AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-21, 23:12   Link #1
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage (ヴァルトラウテさんの婚活事情) [Light Novel]



Quote:
Synopsis

The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage (ヴァルトラウテさんの婚活事情) is a light novel written by Kamachi Kazuma (鎌池 和馬) and illustrated by Nagiryo (凪良). Kamachi Kazuma is also known for the Toaru Majutsu no Index series and the Heavy Object series.

In the world of Norse mythology, a human boy falls in love with Waltraute, the fourth Valkyrie sister. He wishes to marry her, but Waltraute gives him an impossible challenge to deter him. Nevertheless, the boy is determined to carry out the dangerous task and to marry Waltraute afterwards.
And at long last, my ambition for this thread to exist here, now achieved! Currently translation of the first chapter has started. Discussions, go!
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 23:24   Link #2
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Already being translated? Talk about fast.

I've yet to purchase this one (asked a friend to get it for me; my card is running dry OTL), but apparently it's full of good things.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 23:30   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
LOL I love the titles' naming sense for each chapters

Quote:
  • Chapter 1: Jack and the Beanstalk was Set to a Backdrop of Norse Mythology
  • Chapter 2: The Weapons of the Gods were not Created by the Gods
  • Chapter 3: The Difference between the Gods and the Giants is an Incredibly Unfair One
  • A.E. 01: This is No Time to be Getting Excited about Swimsuits
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Already being translated? Talk about fast.
js06 has removed all of his limits.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 23:33   Link #4
EagleBlue
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philippines
Huh, where is it then? Can't find it in BT.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 23:35   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
Huh, where is it then? Can't find it in BT.
Look under the Recent Changes page.

The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 23:36   Link #6
Ridwan
Got A Bad Desire
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: قلوب المؤمنين
I approve of this thread.
__________________
Ridwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 23:36   Link #7
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Js06 just did go blak lighting.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 23:44   Link #8
Belgaesh
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: At the Intersection of Life
I don't know what to say about this. Js06 is breaking his own limits, translating three light novels at the same time. Go for it Js06 we are cheering for you.

Now, about the novel. Is it a single volume series?
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 23:44   Link #9
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
I don't know what to say about this. Js06 is breaking his own limits, translating three light novels at the same time. Go for it Js06 we are cheering for you.

Hot damn, don't tell me he intends to finish everything before 10th October ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
Now, about the novel. Is it a single volume series?
Still too early to tell.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 01:00   Link #10
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hot damn, don't tell me he intends to finish everything before 10th October ?!
I can't believe I entered this thread and Js06 "hayate" is doing 3 books at the same time............. so unbelievable I break the 4th wall of not entering this thread.

I wonder if he will take vacation on Oct 10. Like let say.... going to sleep? that guy needs some rest. He also translates manga darn it!
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 01:10   Link #11
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
If he takes a vacation on the 10th, what would happen to NT5 ?
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 01:11   Link #12
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Little known fact: js06 is Kamachi Kazuma. Think about it -- who else could keep up with Kamachi's writing speed?
Utsuro no Hako is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 01:31   Link #13
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Spoiler for "chapter 3:
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic208954_2.gif
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 01:37   Link #14
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 25
In one of the illustrations, Loki's figure of speech sounds suave compared to what I had as my image of the God of Mischief... or I might have been tricked with that style.
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 01:50   Link #15
havensgate
skull one
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: borobudur
the illustration remind me of ar tonelico
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 01:52   Link #16
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
In one of the illustrations, Loki's figure of speech sounds suave compared to what I had as my image of the God of Mischief... or I might have been tricked with that style.
Loki is somehow envisioned to be a playboy character by the Japanese

Something to do with Maou(s) being popular with women I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by havensgate View Post
the illustration remind me of ar tonelico
That's because it is the same artist, Nagiryo (凪良)

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-09-22 at 02:02.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 02:42   Link #17
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
About Valkyries: Brynhildr appears in some Eddic poems, where there are quite a few Valkyries being named. A nine-name list contains: Hildr (Brynhildr), Göndul, Hlökk, Mist, Skögul, Hrund, Eir, Hrist, and Skuld. An extended list is: Hrist, Mist, Herja, Hlökk, Geiravör, Göll, Hjörţrimul, Guđr, Herfjötra, Skuld, Geirönul, Skögul, Randgníđ, Ráđgríđr, Göndul, Svipul, Geirskögul, Hildr, Skeggöld, Hrund, Geirdriful, Randgríđr, Ţrúđr, Reginleif, Sveiđ, Ţögn, Hjalmţrimul, Ţrima, and Skalmöld.

My guess would be that Kamachi used the nine-name list of Skáldskaparmál Chapter 57 as the basis, with Waltraute being added due to her appearance in Götterdämmerung. However, Waltraute does not appear in any of the old records, and is a charater who appears solely in Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 03:00   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
About Valkyries: Brynhildr appears in some Eddic poems, where there are quite a few Valkyries being named. A nine-name list contains: Hildr (Brynhildr), Göndul, Hlökk, Mist, Skögul, Hrund, Eir, Hrist, and Skuld. An extended list is: Hrist, Mist, Herja, Hlökk, Geiravör, Göll, Hjörţrimul, Guđr, Herfjötra, Skuld, Geirönul, Skögul, Randgníđ, Ráđgríđr, Göndul, Svipul, Geirskögul, Hildr, Skeggöld, Hrund, Geirdriful, Randgríđr, Ţrúđr, Reginleif, Sveiđ, Ţögn, Hjalmţrimul, Ţrima, and Skalmöld.
Isn't Skuld a Norn sister? Or is this like a case of Loki and Utgard-Loki ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
My guess would be that Kamachi used the nine-name list of Skáldskaparmál Chapter 57 as the basis, with Waltraute being added due to her appearance in Götterdämmerung. However, Waltraute does not appear in any of the old records, and is a charater who appears solely in Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen.
I... Have no idea what that means, but I take it as confirmation that Kamachi has really done his research (read; upload relevant data into hardrive)

I can only hope that he doesn't get all TOO authentic...

I'm not sure what vikings smoke back in those days but that stuff can get PRETTY WEIRD
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 03:05   Link #19
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Isn't Skuld a Norn sister? Or is this like a case of Loki and Utgard-Loki ?
Skuld was different from the other Norns in that she has sometimes been portrayed as also being a Valkyrie, taking part in the selection of warriors from the slain. Here's a quote from Gylfaginning:

"These are called Valkyrs: them Odin sends to every battle; they determine men's feyness and award victory. Gudr and Róta and the youngest Norn, she who is called Skuld, ride ever to take the slain and decide fights."



Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I... Have no idea what that means, but I take it as confirmation that Kamachi has really done his research (read; upload relevant data into hardrive)

I can only hope that he doesn't get all TOO authentic...
Why would Onii-chan not want authenticity?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 03:24   Link #20
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Skuld was different from the other Norns in that she has sometimes been portrayed as also being a Valkyrie, taking part in the selection of warriors from the slain. Here's a quote from Gylfaginning:

"These are called Valkyrs: them Odin sends to every battle; they determine men's feyness and award victory. Gudr and Róta and the youngest Norn, she who is called Skuld, ride ever to take the slain and decide fights."
Ahh Icic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Why would Onii-chan not want authenticity?
Thor cross-dressing and eating his own goats is one thing, but Loki and Svadilfari as well as Freyja and the dwarfs might be abit too high level...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light novel, romance, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.