He might have gone a little mad with power, but he's not exactly gone off the deep end either. Still, he's had a couple of creepy moments too. Can't deny that.
I agree with you there.

But now, one clearly can see how much those drug-like tissues had made its toll on him already.

Btw, I don't see why he should say good bye forever to those tissues, maybe he can get some and use them just-in-case, one can be a badass and a comic relief in the same character.

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 18:31   Link #3415
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Let's be honest here. He could have chosen not to retaliate but he did.

Quote:
Yes, made fun of him. Not beat him up even when they were stronger than him. And look what he does first? Beat them up when he's stronger than them by borrowing someone else's power.

Quote:

He's pretty much gone mad with power. This is why people think he's creep-ichi in the series. He thinks he's being cool but in reality, he's just being a bully.

Old 2012-09-12, 21:58   Link #3416
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Actually, not really.

let's be honest here, great power comes great responsibility, the way he uses the power is just him wanting to get back on all those people who ever made fun of him, and let's admit it, he gone completely power mad == Like I'm not saying what he's doing is completely wrong, but the way he handled it could have been better, but he's just a bit too power mad to notice
Old 2012-09-12, 22:28   Link #3417
Vigo
too lazy to post

Quote:
Let's be honest here. He could have chosen not to retaliate but he did.
Right, like everyone else does in this manga. They beat the living shit out of you regardless of how strong you are. Oga wanted to beat up his so called best friend after Furuchi slapped him. Why the hell should he not retaliate?

Quote:
Yes, made fun of him. Not beat him up even when they were stronger than him. And look what he does first? Beat them up when he's stronger than them by borrowing someone else's power.
Bullshit. They WANTED to beat him up that's why they called him out. They even asked him why he is talking to them as if they were friends in the beginning i.e. they do not see him as a friend. Calling him a mob and themselves his superiors. They would not pull this shit if it were Oga or Toujo. Both knew he is weaker than them. And they were the ones who attacked him first.

And lol at the borrowing someone else power. As if Oga or Himekawa are beating all of their enemies with their own powers, please.

Furuchi is acting like an arrogant asshole and pretty much lost control. But everyone he beat up deserved it or saw it coming.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 22:40   Link #3418
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Right, like everyone else does in this manga. They beat the living shit out of you regardless of how strong you are. Oga wanted to beat up his so called best friend after Furuchi slapped him. Why the hell should he not retaliate?

Bullshit. They WANTED to beat him up that's why they called him out. They even asked him why he is talking to them as if they were friends in the beginning i.e. they do not see him as a friend. Calling him a mob and themselves his superiors. They would not pull this shit if it were Oga or Toujo. Both knew he is weaker than them. And they were the ones who attacked him first.

And lol at the borrowing someone else power. As if Oga or Himekawa are beating all of their enemies with their own powers, please.

Furuchi is acting like an arrogant asshole and pretty much lost control. But everyone he beat up deserved it or saw it coming.
The part where Himekawa and Kanzaki wanted to beat him up was provoked by Furuichi. He was confident he can beat him with the power of the tissues, when he lost it at that moment he immediately freaked out. Unlike Furuichi who essentially borrowed 100% percent of power to defeat someone, Oga didn't have to resort to use Baby Beel power many times. Those who borrowed powers so far and use them are Oga, Aoi, and Saotome. All three were originally powerful to begin with and seldom borrowed power. Oga unlike Furuchi does not seek out people to fight, they usually come to him. Like during chapter 36, Oga choose not to use Baby Beel's power to defeat Toujo where unlike Furuichi where he loses the tissues he immediately freaks out to try and use the power again.
Old 2012-09-12, 23:08   Link #3419
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I'd be willing to bet that even the author didn't expect people to read this much into it.... Creepyichi is being Creepyichi .... in the end just like with the money he will just lose everything and go back to being the side kick... and everyone will laugh again...
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-12, 23:09   Link #3420
Vigo
too lazy to post

It was a small provocation not even an insult and the only one who had any right to get angry was Himekawa. Both Himekawa and Kanzaki acted like some tough shit only because it was Furuchi. If it was someone else they would have brushed it off. They are no better than Furuchi as they abuse the fact that they are strong just as much as Furuchi does now. They deserved their beating.

And of course he freaked out. He is weak and he knows that. That's why he is abusing this power as much as he can. Who would not? He is a normal average joe so he will abuse it 100%. Problem is that he went mad and acts too arrogant.

Last edited by Vigo; 2012-09-13 at 01:31.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence