AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-26, 00:57   Link #1
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
[Manga] Naruto Chapter 604 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Confirmed spoilers have been released:

Quote:
-Obito goes off to save his friends. Madara confronts him before he leaves to tell Obito that he will be back.

-Obito, while traveling, is briefly able to see Rin in distress. This apprears to be an image from Obito's other eye (in Kakashi's head).

-Obito finds Kakashi and Rin, only to see a horrific sight: Kakashi shoving a chidori through Rin's heart. Chapter ends.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-10-02 at 09:01.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 03:18   Link #2
Seitsuki
Onee!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Auckland, NZ
604 is out. Strange that the thread is late this time :P

All I can say is.. I don't even.. *deadpan* what a twist.

/wrist
__________________
thanks to Patchy ♥
Seitsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 03:37   Link #3
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
It's just that we got an early chapter, they usually come out on Wednesday. Fun chapter, looking forward to the next one.
__________________
Kafriel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 04:06   Link #4
Kenu
magoi, magoi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
604 is out. Strange that the thread is late this time :P

All I can say is.. I don't even.. *deadpan* what a twist.

/wrist
I had a gut feeling it would be like this.. there'd be nothing else to make Obito turn like he did without such a catalyst...
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 04:18   Link #5
Lunarskylar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Dark Side of The Moon
when it comes to the death of a beloved person changing a character's entire personality, kishimoto always has a twist, and i love it

it reminds me of when yahiko died. we were all "yea yea he died, why is that so traumatizing to you nagato?" then when we finally found out how, it was all.... oh you indirectly killed him yourself... how traumatizing

so... best friend who you gave your eye to and asked to protect your loved one, killed said loved one using the ability that only works properly with your eye... and your 12

alright, tobi makes enough sense for me now,

the whole eyes being connected scene, i wonder if tobi ever gains control of that ability
__________________
Lunarskylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 04:46   Link #6
Mateus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Wait is the Madara = dead confusion going about on account that it was said he awakened 'Rinnegan' before his death BUT gave the eyes to Nagato, BUT found and saved Obito/Tobi and told him all of the above...hmm maybe there is grounds for confusion, carry on.
__________________
Account closing soon, found original account, thanks.
Mateus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 04:48   Link #7
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
So Tobi being able to watch what Zetsu recorded is due to their mental connection. Similar to a kage bunshin knowledge transfer.

And Kakashi obtained the MS because he killed Rin. Who would have thought

It also explains Kakashi's personality a bit, i think he lost motivation because of these events that happened to him and that's why he didn't really become a kage level guy. Instead of facing the real world he escaped into Jiraiya's imaginary world by reading the books even when working. It was probably Naruto who gave him back his motivation to be a better ninja, because until he meets with Naruto he didn't progress at all, then in the timeskip he suddenly obtained MS, it does seem like his motivation to become stronger is to protect Naruto.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 06:00   Link #8
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
where's the new chapter thread? where's james?
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 06:32   Link #9
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles,California
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
damn, i need to know why. has to be a good reason too, not a simple little.......in all the confusion he did it by accident.
__________________
Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 06:59   Link #10
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The top of the world.
Age: 24
Wow... I did not expect that. Tho there must be some explanation for Kakashi killing Rin. I wouldn't put it above Madara to have something to do with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
where's the new chapter thread? where's james?
No idea! Maybe she is of traveling again.
__________________
My Twitter account! Thanks to Godlike1889 for the sig!
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 07:11   Link #11
drulo
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Wow... I did not expect that. Tho there must be some explanation for Kakashi killing Rin. I wouldn't put it above Madara to have something to do with this.
I think the top reasons for that could be

1. Madara planned it out
2. Confusion during the battle
3. Some other reason

__________________
drulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 07:24   Link #12
Lunarskylar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Dark Side of The Moon
well interestingly enough is the fact that obito always said "you -let- rin die" not "you killed her"
and he didn't blame kakashi either so he claims

wondering if its some poison or some other position where death was the lesser of two evils
__________________
Lunarskylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 07:44   Link #13
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
And Kakashi obtained the MS because he killed Rin. Who would have thought
was searching an answer to that since the very first season of naruto shippuden, looks like i found one....

Obito blaming Kakashi for Rin's death wasn't that irrational after all, now i can picture Obito, why Obito is what he is right now, now there definitely is some reason for kakashi killing rin, but may be it is after losing his own comrades kakashi realized their importance and then he believed that comrades are more important than the mission

And Kishi finally made up for some blunders i thought, and he did it so....intensively.
__________________
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 07:49   Link #14
Bombo
TSF Fans
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
I can't wait for the reason for his action .!!!!!
Maybe the eye controlling from madara!?
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 08:46   Link #15
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
now.... we understand Obito's pain....
but why Kakashi do that??? under genjutsu??? or don't tell me Obito is the one who is under genjutsu...
awww.. so Rin died not long after Obito???
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 08:50   Link #16
mystogan
The Lost Lamb
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: in Darkness
^it is neither a genjutsu nor any kind of eye controlling from madara, because we can actually see kakashi crying at the last page
__________________
mystogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 09:05   Link #17
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Still, this makes Tobi's "defeat" all the more easily accomplished. Tobi will beat up on Kakashi and Gai for a few chapters until the real truth of the situation is revealed (undoubtedly something involved with Madara and Zetsu...or maybe Rin was simply upset that she still doesn't have a last name), resulting in Tobi switching side...only to be killed by Madara, Black Zetsu (who will be revealed to be...) or Sasuke (who makes his grand appearance).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 09:09   Link #18
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
^it is neither a genjutsu nor any kind of eye controlling from madara, because we can actually see kakashi crying at the last page
Maybe Rin was controlled by Madara/Zetsu.

There are some hints that Madara is behind this: Madara was sure that Obito will return to him, and Zetsu looking after Rin and Kakashi is also strange.

But it's difficult to believe that the master manipulator Tobi would not realize that the death of Rin was caused by Madara. And in that case Madara has nothing to do with this. But who knows, who would have believed that Obito will become the master manipulator in the first place
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 09:58   Link #19
Lunarskylar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Dark Side of The Moon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Maybe Rin was controlled by Madara/Zetsu.

There are some hints that Madara is behind this: Madara was sure that Obito will return to him, and Zetsu looking after Rin and Kakashi is also strange.

But it's difficult to believe that the master manipulator Tobi would not realize that the death of Rin was caused by Madara. And in that case Madara has nothing to do with this. But who knows, who would have believed that Obito will become the master manipulator in the first place
it's been hinted that obito isn't exactly following things how madara would want, so it's possible that he knows madara was the reason for rin's death, but he's using his idea to do his own thing

if it wasn't for kabuto, madara would be out of the picture permanently (obito might even have helped with that) because even though madara planned to get obito to get nagato to revive him, we don't know if obito would have gone through with it

he's doing the eye of the moon plan for himself, not for madara
__________________
Lunarskylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 10:38   Link #20
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
No wonder why Obito was so piss, Rin got penetrated by Kakashi.
__________________
vansonbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.