AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-13, 04:06   Link #121
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Silvmeteor? Wait, what?

That's...that's quite a name, Elen.
Wait Wut? OO silvmeteor?
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 04:27   Link #122
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Wait Wut? OO silvmeteor?
It's the name Elen gave to the combined troops of Brune and Zchted. "Silver Meteor". I can't stop laughing at this. And also at how Elen pokes fun at Lim. "Having your breast fondled and sucked must have made you soft for him" roflmao.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 06:26   Link #123
whsie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Seattle and Houston... sleeping in a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Concerning Roland, he died a pathetic death, but let's be real here. If someone like him is dumb enough to die the way he did, then would never have survived in the real world.
As a commander, he was the best in Brune. He's the one soldier that has every other country shaking in their boots.

That said, I wouldn't say he was dumb. He was merely kept ignorant of the political machinations around him. He is a soldier through and through. Fights for the citizens, fights for the king, fights for the country, and takes order with little question. In many ways, he is the ideal knight. He is not someone who plays those political games and it's a shame he was sacrificed as a political goat.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 08:09   Link #124
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Checked up the jp wiki 'cause of a friend's request, my eyes ended up catching a line or two and now I've been bothered by this tidbit for a while now. So here's a question to those who have read Volume 5. Because it is really, really bothering me.

Spoiler for Don't bother opening me if you have no idea who Drechvach (ドレカヴァク) is in this series. I'm serious. Otherwise it's just going to open another can of worms, people are going to ask for more information, summaries plz, gimme spoilers plz. and all that, etc., tons of inane speculations out the wazoo, so DON'T.:


Not that I want to spoil myself, because I don't ever get spoiled very easily.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 08:25   Link #125
fazri
blacksun king
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: jakarta,indonesia
where i can found english translation,illustration or atleast summaries for this series??
__________________
fazri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 09:49   Link #126
Belgaesh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: At the Intersection of Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
where i can found english translation,illustration or atleast summaries for this series??
There are summaries of this series in JCafe, made by Zephyr. In BT, Florza did a teaser of the first volume.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 09:50   Link #127
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
I don't know how relevant this is going to be, but seeing as this is from the manga with the author's input...

Tigre. That's the ONLY romaji I've seen of Tigre's name in any Vanadis-affiliated medium; I'll see if I can find more. I tried looking the author up on Twitter for direct confirmation, but he's not listed on it. It might be able to help out with the translations or something, I don't know.
__________________

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-13 at 10:09.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 10:34   Link #128
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Under the Hell and Above the Heaven
Send a message via Skype™ to HasNoLove
BTW, is there anyone know where n how to download the original story..??
cuz if Im not wrong, tis LN's an adept from the real-based-story (novel), right..??
__________________
HasNoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 11:02   Link #129
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
BTW, is there anyone know where n how to download the original story..??
cuz if Im not wrong, tis LN's an adept from the real-based-story (novel), right..??
Kawaguchi Tsukasa only lifted some elements from the original legend, like the seven princesses. It's in Latin and Slavic. No, it can't be downloaded.

If you tried to read the original...it would be very, very, very different.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 12:13   Link #130
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Under the Hell and Above the Heaven
Send a message via Skype™ to HasNoLove
Spoiler for well..:


umm, btw is one of 7 vanadis was the girl with diffirent eye color..??
could someone explain the apperance specificly of those 7 vanadis who make "debut" aka showing 'em self to us, the reader...
__________________
HasNoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:19   Link #131
EvI
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Brazil
hello guys passing by here and i got to say this novel got my interest...really...tits...tits everywhere...
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
now serious i still got to understand everything and i need patience to ready all the topic but hell i have to say that i will read this one with my soul kkkk
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 19:13   Link #132
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Kawaguchi Tsukasa only lifted some elements from the original legend, like the seven princesses. It's in Latin and Slavic. No, it can't be downloaded.

If you tried to read the original...it would be very, very, very different.
Woah I didn't know there was actually an original legend to it OO
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 20:46   Link #133
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Wow.

I liked the skirmish in Vol. 3 Ch. 2. At first, after reading about how the river had "stopped flowing", I came to the same conclusion as Greast's general did (shows how predictable the whole "flooding the enemy army" tactic has become in recent media). And then Tigre's actual plan kicks in, and...wow. The author took the expectation I had with regards to that strategy and then turned it on its head. I didn't think the forest would play that vital a role, though I'm surprised Greast managed to note its importance (which the general then paid no heed to, heh). Very interesting tactic to route the enemy's troops of equal number, especially Tigre's guerrilla warfare.

The following victory celebration scene was heartwarming, in part because of how it shows some significant romantic development between Elen and Tigre. I had to chuckle when Elen went "You really are cute" after Tigre mentioned that if it weren't for the circumstances, he would've punch Greast right then and there. It was also notable in that the entire tone during the scene was, while still throwing the reader a bone or two for some chuckles, rather mature. I liked that as it was really a heartfelt moment shared between the two; it was nowhere near the childish squabbling or half-hearted "heartfelt" scenes you'd usually find in a harem series.

It also shed more light on Tigre's character, showing just how different he is from the other nobles just by how he sees his soldiers, and what he believes he's fighting for. He realizes just how much PEOPLE they are, not pawns, nor do they fight for justice but at the end of the day, they are soldiers merely following orders. That alone was very notable, doing away with the whole "we fight for justice!" cliche found in stories like these (and if you distance yourself from the main characters, you'd realize that is exactly what is at play here; several individuals fighting to secure and promote their own interests). That and, a main character admitting just how limited his view and perspective were before, and then thanking the heroine for having given him the opportunity to grow and expand his horizons while still admitting just how aware he is of his own shortcomings? Not a very common thing to read in these days of standardized invincible, unshakable, male harem lead archetypes.

I'm beginning to see how Volume 3's scale is so much larger than in Volume 1 and 2...and not just in the battles. Personally speaking, this is good. This is REALLY good.
__________________

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-13 at 20:57.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 20:51   Link #134
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Wow.

I liked the skirmish in Vol. 3 Ch. 2. At first, after reading about how the river had "stopped flowing", I came to the same conclusion as Greast's general did (shows how predictable the whole "flooding the enemy army" tactic has become in recent media). And then Tigre's actual plan kicks in, and...wow. The author took the expectation I had with regards to that strategy and then turned it on its head. I didn't think the forest would play that vital a role, though I'm surprised Greast managed to note its importance (which the general then paid no heed to, heh). Very interesting tactic to route the enemy's troops of equal number, especially Tigre's guerrilla warfare.

The following victory celebration scene was heartwarming, in part because of how it shows some significant romantic development between Elen and Tigre. I had to chuckle when Elen went "You really are cute" after Tigre mentioned that if it weren't for the circumstances, he would've punch Greast right then and there. It was also notable in that the entire tone during the scene was, while still throwing the reader a bone or two for some chuckles, rather mature. I liked that as it was really a heartfelt moment shared between the two; it was nowhere near the childish squabbling or such you'd usually find in a harem series.
Lol ya I'm pretty surprised by the forest tactic, didn't really expect that. As for the origin of Tigre's bow, I can't help by think it's related to the black dragon in Ellen's country, guess we'll find more about that later~
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 21:00   Link #135
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Under the Hell and Above the Heaven
Send a message via Skype™ to HasNoLove
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Lol ya I'm pretty surprised by the forest tactic, didn't really expect that. As for the origin of Tigre's bow, I can't help by think it's related to the black dragon in Ellen's country, guess we'll find more about that later~
aye..., cant wait to see it...
__________________
HasNoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 21:15   Link #136
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Lol ya I'm pretty surprised by the forest tactic, didn't really expect that. As for the origin of Tigre's bow, I can't help by think it's related to the black dragon in Ellen's country, guess we'll find more about that later~
The forest tactic was just whoa. A VERY nice surprise! Though considering that Greast didn't bother pursing and had already accomplished his role, it downplayed the taste of victory a bit...but it was still a very enthralling development as it was.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 21:36   Link #137
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
The forest tactic was just whoa. A VERY nice surprise! Though considering that Greast didn't bother pursing and had already accomplished his role, it downplayed the taste of victory a bit...but it was still a very enthralling development as it was.
Happened too fast >_< shoulda give chase to increase the tension
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 21:45   Link #138
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Happened too fast >_< shoulda give chase to increase the tension
Nah, I think it was alright. It was a good appetizer to whet the reader's appetites for the upcoming battles...and considering that Roland's illustration is on page 169, I'm pretty certain that the upcoming ones are DEFINITELY going to be awe-inducing.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 22:14   Link #139
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Yeeees vol 4 is finally out~ I been looking forward to it all month ~
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 22:23   Link #140
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Under the Hell and Above the Heaven
Send a message via Skype™ to HasNoLove
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Yeeees vol 4 is finally out~ I been looking forward to it all month ~
is it raw version..??
__________________
HasNoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.