AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-13, 01:33   Link #3421
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Oga needs those tissues to wipe his ass, better give it.
__________________
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 05:10   Link #3422
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Right, like everyone else does in this manga. They beat the living shit out of you regardless of how strong you are. Oga wanted to beat up his so called best friend after Furuchi slapped him. Why the hell should he not retaliate?
Everyone beats the shit out of others with their own power and they don't act high and mighty cause they're borrowing demonic power. Oga wanted to beat up Furuichi cause Furuichi slapped him for no reason. Dude, if someone slapped you, what would you do.

Quote:
Bullshit. They WANTED to beat him up that's why they called him out. They even asked him why he is talking to them as if they were friends in the beginning i.e. they do not see him as a friend. Calling him a mob and themselves his superiors. They would not pull this shit if it were Oga or Toujo. Both knew he is weaker than them. And they were the ones who attacked him first.
Someone already mentioned it but he basically provoked him into attacking them. You do not go and insult people unless you want them to take it up with you. Some people will let insults slide, some won't. Furuichi did what he did knowing full well that they would call him out on it and he could own them with his borrowed demonic power. To me, that's a creep.

And what I mean by them not bullying him before that. You notice how even though they're stronger than Furuichi, they never beat him up just for kicks to show how strong they are; unlike what he's doing now.

Quote:
And lol at the borrowing someone else power. As if Oga or Himekawa are beating all of their enemies with their own powers, please.
Oga has beat up pretty much everyone non-demonic with his own power. Furuichi is borrowing a demons power to beat up everyone; including ordinary humans.

Quote:
Furuchi is acting like an arrogant asshole and pretty much lost control. But everyone he beat up deserved it or saw it coming.
Furuichi himself deserves the biggest beatdown
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 05:14   Link #3423
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
And of course he freaked out. He is weak and he knows that. That's why he is abusing this power as much as he can. Who would not? He is a normal average joe so he will abuse it 100%. Problem is that he went mad and acts too arrogant.
No, the problem is abusing it period. -_- He should go star in some lim dal yong manga and not be in this manga
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 05:31   Link #3424
Blaat
AS member for 10 years
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I find it amusing that in a manga in which everyone is abusing their power, indeed the hierarchy of the character relation is based on how strong they are, but it's the weakest character, who managed to get temporarily power up, who gets the flack for it.
__________________

Last edited by Blaat; 2012-09-13 at 09:47.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 06:36   Link #3425
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Let's be honest here. He could have chosen not to retaliate but he did.
I'm not sure who you're talking about here, Miki or Furuichi. Because it applies to both.

Quote:
Oga wanted to beat up Furuichi cause Furuichi slapped him for no reason. Dude, if someone slapped you, what would you do.
That really was a misunderstanding though; Furuichi really did think there was a bug. Oga, being Oga, over-reacted, which made Furuichi instinctually defend himself.

Quote:
Someone already mentioned it but he basically provoked him into attacking them. You do not go and insult people unless you want them to take it up with you. Some people will let insults slide, some won't. Furuichi did what he did knowing full well that they would call him out on it and he could own them with his borrowed demonic power. To me, that's a creep.
Actually, he didn't insult Kanzaki or Himekawa.

Their conversation was literally:

Quote:
F: Yo Kanzaki, Himekawa, treating your families well?

K: Ah?

H: Why are you talking to us like we're your friends or something?

F: So what happened with your fiancee, Little Hime (Hime-chan?)

H: Furuichi, step outside.

K: If you want to apologize, this is your last chance.

H: Looks like you've forgotten how to talk to your superiors, you damn mob.
I mean, he sort insulted Himekawa, and talked down to them a bit, but that they decided to beat on him for that?

And its not as though Himekawa asked for the whole fiancee thing to be kept quiet either.

The full extent of Furuichi's provocation was basically acting a bit snobby towards them. Their immediate reaction was to call him out to put him in his proper place.

Quote:
And what I mean by them not bullying him before that. You notice how even though they're stronger than Furuichi, they never beat him up just for kicks to show how strong they are; unlike what he's doing now.
Bullying comes in many forms, and that they constantly insult him is one of those forms.

But you're right, they've never attacked him, probably because 1) Everyone knows he's below them, so they have no reason to fight him. and 2) they're probably afraid that Oga would kick the crap out of them if they did attack him for no reason.

And look, as soon as 1) is broken, they snap and try to double team him

Basically, they are doing exactly what you said they never do. Beating him up to show him how strong they are, and how weak he is.

Furuichi is doing this becasue he's tired of the insults and knows that guys like them respect only strength.

Quote:
Furuichi is borrowing a demons power to beat up everyone; including ordinary humans.
Correction. Furuichi is using his power to beat up people who attack him, and who have bullied him for weeks/months now. The fact that he provoked them is superfluous to the fact that, in every single encounter (bar maybe the MK5+1 one) he is not the instagator of physical violence.

And I can't stress this enough; Furuichi is acting a bit snobby, and its caused no less than 3 people to attack him!

I'm not going to deny he's being cocky, or that he's gone a little mad with power and is abusing it, but so far I don't think he's really done anything wrong. Anyone he's beat up deserves it to some degree.
__________________
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 08:17   Link #3426
Vigo
too lazy to post
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Everyone beats the shit out of others with their own power and they don't act high and mighty cause they're borrowing demonic power. Oga wanted to beat up Furuichi cause Furuichi slapped him for no reason. Dude, if someone slapped you, what would you do.
Going by what you said Furuchi should not retaliate after Mikki attacked him. Yet Oga who got slapped because Furuchi was hallucinating has the right to beat him up. Contradictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Someone already mentioned it but he basically provoked him into attacking them. You do not go and insult people unless you want them to take it up with you. Some people will let insults slide, some won't. Furuichi did what he did knowing full well that they would call him out on it and he could own them with his borrowed demonic power. To me, that's a creep.

And what I mean by them not bullying him before that. You notice how even though they're stronger than Furuichi, they never beat him up just for kicks to show how strong they are; unlike what he's doing now.
He didn't provoked them into attacking him. He made some remaks directed at Himekawa only. And then both acted like tough guys because it was Furuchi and ganged up on him.

The intimidate him and insult him because they know that they are stronger and if he speaks up they will beat him up. Thus they abuse their power just as much. They see him as inferior and treat him like this. This is bullying at it's finest. The reason why his head is not in the toilet every day is Oga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Furuichi himself deserves the biggest beatdown
No he doesn't. He out of all main characters deserves the most to beat the shit out of others. Everyone treats him like trash. His friends, classmates and even people he doesn't know. They abuse and treat him like some second class. He doesn't deserve half of the shit thrown at him. That's why I am enjoyng this arc so much even though I know it will end bad for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I find it amusing that in a manga in which everyone is abusing their power, indeed the hierarchy of the character relation is based on how strong they are, but it's the weakest character, who managed to get temporarily power up, who gets flack for it.

Last edited by Vigo; 2012-09-13 at 08:27.
Vigo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 12:39   Link #3427
Excorsism
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
All of the flak Furuichi is receiving is pretty funny. Do you guys hate his character that much? Him and Lamia are one of the main reasons why I read this manga. God forbid a comedic relief gets his time to shine over the people who treat him like dirt for like 98% of the manga.

It's inevitable Oga is going to beat him down though, which is the sad part.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32974&dateline=119918  5263
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 13:11   Link #3428
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Furuchi isn't really hated, but abusing power is another thing. Furuchi wasn't bullied, insults and bad names given to him yes, but he wasn't really bullied. A lot of times when other characters beat him up were warranted. The fact remains yes he was called names and insults, but was it really like bullying no. Acting conceited and beating people up just for the heck of it isn't.
ReaperxKingx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 13:37   Link #3429
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
The fact remains yes he was called names and insults, but was it really like bullying no.
No, that's bullying.

When people start using an insult as your name, and call you a pedo at every opportunity, that's bullying. I'm honestly surprised that this needs to be said.

Quote:
Acting conceited and beating people up just for the heck of it isn't.
See what I said above. Sure, he's acting like a prick, but he's yet to throw the first punch. And he does have a reason for this, which is earn their respect so that they'll stop picking on him.
__________________
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 13:47   Link #3430
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
No, that's bullying.

When people start using an insult as your name, and call you a pedo at every opportunity, that's bullying. I'm honestly surprised that this needs to be said.



See what I said above. Sure, he's acting like a prick, but he's yet to throw the first punch. And he does have a reason for this, which is earn their respect so that they'll stop picking on him.
I've seen bullying first hand, compared to Furuichi I would say at a scale of 1 to 10 on bullying its a 2. Despite being called names or pedophile, he wasn't alienated by all the characters. Despite other characters view of him, they still hang out everyday. They didn't seek out to insult him to make his life a living hell, when one is bullied they feel like their life is horrible.

The thing about first punches don't make sense to me physically, when you provoke someone that to me is already a first punch. Since you started the conflict, doesn't matter if you haven't physically harm someone, because you started it. Childish as it may its the truth.

As for beating people up, he is shown to do it to show his power and attempts to reign over everyone. As a moral choice, you would choose to use your new found power for good or something benefiting in the long run. Not make enemies.
ReaperxKingx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:18   Link #3431
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
What about his dignity?
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:18   Link #3432
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
He might have gone a little mad with power.
Going mad without power is boring
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 15:48   Link #3433
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
What about his dignity?
There is no doubt he lost a lot of it, but is abusing power the best way to get it back? There are other ways to do so, he is weak physically but is shown to be one of the smartest characters. He should use his intelligence for good use.
ReaperxKingx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 18:11   Link #3434
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
He's only one of the smartest characters cause almost everyone else has fighting on the brain.
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 01:12   Link #3435
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The thing about first punches don't make sense to me physically, when you provoke someone that to me is already a first punch. Since you started the conflict, doesn't matter if you haven't physically harm someone, because you started it. Childish as it may its the truth.
He didn't call them Mobzaki or Creepkawa. They're the ones who chose to escalate things because they thought they had the upper hand.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 05:09   Link #3436
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
He chose to call them out cause HE thought he had the upper hand
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 08:01   Link #3437
Ashaman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
He chose to call them out cause HE thought he had the upper hand
Yeah, I can see what you mean.

Furuichi was most certainly the one who called them out to the corridor for a beat down




Quote:
I've seen bullying first hand, compared to Furuichi I would say at a scale of 1 to 10 on bullying its a 2.
I'd say closer to a 3 or a 4, but whatever. You've got a point, its not as bad as some bullying can be. Its still bullying.

Quote:
The thing about first punches don't make sense to me physically, when you provoke someone that to me is already a first punch. Since you started the conflict, doesn't matter if you haven't physically harm someone, because you started it. Childish as it may its the truth.
This is a matter of opinion, I think. For me, there's a distinct wall between trading insults and trading fists. Kanzaki and Himekawa have been insulting Furuichi for awhile, but as soon as he gets a little uppity, they call him out for a beat down.

I know Furuichi was spoiling for a fight, but they are still the one's who defaulted to "Let's double team the weakling to teach him his place".

It would be a different story if he was like this for days, looking down on them, calling them names and just generally being an asshole to them, cause then I could understand wanting to kick his ass. But he said like, 3 sentences to them, and only one was in any way an insult, and even then, its like calling someone child.

Actually, let me rerespond to that quote:

Quote:
The thing about first punches don't make sense to me physically, when you provoke someone that to me is already a first punch. Since you started the conflict, doesn't matter if you haven't physically harm someone, because you started it. Childish as it may its the truth.
So you are saying Himekawa and Kanzaki didn't start the conflict, when they are the ones who insulted him first?

From both points of view, they started this conflict.

From my point of view, those two have been calling furuichi a pervert and a loser, and when he returns with "Big baby" they go to slug him for it.

Quote:
As a moral choice, you would choose to use your new found power for good or something benefiting in the long run. Not make enemies.
I find it funny that you mention doing good, because one of the first things he does with his new found strength is to destroy a bunch of theives and intend to give the money back from the people they robbed it off.

This instantly makes him one of , like, 3 characters of the manga who have done a good deed for a nameless stranger.

Quote:
As for beating people up, he is shown to do it to show his power and attempts to reign over everyone.
Which is exactly what Kanzaki, Himekawa and god knows how many others do in this manga.

I'm starting to grasp why Furuichi went to Ishiyama now

More seriously, while true, we also know the reason behind his desire to reign over everyone, and that's because he's been looked down on, insulted and treated like crap for months now, and he doesn't deserve half the shit he gets.
__________________
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 08:16   Link #3438
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Furuichi is like the less homicidal version of Carrie. At first you feel sorry for Carrie/him/her and then as time goes on, you realise that they've become batshit insane/corruptedbypower/etc and then they get their comeuppance.

Long story short, once you start acting like an antagonist, people start losing sympathy for you
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 10:00   Link #3439
Shadow5YA
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Correction. Furuichi is using his power to beat up people who attack him, and who have bullied him for weeks/months now. The fact that he provoked them is superfluous to the fact that, in every single encounter (bar maybe the MK5+1 one) he is not the instagator of physical violence.

And I can't stress this enough; Furuichi is acting a bit snobby, and its caused no less than 3 people to attack him!

I'm not going to deny he's being cocky, or that he's gone a little mad with power and is abusing it, but so far I don't think he's really done anything wrong. Anyone he's beat up deserves it to some degree.
Let's not forget that he glomped Aoi out of nowhere, unprovoked...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 10:33   Link #3440
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Good for you. But the rest of us have higher moral standards. I think the situation can be summed up like this, group X are like Peter parker right after he got his spider powers where he went around righting all the perceived insults to him while group Y are like Ben parker who basically think with great power should come great responsibility.

I'm not saying Himekawa and Kanzaki are saints, they're previous antagonists after all. I don't even like them. I just don't like people who go around shoving their weight around cause of a chip on their shoulder. What makes it worse in this case is that it's not his own power and he knows it. People are saying 'but but furuichi was treated so badly before', to which I say 'um, so? That makes it right how?'
__________________
God is on the side with the biggest cannon.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.