AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-29, 01:56   Link #1941
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Well, no, the way it was handled in this version made no sense at all because nothing was at stake during the argument. The kids weren't even trying to sell the chest at that point, so whether or not its contents were fake mattered to roughly no one in the store. It's like... just open the damned thing and find out.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 02:19   Link #1942
HybridBloodsZak
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well, no, the way it was handled in this version made no sense at all because nothing was at stake during the argument. The kids weren't even trying to sell the chest at that point, so whether or not its contents were fake mattered to roughly no one in the store. It's like... just open the damned thing and find out.
Nothing at stake? OK, I guess losing money that the appraiser would've robbed them is no big deal when the whole point of Gon and Killua selling items is to get funds for GI
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 12:49   Link #1943
Regaldo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
This wasn't a filler episode. All the scamming stuff they learn is important. It's to show what type of character Gon is and also to teach them things they use later on in the arc.
Regaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 23:36   Link #1944
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep49:
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 00:58   Link #1945
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I like this episode, especially the tailing part, but the music during Killu attempt to escape from Phinks was bland. I wonder how fast Killu was
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 01:01   Link #1946
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Damn, Killua is such a pimp, sipping his parfait as he's dishing out orders to Gon and Leorio.

The greatness of this ep is pretty self-evident - the tension in the sequence where the boys tail Nobunaga and Machi, the epic fight scene (with the same BGM as Gon x Hisoka) between Killua and Phinks (make a wish, Phinks). But what's really interesting is that this is exactly what Gon did to Hisoka, and Gerata did to Gon - the hunter is most vulnerable when on the hunt.

The collision of destinies set up now is truly epic. It's even better because everyone involved is completely unaware of their connections to most of the others involved.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 01:31   Link #1947
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridBloodsZak View Post
Nothing at stake? OK, I guess losing money that the appraiser would've robbed them is no big deal when the whole point of Gon and Killua selling items is to get funds for GI
You're missing the point. They wouldn't have lost any money. After Zepile showed up and told them about the possibility of the chest, all the rest of it was completely irrelevant. Either it has treasure inside, in which case they take the treasure, or it doesn't, in which case they can still sell the wood to appraiser. There is literally no reason for them to care about all that stuff at that point.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 01:36   Link #1948
Regaldo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
This was an intense episode. The BGM fit perfectly, the suspense, the build up. Man were in for ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
You're missing the point. They wouldn't have lost any money. After Zepile showed up and told them about the possibility of the chest, all the rest of it was completely irrelevant. Either it has treasure inside, in which case they take the treasure, or it doesn't, in which case they can still sell the wood to appraiser. There is literally no reason for them to care about all that stuff at that point.
It wasn't about the statue, it was more about Gon being interested in the conversation. The episode showed that.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-30 at 17:34.
Regaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 01:56   Link #1949
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regaldo View Post
It wasn't about the statue, it was more about Gon being interested in the conversation. The episode showed that.
That was the point, but it still made no sense. What did the guy from the backroom think he was accomplishing? Why did both sides take it so seriously? The only people who might care had no economic reason to care. Gon was curious, certainly, but that's not a reason for two unrelated people to have a pointless argument. They're not putting on a show for him. Every character's behavior should make sense from their own perspective, not just because it's convenient for the narrative.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 02:31   Link #1950
Regaldo
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
That was the point, but it still made no sense. What did the guy from the backroom think he was accomplishing? Why did both sides take it so seriously? The only people who might care had no economic reason to care. Gon was curious, certainly, but that's not a reason for two unrelated people to have a pointless argument. They're not putting on a show for him. Every character's behavior should make sense from their own perspective, not just because it's convenient for the narrative.
To tell you the truth. The bald guys appearance in the manga was short lived. Same with the 2011 anime. Their exchange had a purpose even though it doesn't make sense. I can't think of a better way to condense 4 chapters into 1 episode. Madhouse didn't care for the bald guy as you can see. He played his part for the sake of the narrative.Other than that I could care less about the guy.
Regaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 03:26   Link #1951
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 30
I love this series, and like this version a lot better than the original.

I, just as a few other people, would have liked them to adapt this entire arc, rather than just show us the things we did see. While at the same time understanding the writers' urge to get the plot underway and return to the action of today's episode. Which was awesome, by the way.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-30 at 17:20.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 03:55   Link #1952
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
they really kept the suspense in this episode, the pacing they're keeping os great, it doesn't feel like they are staggering about anything, but still in some parts the BGM can feel out of place, but overall i have to admit they proved my worries wrong with the las couple of episodes, and i really hope they kept it that way.
__________________

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-30 at 17:20.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 06:16   Link #1953
Sheba
Have a Yasen Problem
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Naval Base in the rectum of Pacific Ocean
Age: 34
I am just enjoying this version for what it have tried to do and have done.

As for the episode, it succeeded in making the chase suspenseful all while keeping the possibility of another cat stalking the cat up in the air. You could feel that something was off about the chase for Killua and Gon.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-09-30 at 17:21.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 09:18   Link #1954
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Retracing my steps.....
Excellent job of portraying the tension of stalking a deadly prey. The moment Nobunaga makes eye contact in their direction was perfectly done IMO.
__________________
"Do what I do in every friendship and relationship, give 5%" - Ron Bennington
TooPurePureBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 16:50   Link #1955
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Who was the guy next to Killua's dad when THe Nostrade guy mentioned the mafia brining in assassins?
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 16:51   Link #1956
NJZanDatsu
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Who was the guy next to Killua's dad when THe Nostrade guy mentioned the mafia brining in assassins?
Zeno Zoldyck. Killua's grandpa.
NJZanDatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 04:49   Link #1957
Haak
F**k my life...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
Holy crap that tension was off the charts! Brilliant episode.
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 07:48   Link #1958
shenzu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Anyone know the name for the soundtrack with the strings just before Killua does his awesome speed dash thing? I love those strings

Has it been released in an OST yet?
shenzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 12:00   Link #1959
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kagurazaka, Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenzu View Post
Anyone know the name for the soundtrack with the strings just before Killua does his awesome speed dash thing? I love those strings

Has it been released in an OST yet?
Yes, a few months back. I don't recall the name of that piece, but I adore it - the way it was used in the epic Gon x Hisoka battle in episode 35 was unbelievable.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 00:01   Link #1960
Arkeus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Well, this episode was pretty damn good.

Fun fun.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.