AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-12-16, 19:27   Link #1
skylinehk86

Stuck!!!

somthin weird is happining after allocating my Bt doest move..its jsut stuck there...can some help me out if uneeed some more info jsut post.....
skylinehk86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 12:42   Link #2
raggy

I am having the same problem. It would download the file for like maybe 5 min. or so and then it would pause there. The file would just be stuck there. The only way I could get it going is to cancel it and then redownload it.
raggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 12:51   Link #3
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Are there any seeds or peers also downloading / uploading? Does any error message appear? Does it stay at eth 'connecting to peers' stage or does it go onto working / downloading (whatever its called) ?
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 15:27   Link #4
lilitu93

I'm having the same problem, though mainly with one torrent (Sailor Stars 3). I've had it before off and on, but this torrent is especially problematic. It goes fine for between 5-20 minutes or so, then it just stops. The time connected stops moving as well, so it's not just a lull in downloading. If I pause it, it doesn't try to start up again. If I cancel it and start it again, it works for a while until it "freezes" again.

It's been happening off and on for a while, but it's only recently that it's been this bad--not sure if it's the torrent or not, but I've had it happen when I've been downloading 3-4 single episode torrents overnight. Very annoying to find nothing's completed when you wake up! I don't think it happened when I first installed this BT client, at least not this much.

I'm using the latest version of TheShad0w's client, and I tried unistalling it, redownloading it, and reinstalling it and it didn't seem to fix it. Any ideas?

Quick list of specs:
Torrent it's repeatedly happening with: Sailor Stars 3 (though has happened with other torrents)
Client: BitTorrent S-5.8.7 (Shad0w's experimental)

Let me know if you need any more details if it will help any. Thanks in advance for any advice.
lilitu93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 20:38   Link #5
pal

To fix freezing problem set max peer connections in shadows client to 60. To do this click prefs/advanced...exit program to apply.
pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 05:05   Link #6
lilitu93

Thanks. I'll try this. Can I then afterwards set it back down to what it is? I have it set on DSL slow (13) as that's what gets me the fastest downloads. I'm on ADSL and I've tried both the fast and slow DSL and slow worked better. Won't the 60 overwhelm my connection? It's worth a try, though, as it's better than freezing.
Old 2003-12-23, 14:12   Link #7
pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilitu93
Thanks. I'll try this. Can I then afterwards set it back down to what it is? I have it set on DSL slow (13) as that's what gets me the fastest downloads. I'm on ADSL and I've tried both the fast and slow DSL and slow worked better. Won't the 60 overwhelm my connection? It's worth a try, though, as it's better than freezing.
I was referring to the max connections parameter in advanced properties not the upload cap. 2 different things. Max connections defaults to unlimited, if you set it to 60 freezing will go away.
pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 14:16   Link #8
lilitu93

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal
I was referring to the max connections parameter in advanced properties not the upload cap. 2 different things. Max connections defaults to unlimited, if you set it to 60 freezing will go away.
Thanks a lot--makes sense now. I hadn't touched the advanced properties as it said to do so only at your own risk, so I didn't see the note about ME in there. Sorry about the confusion before, and I've changed it now. If 60 doesn't work, I'll try something lower.
Old 2003-12-23, 15:23   Link #9
stanksauce

sorry im a newb but how do i get into the preferences? i have bittorrent 3.3 thanks
stanksauce is offline   Reply With Quote