AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-13, 05:55   Link #221
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
More gespent is always good. Anyway, what's with the ability system? The picture somehow confused me since I only saw Latooni since I didn't saw her equip 3 shooting up ability that somehow boost both Lamia and her ability The system also looks like equip items, huh..
Skill part is obtained by defeating enemy. Latouni naturally has 2 slot of shooting skill increasing, therefore they only need to equip 1 more part to archive the skill.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 21:08   Link #222
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Or it'll break the game, this looks like a modified system that Z2.2 used. Guess difficulty is no longer a factor.



You're the worst kind of fanboys, editing in your vileness later. It's sad that you're so blind that you had to go and insult me when you're wrong, Crowe and Esther have many common things with Kyosuke and Excellen while still being their own characters. If you knew anything about the characters it would be impossible not to see the similarities. If you're this blind than maybe you should go read the updated Wiki and educate yourself before throwing a temper tantrum.

There's no excuses for your hateful post when the resources are already out there that contradict you completely.
Sorry, rather than second hand information that might be not accurate from lost in translation and from being summarized, being able to understand Japanese, I actually read the original source myself and I can assure you they're not similar at all during the game both from their personality and signature trait. Reiji and xiaomu from namcoxcapcom is a perfect example of kyousuke and excellen expy, crowe and esther is not.

If you say having a lot of common things make them expy, than basically kyousuke himself is an expy of earlier srw original characters, which themselves are expy of hundreds of earlier rpg protagonists. See where this is going? There's a reason we have a site called tvtrope.

Oh BTW, captain spock of soo much an expy of hayato jin from getter robo, we should just remove all those cool rational characters already since he stole the show in soooo many titles with them in it, and let's not forget to remove all those hot-blooded character whose an expy of kouji from mazinger. Oh and yes, those angsty characters, how many of them have we found in the last 10 years already. What, I basically remove 90% of characters from the last decade's entertainment? (sarcasm intended)

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2012-09-13 at 21:21.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 22:38   Link #223
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Well, some people didn't know, that even I, could edit the wiki. The only thing should be trusted on wiki is technical detail. Nothing more.

But why would we return to this topic once again? You guys should just stop arguing to someone who refused to listen even when the fact is shown to them.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 23:54   Link #224
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Quote:
Skill part is obtained by defeating enemy. Latouni naturally has 2 slot of shooting skill increasing, therefore they only need to equip 1 more part to archive the skill.
Yeah it seem that they also has limited amount too. I guess I can't equip all my units with skills... but maybe it depends on how many skill part we can obtain in this game.

Oh and thanks for the explanation
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 00:14   Link #225
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Interesting things about the skill, the skill works for both unit in a twin unit, and you need to equip 3 of them for the skill to activate. I guess we're supposed to group similar type of unit in a twin in this game instead of complimenting units.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 01:10   Link #226
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Hard mode seems like it's also increase the number of the enemy, not just their stats/skills. It's a good one I guess. More PP and credits.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 04:34   Link #227
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Well, some people didn't know, that even I, could edit the wiki. The only thing should be trusted on wiki is technical detail. Nothing more.

But why would we return to this topic once again? You guys should just stop arguing to someone who refused to listen even when the fact is shown to them.
Considering how in depth the wiki is it isn't being done by a troll, or are you insulting the work that person has done? At least look at what he has done before insulting him. After all that person has dedicated months to trying to get the wiki as accurate as possible and you call them a liar? Seriously, that's just pathetic. Why would a troll spend that much time on a wiki if they were just trolling? This stuff didn't spring up in a single day and it takes days to get some stages done. So yeah, don't insult the person doing this because they clearly love SRW that much that they're willing to dedicate so much of their time to try and get the wiki out as accurately as possible. Hell some stage entree's alone have hundreds of edits by the same person for accuracy's sake and to correct spelling, grammar, and the such errors. The person doing the wiki already admitted that this isn't a 100% accurate summary but he's trying to get it as accurate as possible hence the many edits for some stages that he had initially had trouble with. Though the one doing the wiki does admit that for some scenes he made them feel more dramatic than they were such as Stage 15 where the guy wanted to convey that Marilyn was a horrible person with no hope of redemption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Sorry, rather than second hand information that might be not accurate from lost in translation and from being summarized, being able to understand Japanese, I actually read the original source myself and I can assure you they're not similar at all during the game both from their personality and signature trait. Reiji and xiaomu from namcoxcapcom is a perfect example of kyousuke and excellen expy, crowe and esther is not.

If you say having a lot of common things make them expy, than basically kyousuke himself is an expy of earlier srw original characters, which themselves are expy of hundreds of earlier rpg protagonists. See where this is going? There's a reason we have a site called tvtrope.

Oh BTW, captain spock of soo much an expy of hayato jin from getter robo, we should just remove all those cool rational characters already since he stole the show in soooo many titles with them in it, and let's not forget to remove all those hot-blooded character whose an expy of kouji from mazinger. Oh and yes, those angsty characters, how many of them have we found in the last 10 years already. What, I basically remove 90% of characters from the last decade's entertainment? (sarcasm intended)
I give you info and you ignore it, I give you facts and you ignore it, and than you say you read the source material but don't prove that to be the case. All you have is your word and your unwillingness to educate yourself when the info is out there.

And yes they are, they may be different but they share many similarities as well. Such as the fact that both Crowe and Kyosuke enjoy gambling in some form(With Crowe's quotes even being about risking his life on sour bets like against Gaioh) and how Esther and Crowe were tied to a tragic event years before z2 started which tied them together just like how Kyosuke and Excellen had a tragic event before their story starts up. Said event, just like in for Kyosuke and Excllen, becomes extremely important to the plot by z2.2 because it deals with DMs, a new Villain, Insalaum, and Crowe's own past with Esther who had become the second MC next to him.

Furthermore Esther quotes Excellen WORD FOR WORD when she has her crisis moment when she tries to figure out if she's even human anymore or if she's a DM just like when Excellen doubted her own humanity after the Einst business. So again, you're fooling yourself if you don't think they weren't intentionally made and based heavily off the popular Kyosuke and Excellen dynamic. This is also on top of Esther being centered around her love for Crowe just like Excellen is love obsessed with Kyosuke. The difference is that Excellen's love was almost always there while Esther initially started out cold and than warmed up to Crowe to play her added trait of being a Tsundere and being a tomboy that wants to be an Action Girl so she still remains her own character.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-09-14 at 04:44.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 11:42   Link #228
KBTKaiser
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 29
Okay, no.

Stop comparing Crowe to Kyosuke. Kyosuke/Excellen gave both halves of the couple equal screen time(ESPECIALLY considering the fact that Impact was originally a 3 part wonderswan game), but Z2?

Z2.1 was all Crowe and a drive for money.
Z2.2, it's clear as day that Esther is NOT on equal footing(Hell she's been declared a shadow protagonist or even a decoy) AND given the ZEXIS route end of "pick a girl, any girl" choice NOT MATTERING, it's still all Crowe and money. No girls to share the sorrows and toils.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 13:10   Link #229
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Considering how in depth the wiki is it isn't being done by a troll, or are you insulting the work that person has done? At least look at what he has done before insulting him. After all that person has dedicated months to trying to get the wiki as accurate as possible and you call them a liar? Seriously, that's just pathetic. Why would a troll spend that much time on a wiki if they were just trolling? This stuff didn't spring up in a single day and it takes days to get some stages done. So yeah, don't insult the person doing this because they clearly love SRW that much that they're willing to dedicate so much of their time to try and get the wiki out as accurately as possible.
Did you have trouble in reading comprehension or what? When did I said they are lying or trolling?
Everything you quoted, are based on people's perception on the game, hence the biased. If you can't read the source, don't pretend you know it all based on second hand information.

And you must be new if you think there are no trolls that spend that much time to edit an Akurasu wiki to make it looks legit.
But I'm done. I don't see any point continue this debate any further. I'm going to enjoy the game for whatever it is, not being salty like you just because you hate some characters in the game.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-14, 13:37   Link #230
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
There you go YET AGAIN. You say you didn't call the person a troll than you say that trolls are willing to dedicate MONTHS of their life to doing the summary, when they aren't even sure anyone will even read what they typed, to sell their trolling. Really can you stoop any lower?

It's one thing to be a stubborn mule when you're wrong on this issue but it's another to call a stranger, that isn't here to defend himself, a troll because "anyone can edit the wiki". News flash, not many people are working on that wiki for the Summaries(Look at the edit history alone), it's pretty much one guy there doing his best when no one asked him to.

Hell the person isn't even going around the net claiming responsibility for all the work he put in nor does he want to be recognized anywhere. The person doesn't even credit himself for the stages in the summary, you have to look at the edit history and the discussion to know who the guy is that's working his ass off for FREE. The amount of effort he has put in is evidence enough that he isn't a troll and really cares unlike you who labels him as a troll when you didn't even bother to look at what he has done.

So maybe you should save the insults and actually go look at the work he has done. It should take you less than 2 seconds, after seeing all that he has already done, to figure out that he's a real SRW fan just like many others(Only he, like a few others, is willing to go the distance so western SRW fans can better understand because he wants as many SRW fans as possible to get the maximum amount of enjoyment out of the game as possible) and isn't doing this to troll anyone.

Tell me, have you even gone even an inch as far as that guy has gone to try and share the SRW experience with as many fellow fans that, for whatever the reason, can't learn the original language? Think about that before you insult him next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Okay, no.

Stop comparing Crowe to Kyosuke. Kyosuke/Excellen gave both halves of the couple equal screen time(ESPECIALLY considering the fact that Impact was originally a 3 part wonderswan game), but Z2?

Z2.1 was all Crowe and a drive for money.
Z2.2, it's clear as day that Esther is NOT on equal footing(Hell she's been declared a shadow protagonist or even a decoy) AND given the ZEXIS route end of "pick a girl, any girl" choice NOT MATTERING, it's still all Crowe and money. No girls to share the sorrows and toils.
How about you read my post, nothing you say refutes anything I compared between them.

The choice doesn't change that no matter what Esther and Crowe are stuck together with Esther being clear about her feelings for him and Crowe not minding their arrangement(Hell he was keeping tabs on Esther when she was looking for him and even herorically saved her when she was almost captured by Marilyn). The difference is that in the IF route Esther asks Crowe if he got over the whole beautiful woman thing. Regardless of the choice being there Crowe remains in debt and Esther continues trying to win his heart even if he chooses her in the IF route since that's the canon regardless of the choice being there or not.

Also, no you're wrong again. Esther was very important to the story and she was the motivation for a large chunk of Crowe continuing to fight. Than there's the whole Crowe swearing to take care of Esther til his last breath when he gets the Li Brasta. So they're canon, deal with it. Than there's all the relationships she formed with many characters and that she was the star for the first 15 stages than shares the role nearly equally with Crowe when she returns.

Forgot to mention that yes, Crowe has a girl and it's Esther. Traiya is keeping him in debt because he's useful and because she views Esther as a little sister that she cares for. Hence why she denies any feelings for Crowe, says he's joking, and tells Esther not to give up winning his heart if you select her as a choice. Responsibility also gets in the way of Marguerite who goes to lead Insaluam with her placing duty before her feelings so even if Crowe wanted her, though he never sees her in a romantic light in either game and is much closer to Esther even in z2.1 because of their history, it would never work because of Crowe's obligations in Earth. Which means Esther was the only real choice since no matter what Crowe remains with her in the end and the events of the game that built of their relationship from cold to warm.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-09-14 at 13:56.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 09:17   Link #231
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
You guys are still going on about that? As much as I know and agree that Destined_Fate is in the wrong here, if he's getting this whiny about a mere promo video, without even knowing how much role Kyousuke and Excellen actually play in the story/plot, then nothing we can say or do will stop his hating.

For the record though, the fact of the matter is that the ATX Team is just plain popular. So whether you like it or not, they'll keep coming back in the OPs, promo videos, and yes, the story/plot itself. Tough beans.

But anyway, lower SP totals? Ugh. I already hated them as low as they were in SRW Z, and even worse that game didn't have SP Regen. And I'm getting an ugly feeling that we'll see the same here.
You practically need to spam Focus every turn in order to keep a consistently good hit rate/evade rate on the harder missions of any SRW. Otherwise you're stuck with 60-80% hit rates and 20-30% dodge rates even with S terrain ranks and maxed out mech mobility stat. (Operation Plantaniget Part 2 in SRW OG 2 comes to mind, and that was on normal difficulty) And anybody who's played plenty of SRW knows that these games are mean when it comes to hit/evade rates. I for one find that an enemy will constantly hit me again and again whenever they have as much as 20% hit rate, and I miss like crazy if my mechs' hit rates ever get anywhere below 90%. Suffice to say, I have to use soft reset a lot because of constant misses and damage because the SRW computer is mean.

Which brings up another "problem"; soft resetting is going to be a pain in this game unless there's an option in the field menu. (since you can't do Start+Select+R1+R2+L1+L2 on the PS3) Otherwise you have to use the PS Button to quit the game, restart it from the XML Menu, and go through all the logos in the loadup process again each time you soft reset. That extra minute or two each time will make a big difference after the 14th or so soft reset in a row because the Alt Eisen Rieze doesn't want to land a hit on over 90% accuracy. (I'm not kidding, this actually happened to me before >.>)
__________________
Shinji103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 09:23   Link #232
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
What do you mean I don't know? They already said that Kyosuke and Excellen are no longer the stars and are now taking a mentor role now considering they have no OG story left since their story was fully wrapped up in OGG. They at least seem to want to do something with Axel and Lamia who weren't singled out as Mentors even though their stories are long over and everything now will be fresh for them. So no, I'm not wrong here and no matter how loud you scream it doesn't make you right.

Furthermore that isn't an issue since all the latest SRW games are far easier and convenient compared to the old ones and have gone for more and more flair than actual difficulty. Such as it being easy to get all SR points in z2.2 with no upgrades or PP use and still having no issues with the last boss in his powered up IF route version.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 09:36   Link #233
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

Which brings up another "problem"; soft resetting is going to be a pain in this game unless there's an option in the field menu. (since you can't do Start+Select+R1+R2+L1+L2 on the PS3) Otherwise you have to use the PS Button to quit the game, restart it from the XML Menu, and go through all the logos in the loadup process again each time you soft reset. That extra minute or two each time will make a big difference after the 14th or so soft reset in a row because the Alt Eisen Rieze doesn't want to land a hit on over 90% accuracy. (I'm not kidding, this actually happened to me before >.>)
Why can't you do Start+Select+R1+R2+L1+L2? Well, even if you can't do it, they can just change the soft reset button to Start+Select+R1+L1 so it shouldn't be that much of a problem. Lower SP pool is a pain, but we still don't know whether that will really happen or the screen is just a demo with a modified stat, so don't lose your hope yet
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 09:42   Link #234
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
What do you mean I don't know? They already said that Kyosuke and Excellen are no longer the stars and are now taking a mentor role now considering they have no OG story left since their story was fully wrapped up in OGG. They at least seem to want to do something with Axel and Lamia who weren't singled out as Mentors even though their stories are long over and everything now will be fresh for them. So no, I'm not wrong here and no matter how loud you scream it doesn't make you right.
*sigh* Once again you have that habit of acting like you're ten years old and accusing everyone else of being loud when in fact you're the only one doing the screaming.
But like I said, you've made it clear you're just a hater of the ATX Team and won't listen to anyone, so I'll leave it at that. But as I also said, the ATX Team is just simply popular, and so they'll keep coming back with big roles. You can either keep whining about it and make yourself miserable, or you can just live with it.

Quote:
Furthermore that isn't an issue since all the latest SRW games are far easier and convenient compared to the old ones and have gone for more and more flair than actual difficulty. Such as it being easy to get all SR points in z2.2 with no upgrades or PP use and still having no issues with the last boss in his powered up IF route version.
And you completely missed my point, even though it was spelled in black and white and drawn with crayon.
There was absolutely nothing really hard with Operation Plantaniget Part 3 in SRW 2 or other such missions. But it's annoying as hell (and does make it difficult in the long run if you leave it be, from built-up damage and wasted ammo/EN) when the computer keeps deciding your mech(s) miss when it says you have a 90% chance to hit, and your mech(s) keep getting hit when the computer says you have a 10-20% chance of dodging.
I've literally had to soft reset over ten times in a single combat exchange on some boss fights because they keep one-shotting one of my mechs with an attack that has a mere 16% accuracy after I use Focus.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Why can't you do Start+Select+R1+R2+L1+L2? Well, even if you can't do it, they can just change the soft reset button to Start+Select+R1+L1 so it shouldn't be that much of a problem. Lower SP pool is a pain, but we still don't know whether that will really happen or the screen is just a demo with a modified stat, so don't lose your hope yet
At least for most every game I've played, the PS3 no longer has the Start+Select+R1+R2+L1+L2 soft reset function.
Hopefully you're right and the SP totals really aren't that low. I'd also like to see SP Regen stay in the game.
__________________
Shinji103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 09:56   Link #235
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
You have the habit of hurling names and labels when you don't agree with someone. I'm also not the one screaming and calling others names or 10 years. That would be you. You on the other hand have made it clear that you're a fanboy and are too blind to agree with the facts or are you saying they were lying when they said they wanted to focus on the new blood and that Kyosuke and Excellen were said to be mentors from now on?

You're the one that missed the point. The games have been getting easier and easier over the years. You're acting like getting hit by a 20% chance will matter at all. Especially since most top pilots get Focus or Invincible and even Alert for cheap SP costs. You also act like there wont be parts or abilities that will render any threat as redundant.

Perhaps you should actually take advantage of Relationship bonuses, some of the best characters can easily get +15% to Evade/Accuracy from just being near an friend. Than there's Support Defense so even if a weakly armored unit is targeted your big guy will just jump in on the off chance that they might be it. So really, this isn't an issue at all. Especially since Focus lasts an entire turn.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 10:15   Link #236
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
As I said, I'll leave your flame-hating alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate
You're the one that missed the point. The games have been getting easier and easier over the years. You're acting like getting hit by a 20% chance will matter at all. Especially since most top pilots get Focus or Invincible and even Alert for cheap SP costs. You also act like there wont be parts or abilities that will render any threat as redundant.
*siiiiiigh* I even pointed out a specific example, and in your stubborness you still refuse to see it.
How does getting hit by a 20% accuracy attack not matter when said attack comes from a boss and one-shots your mech? Or when your mech is surrounded by lots of grunts with 20% accuracy, with each of them taking off 800-1000 damage per hit on your 5000-HP mech? Lower SP totals means you can't spam Focus, Lock On, etc. Using a 15-SP Lock On every turn with a total of 57 SP isn't a good idea when you still have a boss coming.
Like I said, it's not difficult, it's annoying as heck when enemy mechs keep dodging your attacks even when you're scoring over 90% accuracy after Focus.

You're talking about difficulty. I don't have any difficulty playing SRWs. The issue here is annoyance. Having as little as a 5%-accuracy enemy attack land and do heavy damage to your machine, or watching your 95% accuracy attacks whiff repeatedly. After casting Focus. And I'd prefer not to use both Focus and Lock On when my pilot has a mere 50 SP, with a boss coming up.
__________________
Shinji103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 14:24   Link #237
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Clearly you can't since if you were intent on that you wouldn't have left that comment.

No boss is going to one shot your Supers unless they're almost dead. Use your abilities like Iron Wall of Invincible and plant your Super next to your Reals. There problem solved, a non-issue if you use a bit of strategy. Not like what I'm saying takes a genius or do you need someone to hold your hand the entire game?

Furthermore why the heck would your mecha be surrounded if it isn't of your own doing? There is like no stages at all that would place you with a single mecha that's surrounded with no chance of getting out of it just fine. Hell, the stages where you're outnumbered almost always has reinforcements by the second turn. All you have to do is sit back for a turn or place yourself on Terrain for bonuses and use abilities like Focus.

What you're complaining about is not an issue because you're given PLENTY of resources to mitigate any threat to your units. You choosing to be reckless and not using strategy to prepare for the enemy phase is your own fault. That and RNG is RNG, deal with it or use the Terrain bonuses, SP commands, Relationship Bonuses, Supports, upgrades, and the such in your favor if you need that much help. Not like the recent games deny you these options so your complaint is not warranted at all because of all the options that are given to you.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 08:41   Link #238
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
New video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMt_XWSllN0

Last part = SRX Team's R Formation XP
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 09:21   Link #239
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
The animation seems kinda weird now that I've seen gameplay footage upclose like that Or maybe I haven't seen many flashy animation attacks yet, so..
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 09:41   Link #240
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
As I said, I'll leave your flame-hating alone.

*siiiiiigh* I even pointed out a specific example, and in your stubborness you still refuse to see it.
How does getting hit by a 20% accuracy attack not matter when said attack comes from a boss and one-shots your mech? Or when your mech is surrounded by lots of grunts with 20% accuracy, with each of them taking off 800-1000 damage per hit on your 5000-HP mech? Lower SP totals means you can't spam Focus, Lock On, etc. Using a 15-SP Lock On every turn with a total of 57 SP isn't a good idea when you still have a boss coming.
Like I said, it's not difficult, it's annoying as heck when enemy mechs keep dodging your attacks even when you're scoring over 90% accuracy after Focus.
I've only ever been consistently RNG screwed by one S-RPG and that is Final Fantasy Tactics. I swear the first time I played that game if there was even the slightest chance that an action could execute in an undesirable manner it was all but guaranteed to happen in that game (missed attacks, missed heal attempts, seemingly automatic criticals for heavy hitting enemies, enemies left with just a sliver of health after an all out attack, that stupid rooftop battle with Rafa as a suicidal NPC). SRW and I always seem to get along though and usually as long as my hit percentage is above 70 it almost always seems to go through.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.