AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-18, 01:42   Link #4881
LadyRelena
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
If you wish to disregard it, then do so. Even if it were to be animated and set in stone that this is GW's continuation, you can still say you're a fan of the former but not the latter. I really see no problem with that. It's your personal preference.
As of now, FT may hold more credentials than other additions to the GW universe since it's written by the head writer (as hard as it is to believe that) but for Bandai/Sunrise it's not canon as long as it's not animated.
And to be honest, I'm not sure if FT is really that popular. Most of the West probably doesn't even know about it still and after an initial bout of Heero battle-nun pics, Pixiv doesn't seem too flooded either. I could of course be mistaken but thinking back on how entire shelves were dedicated to only 1x2 yaoi doujin (which Garfield only knows came from, since the show never dropped so much as a hint toward that), FT seems to be doing modestly in comparison.
Personally, I'm interested to know if the people who buy the books are GW fans or just casual readers. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think your understanding of the novel won't suffer much if you haven't watched the series. Who knows, it might even make it easier.
Well, the only reason FT's officiality bothers me is because I don't want this sires to end up like George Lucas and his Star Wars fiasco. If FT were made official tomorrow, we're basically being forced by the creators to see this story as true in the universe; meaning both GW and FT would be equally valid as if one were just a seamless extension of the other. When creators of media try to shove that sort of crap down the collective throats of their fans, not only does it poison the proverbial well for the sires and it's entirety, but it insults our intelligence in the process.

Also, my fear is, if Frozen Teardrop gains enough of a fanbase behind it, it's canonization could come to fruition. And that angers me for the reasons stated above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
how entire shelves were dedicated to only 1x2 yaoi doujin (which Garfield only knows came from, since the show never dropped so much as a hint toward that)
I know I'm going off topic here but you have no idea how reassuring it makes me feel that someone else sees how utterly crack 1x2 really are. When I started seeing doujinshi of them popping up everywhere in the 90's, the first thing I said to myself was "Where the fuck did this come from?"
__________________

Last edited by LadyRelena; 2012-09-18 at 02:09.
LadyRelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 02:05   Link #4882
Se7en Sabers
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
So, is FT a bad sequel ?

Sorry for not being well informed on this topic but I wasn't aware of its existence until now

But, I can see it is not actually canon, is it ?

Is there a summary of the story somewhere ?
Se7en Sabers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 02:19   Link #4883
LadyRelena
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sabers View Post
So, is FT a bad sequel ?
Well I can't speak for others but for me - yes it's bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sabers View Post
Sorry for not being well informed on this topic but I wasn't aware of its existence until now
Probably for the better. You should check it out for the awesome artwork though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sabers View Post
But, I can see it is not actually canon, is it
For now I don't think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sabers View Post
Is there a summary of the story somewhere ?
I think that might be on the first page of this topic but I'm not sure on that. Other people know more then me on here.
__________________
LadyRelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 06:02   Link #4884
Se7en Sabers
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
All right, thanks a lot for your answer

Still, I've just read the few previous pages of this topic and I'm under the impression that we always talk about Heero, Relena and Duo....

What happens to Dorothy ? Zechs ? Lucrezia ?
Se7en Sabers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 06:05   Link #4885
susyia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brazil
the only things that make me believe it's not canon are the pictures how are beautiful i'm reaallyy afraid how the end will be .......and still i don't understand why make quatre II a girl really why not wufei or duo or trowa
and such a bitch girl.... annoying
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 06:13   Link #4886
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Well, it makes sense since so many assumed Quatre was just an underdeveloped girl for the longest time and he was shipped hard with any of the Wing boys at any given time.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 06:30   Link #4887
susyia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brazil
no no no youre wrong he was who most suffered.... he lost his father... did stupid things like blow up a colony or 2 i don't remember.... almost killed trowa... the 5 he was the most crazy one .... and the smart one
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 07:40   Link #4888
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
That has nothing to do with the fact that he was heavily shipped for yaoi with all the wing boys. Understandable since he was the one that was the most caring of the group and tried to get everyone to work together.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 07:46   Link #4889
gordol
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Patiently waiting for Deacon's remaining translation of the last chapter battle against the Virgo III
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 08:09   Link #4890
Se7en Sabers
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Are characters like Dorothy, Noin and Zechs being developed or not ? Or even mentioned ?
Se7en Sabers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 11:52   Link #4891
Tendou Souji
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sabers View Post
Are characters like Dorothy, Noin and Zechs being developed or not ? Or even mentioned ?
Dorothy is the head of Earth iirc. Noin is Relena's bodyguard. Zechs was going after Neuenheim Konzern so he left his daughter with Duo to stay at the orphanage. He came back for her a bit later. He showed up recently to help Heero and the others but left afterwards.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 16:59   Link #4892
FARFORA
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Hello I've been following you guys for a long time now and read all the post on this forum
thank you so much for all the hard work ... thank you
BIG kiss to Deacon Blues <3 ...
your discussions were amazing...
I would like to give my simple opinion about FT.. I once read that their will be a novel for GW and i got too excited becoz i adoreeeee the anime .. but then got to busy with life and university till 2-3 months ago when I re watched the GW series and felt so hungry for more of the GW boys and the anime so i surfed on the internet that was when I came across the FT novel and was so excited and read it ... there were many chapters waiting for me to read so i was super happy but couldnt find the other chapters and thats how i ended uo here on this awesome forum and read it all in 3 days AND now iam a loyal follower for all the post and updates ... iam sure many others are like me over there

anyway .. the reason why i decided to sign up is becoz i wanna give my opinion about the novel...

reading over 17 chapter or so so far without stopping was a great experience i enjoyed it so much and didnt have time to stop and think of the flows in the story, i liked the flash backs so much, they made me think newly about the GW in a good way ...
my mind was splitted in to two :
A- GW without FT
B-GW with FT
and i like it that way ...

and I agree with you guys you have a point :

the new GW kids are a copy of the old GW boys ! that is still weird for me !!
and the funny part is that the ones "Heero , Relena" who didnt get kids who look like this in the MARs arc have copies in the past "the laderl heero yuy, Katrina+sabrine" !!
but somehow I wanna give this a chance its kinda also interesting ... but depends on how this will continue "FT i mean "

in the EW movie at the end it was said that mobile suits and gundams were never seen again .. so why are their mobile suits again ? and thats why i kinda think of FT as another world for GW series

Heero and Relena, I dont like the whole story becoming another twilight story ... oh please...
i loved it when they made me wonder if heero really loved relena and if relena really loved heero it was a yes and no for me and that made me excited ... but now is ahhhh

i also dont like them being this connected.... but somehow also I didnt mind it, the parts about their past was really great for me, reading about heero's "my fav *__*" childhood was amazing i kept smiling like an idiot the whole time ..

there are so many to tell about FT, but i think if it got the chance to be animated it would make a great anime for sure, but on one condition : they should not allow sumisawa to interfere with it and they should add some sense in to some parts ...

but honestly I wouldve liked it more if they continued it with preventer 5 and not 30 year into the future, i still find the idea of heero and relena getin frozen a bit cheesy ..

and also, reading the whole novel in few days was great, but ive been waiting for so long for the 17 and the 18th chapter that made me really bored ...

as i said ... the novel made me have a split in personality... but i like it and would keep reading it wishing it will make perfect sense in the end ...

oh and I like the leader Heero yuy he was a really weird man I LIKED HIM

ohhh anyway ... thank you for the hard work everyone love you all and please keep going
FARFORA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 19:47   Link #4893
Tendou Souji
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
I sure do hope the reason we are getting such a short volume is because they are including a ton of art including line art.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-18, 23:47   Link #4894
DuoRanger
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
That has nothing to do with the fact that he was heavily shipped for yaoi with all the wing boys. Understandable since he was the one that was the most caring of the group and tried to get everyone to work together.
Heero and Duo and Duo and Wufei is worse because of the fanfics, and unfortunatelly most girl fandom hates Hilde because she screwed with their Yaoi dreams

and it looks like sumizawa its trying to break this in FT

offtopic:
Spoiler:
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 05:29   Link #4895
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Yea, poor Hilde was under fire for getting with Duo. I'm sure spiteful fans were pretty happy when Duo dropped her for a broken down bike and left her in debt.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 12:53   Link #4896
susyia
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Brazil
yeah but it's kind of sad that nobody is happy all 5 still miserable
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 16:47   Link #4897
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Lets not forget that while SEED Destiny has alot of haters even in Japan it is also hugely popular yet the story is even worse then Frozen Teardrops and the characters are some of the worst this meta verse has ever had.
Destiny may have been crap but I really don't think the story was worse than FT's. It's pretty hard to beat something that features freezing characters, fighting via virtual piano playing and enemy suits called "Merciless Fairies" while taking itself seriously.
But I can't argue with the characters part. The FTs may be clones with silly back stories and questionable natures but they sure never danced off cliffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRelena View Post
Well, the only reason FT's officiality bothers me is because I don't want this sires to end up like George Lucas and his Star Wars fiasco. If FT were made official tomorrow, we're basically being forced by the creators to see this story as true in the universe; meaning both GW and FT would be equally valid as if one were just a seamless extension of the other. When creators of media try to shove that sort of crap down the collective throats of their fans, not only does it poison the proverbial well for the sires and it's entirety, but it insults our intelligence in the process.
I know what you mean. I'd be irked, too, if FT became canon. But I stand by my point. If it happens, I'll do what people did with Seed Destiny: pretend it doesn't exist.
Though I'm sure if they did animate it, a lot of the crazy would go. And the placing of the flashbacks would be different (if they'd be included at all). Because if FT was animated as it is now, it'd be a horrible series. You can't call something a sequel only to kill it with a boatload of episodes about the past. Which don't seem that important to the present story anyway.

Quote:
I know I'm going off topic here but you have no idea how reassuring it makes me feel that someone else sees how utterly crack 1x2 really are.
I think most people acknowledge by now that 1x2 is crack. The yaoi fans I've seen have said they're well aware nothing of the sort was ever hinted at in the show and that they only do it because it's fun.
Though looking at recent fanfics which have Duo being a vampire and wanting to seduce farmer girl Hilde or Relena freaking out and screaming like a madwoman because there's a little spider in her room and requiring Heero to "rescue" her... makes me think most stuff is crack. :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well, it makes sense since so many assumed Quatre was just an underdeveloped girl for the longest time and he was shipped hard with any of the Wing boys at any given time.
I think you're talking about Duo. Quatre only ever got paired with Trowa. You'll rarely find him with someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sabers View Post
Are characters like Dorothy, Noin and Zechs being developed or not ? Or even mentioned ?
To add to what has been said, FT doesn't offer much in the future for those characters (namely Dorothy and Noin) but talks a bit about them in the time before the series.
You should check out the Gundam wikia on FT and the individual character sheets. There should be all you wish to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
Heero and Duo and Duo and Wufei is worse because of the fanfics, and unfortunately most girl fandom hates Hilde because she screwed with their Yaoi dreams

and it looks like sumizawa its trying to break this in FT
If he is, he's doing a pretty poor job. That and I don't think Hilde got much flak. People were way too busy making up all sorts of different ways to kill Relena to give Hilde much thought. Relena is not the poster girl for "Die For Our Ship" for nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
yeah but it's kind of sad that nobody is happy all 5 still miserable
This. This is exactly what bothers me. Messed up childhoods are fine and dandy and so is character development, but to make every single one of the old pilots such a drama queen is freaking irritating.
Trowa goes all his life without a family and a name until he finally finds his sister. You'd think he'd be the happiest man in the Earth Sphere knowing he is Triton Bloom, right? But nooo, he has to have Golly knows what problems... And Quatre, poor thing, found out he killed his mom, who was probably going to die anyway because it makes no freaking sense that someone would kill herself just to bear a child and leave 30 kids without their mother. And so he's never going to love anyone. Boohoo! And Heero, the poor chap, is now related to Trant Clark. ...okay, he's excused.

Anyway, color pic from chapter 15:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 18:06   Link #4898
Tendou Souji
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Well Trowa isn't really miserable. Neither is Wufei. Quatre got drunk and spilled his soul but he isn't that miserable either. Duo is the only one who is truly leading a miserable life. Heero didn't really live but having to kill Relena probably has him miserable but we know he wont do it.

Something people need to realize is that Unicorn had terrible writing too. You see the OVA(Which isn't that good btw) and think it is all dandy but the novel really wasn't great. Most Gundam novels have bad writing because writers love to add on back stories and things. Unicorn had prostitution, literal clones, incest and all kinds of crazy things. If FT is adapted it will be into OVA. If that happens it will be fixed up. Unicorn novel and OVA are very different. Most of the flashbacks will be left out. Most aren't important to the main story. The early Trieze stuff doesn't matter right now. The Katrina stuff will probably be shortened.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 22:57   Link #4899
LadyRelena
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Though I'm sure if they did animate it, a lot of the crazy would go. And the placing of the flashbacks would be different (if they'd be included at all). Because if FT was animated as it is now, it'd be a horrible series. You can't call something a sequel only to kill it with a boatload of episodes about the past. Which don't seem that important to the present story anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Something people need to realize is that Unicorn had terrible writing too. You see the OVA(Which isn't that good btw) and think it is all dandy but the novel really wasn't great. Most Gundam novels have bad writing because writers love to add on back stories and things. Unicorn had prostitution, literal clones, incest and all kinds of crazy things. If FT is adapted it will be into OVA. If that happens it will be fixed up. Unicorn novel and OVA are very different. Most of the flashbacks will be left out. Most aren't important to the main story. The early Trieze stuff doesn't matter right now. The Katrina stuff will probably be shortened.
You have to remember that Gundam Unicorn was it's own entity while FT is going off something already established. And how often is it that prequels/sequels actually take the source material and make it better and/or stay within continuity in any genera? Also, if their going to fix FT they might as well just rewrite the whole thing from scratch since it's generally bad from the very first prolog. And lastly, even if they did manage to make a credible story based sequel, I wouldn't care because I don't need another adventure where Earth and Space are on the brink of war. We did that once already and we don't need to do it again.

Here are some good ideas - if they want to get people into the sires again, how about animating the Episode Zero mangas along with Blind Target. I can't remember how long I've wanted those to become an official part if the TV the series. Not only would the origin stories of main characters be more widely known (because not everyone read the mangas) but it would also put an end to the "Is Heero x Relena canon" debate forever. Maybe they could even change the animated Blind Target so that Midi Une is the one that approaches Trowa from his past instead of some random guy named Ralph, who was never once seen or mentioned in his EZ backstory. It would make a hell of a lot more sense.

Another possibility is that they could remake the original series with minor changes to the story - like maybe inserting manga material like this fucking awesome scene right here.

Spoiler for ":


However, if they had to twist my arm and make a sequel of some kind, I would personally, like to see separate OVA's where they show each Gundam pilot after 4 or 5 years and tie up the loose ends in their personal lives/relationships. Sort of like the last episode of Gundam 08th MS team (read or watch it if you don't already know about it. Good show)

I would be extremely amused to see how an actual romance between Dorothy and Quatre would work out (just for the lolz). Some clarification on Wufei and Sally's relationship would be sort of nice too. And I would pay good money to see Trowa x Midi Une happen in the canon material; don't know how it would work but I would love to see it. Midi was such a missed opportunity and so was Sylvia Noventa to a lesser extent.

I guess the point I'm making here is, he obviously wants to "revive an already dead sires" so why not use material he already has instead of destroying whats there with an entirely new plot and clone characters. It just seems stupid to me.
__________________

Last edited by LadyRelena; 2012-09-20 at 23:27.
LadyRelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 02:14   Link #4900
Purdys99
Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRelena View Post
Here are some good ideas - if they want to get people into the sires again, how about animating the Episode Zero mangas along with Blind Target. I can't remember how long I've wanted those to become an official part if the TV the series. Not only would the origin stories of main characters be more widely known (because not everyone read the mangas) but it would also put an end to the "Is Heero x Relena canon" debate forever. Maybe they could even change the animated Blind Target so that Midi Une is the one that approaches Trowa from his past instead of some random guy named Ralph, who was never once seen or mentioned in his EZ backstory. It would make a hell of a lot more sense.
Omg, what I wouldn't do to see Blind Target and Ep zero being animated. I'd also opt for Ground Zero as well! I love Ground Zero b/c it has so much interaction b/t the Gundam pilots (minus Wufei whose really only in one scene; by that time, he had already joined the Barton Foundation). It has a lot of character development and also mixed in a lot of humor which I think the series desperately needed @_@. I mean lighten up, even Evangelion had time to crack a joke here and there.

While an exploration of Trowa and Midii would be nice, I kinda liked Ralph Kurt and his sister Chris. I liked how Trowa was able to relate to him due to their love for their sisters and that Ralph was able to get under Quatre's skin. Also, I always thought it would make an interesting/entertaining character study if he and Relena (who he totally hated) suddenly developed a sort of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRelena View Post
However, if they had to twist my arm and make a sequel of some kind, I would personally, like to see separate OVA's where they show each Gundam pilot after 4 or 5 years and tie up the loose ends in their personal lives/relationships. Sort of like the last episode of Gundam 08th MS team (read or watch it if you don't already know about it. Good show)
That I would also like

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRelena View Post
I would be extremely amused to see how an actual romance between Dorothy and Quatre would work out (just for the lolz). Some clarification on Wufei and Sally's relationship would be sort of nice too. And I would pay good money to see Trowa x Midi Une happen in the canon material; don't know how it would work but I would love to see it. Midi was such a missed opportunity and so was Sylvia Noventa to a lesser extent.
I would love to see a Dorothy and Quatre relationship! I know there is absolutely nothing to go on when it comes to evidence but their one scene together was just filled was so much drama and tension. Their scene together even had some great buildup towards it; how they were the two masterminds controlling zero. LOVED it. These two would have great chemistry, romantic or not; I would just want to see these two together again. Even if it was just a friendship, but laced w/ a lot of innuendo, that would be awesomeXD!

As for Wufei and Sally, I'm sorry but I NEVER understood why ppl want them together so much o.O. Though they did have a few scenes together, they had ZERO chemistry whatsoever and I never got any vibe from the writers that these two were attracted to each other. It just never made any sense to me. The fact that Dorothy and Quatre with their ONE fight scene had more chemistry than all of Wufei and Sally's scenes put together says something. I purely believe that their relationship is 100% platonic and that if all of a sudden they were together, it would just feel so contrived to me. These two would make for interesting character interaction, but NOT a romantic one.

Though Trowa and Midii would be nice to see, for some reason, I feel I could live w/o this one. If Midii were to return, I would want the writers to handle their relationship as delicately as possible. However their relationship would be so interesting, I'd fear it mind overwhelm the whole series. lol.

I would also love to see an antagonistic friendship out of Relena and Dorothy. Omg, their scenes together were so awesome and yet their potential was never fully realized. Dorothy is like the Moriarty to Relena's Holmes. The Batman to Relena's Superman. They can be rivals, friends, and colleagues all into one. The second coming of Treize and Zechs but guuuuh! Nothing came of it.>.< So frustrating. Those darn writer don't know how to write women!>.<


Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRelena View Post
I guess the point I'm making here is, he obviously wants to "revive an already dead sires" so why not use material he already has instead of destroying whats there with an entirely new plot and clone characters. It just seems stupid to me.
Couldn't have said it better myself
Purdys99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gundam wing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.