AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-28, 13:29   Link #10721
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
O_o how the heck can Oudo do anything that Medaka can't do? How's Nisio going to answer this one?
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 13:44   Link #10722
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
O_o how the heck can Oudo do anything that Medaka can't do? How's Nisio going to answer this one?
People keep asking this, we kinda got an example of what he could do right? I don't believe he'll beat him, I think this is when the swerve is going to happen, unless more and more people run in to help fight Iihiko, which sounds rather silly
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 14:00   Link #10723
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
I don't think I mentioned it here, but I think it's worth discussing: Oudo claims that, "right now, [he's] nobody", which suggests to me that he might be a member of the Shiranui family, that is, another double. (Maguro's?)
That'd give him a valid reason to be around and might help explain why or how he can subdue Iihiko.
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 14:02   Link #10724
SidVicious
Anime addict
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: São Paulo/Brazil
Age: 37
Word of power: Heal!

And that's it.
__________________
SidVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 14:33   Link #10725
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I don't think I mentioned it here, but I think it's worth discussing: Oudo claims that, "right now, [he's] nobody", which suggests to me that he might be a member of the Shiranui family, that is, another double. (Maguro's?)
That'd give him a valid reason to be around and might help explain why or how he can subdue Iihiko.
Actually, that was something I noticed too, considering the fact that Oudo is usually all 'The great me' and just in general sort of similar to Gilgamesh from FSN, for him to introduce himself with a 'I'm a nobody, it's just regular me' just seems so different from his previous personality. Curious to see where they take it, I was assuming it was just some type of character development that happened off-screen between appearances that may be shown in flashback
__________________
WORDS IN THE HEART CANNOT BE TAKEN

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 18:37   Link #10726
Wolfenstein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I don't think I mentioned it here, but I think it's worth discussing: Oudo claims that, "right now, [he's] nobody", which suggests to me that he might be a member of the Shiranui family, that is, another double. (Maguro's?)
That'd give him a valid reason to be around and might help explain why or how he can subdue Iihiko.

That's actually quite clever.

I don't know why he can subdue Iihiko when before, Zenkichi, Medaka and some others could move under the influcence of Weighted Words. Unless he got, like, legions stronger or something.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 18:10   Link #10727
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
That or we're throwing consistency out of the wonder for the sake of not giving a fuck.

__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 20:13   Link #10728
Chelydra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Are there exposed breasts/nipples in this series I saw the ecchi category and was curious... I have been looking for more manga/ln like high school dxd, omamori Hinamori and other ecchi things.
__________________
Set by Ceria
Chelydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 20:33   Link #10729
novalysis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelydra View Post
Are there exposed breasts/nipples in this series I saw the ecchi category and was curious... I have been looking for more manga/ln like high school dxd, omamori Hinamori and other ecchi things.
Medaka Box is the complete deconstruction of Shounen. Unless you happened to have taken great delight in the likes of
Spoiler for Madoka Magica,In compliance with Spoiler Policies, even though this is almost certainly common knowledge:
, I'm not sure whether this is for you.

But give it a try.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 20:34   Link #10730
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
open google
search hentai
go on pictures
be amazed.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 22:24   Link #10731
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Medaka Box is the deconstruction of Shounen simply for the literal act of doing it, 99% of the time it's horribly predictable even when it's supposedly 'unpredictable'.

I think Madoka Magica stuck to its guns for the sake of its story, even if it was somewhat done the same vein it at least felt genuine.
__________________
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:23   Link #10732
17Sevens
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
See I don't think Medaka Box is a deconstruction at all. Affectionate parody is more like it.
17Sevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:16   Link #10733
ndqanh_vn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
It's weird really.


Isn't Ashinin-san's character "flaw" or her main motivation is that she could not find the impossibility - as Medaka said, she could never lose, there nothing she could not do? It is a part of her motivation until now.

And why did the author say now that she has been losing this man for how long? There's something you could not do here, Ashinin-san, there's someone you cannot beat. So why do you have to find the impossibility or whatever it is? Isn't it a big contradiction to how Ashinin-san has always been portrayed until now?
True, she was sealed by Kumagawa, but it does not take long and it is implied that Kumagawa has sealed her due to her carelessness, rather that his raw power. I doubted she viewed it as a loss, and she has reason not to. But this guy has beaten her for thousands of time or so, it's proved that she could not beat him even though she wished to. I am surprised. Because that kind of humilation should have taught her the fact that she is not invincible, she is not a god, she could not do whatever she wants. Therefore that godlike complex, that mental problem the author says that she has (thinking the universe is fake because everything is just so unnaturally easy for her) should not have any reason or logic to exist.

I know that she is not invincible, heck it would be very boring for her to be so. But for her to be offed that fast, and that little history between her and the new guy is just like turning her characterization until now upside down.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:22   Link #10734
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
It's weird really.


Isn't Ashinin-san's character "flaw" or her main motivation is that she could not find the impossibility - as Medaka said, she could never lose, there nothing she could not do? It is a part of her motivation until now.

And why did the author say now that she has been losing this man for how long? There's something you could not do here, Ashinin-san, there's someone you cannot beat. So why do you have to find the impossibility or whatever it is?
From the sound of it, it seems she started looking for her impossibility after she lost to Iihiko after having achieved another goal that she had at that time. Her goal to find an impossibility was impeded by having to beat Iihiko or rather, people like him however it was proved possible when she had Zenkichi beat Medaka. Iihiko and Medaka were people of similar ilk. She can't beat Iihiko in battle, much like she wouldn't be able to beat Medaka in battle, which is why she decided to beat Medaka through different methods.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:42   Link #10735
ndqanh_vn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Medaka Box is the deconstruction of Shounen simply for the literal act of doing it, 99% of the time it's horribly predictable even when it's supposedly 'unpredictable'.

I think Madoka Magica stuck to its guns for the sake of its story, even if it was somewhat done the same vein it at least felt genuine.
I myself also did not think that is it much of a deconstruction. It likes to turn several fighting and shonen tropes around, but overall it still plays its cards very safely. It has somewhat an identity crisis, really. I think the "trolling" and stuff that the author writes are more for taking his audience aback than wanting to make some statement.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 05:22   Link #10736
DmonHiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Romania
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Well, since Iihiko's power is doing damnge that cannot be reversed, and he is still human, in theory, Ooudo's abnormality could subdue him. That has been mentioned, but who knows, maybe it's true.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 07:34   Link #10737
silvercover
Romance Expert
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
considering it again, wasnt akune nicknamed as the "destroyer" before being reformed? perhaps he might become relevant again by giving quite a challenge to iihiko. I think last carpet is on to something...
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 08:13   Link #10738
Guernsey
The GAP Man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
considering it again, wasnt akune nicknamed as the "destroyer" before being reformed? perhaps he might become relevant again by giving quite a challenge to iihiko. I think last carpet is on to something...
Akune couldn't 'destroy' Medaka, what makes you think that he stands a chance against Iihiko?
__________________
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 08:40   Link #10739
halibonga
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: toronto
this manga just keeps getting weirder and weirder... i guess the author loves to troll his readers
halibonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 10:21   Link #10740
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
People keep asking this, we kinda got an example of what he could do right? I don't believe he'll beat him, I think this is when the swerve is going to happen, unless more and more people run in to help fight Iihiko, which sounds rather silly
Actually, this sounds rather intriguing. I'd be amused if one after another all those people that we saw at the student council election all show up, and they start trying to help and all start to remember Shiranui?
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.