AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-09-24, 06:26   Link #241
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Exactly that. But then again, the BETA are effectively miners. Most space-faring races will have an easy time blasting them from orbit.

What we should be considering a proper match is perhaps a security/invasion strain of fleet ?
Maybe Scrin from Command & Conquer:Tiberium Wars?

They are miners too,at least what from we can see now.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 10:32   Link #242
John117xCortana

The Scrin military forces we saw were just the Scrin's version of a backwater low grade PMC.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 10:41   Link #243
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Mind you, that's according to Peptuck, who gave them major boosts for Renegade. I wouldn't totally consider that to be true... though it's probably likely.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 12:16   Link #244
John117xCortana

True that.
Old 2012-09-24, 19:19   Link #245
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Maybe Scrin from Command & Conquer:Tiberium Wars?

They are miners too,at least what from we can see now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
The Scrin military forces we saw were just the Scrin's version of a backwater low grade PMC.
This was my impression of both the Scrin and the BETA. But later, the Scrin got more kick to come to Earth, and at least had warships, carriers and little flying objects as part of their standard force.

That's why I feel that the BETA is oddly lacking. The lack of aircraft being one, amongst other things that I can't quite comment on until I finish the game.

@Goose: I was thinking that as figurative speech. I doubt the Hive has any PMCs of any kind, but perhaps the Hive found the tiberium expense of sending a larger/proper invasion force wanting for the amount of gain.

Of course, to fully substantiate my theory I'd need to play the monstrosity of C&C5... and I really doubt it be worth my time, considering how butchered the story was by then.
Old 2012-09-24, 20:14   Link #246
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
@Goose: I was thinking that as figurative speech. I doubt the Hive has any PMCs of any kind, but perhaps the Hive found the tiberium expense of sending a larger/proper invasion force wanting for the amount of gain.

Of course, to fully substantiate my theory I'd need to play the monstrosity of C&C5... and I really doubt it be worth my time, considering how butchered the story was by then.
Kha, what JohnxCortana117 and I were talking about was how the Scrin were portrayed in Renegade, Peptuck's Tiberium Wars/Mass Effect Crossover. Peptuck gave the Scrin a significant boost, and noted that the force in the Tiberium Wars game was the equivalent of a PMC with technicals. That is precisely what we were talking about.

ALso, you wanna write about anything, play the goddamned game, FFS.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-24, 20:20   Link #247
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
This was my impression of both the Scrin and the BETA. But later, the Scrin got more kick to come to Earth, and at least had warships, carriers and little flying objects as part of their standard force.

That's why I feel that the BETA is oddly lacking. The lack of aircraft being one, amongst other things that I can't quite comment on until I finish the game.

BETA are MINING machines, they have no reason to think "hey let's mine stuff from the skies!!"
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 23:27   Link #248
EagleBlue

Also with the Laser-Class, they basically own the skies. No need to waste resources on something that could be spent on the other BETA classes.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 00:15   Link #249
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@Goose: ...no wonder. I thot you guys were talking about a character from the C&C Renegade game, which I thot I was sure had not much Scrin, and no one called Peptuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
ALso, you wanna write about anything, play the goddamned game, FFS.
MLA applies, but I really doubt C&C5 is worth writing about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
BETA are MINING machines, they have no reason to think "hey let's mine stuff from the skies!!"
I know. That's what I meant by a different strain, by pitting our lovely xover ideas against a BETA hive fleet bred for all-out invasions and not rock grinding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
Also with the Laser-Class, they basically own the skies. No need to waste resources on something that could be spent on the other BETA classes.
Except Lasers fail against every space-faring xover suggestion we've come up with. That was what led me to make my original statement. We're comparing apples and oranges when pitting space navies against what essentially is a effective stopgap against a non-space-faring piece of technology...
Old 2012-09-25, 01:22   Link #250
John117xCortana

We were talking about C&C3.
Old 2012-09-25, 01:24   Link #251
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Oh right,i almost forgot about those guys

You know,the aliens in Battle Los Angeles?

They sure can go toe to toe against BETA with that huge number,but their aircraft with top speed of mach 7 can still be shot down in one laser shot.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 05:38   Link #252
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Oh yes, that would be a more even match.
Old 2012-09-25, 05:51   Link #253
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I was here sitting here thinking, "Hey, that Gears of War stuff, where had I seen it before?"

THE BRIDGES TRAIN DOESN'T GO ALL whoo whoo, IT GOES WHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOO!!!!

*ekhm*

I'd be tempted to do something like that, but I *still* have to finish that latest Comet chapter.
In my defense, I will say it contains Walken and A-10 Thunderbolts II.

Oh, and you guys are golden. Seriously, this thread is 45% of my daily motivation to keep my fic going, so keep up the hard work.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 06:07   Link #254
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

It's not a Thunderbolt II. It's a Hog. ;D

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-25, 10:02   Link #255
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Pretty as one too.

Seriously though, its Chapter in TSFiA looks pretty dammn awesome.

And for the Xbox achievement fad, I had those little gems sitting in my mind all day:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-25, 10:22   Link #256
EagleBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Pretty as one too.

And for the Xbox achievement fad, I had those little gems sitting in my mind all day:
Spoiler:
Woah, the author of MuvLuv: Comet. Didn't expect you to post here. Good job with Comet and I'm waiting for what happens next.

Surprised you didn't add an achievement of dating Latrova, Nastassja or any of the bridge bunnies.

Anyways, I'm not sure if this is the bet place to ask this but any tips on writing stories? I've written a few mediocre ones before but want to get better at writing for a fic and a MuvLuv Quest I'm planning in another forum.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 10:57   Link #257
erakk
Damned Basterd

Quote:
Pretty as one too.

Spoiler:
Those are pretty damn awesome achievements.
*drools*
erakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 11:18   Link #258
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Pretty as one too.

Spoiler:
Screw Bratty Saviour! Yuuya's the man!

Thanks to your post, i feel rejuvenated in my MuvLuv PMC idea.

There's one important plot point i need to address in my fanfic since it may or may not introduced a certain character.

Spoiler for Plot point:

Anyway, good luck on your fanfic Alastor Mobius Toth!
Old 2012-09-25, 11:57   Link #259
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Ah, I resd Comet. Kept meaning to go back to it and do some full on reviews...

If you ever need a beta reader, I could help on that - Comet had a few things that made me wince - for example, when Yuuya's promoted, he lught to be a Lt. junior grade; ensign and 2nd Lt are same level... Still, it's a good effort.

Also, for that achievement, it ought to be,"Defeat your project manager in single combat."

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-09-25, 14:52   Link #260
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
Woah, the author of MuvLuv: Comet. Didn't expect you to post here. Good job with Comet and I'm waiting for what happens next.

Surprised you didn't add an achievement of dating Latrova, Nastassja or any of the bridge bunnies.

Anyways, I'm not sure if this is the bet place to ask this but any tips on writing stories? I've written a few mediocre ones before but want to get better at writing for a fic and a MuvLuv Quest I'm planning in another forum.
Well, I haven't gotten around to thinking up all the achievements yet.

Hmmm, I'm generally not good with advice, but what I used to, and still do in a way, is to read a lot of other...works. Books, plays, you name it. Like 1982, Death of a Salesman, The Witcher, Honor Harrington series, Dune etc.

Not for ripping off anything, but seeing how you can construct world, characters, different styles of writing, setting up plots etc. in various different ways. Alternatively, have English Literature course, which is about the same thing, only the teacher has you picking up stuff from book and writing 1000 word report on it.

And inspiration. Arguably, I cannot work until I get a set of events or a "picture" in my head and say "Yeah, this is awesome" and then work around it.

@Mr.Terrorist

Spoiler:

And Good luck on your fic too.

@Wild Goose

Ah yes, sorry about that. I'm not good with hierarchies unless I make them myself...

At any rate, I'd appreciate all help, be it proof-reading, or fixing my mutilation of U.S rank system.

Tags
fanfiction, harem