AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-30, 22:39   Link #2501
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Quote:
Direct translation of 'Kokyo Shihen' from Japanese (Romaji) to English is 'Psalms of Planets'.
No, that's assigned translation, direct would be "symphonic psalms".
Not that either mean anything.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 02:20   Link #2502
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
ReddyRedWolf: is there some kind of online source you can point me to with that information about that ship? Is it sourced from one of the guidebooks or something?
Here is a review of the movie.
http://www.therossman.com/rrr/anime/...ven_movie.html

I just watched the movie I was wrong it is some overtly large SAR craft.

Though the movie does give hints as to the nature of AO universe and others like it. Probably a clue what Quartz really is and its purpose.

And probably why Secrets are an antibody response to Scub and Quartz.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 10:46   Link #2503
Raincollie
A certain collie of rain.
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
I think I'm up to something.
Has it been implied what would have happened had Adroc not removed the Amita drive back at the experiment with Eureka and "saved the world"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
No, that's assigned translation, direct would be "symphonic psalms".
Not that either mean anything.
Really? Then I have been foiled for quite a few months by the translator I'm using. :|
Sorry about the ruckus, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Here is a review of the movie.
http://www.therossman.com/rrr/anime/...ven_movie.html

I just watched the movie I was wrong it is some overtly large SAR craft.
I just read that review, and can't find any relevance in it to the conversation here. That dude didn't mention the ship at all. :\
And, not trying to oppose your opinion, just honestly wondering- what made you think it was a Search and Rescue ship? Obviously by its behavior, coming down to 'survivors' like that in order to rescue them, it does make sense that it's one, but (correct me if I'm wrong) haven't Renton and Eureka appeared in Neverland in that ending scene? Would there really be anyone to 'rescue' them there? And rescue from what?

Last edited by Raincollie; 2012-10-01 at 11:08.
Raincollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 13:26   Link #2504
RiderLeangle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raincollie View Post
On a different note, are there any ideas around on whether the Nirvash we see with Renton is the actual real Nirvash from Kokyoshihen (or perhaps the Spec V from Poketto ga Niji de Ippai) or just another one of Renton's newer creations?
What it seems to be is a modified version of Spec 3, probably some time stuff made it so Nirvash could return to them and somewhere along the line Renton tried to mechanically upgrade it...
Although at the same time this feels like a stupid theory... XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marower View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This just felt odd. Will it ever be adressed? I doubt it.
I think that's just a visual nod to the fans with no significance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Valein View Post
EDIT2: Also found these while trawling the grand internets:

Quote:
=Scub is ominous and threatening after it should have reached enlightenment

Yes, it's another complaint with Ao. The scub's behaviour makes no freaking sense compared to the one in E7.

There's also the fact than when it needed to contact humans, it went for infecting a human girl with magic asthma instead of contacting THE GOD DAMNED HUMAN-CORALIAN HYBRID LIVING NEXT TO HER.

I get that it's a cliché for the girl to be the mysterious prophet figure, but no, dude, no, that just doesn't freaking work. Ao's is Eureka's fucking son, if ANYBODY should be contacted by the scub, it's him.
Why do people find the Scub's behavior in AO wrong... Does everyone seem to forget the detail that it drove humans off of earth for 1000s of years... From the start of the show I figured this is just what happened before it got to the point everyone had to leave the planet...

As for why the Scub chose Naru instead of Ao... I kind of just figured that was because Ao already was half Coralian so making a link to him would be "useless", probably because the Scub sees him more as one of it than a human, so the Scub figured it wouldn't be making communication like that...

And this second part is probably one of those other theories that feels stupid to say...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Naru tells him that Ao's Nirvash can't beat Truth because he hasn't an archetype. And she knows this... how?
She probably knows it because of her apparent ability to communicate with the Scub, considering her time with Nirvash TypeZERO she should already be aware of the Archetype, and she'd be able to tell that Mark 1 is a machine...


You know I'm going to stop now before I feel stupid for sharing any of these more theories that can be stupid and plausible at the same time
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 13:27   Link #2505
miketyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Thanks ReddyRedWolf, that review is a pretty good refresher on the movie.
Spoiler for Comment:
.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 13:33   Link #2506
zeroron
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The spec 3 at the end was organic. This spec V is not. It wouldn't make sense for an organic frame to evolve into a robot.
im not saying evolve into robot but evolve itts organic inframe and with renton new knowledge of scubs and lfo reoutfit it
zeroron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 14:03   Link #2507
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raincollie View Post
but (correct me if I'm wrong) haven't Renton and Eureka appeared in Neverland in that ending scene? Would there really be anyone to 'rescue' them there? And rescue from what?
Spoiler:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 18:19   Link #2508
Tyr Valein
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderLeangle View Post
Why do people find the Scub's behavior in AO wrong... Does everyone seem to forget the detail that it drove humans off of earth for 1000s of years... From the start of the show I figured this is just what happened before it got to the point everyone had to leave the planet...
Because the series admits that the Scub appearing here in the past CAME from the future. Renton and Eureka were doing experiments to find out why it was disappearing and Eureka was accidentally sent to the past with the Gekko and the Spec2. We didn't forget that this might be the event that pushed humanity off the planet, its just not possible.

The original E7 states that the Scub didn't know anything about humanity when it arrived. Why would the Scub, after becoming enlightened, return to the past and suddenly lose all its memories of what happened before?

THIS is why people are so upset. E7:AO says the Scub came from the future. The Scub KNOWS about Renton and Eureka. It doesn't make sense that the Scub wouldn't recognize Ao as one of its own, even being half human. And even if it didn't, Eureka came to the past too. Why didn't the Scub contact her then?

In the end, we're left assuming that they forgot their own lore and just chose Naru as the vehicle of the Scubs' will out of plot contrivance.

Another example of the out of place behavior of the Scub is them allowing themselves to be suicide bombed by Secrets. Orange wasn't even totally annihilating the Scub, just hurting it enough that large portions of it were waking up. The Secrets are. Why in the WORLD would they deploy antibody coralians to defend themselves in the case of the former and not the later?

We've considered this for a long time, trust me. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Quote:
As for why the Scub chose Naru instead of Ao... I kind of just figured that was because Ao already was half Coralian so making a link to him would be "useless", probably because the Scub sees him more as one of it than a human, so the Scub figured it wouldn't be making communication like that...

And this second part is probably one of those other theories that feels stupid to say...
Well, that doesn't excuse why the Scub didn't TRY. Ao is the shining example of the ability of Scubs and humans to co-exist in peace. Why wouldn't he be the human-coralian ambassador? The Scub literally told them to be together and show the way for the rest of humankind. Even if it chose someone else for some inexplicable reason (Naru), why wouldn't that person (Naru) uphold Ao as the example that people don't need to fear the Scub Coral and they can live together without trying to kill each other?

And even then, Eureka has shown (episode 49) that she can hear the voice of the Scub (she noted that she couldn't hear them anymore after the Command Cluster is destroyed). Why wouldn't the Scub just dial her up when she arrived in the past? She is the first coralian to successfully fulfill the mission the Scub gave to her. Why wouldn't it recognize her?

And with what we've learned in episode 22, why in the world would the Scub be destroying multiple universes after becoming enlightened and telling Renton and Eureka to show the way to all life on the planet?

You're not being stupid. There's a lack of information for any of us to solve this thing out. Even at 22/24 episodes we're STILL grasping for straws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroron View Post
im not saying evolve into robot but evolve itts organic inframe and with renton new knowledge of scubs and lfo reoutfit it
There are so many thing wrong with the way the series has been going, I'm not sure how to even respond to this. Its that hard to trace what in the world has been going on.

First, there's the fact that the Spec2 inexplicably appeared in the past and Eureka was piloting it, even though Spec2 evolved into Spec3 and LEFT. We can assume that this is another one that Renton built, but its never stated that it is. We're just left to think that its the original with no explanation (probably so we could be all nostalgic).

Second, (ignoring all the prior) we know that Naru is currently in control of the Spec2. Which makes it physically impossible for Renton's Nirvash to be a Spec3 with armor. The fact that Renton built the RA272 probably means he built this Nirvash too.
Tyr Valein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:33   Link #2509
RiderLeangle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
No... I still feel stupid for somehow derping on the fact the Scubs in AO came from the future... did this happen in the last couple of episodes and somehow I forgot it because I was busy trying to clean up the mess of releases that happened when *someone in group who will not be named* tried to bypass the main editors of the subs... >_<

And yeah, you don't have to remind me of the familiar Eureka seveN series, I sure as hell know that one, kinda special to me in a way <3

As for how Spec 2 and Spec 3 could exist together I just figured that was more time shit... it doesn't make sense for Spec 2 to be in AO at all...
RiderLeangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:50   Link #2510
zeroron
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
The spec 3 at the end was organic. This spec V is not. It wouldn't make sense for an organic frame to evolve into a robot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Valein View Post
Because the series admits that the Scub appearing here in the past CAME from the future. Renton and Eureka were doing experiments to find out why it was disappearing and Eureka was accidentally sent to the past with the Gekko and the Spec2. We didn't forget that this might be the event that pushed humanity off the planet, its just not possible.

The original E7 states that the Scub didn't know anything about humanity when it arrived. Why would the Scub, after becoming enlightened, return to the past and suddenly lose all its memories of what happened before?

THIS is why people are so upset. E7:AO says the Scub came from the future. The Scub KNOWS about Renton and Eureka. It doesn't make sense that the Scub wouldn't recognize Ao as one of its own, even being half human. And even if it didn't, Eureka came to the past too. Why didn't the Scub contact her then?

In the end, we're left assuming that they forgot their own lore and just chose Naru as the vehicle of the Scubs' will out of plot contrivance.

Another example of the out of place behavior of the Scub is them allowing themselves to be suicide bombed by Secrets. Orange wasn't even totally annihilating the Scub, just hurting it enough that large portions of it were waking up. The Secrets are. Why in the WORLD would they deploy antibody coralians to defend themselves in the case of the former and not the later?

We've considered this for a long time, trust me. It doesn't make any sense at all.



Well, that doesn't excuse why the Scub didn't TRY. Ao is the shining example of the ability of Scubs and humans to co-exist in peace. Why wouldn't he be the human-coralian ambassador? The Scub literally told them to be together and show the way for the rest of humankind. Even if it chose someone else for some inexplicable reason (Naru), why wouldn't that person (Naru) uphold Ao as the example that people don't need to fear the Scub Coral and they can live together without trying to kill each other?

And even then, Eureka has shown (episode 49) that she can hear the voice of the Scub (she noted that she couldn't hear them anymore after the Command Cluster is destroyed). Why wouldn't the Scub just dial her up when she arrived in the past? She is the first coralian to successfully fulfill the mission the Scub gave to her. Why wouldn't it recognize her?

And with what we've learned in episode 22, why in the world would the Scub be destroying multiple universes after becoming enlightened and telling Renton and Eureka to show the way to all life on the planet?

You're not being stupid. There's a lack of information for any of us to solve this thing out. Even at 22/24 episodes we're STILL grasping for straws.



There are so many thing wrong with the way the series has been going, I'm not sure how to even respond to this. Its that hard to trace what in the world has been going on.

First, there's the fact that the Spec2 inexplicably appeared in the past and Eureka was piloting it, even though Spec2 evolved into Spec3 and LEFT. We can assume that this is another one that Renton built, but its never stated that it is. We're just left to think that its the original with no explanation (probably so we could be all nostalgic).

Second, (ignoring all the prior) we know that Naru is currently in control of the Spec2. Which makes it physically impossible for Renton's Nirvash to be a Spec3 with armor. The fact that Renton built the RA272 probably means he built this Nirvash too.
not impossible because the could simple find another achetype retrofit ot and use the amita drive and satori program i say this becuase E7tv showed that the two archetype based lfo gave of nirvash signatures nirvash may just be a loose term coroliab achetype based lfos
zeroron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 22:06   Link #2511
Tyr Valein
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderLeangle View Post
No... I still feel stupid for somehow derping on the fact the Scubs in AO came from the future... did this happen in the last couple of episodes and somehow I forgot it because I was busy trying to clean up the mess of releases that happened when *someone in group who will not be named* tried to bypass the main editors of the subs... >_<

And yeah, you don't have to remind me of the familiar Eureka seveN series, I sure as hell know that one, kinda special to me in a way <3

As for how Spec 2 and Spec 3 could exist together I just figured that was more time shit... it doesn't make sense for Spec 2 to be in AO at all...
Don't worry about it. It was in episode 14 I think? When Eureka says she and Renton were doing experiments on the Scub to find why it was disappearing (in their own time). So they pretty much sacrificed the Gekko to said experiments. The result was Eureka was sent back to the past during that whole atmospheric re-entry sequence in the episode before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroron View Post
not impossible because the could simple find another achetype retrofit ot and use the amita drive and satori program i say this becuase E7tv showed that the two archetype based lfo gave of nirvash signatures nirvash may just be a loose term coroliab achetype based lfos
No. First, the Nirvash (typeZERO) was unique among LFOs for reasons I've listed before. It is strongly implied that the Amita Drive and Satori program wouldn't work with any other LFO. Most notably, Eureka doesn't talk to any of the other LFOs on the Gekko, despite them also having archetypes. Random archetype + Amita Drive ≠ Nirvash.

Nirvash is NOT a loose term collaborating archetype-based LFOs. While we don't know what exactly makes a Nirvash archetype qualify for the name, we can assume that Nirvash LFOs have a coralian partner(artificial coralian in Anemone's case) and certain properties (sentience being one of them). theEND had a lot of unique properties but not as many as the typeZERO did.

What we have in Astral Ocean is an example of the writers just taking the name and running with it. I'm getting the strong feeling that the current ones didn't really pay too much attention to the original series.
Tyr Valein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 22:28   Link #2512
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
You keep beating me to the punch, Tyr. But, just to address one point, Renton using the name isn't necessarily ignoring the original series, just honoring the original with a new series based on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroron View Post
not impossible because the could simple find another achetype retrofit ot and use the amita drive and satori program i say this becuase E7tv showed that the two archetype based lfo gave of nirvash signatures nirvash may just be a loose term coroliab achetype based lfos
All LFOs used archetypes, but the Nirvash had a unique one that was only ever matched by the one in TheEND. The Nirvash Renton is running is just a legacy version. It's made in the same style as his other robot Nirvash, so it likely isn't organic in any way. The Amita drive only ever worked with the real Nirvash, and it doesn't just create upgrades to the user's whim. It responds to primal desire and both times it creates an upgrade it does it of its own accord. Renton couldn't just use it to arbitrarily upgrade the Nirvash, especially when the Amita drive is in the spec2 right now.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 22:30   Link #2513
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Valein View Post
Because the series admits that the Scub appearing here in the past CAME from the future. Renton and Eureka were doing experiments to find out why it was disappearing and Eureka was accidentally sent to the past with the Gekko and the Spec2. We didn't forget that this might be the event that pushed humanity off the planet, its just not possible.
Clearly you didn't watch Eureka 7 and believed Naru at face value.

The Scub arrived from space destroying the space craft called Eureka 7 and landing in the ocean assimilating coral. That is why they are called Scub Coral.

As seen with Eureka and the Gekko the Scub coral were teleporting somewhere else. In this case the AO universe.

The Scub Coral did not come from space but from another universe. As seen with Renton he is moving universe to universe looking for his family and the means to save the multiverse. The world he is on is the Pocketful of Rainbows universe 10,000 years later. Saying another world was destroyed as the Scub broke pass the quarantine.

Quote:
In the end, we're left assuming that they forgot their own lore and just chose Naru as the vehicle of the Scubs' will out of plot contrivance.
Again you weren't paying attention. Like Elena Naru saw what she wanted. Naru was the first Coral Carrier because she was there when the Scub tried assimilate a Secret.

Scubs coming back to life and masses of Coralian Carriers. Everything she did was for Ao. She said that herself. In her twisted mind if the world discriminates Ao because he is different then she'll make everybody the same as him. She pulled a Magneto.

Only now did she realize her mistake as facts are laid bare. She was harming lots of people now that Truth is on a rampage. As high Trapar concentrations has a bad effect on Coral Carriers.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 22:38   Link #2514
zeroron
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Valein View Post
Don't worry about it. It was in episode 14 I think? When Eureka says she and Renton were doing experiments on the Scub to find why it was disappearing (in their own time). So they pretty much sacrificed the Gekko to said experiments. The result was Eureka was sent back to the past during that whole atmospheric re-entry sequence in the episode before.



No. First, the Nirvash (typeZERO) was unique among LFOs for reasons I've listed before. It is strongly implied that the Amita Drive and Satori program wouldn't work with any other LFO. Most notably, Eureka doesn't talk to any of the other LFOs on the Gekko, despite them also having archetypes. Random archetype + Amita Drive ≠ Nirvash.

Nirvash is NOT a loose term collaborating archetype-based LFOs. While we don't know what exactly makes a Nirvash archetype qualify for the name, we can assume that Nirvash LFOs have a coralian partner(artificial coralian in Anemone's case) and certain properties (sentience being one of them). theEND had a lot of unique properties but not as many as the typeZERO did.

What we have in Astral Ocean is an example of the writers just taking the name and running with it. I'm getting the strong feeling that the current ones didn't really pay too much attention to the original series.
first i didnt say just any lfo i said coralian based achetype and by that i mean achetype that cArry the name nirvash also it wouldnt be that unlikely that theEND could utilize the satori program and amita drive dew to the fact that all the time they showed its cockpit there was no compact drive just like the nirvash didnt originally have oneso if one was equiped and the amita drive had been installed it could have unlock the the seven swell of some form of it,also the fact that it retained enough of its pilots emotions to move and and both purify itself on its own, another thing is that dewey keep anemone and theEND becuase he same them as a back if he had lost eureka so that implies that if he had possesion of the amitadrive hewould ofusedit ontheEND
zeroron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 22:45   Link #2515
zeroron
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
also how is everyone comming to the conclusion that its the pocketful of rainbows universe is becuase of how the new nirvash looks or is there sone hard factual evidence that im missing
zeroron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 22:51   Link #2516
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroron View Post
first i didnt say just any lfo i said coralian based achetype and by that i mean achetype that cArry the name nirvash also it wouldnt be that unlikely that theEND could utilize the satori program and amita drive dew to the fact that all the time they showed its cockpit there was no compact drive just like the nirvash didnt originally have oneso if one was equiped and the amita drive had been installed it could have unlock the the seven swell of some form of it,also the fact that it retained enough of its pilots emotions to move and and both purify itself on its own, another thing is that dewey keep anemone and theEND becuase he same them as a back if he had lost eureka so that implies that if he had possesion of the amitadrive hewould ofusedit ontheEND
Use periods, please. I don't mean to be insulting but it takes barely a second to do so and makes reading so much easier. Now for more reasons why this is wrong.

Nirvash is just a name. It isn't the name of the archetype, it's the name of the entire unit. The Nirvash's archetype was unique, and the only one with which the Amita Drive worked. TheEND is not the same thing. For that matter, to claim that there was no Compac Drive is foolish because it had a completely atypical cockpit. There's no empty slot to make your claim true. Futuremore, considering TheEND is either a) a pile of scrap metal in his universe or b) an abandoned LFO in Ao's universe, either way you slice it he could not have upgraded it as you're trying to claim. This new Nirvash isn't the same one. The real Nirvash is currently in its spec2 form for whatever reason and it still has the Amita Drive with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroron View Post
also how is everyone comming to the conclusion that its the pocketful of rainbows universe is becuase of how the new nirvash looks or is there sone hard factual evidence that im missing
Because that ship Renton is looting comes from that universe.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 23:14   Link #2517
Tyr Valein
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Clearly you didn't watch Eureka 7 and believed Naru at face value.

The Scub arrived from space destroying the space craft called Eureka 7 and landing in the ocean assimilating coral. That is why they are called Scub Coral.

As seen with Eureka and the Gekko the Scub coral were teleporting somewhere else. In this case the AO universe.
First, I know why the Scub is called Scub Coral, anybody who has been debating up to this point and at this depth should.
Second, I hadn't talked about Naru at all really (except to wonder why coral carriers were necessary in the first place), so I'm not sure where you got that I didn't watch Eureka 7. In fact, I've been watching over and over just so I can get a better idea of where things don't make sense in AO. Diane explained the origins of the Scub Coral well enough in episode 47.

Quote:
The Scub Coral did not come from space but from another universe. As seen with Renton he is moving universe to universe looking for his family and the means to save the multiverse. The world he is on is the Pocketful of Rainbows universe 10,000 years later. Saying another world was destroyed as the Scub broke pass the quarantine.
Its never said that the rain of Scub Coral that destroyed the rocket "Eureka" from the original series originated from another universe. We still don't really know where the Scub Coral originates from, even at this point. Even the fact that Renton is moving from universe to universe doesn't confirm that, especially considering that the Scub never did stuff like this before or was even aware of its ability to occupy a multitude of dimensions at one time.

We still don't know what this "quarantine" is, or why the Scub is destroying worlds. Especially when the Scub we know and love would never do things like this. Or at least that's what the original E7 would have us believe. If the Scub is truly a dimension hopping entity, why hasn't the Scub from E7 met up with the Scub from other universes and given them the proof that humankind can live together with them and they don't need to commit genocide on a multidimensional level?

Quote:
Again you weren't paying attention. Like Elena Naru saw what she wanted. Naru was the first Coral Carrier because she was there when the Scub tried assimilate a Secret.

Scubs coming back to life and masses of Coralian Carriers. Everything she did was for Ao. She said that herself. In her twisted mind if the world discriminates Ao because he is different then she'll make everybody the same as him. She pulled a Magneto.

Only now did she realize her mistake as facts are laid bare. She was harming lots of people now that Truth is on a rampage. As high Trapar concentrations has a bad effect on Coral Carriers.
I WAS paying attention. I understand that Naru became a coral carrier thanks to the Scub's attempt to co-opt a Secret. The question is WHY would the Scub start turning people into Coral Carriers at Naru's behest? Surely the Scub would know better. I guess you can say the Scub might have thought it was a good idea at the time to bring it and humans closer together but its never stated what it was thinking. All we know is Naru says "jump!" and the Scub Coral has been asking "how high?"

And even then, all this STILL doesn't explain why the Scub Coral hasn't tried to contact Ao yet (or why he isn't just privy to Scub communications telepathically like his mother was). Or why it hadn't contacted Eureka immediately. Or why there's been no Antibody Coralians or anything of the sort. The Scub didn't try to assimilate any of the cities that had been attacked with Orange, the first thing it did was respond to the attack with antibodies.


Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Use periods, please. I don't mean to be insulting but it takes barely a second to do so and makes reading so much easier. Now for more reasons why this is wrong.

Nirvash is just a name. It isn't the name of the archetype, it's the name of the entire unit. The Nirvash's archetype was unique, and the only one with which the Amita Drive worked. TheEND is not the same thing. For that matter, to claim that there was no Compac Drive is foolish because it had a completely atypical cockpit. There's no empty slot to make your claim true. Futuremore, considering TheEND is either a) a pile of scrap metal in his universe or b) an abandoned LFO in Ao's universe, either way you slice it he could not have upgraded it as you're trying to claim. This new Nirvash isn't the same one. The real Nirvash is currently in its spec2 form for whatever reason and it still has the Amita Drive with it.
You beat me to it this time I see. But yeah, basically what you said. It just adds to the confusion that theEND was whole and everything. Or why there were Monsoonos around it. I get the feeling that it was just nostalgia-bait and we will never know what the hell that was about.
Tyr Valein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 23:16   Link #2518
zeroron
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Use periods, please. I don't mean to be insulting but it takes barely a second to do so and makes reading so much easier. Now for more reasons why this is wrong.

Nirvash is just a name. It isn't the name of the archetype, it's the name of the entire unit. The Nirvash's archetype was unique, and the only one with which the Amita Drive worked. TheEND is not the same thing. For that matter, to claim that there was no Compac Drive is foolish because it had a completely atypical cockpit. There's no empty slot to make your claim true. Futuremore, considering TheEND is either a) a pile of scrap metal in his universe or b) an abandoned LFO in Ao's universe, either way you slice it he could not have upgraded it as you're trying to claim. This new Nirvash isn't the same one. The real Nirvash is currently in its spec2 form for whatever reason and it still has the Amita Drive with it.

Because that ship Renton is looting comes from that universe.
once a gain im not calling the achetype its self the nirvash im using nirvash as a term to describe LFO's that have sentience from having a coralien pilots emotion etched in them. second yo use theEND's atypical cockpit isnt a valid excuse either. third if the nirvash evolveto spec3 what would be the purpose of devolving at thats basicaly revert back to a state when it couldnt utilize thenseven swell to the full wouldnt it make more sense to evole again with a new form with the right amount of power to help renton find eureka just like it did in episode 50 and 51. and finally the part that will blow your mind the amita drive can be duplicated due to the fact that it wasnt discovered it was built by adrock so what to say that new genius better that axel and adrock couldnt recreate it and even go as far as to analyze the satori program and duplicate that as well and implicating in on an LFO thats retrofitted. p.s. the nirvash didnt have homing laser but now it does why would an LFO that can use a concentrated trapar ball as a weapon need lasers
zeroron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 23:16   Link #2519
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
But there were no scubs in that universe, only Eizo. Don't tell me the scubs aren't just invading only one universe.
__________________
Kurohane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 23:24   Link #2520
Tyr Valein
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
But there were no scubs in that universe, only Eizo. Don't tell me the scubs aren't just invading only one universe.
That's what the ending of episode 22 implies. But the question of the day is WHYYY?!!!!!

The Scub was supposed to have reached enlightenment. Did it suddenly renege on its decision and decide to exterminate humanity? Maybe we'll find out in episodes 23/24, maybe not.
Tyr Valein is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
harem, mecha, military, romance, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.