AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sakurasou

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-18, 21:14   Link #121
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
I think this series may have a staker.
The girl with the pony tail hiding behind the lap post.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 06:11   Link #122
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
D
Since JC STAFF will focus more in LB, this will be like toradora in their dog days... when Index and toradora aired together.
JC STAFF focused more in Index whilst giving mediocre budget to toradora...

Well, unexpectedly, toradora garnered more votes and became much more popular and even said to be "the greatest love story ever told" lol
I would agree that Toradora is one of the best anime ever and get the bad end of animation but that's JC staff with all their work being done at the same time. It also happens in index when not in the climax of an arc.

Though you can't actually compare those two because the target audience and genre is different so different set of people are going to buy it.

And does Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo confirmed for 2 cour too?
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 06:59   Link #123
starlol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I would agree that Toradora is one of the best anime ever and get the bad end of animation but that's JC staff with all their work being done at the same time. It also happens in index when not in the climax of an arc.

Though you can't actually compare those two because the target audience and genre is different so different set of people are going to buy it.

And does Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo confirmed for 2 cour too?
yes. 24 episodes.
__________________
starlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 04:17   Link #124
kobester11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Take a wild guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlol View Post
yes. 24 episodes.
I didn't know that... I guess this could be the next toradora(hopefully) or
Omae o otaku...
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 23:08   Link #125
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post

Well, unexpectedly, toradora garnered more votes and became much more popular and even said to be "the greatest love story ever told" lol
Lol, Toradora does seem to be more popular with the English speaking community, but overall if you toss in sales from across all the media as well as various Anime polls, Index still wins out in the end.

Then again, since both of them are funded by Dengeki Bunko, you might argue that nobody actually lose out in the end.


But this is different; Sakurasou is by Dengeki Bunko while LB is funded by Keys- That means that their budget would never split.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Though you can't actually compare those two because the target audience and genre is different so different set of people are going to buy it.
Also, as I've recalled Toradora seem to have taken some liberties with it's adaptation, streamlining it but at the same time cutting out content.

Try to pull too much of that with Index well... It's not going to be pretty with the fans.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 23:48   Link #126
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Also, as I've recalled Toradora seem to have taken some liberties with it's adaptation, streamlining it but at the same time cutting out content.

Try to pull too much of that with Index well... It's not going to be pretty with the fans.
Well, the main difference is really knowing how the story is going to end. When you know how the story is going to end, you can make pretty smart decisions about what content to keep and what can safely be cut and still tell the entire story in a relatively limited amount of time. But, when you don't know how the story ends (and particularly when you're trying to leave the door open to future seasons), liberally cutting things along the way could end up causing you massive continuity problems that are a pain to resolve. These days, I generally notice that these sorts of on-going shows are less likely to deviate or cut quite as much in those sorts of cases.

So the real issue here is basically if they know how the novel series will end and intend to present that ending in this season. If so, it should be possible to trim the content accordingly to tell the whole thing in one two-cour show.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 00:12   Link #127
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Animation staff can be, though, and to me it looks as though this is getting a lot more time and attention than LB is. Funny, that.
No, it doesn't really work that way. Each show has its own separate staff, and its own set of workers assigned to each episode based on the needs of each episode. If the needed staff aren't in house, then they'll outsource (as often happens anyway). I don't think either show is getting "more time and attention", but they do have different art styles, which is driven by the art director, animation director, and character designer. You may like the style of one over the other, but there's no "preferential treatment" going on. I'm sure each team will do the best they can within the constraints they're assigned.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 00:30   Link #128
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
So the real issue here is basically if they know how the novel series will end and intend to present that ending in this season. If so, it should be possible to trim the content accordingly to tell the whole thing in one two-cour show.
Ah yes there's that too... But personally, I also feel that pure romcom or Love-Drama stories are easier to adapt than Sci-fi and fantasy action, no matter what method they end up using

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
No, it doesn't really work that way. Each show has its own separate staff, and its own set of workers assigned to each episode based on the needs of each episode. If the needed staff aren't in house, then they'll outsource (as often happens anyway). I don't think either show is getting "more time and attention", but they do have different art styles, which is driven by the art director, animation director, and character designer. You may like the style of one over the other, but there's no "preferential treatment" going on. I'm sure each team will do the best they can within the constraints they're assigned.
Plus, I doubt either companies would take too kindly to the studio syphoning their assigned resources for another project.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 00:45   Link #129
kobester11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Take a wild guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
No, it doesn't really work that way. Each show has its own separate staff, and its own set of workers assigned to each episode based on the needs of each episode. If the needed staff aren't in house, then they'll outsource (as often happens anyway). I don't think either show is getting "more time and attention", but they do have different art styles, which is driven by the art director, animation director, and character designer. You may like the style of one over the other, but there's no "preferential treatment" going on. I'm sure each team will do the best they can within the constraints they're assigned.
Actually it depends on the budget allotted by the companies to the show. It's pretty obvious that Warner will do their best for LB because of the fanbase... It's just like how toei works, it's obvious that pretty cure and toriko has more budget than one piece.
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 00:45   Link #130
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ah yes there's that too... But personally, I also feel that pure romcom or Love-Drama stories are easier to adapt than Sci-fi and fantasy action, no matter what method they end up using
Very true -- I was thinking of that too. With a romance-focused story that has a set ending you basically have one key requirement: to develop over the course of the show to get finality to the romance. As long as this key plot point gets developed, many other elements could potentially be sacrificed. With sci-fi/fantasy/action, a lot of the appeal to the audience is in all those little details. (We see how much grief one currently-airing sci-fi/fantasy show gets when an episode is deemed to be at all truncated from the original source and even the slightest explanation is skipped... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
Actually it depends on the budget allotted by the companies to the show. It's pretty obvious that Warner will do their best for LB because of the fanbase... It's just like how toei works, it's obvious that pretty cure and toriko has more budget than one piece.
Well, sure, but the key point is that they will have planned the resources based on the budget assigned, and they're not going to cannibalize other shows in production that are paid for from a separate budget, because yeah: as Chaos2Frozen alluded to, that's not exactly good business practice.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 10:55   Link #131
kobester11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Take a wild guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Very true -- I was thinking of that too. With a romance-focused story that has a set ending you basically have one key requirement: to develop over the course of the show to get finality to the romance. As long as this key plot point gets developed, many other elements could potentially be sacrificed. With sci-fi/fantasy/action, a lot of the appeal to the audience is in all those little details. (We see how much grief one currently-airing sci-fi/fantasy show gets when an episode is deemed to be at all truncated from the original source and even the slightest explanation is skipped... )

Well, sure, but the key point is that they will have planned the resources based on the budget assigned, and they're not going to cannibalize other shows in production that are paid for from a separate budget, because yeah: as Chaos2Frozen alluded to, that's not exactly good business practice.
Totally agree with you and Chaos2Frozen... and you don't need flashy animation in a romance show. What you need is good direction, camera angles and script.
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 20:03   Link #132
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Getting there
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Megami:
__________________
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 20:06   Link #133
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for Megami:
So... She can wear bras but not pantsu ?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 04:38   Link #134
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So... She can wear bras but not pantsu ?
Most likely someone helped her with the bra.....
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 05:00   Link #135
starlol
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
It's more obvious when girls do not wear their bra.
No one will wouldn't know that she did not wear her panty unless she accidentally show it.

For example,
In the novel, there's 1 sidestory about the main guy spending his whole day worried and unable to focus because he accidentally found out that the main girl forgotten to wear panty to school.
__________________
starlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 20:07   Link #136
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Getting there
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Dengeki G:
__________________
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 20:12   Link #137
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Isn't there still another week ? Oh well no matter...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 21:48   Link #138
Kimidori
Let's Play
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
why this is on Current Series? it not aired yet.
__________________
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 21:57   Link #139
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
why this is on Current Series? it not aired yet.
I think it was just an accident; I moved it back now.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 00:18   Link #140
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
^ Thank you. When I first there very confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for Dengeki G:
Girls and paint?
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
romantic comedy, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.