AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 11 Rating
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 45 34.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 37 28.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 27 20.77%
7 out of 10 : Good... 7 5.38%
6 out of 10 : Average... 8 6.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.77%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.77%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 4 3.08%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-16, 12:45   Link #181
HandofFate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Episode 11 was a cute lovey dovey episode.

So turns out Kirito enjoys spicy foods.
Didn't expect a two-parter story here. But its interesting enough just seeing more of Asuna/Kirito's married life and how pretty everything is.
__________________
...
HandofFate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 12:57   Link #182
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to the novel:
Wow, umm that sounds terrible.

Spoiler for Reply to the novel comparison:


Can't wait to find out more about Yui though, threw some hypotheticals in an earlier page, let's see if I get any right :P. I've gotten mirai nikki correctly and some other guesses in other animes too, lets see if I'm able to get anything this time around ;X.

I almost got the mystery episode a way back too, was pretty proud of that :P
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 13:14   Link #183
Adigard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if there was some stupid twist at the end to combat the freeloader problem --> i.e. because too many people are not trying hard enough, there's not enough high-level people at the end to beat the game, and as a result, the top players have to wait for the low-players to grind through the game to the top level. Durrrrrrrrp, get pwnt!
whelp, in theory it'd add another 2+ years to the timetable... but comatose human bodies can probably only be maintained for so long in a hospital, so I'd imagine everyone would be dead before that happened. Of course that's probably part of the stress Asuna is suffering under, if we continue to assume she's running the boss clearing strategy meetings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
So what happens if there's a glitch where a boss on say level 82 = does not get hurt so is immortal? Which devs go in to fix this glitch? lawl
Modern day MMO's are rife with 0day bugs, and even a 30d Beta period wouldn't be enough to resolve them all. Back when SAO was written the bugs tended to be less prevalent (likely people spent more time and money ensuring their products were ready on release day... or maybe my memory is just that bad).

[mod edit: removed novel hint]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-16 at 13:30.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 13:30   Link #184
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
whelp, in theory it'd add another 2+ years to the timetable... but comatose human bodies can probably only be maintained for so long in a hospital, so I'd imagine everyone would be dead before that happened. Of course that's probably part of the stress Asuna is suffering under, if we continue to assume she's running the boss clearing strategy meetings.
People can remain alive in comas for decades. The longest on record is 37 years, I believe. The longest where someone actually woke up instead of dying was 19 years. Given that their brains are working fine and that brain damage is of course the usual reason for being in a coma, I don't think they're in much real risk on that side. There's no urgent time limit.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 13:36   Link #185
Craxuan
Crax
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: MY
Isn't it obvious? They've shown you from Episode 1 who is managing the entire SAO.
__________________
Craxuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 13:38   Link #186
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
whelp, in theory it'd add another 2+ years to the timetable... but comatose human bodies can probably only be maintained for so long in a hospital, so I'd imagine everyone would be dead before that happened. Of course that's probably part of the stress Asuna is suffering under, if we continue to assume she's running the boss clearing strategy meetings.



Modern day MMO's are rife with 0day bugs, and even a 30d Beta period wouldn't be enough to resolve them all. Back when SAO was written the bugs tended to be less prevalent (likely people spent more time and money ensuring their products were ready on release day... or maybe my memory is just that bad).

[mod edit: removed novel hint]
Not necessarily 2+ years as they would have high level players to lead them to tell them where to get the best look, where to raise their XP the highest, etc. Could be a lot quicker, as they don't need to clear each "boss" again, just a matter of XP grinding. Not sure how XP grinding works, but if they could protect these guys, but make them gain XP from the higher level monsters, then they could even level up faster.

As for the bugs, would just suck to be the case if they came across a boss that was invincible lol. Or has a sliver of HP left but still won't die no matter what you do. Would be terrible.

edit:
@craxuan: The creator might not be monitoring every single second of the game. What happens if you come across a boss like that and you have no way to pause the game and ask a GM to fix the problem? It's also a lot of work for one person to monitor and edit the game, and then the question arises, how come no one apprehends him and edits the game themselves? Another question, is he "stuck" in this game too? Or is he able to log out himself, and if that is also the case, why can't they overwrite the game system/coding and issue a patch such that others can wake up too, etc.
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 13:47   Link #187
Alucard24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
That Yui REALLY remind me of Aura from dot hack xD I'm pretty sure she's a part of the system (and I didn't read the novel) ....
Alucard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 13:48   Link #188
Znail
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnOfEridu View Post
As i wrote before, after the honeymoon, the baby. What i don't get is, why if in the last ep they got really intimate, now Asuna is back to "don't look" and "i'm embarrased to embrace you in my sexy lingerie". It doesn't ring true. Unless last ep. nothing happened. Or the studio wants us to believe that nothing happened. Yeah, SURE.
Embaressed of him seeing her lingere? I didn't catch any of that. She sulked a bit when it looked like he didn't want to go out and play with her. Well, she was a bit embaressed when she had talked to him while he was asleep, but that was about what she said, not what she wore. She did threaten to slap him if he peeked at her when she was lifting her skirt, but it looked more like a joke from her side.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 14:05   Link #189
Jinx999
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-16 at 20:13. Reason: Added spoiler tag
Jinx999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 16:50   Link #190
Julio C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Santa Barbara
Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Yui distorting space like that makes me think that she is not a real player. Either that or she has the ability to manipulate the game.
__________________
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 16:57   Link #191
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
...What about the fact that she doesn't have a cursor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Weren't you saying their expense came from maintaining their gear? Wouldn't noob gear be a lot cheaper than high level one?


They had one elite team (out of the hundreds of them) who could do that.
To the first: Not necessarily. I don't know how gear maintenance works in this game. but seeing how these guys are apparently very prone to getting their asses handed to them, they might need to maintain their gear more often.

To the second, whether that team are the only ones or not is an assumption, not necessarily a bad assumption, assumption. But then again, the Army's needs for funding has to come from -somewhere-. Besides, assuming for a second that they're the only ones, if these guys get their asses handed to them as often as I think, their repair bills must be through the roof. Not to mention all the consumables they'd end up wasting.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:11   Link #192
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
They get their asses kicked when they try to tangle with level 70+ mobs or 80+ players. They usually deal with level 1. (The latter explaining the former...)

As for the resources: like any other guild, they probably farm mobs and the like. They're the only ones left in the lower levels who'd do that. The others either moved to higher pastures, or are too scared of the game and are just waiting to be rescued.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:14   Link #193
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They get their asses kicked when they try to tangle with level 70+ mobs or 80+ players. They usually deal with level 1. (The latter explaining the former...)
Don't judged a girl by her super kawaii dress... or else....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:36   Link #194
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They get their asses kicked when they try to tangle with level 70+ mobs or 80+ players. They usually deal with level 1. (The latter explaining the former...)
Your other assumptions are okay, but there's no reason to assume they'd hunt level 1 monsters.

Their base is on the ground floor, but in a game where distance is completely meaningless, I see no reason to assume they'd hunt level 1 monsters.


Or that they actually bother to hunt monsters for materials and cash when they can just extort it.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:37   Link #195
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They get their asses kicked when they try to tangle with level 70+ mobs or 80+ players. They usually deal with level 1. (The latter explaining the former...)

As for the resources: like any other guild, they probably farm mobs and the like. They're the only ones left in the lower levels who'd do that. The others either moved to higher pastures, or are too scared of the game and are just waiting to be rescued.
Aren't the mobs at least on low levels limited? The did have the whole mad doo dah about that when the show started....
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:38   Link #196
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It's an exaggeration to say they stick to level 1 mobs, but they're known to stay only in the lowest levels. That's why level 1 is their territory, but level 22 (where Kirito and Asuna live) isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Aren't the mobs at least on low levels limited? The did have the whole mad doo dah about that when the show started....
They respawn. Not fast enough for thousands of players all farming at the same spots, but all those guys have moved on.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:40   Link #197
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's an exaggeration to say they stick to level 1 mobs, but they're known to stay only in the lowest levels. That's why level 1 is their territory, but level 22 (where Kirito and Asuna live) isn't.
I see no reason to assume there is any relation between the location of their base, and the floors they usually quest at.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:40   Link #198
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Aren't the mobs at least on low levels limited? The did have the whole mad doo dah about that when the show started....
They're limited by respawn timers. It's only a major problem in the initial rush from a new game being released (or a new patch for an old game). All the players are gathered in the same place, so they kill the monsters faster than they respawn. This gives a huge advantage to the people who get there first since everyone else is stuck around waiting and fighting for mobs (it becomes a race of who can react faster and attack the monsters first). Over time, people's levels naturally spread out more so it becomes a non-issue. It certainly shouldn't matter 2 years later.

This is sort of a commonsense thing for people who've played MMOs on release day.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:45   Link #199
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Your other assumptions are okay, but there's no reason to assume they'd hunt level 1 monsters.

Their base is on the ground floor, but in a game where distance is completely meaningless, I see no reason to assume they'd hunt level 1 monsters.

Or that they actually bother to hunt monsters for materials and cash when they can just extort it.
It's seriously damn weird how the Army's extorting stuff from people who probably can't even kill a Boar to earn Col. If ever, I think what they're doing is simply terrorizing.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 17:50   Link #200
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
It's seriously damn weird how the Army's extorting stuff from people who probably can't even kill a Boar to earn Col. If ever, I think what they're doing is simply terrorizing.
They probably thought, Orphanage receive money from donations....

*Guess no one donates in the Army's Crusade... ahahaha
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.