AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-16, 08:50   Link #2061
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
I'm really liking this ED!
...Hmm, maybe because the "feel" of this song seems a lot closer to Team Nekokan's older works?
(It also seems the iTunes link for Cry Out is dead for some reason.)
I always see Team Nekokan and remember the Yosuga no Sora ED (which I loved).

In any case, this ED is slowly growing on me, and I'm liking it more and more!

Arty
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 09:03   Link #2062
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Will be interesting to see how this goes, with everyone (minus one) being forced to face their childhoods in front of one another. Particularly where it concerns Yui and Aoki. After him going on for the last ten episodes about how much he loves Yui, it kind of complicates things to know that she reminds him of his first love. I'm sure both will ask at some point whether he'd really fallen in love with Yui or with the Nana he sees in her; I'm sure by now he's really in love with Yui, but it probably did indeed start with her resemblance to Nana.
Well that's one possible angle, but I think what the story would be be aimming for is that one line that Aoki said to Taichi- "When did I stop loving her?"

I don't think Aoki was substituting Yui for Nana, but rather Aoki just stopped loving Nana altogether and it bothers him because that would mean that it's possible that one day he might stop loving Yui altogether as well without realizing it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
On one final note, since everyone else's temp ages were stated, how old was ChibiBan?
Four years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
I'm really liking this ED!
...Hmm, maybe because the "feel" of this song seems a lot closer to Team Nekokan's older works?
It's just more badass
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 09:38   Link #2063
Qilin
Romanticist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Age: 23
Huh. As much as I want to continue ragging on this show for all the squandered potential in the previous arc, I can't help but feel a little optimistic towards this new arc.

It looks like the predominant theme in this arc is the past, specifically how it interacts with our present selves. For now, things seem to be off to a good start with a number of repressed tidbits about our characters pop up (even Aoki). It's particularly ironic how Iori can read other people so well while remaining ignorant of her concept of "self", especially since the "self" is the very lens by which a person interprets the thoughts of others. Sooner or later, I'd expect most of them to lose their grip over the present and start regressing to their past selves.

As for Heartseed... I'm assuming that this new "avatar" is a separate entity from the one we've come to recognize. If so, I'd say that this is quickly turning into a sort of cosmic chess game between otherworldly entities with our main characters as the pieces. I'll withhold further comment on this until I get a clear image of what the show intends to do with this development.
__________________
Damaged Goods
"There’s an up higher than up, but at the very top, down is all there is."

Last edited by Qilin; 2012-09-16 at 09:48.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 09:49   Link #2064
Snuffle
likes cute things
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Searching for more imoutos
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Can I just hug everything in this episode? Gawd.
Saying that with an Akane avatar makes your comment have a much greater effect.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 10:00   Link #2065
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Well everyone in the cast loves to simply state Taichi's different traits, other than his white knighting, we also get his imouto complex thrown out in the open, by Iori no less. 14 year old Iori is a monster.

Aoki and Yui relationship just turned interesting, Yui having to remember her past was not good for her. I think she needs to kick Taichi again.

Iori is still as interesting as ever behind her happy facade reveals and generally deep character who views life in a dark manner.

It is interesting to see how their past has affected their present selves.

The Iori, Inaba and Taichi dynamic for me was the only Issue, simply sticking to the status quo even after 2 different gimmicks, is the dumbest development so far. Taichi is not really indecisive he just doesn't want to make his move on Iori, if its for Inaba's sack then what was the whole point of rejecting her at the end of the last arc....
__________________
Nothing is Impossible
BladeEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 10:02   Link #2066
TheEroKing
On a Break
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: India
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
__________________
TheEroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 10:06   Link #2067
Seiryuu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well that's one possible angle, but I think what the story would be be aimming for is that one line that Aoki said to Taichi- "When did I stop loving her?"

I don't think Aoki was substituting Yui for Nana, but rather Aoki just stopped loving Nana altogether and it bothers him because that would mean that it's possible that one day he might stop loving Yui altogether as well without realizing it.
...
Aoki also asked whether the love was gone or whether it's still there. Anyway, I was thinking more on the lines of how Yui may feel about it; you take a girl being courted with such determination and tell her that she's the spitting image of her suitor's ex, I'd expect her to worry whether it's really her he loves.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 14:17   Link #2068
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Saying that with an Akane avatar makes your comment have a much greater effect.
I ask the same question wherever I go, good sir. :3

New ending's fantastic, just like the others. In terms of the actual ending itself, I personally like this one better than the second (but not as much as the first), but I think the prelude/lead-in to the song is quite a bit weaker. What I loved most about the first ending was how it started playing as the previews happened, and it sounded like it fit the premise perfectly.

The second ending did a good job at this too, but for how dramatic the arc got the song overall felt a bit off to me. Song's great, don't get me wrong, but I just prefer the other two over it.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 15:27   Link #2069
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
This new ED is the fuckin moab. It definitely has a different vibe than what the last two gave, and I certainly dig it. That one scene where Iori and Inaba are fighting over Taichi's hand had me thinking though, especially after when Iori lost her grip while Inaba's stayed dominant. I also think he later grabs Inaba's hand as well if I'm not mistaking their skin tones (I had to replay bit a few times lol). Poor Iori~ ;___;
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 15:40   Link #2070
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
This new ED is the fuckin moab. It definitely has a different vibe than what the last two gave, and I certainly dig it. That one scene where Iori and Inaba are fighting over Taichi's hand had me thinking though, especially after when Iori lost her grip while Inaba's stayed dominant. I also think he later grabs Inaba's hand as well if I'm not mistaking their skin tones (I had to replay bit a few times lol). Poor Iori~ ;___;
Dammit blakstealth, don't say such things! I swear I'm one of the few remaining Iori supporters; they're making us choose between her and Inaba- not fair.

Also, the first ending in full is boss. Who forgot to tell me it was out? -.-
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 15:45   Link #2071
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Dammit blakstealth, don't say such things! I swear I'm one of the few remaining Iori supporters; they're making us choose between her and Inaba- not fair.

Also, the first ending in full is boss. Who forgot to tell me it was out? -.-
Both the EDs have been available on iTunes at roughly the same time that their respective arcs reached their conclusions. That said I still have to "acquire" the second one. It's not as interesting as the other two so far but it's still very enjoyable
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 15:54   Link #2072
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Dammit blakstealth, don't say such things! I swear I'm one of the few remaining Iori supporters; they're making us choose between her and Inaba- not fair.

Also, the first ending in full is boss. Who forgot to tell me it was out? -.-
For some reason, your avatar and your post are highly related ^^

The EDs have been available on JP iTunes for a while I believe. I'm still waiting on the single but...

Oh well...

Arty

PS: I also agree, it's not fair they're making us choose between Inaban and Iori... It's just not fair. Why can't we have both? *TV commercial*
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 16:02   Link #2073
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Both the EDs have been available on iTunes at roughly the same time that their respective arcs reached their conclusions. That said I still have to "acquire" the second one. It's not as interesting as the other two so far but it's still very enjoyable
I was aware of that, but iTunes compresses what they sell into something lower than CBR (VBR, I believe), and I've got a proper high quality version of it. Yes, it does exist in a proper FLAC and 320 kbps MP3 format. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
For some reason, your avatar and your post are highly related ^^

The EDs have been available on JP iTunes for a while I believe. I'm still waiting on the single but...

Oh well...

Arty

PS: I also agree, it's not fair they're making us choose between Inaban and Iori... It's just not fair. Why can't we have both? *TV commercial*
Someday young grasshopper, you'll learn that my avatar relates to EVERYTHING.

I heard when it came out on iTunes, but I really don't like the compression they use. Through my powered stereo headphones, I can definitely hear the difference. Plus, I'm kinda OCD about all of my music being nothing less than 320 kbps. Go figure.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 16:35   Link #2074
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Dammit blakstealth, don't say such things! I swear I'm one of the few remaining Iori supporters; they're making us choose between her and Inaba- not fair.

Also, the first ending in full is boss. Who forgot to tell me it was out? -.-
As a fellow Iori fan myself, I feel like this has to be addressed! D:
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 16:55   Link #2075
Forsaken_Infinity
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United States of America
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Forsaken_Infinity
Hmm...

Like I said way back, I am rather certain that Taichi loves Inaba and not Iori. He just misplaced his feelings a bit. Not too sure Iori really loves Taichi either. She wasn't even remotely serious last episode during that discussion with Inaba and she still doesn't trust him with her secrets. She is way more in love with Inaba if you ask me o_o

Iori is still definitely the darkest character and more than likely the one with the murkiest past (and present, if her phone calls and phony smiles right after were any indication) but holy shit that bit about Aoki, Nana and Yui caught me completely off guard.

It's kinda harsh but I couldn't care less about Yui's past ._. It's boring compared to the rest of them.

Oh and guys, remember Taichi's wise words that started off the show. Any real man (and honestly, woman), would choose both Iori and Inaba and not one or the either.

I was hoping I would see something interesting from the other two girls (meganekko class-rep and Yui and not imouto-chanx2) but meh they seem to be just stocks for now.
__________________
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 16:59   Link #2076
Lantern
<(゜∀。)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Oh and guys, remember Taichi's wise words that started off the show. Any real man (and honestly, woman), would choose both Iori and Inaba and not one or the either.
What he said. *gestures towards Forsaken*
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:01   Link #2077
Forsaken_Infinity
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: United States of America
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Forsaken_Infinity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
What he said. *gestures towards Forsaken*
:brofist: :grin:
__________________
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:45   Link #2078
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
this episode was awesome This Second #2 is a frakkin genius. His gimmick is a win simply for that bloody cute Inaban ...
* recovering my composure *

Again the premises are really interesting given the digging-up-the-past the gimmick has as a side effect. Or vice versa, physically turning back to a determinate age is the side effect to get your memories back vividly.
I have to admit I got surprised by Aoki, I had quite given up on him, so I'm glad they are exploring him too.
Speaking of Taichi, it is fun that even the HSs are acknowledging his "white knight" persona, but that should be (hopefully) a clear sign that the writers are handling him intentionally in this way and so it imply that they have something in mind more than let him be simply his wk persona.
Now to be honest I'd like to see some Iori development, because they has thrown hints here and there but never focused seriously on her character. And things seem to worsen for her thanks to this arc. First because I'm curious, secondly because her issues seems to be the more complex and difficult to handle so let explore it and thirdly because they need to balance or at least explain why she is holding back her feelings. The whole love triangle so far does not exist, given that they keep showing us how a good match Inaban and Taichi are (from the first arc up to date).
Inaban anyways is always awesome, in her "mum" version at the very start of the episode, in her child version and even when she is herself. I liked how they keep her traits, but giving them a positive light, making it clear that she has changed.
Ops, did I lost my composture again? damn Chibi Himeko
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 18:13   Link #2079
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Hmm...

Like I said way back, I am rather certain that Taichi loves Inaba and not Iori. He just misplaced his feelings a bit. Not too sure Iori really loves Taichi either. She wasn't even remotely serious last episode during that discussion with Inaba and she still doesn't trust him with her secrets. She is way more in love with Inaba if you ask me o_o

Iori is still definitely the darkest character and more than likely the one with the murkiest past (and present, if her phone calls and phony smiles right after were any indication) but holy shit that bit about Aoki, Nana and Yui caught me completely off guard.

It's kinda harsh but I couldn't care less about Yui's past ._. It's boring compared to the rest of them.

Oh and guys, remember Taichi's wise words that started off the show. Any real man (and honestly, woman), would choose both Iori and Inaba and not one or the either.

I was hoping I would see something interesting from the other two girls (meganekko class-rep and Yui and not imouto-chanx2) but meh they seem to be just stocks for now.
This. I Answered exactly that during the first episode, and when Taichi said that himself I lol'd.

That's the only true answer.

Arty
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 18:25   Link #2080
Sphire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well that's one possible angle, but I think what the story would be be aimming for is that one line that Aoki said to Taichi- "When did I stop loving her?"

I don't think Aoki was substituting Yui for Nana, but rather Aoki just stopped loving Nana altogether and it bothers him because that would mean that it's possible that one day he might stop loving Yui altogether as well without realizing it.
I may just be reading more into it, but what struck me and made me like the development, was that it's implied that everyone remembers certain future things, like the names of the STUCS group members, while in junior form. Knowing this, Aoki still referred to Yui as Nana. Possibly indicating that's how he actually sees her even as his normal self.

I'm also reminded of his confession and how he said he liked her from the moment he first saw her.

Of course, your point is valid too, and would be great to see portrayed. Will have to see how it goes.
__________________
Sphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.