AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-24, 00:53   Link #1221
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
LN vol 8 was released in June, is too soon to ask for the next one, there it was also talk about the author is still taking it easy since he hasn't recovered 100%, so the delay for the next volume might be a little larger than usual.

Vexed released his own take in the "in the Rika's room" chapter from volume 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukimura
"I caaaan't turn baaack~ This iiiiss~ the wayyyy aaaa maann liiiivess~"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozora
""That was a nice fight."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodaka
I wondered what exactly Rika wanted it to look like they did, and whether or not this scene should count as yuri or BL
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 01:27   Link #1222
gopackgo
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
i know that it was released at the end of june, so we wont be getting anything for a while. i was just curious about how many vol. are released a year. usually it's every 6 months or something like that.

I like to know the time period for every release even though it wont be anytime soon.
gopackgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 09:03   Link #1223
mark1246
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida
JUst wanna know, has there been a kissing yet or no?
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 19:46   Link #1224
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
^ Between who? Sena and Kodaka , Yozora and Kodaka, or Sena and Yozora?
Came close during the King game in vol 4. No. We can only dream.

All the other girls, no.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-09-25 at 03:26.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 11:45   Link #1225
mironicus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Rika Shiguma.

She might actually be—— more serious about making friends than anyone else in the Neighbors Club.
The last sentence of the chapter. Think about "anyone else" in this sentence.

So... is Kodaka himself not so serious about making friends? Maybe he has another intention...?

Quote:
JUst wanna know, has there been a kissing yet or no?
Haganai will turn into a love comedy in Vol. 9. And probably with much romance, kissing and... sex!

Last edited by mironicus; 2012-09-25 at 13:27.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 06:42   Link #1226
ultimate_noob
Skwid Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopackgo View Post
i know that it was released at the end of june, so we wont be getting anything for a while. i was just curious about how many vol. are released a year. usually it's every 6 months or something like that.

I like to know the time period for every release even though it wont be anytime soon.
LN releases are random. Depends on the publishing company if they want to set a deadline on the writer.
ultimate_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 07:40   Link #1227
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: bakanki.blogspot.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
The last sentence of the chapter. Think about "anyone else" in this sentence.

So... is Kodaka himself not so serious about making friends? Maybe he has another intention...?
Think about "more serious" too.

Just like the last translated chapter told, Rika spent her time to do the CG modeling for everyone's avatars when they played Romancing Saga game and she also pushing herself adding very advanced special effect for their festival movie. All so the other members could stick and have fun together.

Now compare her huge efforts to other members's, Kodaka is right that she's really serious about making friends. And remember, her initial reason to join Neighbor Club was not even for making friends, but because of Kodaka (well, anyone except for Kodaka or Sena were like that too ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
Haganai will turn into a love comedy in Vol. 9. And probably with much romance, kissing and... sex!
Am I the only one who think that's only Kodaka's dark humor/sarcasm about what he is facing? He has to reply a confession from high class ojou friend from the club who happens to be the daughter of his father's best friend and turns out his fiancee too. For Kodaka who often does tsukkomi, loves comedy (though everyone always say he sucks at it), and loves to read books and light novels, that line sounds like a good retort from him about his own life; not really hinting of the genre change.

And when he said "reply", that doesn't mean he will say yes, does he? Well I would love to see Kodaka and Sena in relationship, see others reaction, how he (and they) adapts to the change, etc but he can always reject Sena, so I won't hope too much
__________________
bakAnki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 14:03   Link #1228
mironicus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
What I wanted to imply is that Kodaka himself is not so serious about making friends because he has a love interest within the group of girls.

Rika reminds him of the original purpose of the club and she is the only one who takes it serious. And at the end of Vol. 7 Kodaka has a really guilty conscience because of her "Aren't we already friends?" comment.

And about the reply... he will agree because Sena is his only love interest. He was not able to tell her that he loves her because of his anxiety disorder. He was waiting that she confesses to him first.

You remember that Yozora was unable to tell Kodaka that she is Sora? He had to figure it out himself and he had to approach her. This is all related to her social phobia / anxiety disorder. Kodaka has a similar problem. He must be absolutely sure that the other partner loves him also, so he has to be approached first.

My interpretation is completely different because I consider that the author used his knowledge as a former loner to create the characters in this love story (look at the afterword of Vol. 1).
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 14:17   Link #1229
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
And about the reply... he will agree because Sena is his only love interest. He was not able to tell her that he loves her because of his anxiety disorder. He was waiting that she confesses to him first.
...Sena is not his "only love interest", and there is no indication that it's "anxiety disorder" that has prevented him from confessing his feelings to this point. You just completely invented that explanation as a reflexive justification for plot you believe is going to happen in the next volume without any evidence, and you're trying to pass it off as fact.

I've said so many times before that Sena is my favourite character in this story, but you can't rewrite the story's theme, premise, and plot to fit the outcome you want. Haganai is not "Sena and Kodaka's Love Story", whether they end up as the final couple or not.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 11:55   Link #1230
mironicus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Well, Haganai really shows you how to achieve true friendship and love from the standpoint from a loner with a social phobia. Kodaka is hiding his feelings until the very end. And Sena also was hiding her feelings until her confession.

Everything is explainable in Haganai, but you need to have the knowledge how loners with social phobia think and how they are choosing their partners and friends.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 11:57   Link #1231
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
At this point I can only say mironicus is engaging in some fantasy where any contradictions to his wishes that are in the book are being conveniently ignored.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 12:00   Link #1232
mironicus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
It's fine if you think so. Hirasaki Yomi made a good job if you don't believe me.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 12:56   Link #1233
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
if this was the anime thread i would understand your point since most sena's flaws were omitted in the anime, and her personality was toned down, but in the light novel there haven't been any real indication that kodaka does like sena that way, if something has been pointed its that he dont really like her personality and the way she treats kobato, and going by that, the closest at this point for a person to "like" for kodaka would be yukimura, since the only big problem kodaka had with her is that he tought she was a guy.
__________________
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 03:05   Link #1234
gopackgo
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
this is one manga that I have no clue who the main character is going to pick. I would like him to pick Sena but that would go against the basic manga rule of going with the first girl presented in the manga. IMO the safe bet would be that he chooses no one and we have a harem ending.

I doubt volume 9 will result in any relationships but I do agree that it will be a turning point in this manga for better or worse.
gopackgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 06:09   Link #1235
mustardfox
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
So you guys already guessing who will be Kodaka ended up with, as my personal opinion, the closest one to Kodaka is Yukimura, as he already know the Yukimura is in fact a girl therefore his mindset already shift from yukimura-kun to yukimura-san.

Rika also has a high chance to get Kodaka, since she has already approach Kodaka in frontal but a bit indirect ways, like changin her hairstyle and colour, and implying some of her feelings to him, but the real problem is, Kodaka, the more Rika push to him, the more Kodaka step away from her, thus makes her frontal approach abit futile (Read volume 7 to be precise)

As for Yozora and Sena is one thing, Yozora wants to keep Kodaka for herself as a childhood friend like 10 years ago, but the problem is all she did acting from the shadow, like making the club, smack him if he get close to others (for example, when Rika first joined the club and mentioning sex friend, Yozora screams), and making screenplay for CulFest, she become main protagonist while Kodaka act as childhood friend of the main protagonist and given alot of dialogue, which led other member to reject the script.

As far as i'm concern, Sena haven't ever meet boy like Kodaka, the way he acted and so on, therefor she find it interesting and develop an interest-love thingy towards him, on top of it their fathers are and still best friend, and made a promise to wed each of their kid when they grow up, but Kodaka himself doesn't want it.

There's another girl who make me think, in what ways does Kate Takayam sees Kodaka, as an older brother or something else?

Sorry for the long post, peace.......
mustardfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 01:39   Link #1236
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
So, today Vexed released the last remaining chapter of volume 7. I'm getting some pretty good vibes from the Student council president, ha. The end of the chapter was obviously the highlight of the volume.

I'm guessing that the 2 new named characters from volume 7 (the pres and Aoi) are going to have some sort of relevance in the upcoming volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozora
"...I've never talked to her, but I hate her to death."

-----

...Anyway, it's awful just being in the same school as her. Every time I see her, I'll wait till she goes by me, and then glare at her from behind, or quietly click my tongue at her, or something like that."
Amazing <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodaka
Actually, now that I think about it, she's only been getting worse recently...

She's always had plenty of pathetic habits, like talking to her air friend, but I get the feeling that she isn't even trying to hide them anymore now.

Back when I'd just transferred in, she at least looked perfect. I mean, she was like an intelligent, hard-to-approach cool beauty to me, but now... It's strange... When did she turn into such a hopeless case...
Even more Amazing <3
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-11-07 at 02:02.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 13:25   Link #1237
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Oh dear.. That last chapter of Vol 7 was a .. moody one. Yozora's getting worse, everyone's starting to change.. Rika's revealing her true self and Kodaka is terrified..

PLOT ADVANCE! I love how the characters are truly more than one dimensional.. but c'mon Kodaka, man up .. I have no sympathy for weak people. Zero.

Reply hazy, try again
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-09, 06:03   Link #1238
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
That closing probably would have won over Rika skeptics with a brilliant ending to volume 7 . I can't wait for volume 8 translations to come out
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 01:01   Link #1239
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Translation on volume 8 as finally started, short but very interesting chapter :

Spoiler:


That pretty much defines Kodaka, or what we haven't known about Kodaka up to this point, this chapter can give a lot to talk about....
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 05:53   Link #1240
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Furthermore Kodaka isn't your typical dense male lead. He is very sensitive in terms of social relationships. Furthermore he could already tell that the members of the club has feelings for him(even Kobato). He just doesn't want to see it or explore it cause he is very afraid of the outcome if he ever done so. For example it will the club into disorder if he show the he knows. Then the club or friends will have a hard time and more likely to dissolve. Kodaka only wants friends to be with him for along time however he got something more and he doesn't know what to do about it.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:30.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.