AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 11 Rating
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 45 34.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 37 28.46%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 27 20.77%
7 out of 10 : Good... 7 5.38%
6 out of 10 : Average... 8 6.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.77%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.77%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 4 3.08%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-16, 17:55   Link #201
Rayrah
Femme Fatale
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
I'm very happy that this arc is a two-parter. I loved Kirito and Asuna's interactions in the novels.

Asuna and Kirito make such an adorably awesome couple. They're probably one of my favourite couples in anime/light novels. And after throwing Yui into the mix, who just happens to be so utterly adorable with her 'Mama' and 'Papa', we get a charming little family. More, please <3

Man, I know I've said it before, but Asuna is frighteningly beautiful when she's angry.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 18:43   Link #202
Adigard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
This is sort of a commonsense thing for people who've played MMOs on release day.
It does remind me of the complaints from the first ep thread about that topic... but yes, anyone who's ever played a new MMO on day one, or expansion on day one, or even read about one should understand.

You routinely get hordes of people doing the exact same things, because that's exactly how theme park MMO's lead people to the next thing to do, and you get these terrible queues of people lining up and waiting for that one quest mob to re-spawn, so it can be killed. It's fairly possible things didn't work that way in SAO with the fear of death (also because it obviously isn't that type of MMO), but I'm willing to bet the fields outside the starter city were pretty bad on day one... and once someone dies to a NPC mob... it's all going downhill fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
It's seriously damn weird how the Army's extorting stuff from people who probably can't even kill a Boar to earn Col. If ever, I think what they're doing is simply terrorizing.
The kids they had cornered there had arms and amor... seems fairly likely they caught them on their way back to meeting up with their sensei after doing some low-level farming, and wanted their cut and alllll~ those back 'taxes' too. Probably in the form of the little girls clothes...
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 19:34   Link #203
Kamui04
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
It does remind me of the complaints from the first ep thread about that topic... but yes, anyone who's ever played a new MMO on day one, or expansion on day one, or even read about one should understand.
And guess release day preparations and infrastruture are better than now, since they didn't get an Error 37 when everyone tried to log in on Nov. 1 2022 at 1pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
The kids they had cornered there had arms and amor... seems fairly likely they caught them on their way back to meeting up with their sensei after doing some low-level farming, and wanted their cut and alllll~ those back 'taxes' too. Probably in the form of the little girls clothes...
And it was mentioned that they should turn the other cheek around and let the Army do as they please. But what are they going to do if they give away all their money and equipment? How are they supposed to get back on their feet when their tools for farming are taken away? Other option woudl be to do go & fetch quest inside the starting city, but when the Army thugs are terrorizing the streets?
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 20:32   Link #204
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
This is another note to novel readers; it seems I have to do one every week.

Do not engage in speculative talk about elements where you already know the exact answer.

We have two speculation threads; one for novel readers, and one for anime-only readers. Please use those as appropriate. Fake speculation by novel readers in anime threads will be treated like a spoiler and subject to bans, whether you give away the "right answer" or not (because the staff and I don't want to be spoiled to look it up). Also, novel readers who willingly reply to spoilers and inappropriate speculation will also be subject to bans. Please just report it and do not reply.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 21:24   Link #205
GundamZZ
残念美人
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
How about non-novel readers who pretend to be the novel reader?
For example,
Spoiler for Gintama style:
__________________
流麗のヒステリア Hysteria of flowing beautifully
三つ腕のリヒティ Lichty of three arms
重剣のクロエ Chloe of giant sword
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 21:29   Link #206
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
How about non-novel readers who pretend to be the novel reader?
For example,
Spoiler for Gintama style:
If you make me legitimately doubt whether or not you're posting spoilers, and you end up getting banned for it, don't come crying to me saying it was a joke. At least use an emoticon so everyone'll get that it's sarcasm...
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 22:10   Link #207
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
I don't get it. Asuna just proved that you can't do jack in terms of actual harm to other players in towns right? She was only able to blow that douche away because she was so massively OP in comparison. IIRC there's also some 'harassment' function wherein if someone touches you or whatnot against your will you can just push a button and report them. So how did this situation ever end up happening?

I suppose it's another story if you get put on some sort of blacklist and are hunted down when you're out farming, but as far as I can tell there's no problems with the Army on the PK front. So is pretty much everyone in the start town just a pushover?
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 22:23   Link #208
dark998
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Age: 31
Fairly slow paced episode after the last two but still nice thanks to the COPIOUS amounts of OTP and the introduction of the mysterious Yui. Human? NPC? Wired ghost? [mod edit: removed hints at future content]
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 22:25   Link #209
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I don't get it. Asuna just proved that you can't do jack in terms of actual harm to other players in towns right? She was only able to blow that douche away because she was so massively OP in comparison. IIRC there's also some 'harassment' function wherein if someone touches you or whatnot against your will you can just push a button and report them. So how did this situation ever end up happening?

I suppose it's another story if you get put on some sort of blacklist and are hunted down when you're out farming, but as far as I can tell there's no problems with the Army on the PK front. So is pretty much everyone in the start town just a pushover?
Pretty much, yes.

Spoiler for Light novel infomation and elaboration:
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 22:26   Link #210
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
IIRC there's also some 'harassment' function wherein if someone touches you or whatnot against your will you can just push a button and report them. So how did this situation ever end up happening?
Well, I think the automated harassment feature only works if they actually touch you; note that the army goons weren't touching anyone, they were just intimidating them. That itself doesn't seem to trigger the warning system. It's not as if you can report someone who is annoying you and have a GM listen to your case or something (as happens in most MMOs I've played).

But I wonder if Asuna's attacks, though they caused no damage, did trigger the Harassment system? But I suppose they might have figured that, if they actually tried to report her, it could have consequences down the road?
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 22:35   Link #211
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I think the automated harassment feature only works if they actually touch you; note that the army goons weren't touching anyone, they were just intimidating them. That itself doesn't seem to trigger the warning system. It's not as if you can report someone who is annoying you and have a GM listen to your case or something (as happens in most MMOs I've played).
Pretty much, yeah, as I mentioned above.

Quote:
But I wonder if Asuna's attacks, though they caused no damage, did trigger the Harassment system? But I suppose they might have figured that, if they actually tried to report her, it could have consequences down the road?
Spoiler for Light novel additional info:
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.


Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-16 at 22:37. Reason: Please put ALL novel comparisons inside spoiler tags
Wild Goose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 22:41   Link #212
Krono
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I don't get it. Asuna just proved that you can't do jack in terms of actual harm to other players in towns right? She was only able to blow that douche away because she was so massively OP in comparison. IIRC there's also some 'harassment' function wherein if someone touches you or whatnot against your will you can just push a button and report them. So how did this situation ever end up happening?
You can't walk through a player's avatar in SAO. Get a bunch of people together on a narrow street and you can block the way and surround them to keep them from going anywhere. They aren't touching them, much less in a way that would trigger the anti-harassment system, so that's out. Being punched or stabbed in the face is still frightening and unpleasant even though it doesn't hurt, or reduce HP. Short of having the strength stat to jump over, or force your way through, you're stuck there until they let you go. Which is inconvenient, especially as time passes, and you get tired and hungry. The blockers don't mind, as they have enough to rotate people out for food and rest. Boredom isn't a problem for them either, as they're likely doing this for entertainment as much as they are for risk free money.


Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
But I wonder if Asuna's attacks, though they caused no damage, did trigger the Harassment system? But I suppose they might have figured that, if they actually tried to report her, it could have consequences down the road?
Spoiler for Answer from the light novels:

Last edited by Krono; 2012-09-16 at 22:54.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 22:55   Link #213
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I don't get it. Asuna just proved that you can't do jack in terms of actual harm to other players in towns right? She was only able to blow that douche away because she was so massively OP in comparison. IIRC there's also some 'harassment' function wherein if someone touches you or whatnot against your will you can just push a button and report them. So how did this situation ever end up happening?

I suppose it's another story if you get put on some sort of blacklist and are hunted down when you're out farming, but as far as I can tell there's no problems with the Army on the PK front. So is pretty much everyone in the start town just a pushover?
Spoiler for Parody:
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 22:56   Link #214
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Spoiler for Parody:
By the way, a number of people have posted this (and similar) now, but isn't there a pretty damn good chance that this will be discussed/revealed in the next episode? Future event spoilers are forbidden in anime episode threads.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 23:00   Link #215
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
By the way, a number of people have posted this (and similar) now, but isn't there a pretty damn good chance that this will be discussed/revealed in the next episode? Future event spoilers are forbidden in anime episode threads.
That the army uses bad shoujo manga as its training manual? That would be quite a twist.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 23:03   Link #216
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
That the army uses bad shoujo manga as its training manual? That would be quite a twist.
Well, a number of people have posted extremely similar explanations before (shoujo manga parody aside). As I said before, don't make me guess if you're posting spoilers or not; I'll err on the side of caution.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 00:13   Link #217
supermegasonic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
End Card, GET!!!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YES, this is awesome thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
That end card is hilarious. I've liked all the other end cards with various beautiful takes on the characters, but this one... wait for it... takes the cake...

*everyone falls over*
o you....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
LOL fast pregnancy.
KNEW someone was gonna say this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
So Asuna wants to go out and "play" but Kirito's exhausted from two straight days of "playing" with her. Asuna, you dog. And where anyone can see.
even kirito has to get some rest to you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
That the army uses bad shoujo manga as its training manual? That would be quite a twist.
o wow
__________________
supermegasonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 00:51   Link #218
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
...with Asuna's years of cooking research...she probably made tea with the same effect of viagra...
...so Kirito is good to go...no problems...

...even better...they can just make their own guild to finish the game...mass production...
...romantic and pragmatic...
...the system works...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 01:13   Link #219
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
...with Asuna's years of cooking research...she probably made tea with the same effect of viagra...
...so Kirito is good to go...no problems...

...even better...they can just make their own guild to finish the game...mass production...
...romantic and pragmatic...
...the system works...
lol it could be a great fanfic, but why is it in this thread?

Anyway, does anyone notice how they simply jumped through the Army guys? Is there a Jump skill? Or do you need to simply have the right amount of STR to jump that high?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 01:29   Link #220
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
DEX, I think. Unless there's an AGI stat, but I don't think so.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.