AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-20, 03:45   Link #1
Zexas

Rain

Old 2013-03-25, 19:12   Link #2
Zexas

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Throughout the game you will be challenged to think ahead and plan your movements to advance. For example, when you direct the boy underneath cover, he will disappear from enemy view, or to draw enemies away from your path you may need step into the rain to become visible or can pick up items to taunt them.

“The world of rain is full of ‘uncertainty’, and as you play through the boy will experience both a sense of fear and excitement as he explores the unknown world. Told through an artistic approach to narration, Rain’s expressive sounds, those of rainfall and splashing water, combined with this otherworldly tale is designed to awaken the sense of uncertainty and solitude inherent in every player as well.”
Old 2013-03-25, 20:03   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching

Im on my phone right now so I can't see the video but essentially a new survival horror?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 03:27   Link #4
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Im on my phone right now so I can't see the video but essentially a new survival horror?
Well, as far as I saw it's not a horror, but it sure is psychological.
You appear on the rain, although transparent and disappear/become invisible if not.
Not to mention that you are being hunted and that the sound of rain is heard through the whole time, hehe.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 09:56   Link #5
Vigo
too lazy to post

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...perfect-storm/

Quote:
Ikeda explains: "The concept of Rain is 'uncertainty'. In this game the main character, a boy, gets lost one night. He doesn't just get lost - he also finds himself turned invisible. He strides into an unusual world... one completely opposite of what he's familiar with.

"When you got lost as a child you felt alone, anxious and scared. But at the same time you felt something else... the excitement and curiosity of an unfamiliar place. Rain is trying to evoke the exact same feelings; the fear and curiosity of an unfamiliar world."
Quote:
The game's director describes this as a simple system allowing for stealth style gameplay. Rain's protagonist cannot attack, so when faced by the threat of invisible monsters or environmental puzzles, the player must use other means to overcome their challenges.

In one scene we're shown, our Hollow Man hero must escape pursuing monsters by dashing to the nearest cover, thus causing his silhouette to vanish, and transparent critters to wonder off confused.

More strategic hide-and-seek gameplay is also hinted, with sections involving patrolling enemies and spaced out patches of cover requiring players to dash between safe zones at exactly the right moment, or even use deep puddles to distract foes with a loud splash.

With every step a deeper layer of story is revealed via on-screen text, and the appearance of another invisible person - a girl - hints that narrative will be key in the final game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...feel-uncertain

Quote:
Dispelling any confusion, Ikeda said Rain is not a horror game. Instead, it's "artistic". There's a great sense of mystery, too, which is deliberate. Players will discover what the monsters are, who the girl is and why the main character turned invisible in the first place as the story unfolds.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 08:59   Link #6
Zexas

YouTube
Old 2013-05-31, 10:26   Link #7
Zexas

YouTube
Old 2013-05-31, 10:59   Link #8
Soliloquy
Perpetually Nonchalant

I like this game, just what I expect from Sony In-house.