AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-29, 13:38   Link #581
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
^ I wasn't arguing that every end in the game is a valid alternate end for the story. I know that, but it's irrelevant to what I was trying to say.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 15:06   Link #582
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It did, in that scene. But IIRC the movie is to take place before that point.
Well, Ok, but where did the final episode of PMMM make it clear that Madoka could not communicate with Homura?


Quote:
So I think the movie will probably deal with how Homura gets those freaky powers that she's using in that scene and the ability to communicate with Madoka.

That's why I don't expect Madoka to be able to communicate with her from the start. Of course these are all just my assumptions.
If your assumptions are correct, I think that the final movie is going to be very Black Rock Shooter-esque.

I think that Madoka will go semi-crazy and hence sort of half-witchify, requiring Homura to somehow absorb Madoka into herself (in some bizarre metaphysical realm), creating those "Wings that would make Sephiroth blush" for Homura. It would also mean that Madoka is now "inside" of Homura forever, hence the telepathy.


Not sure if I want this or not, but it would be flashy and entertaining in some ways at least, lol.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 15:35   Link #583
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
I just hope for a lot of explosions.
__________________
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 16:20   Link #584
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
I think that Madoka will go semi-crazy and hence sort of half-witchify, requiring Homura to somehow absorb Madoka into herself (in some bizarre metaphysical realm), creating those "Wings that would make Sephiroth blush" for Homura. It would also mean that Madoka is now "inside" of Homura forever, hence the telepathy.
But we already got an explanation for those wings. And wouldn't that prevent Madoka from doing her job?
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 16:33   Link #585
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
But we already got an explanation for those wings. And wouldn't that prevent Madoka from doing her job?
Do we? I thought all we know is that those wings are an attack of hers, but we don't know if she always had it. And if she didn't we don't how she got it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 17:12   Link #586
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
The PSP game implies it to be a result of the paradox her knowledge gives her. Something about how she knows Madoka will come for her so she's never hopeless enough to get to that critical low.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 17:23   Link #587
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Something about how she knows Madoka will come for her so she's never hopeless enough to get to that critical low.
The game made that fan theory canon? Seriously? It's too coincidental. Do you have any translation on this so I can make my own conclusions? Since you said it was implied...
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-09-29 at 17:47.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 22:02   Link #588
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
I'm just going off what I read on 2chan. I haven't had a chance to play the game yet.

I know, I know, 2ch's not reliable, but I've seen entire threads coming to a consensus on it.

That being said, the PSP game canonized a buttload of fan theories. Basically everything except Homura being Walpurgis.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:29   Link #589
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I know, I know, 2ch's not reliable, but I've seen entire threads coming to a consensus on it.
But it's still a consensus over something that's never really stated. And we don't even have the actual dialog lines to make our own conclusions.

My point stands though. We don't know exactly where her powers comes from, we don't have the facts, only implications, and it would be really cool if the movie explains it and even makes it an actual plot point of the story.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:06   Link #590
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
It would be, yea. But a bunch of people who play the game seem to collaborate this information and it even seems to match the title of the attack it gives her in game, so I see no reason to doubt it at this time.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:43   Link #591
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
It would be, yea. But a bunch of people who play the game seem to collaborate this information and it even seems to match the title of the attack it gives her in game, so I see no reason to doubt it at this time.
But it's not information, it's just an interpretation, isn't it? You said it yourself: "the game implies..."

So there's nothing explicitly stated, right? The movie could cover that. May even go in a different direction. As long as it makes sense with whatever actual information was given in the game, the movie can go anywhere. Don't you think?

I'm just throwing out ideas though (and playing a bit of devil advocate). Who knows what they're going to do. Let's wait and see what happens.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I recall that there's only one person who can hear Madoka (Homura) and there's only two people who can see Madoka (Homura, and Madoka's brother Tatsuya).

Well, we don't know if Homura can, but the case of Tatsuya is explained in the audio commentary:
Quote:
In the Audio Commentary for Episode 12, Urobuchi explained that the reason Tatsuya knows about Madoka is because he can see her. He says it's how little children can see things they're not suppose to, because they don't know they're not suppose to see it. Sadly, Urobuchi also said when he grows up, he won't be able to anymore and will likely forget all about it.
So this is like in the movie City of Angels, where babies can "see" the angels. It's just a sort of nice easter egg with no special meaning. Tatsuya himself will stop "seeing" as he grows up, as Gen explains.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-09-30 at 12:52.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 14:25   Link #592
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The Golden Land
Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
But it's not information, it's just an interpretation, isn't it? You said it yourself: "the game implies..."

So there's nothing explicitly stated, right? The movie could cover that. May even go in a different direction. As long as it makes sense with whatever actual information was given in the game, the movie can go anywhere. Don't you think?

I'm just throwing out ideas though (and playing a bit of devil advocate). Who knows what they're going to do. Let's wait and see what happens.
I think you're putting too much stock in the syntax of a Japanese speaker using second-hand information to talk about Japanese stuff in a language he didn't grow up with. Just saying.

Quote:
So this is like in the movie City of Angels, where babies can "see" the angels. It's just a sort of nice easter egg with no special meaning. Tatsuya himself will stop "seeing" as he grows up, as Gen explains.
Unless Gen turns out to be wrong. :3

On the bright side, this means perhaps any child can see Madoka. If they all start gaggling about her and no one can find the source, it'll be a demonstrably supernatural event.
__________________
When the Silent Spirits Cry: An Umineko/Silent Hill crossover fanfiction
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4565173&postcount=531
AuraTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 15:01   Link #593
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I think you're putting too much stock in the syntax of a Japanese speaker using second-hand information to talk about Japanese stuff in a language he didn't grow up with. Just saying.
I just don't take interpretations too seriously unless they're my own.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
On the bright side, this means perhaps any child can see Madoka. If they all start gaggling about her and no one can find the source, it'll be a demonstrably supernatural event.
They could add this in the SOL version of Madoka that Shinbo dreams about.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 18:46   Link #594
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, we don't know if Homura can, but the case of Tatsuya is explained in the audio commentary:


So this is like in the movie City of Angels, where babies can "see" the angels. It's just a sort of nice easter egg with no special meaning. Tatsuya himself will stop "seeing" as he grows up, as Gen explains.
Why does this give me the idea of Madoka playing Peter Pan in the new Madoka-verse?

Maybe Madoka has set up a mystical NeverNeverLand where she takes young kids for exciting dreams where "Peter Pan" Madoka fights against Captain Hook (maybe played by the soul of Sayaka ) in staged theatrical adventures for kids, lol.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 20:56   Link #595
Kimidori
Let's Play
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
more visual comparison between the BD and Movie version.

look like Sayaka's "fortissimo" hairpin become official now, wonder if it have any special meaning.





__________________
Kimidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 21:41   Link #596
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
That hairpin is far too big. Subtlety doesn't imply weakness!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 23:10   Link #597
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
more visual comparison between the BD and Movie version.

look like Sayaka's "fortissimo" hairpin become official now, wonder if it have any special meaning.
Her boyfriend plays music I'm sure. And she also listens to classical music (thanks to BF).
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 04:19   Link #598
totoum
Oppai warrior
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Also i'd say "fortissimo" describes Sayaka's personality quite well.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 14:37   Link #599
1337_haxor
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Cool Well...

I don't want to elaborate much but here is what I think will happen in the third movie:

Spoiler for Long bunch of speculation...:
1337_haxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 14:49   Link #600
getdoubles
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
That is even more depressing than the eternal story ending.
getdoubles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
madoka magica, movie

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.