AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 2 22.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 11.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 44.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-30, 15:58   Link #581
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
I loved this episode. Great main chars, good old CG type episode.

Akito is so badass but he looks destined to die like Lelouch. I just have this feeling.
My idea is Akito will be killed by suzaku and maybe suzaku will kill the others too.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 16:01   Link #582
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Loved the OVA, it exceed my expectations

Akito is a messed up guy but I like it. Layla's a competent main character (hoping for a good end for her) though the scene with her brother/fiancee seemed a bit forced (or maybe just too cliched?) to me
What type of geass Layla has? I'm really curious so I hope we can see her using it the next time.
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 16:20   Link #583
shinigami99
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Britannia
It would definitely piss me off if Suzaku killed him...for most of the series (S1 and R2) I have disliked Suzaku. I hope you're wrong though. We know that the EU is a civilization destined to "fall". I guess this will show how that happens.

Ideally I would like for Akito and Layla to live on and lead this 4 episode OVA into an actual TV series. On the other hand, the purpose of a 4 episode series would may serve to simply tell the story of Akito's eventual demise.
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 19:14   Link #584
wredsa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
It would definitely piss me off if Suzaku killed him...for most of the series (S1 and R2) I have disliked Suzaku. I hope you're wrong though. We know that the EU is a civilization destined to "fall". I guess this will show how that happens.

Ideally I would like for Akito and Layla to live on and lead this 4 episode OVA into an actual TV series. On the other hand, the purpose of a 4 episode series would may serve to simply tell the story of Akito's eventual demise.
If I remember R2, the EU managed to hold on to a lot of their territories. Perhaps Akito and Reira would be responsible for that. Later few EU countries join Either Black Knights or Britannia or remain neutral.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 01:35   Link #585
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Well it wasn't until Schenziel deployed to the Euro theatre that he was able to break them down into the puny ants they are

Joking aside it's kinda funny because you see how poorly the Japanese are treated in the EUU and you'd think they'd be a tad higher than the Britannians.

Though there was that short where Suzaku and the knights were deployed in an Euro theatre which involved him meeting with a young girl who lost her parents in the battle.

Interesting to see where this goes.

Though I'm kinda baffled to how any commander would so willingly throw away a soldier's life, especially in equipment which I'm guessing is rare in the EUU army (since we know their knights are not on par with Britannia's). Yes they're cannon fodder but to waste such precious equipment.....

On that part though Akito fights like a rabid dog and that makes him extremely dangerous. Weird to see the Alex suits fight like that though.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 01:58   Link #586
thieftheodore
Silent Reader
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Yes, but like in the past, this anime will be a sequel with inconsistencies if you search connections with old code geass series.

Like the C.C presence in EU, in the original story before she was in britannia for years, so she escaped when Marianne becomed queen, from there she gone in India for a while and after in China where she met Mao, after V.V. re-captured her, until Clovis stolen her for confidential experiments.

If the code give the teleport skill too, I can believe C.C was in europe in the year 2005-2006, otherwise, not.
Spoiler for for safe purpose:


so guys do you think Leila is a geass user ???
thieftheodore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 03:09   Link #587
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Good special effects in the opening fight... Damn, that was awesome! The Black Knights just got owned....

Promising characters... Akito is a killer!!! Ms. Malca? She just joined my harem...

We got two new Geass users... nice..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 09:22   Link #588
somersault
thus spoke zarathustra.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: europe
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

On that part though Akito fights like a rabid dog and that makes him extremely dangerous. Weird to see the Alex suits fight like that though.
That's cause he probably took a nice rabid geass-bite. That's gonna be interesting, to see who juju-ed him like this, though I got a hunch it's gonna be that long-black-haired bro in the end of the OVA, Xin was his name, yeah.

Anyway, just finished watching it obviously, and it was an impressive first episode. Characters nicely outlined, I mean you can't expect much more from a premiere, battle sequences really well executed, nice ost and an even better preview for the second episode; can't wait to see Suzaku's melancholy again and C.C.'s witty remarks even in cameo doses, that oughta be good.

It kind of kicks in the nuts that we gotta wait several monts for the second episode, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

Overall, good work Sunrise.
somersault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 10:37   Link #589
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Loved the OVA, it exceed my expectations

Akito is a messed up guy but I like it. Layla's a competent main character (hoping for a good end for her) though the scene with her brother/fiancee seemed a bit forced (or maybe just too cliched?) to me
What type of geass Layla has? I'm really curious so I hope we can see her using it the next time.
I'm pretty sure the guy was completely plastered when he approached her. It kind of looked like he was stumbling around and slurring his words, though that does seem to be an aspect of his personality and he's clearly a bigoted chauvinist overall I don't think he was fully in control of his image at that party scene. Even his own brothers (I assume they are literal brothers) seemed horrified by his behavior though and were basically going, "hey what are you doing to her?!" and trying to pull him back before he embarrassed himself and the family name too much.

Then again I could be wrong as Code Geass does have a history of characters acting in rather over the top manners while perfectly sober.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 12:45   Link #590
FRS
Lurker on the threshold
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
The episode was bad, the fight animation was well done but i really facepalmed at the stupid "tactics" at the begining.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:02   Link #591
Lost Cause
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 37
Overall it was very well done! Especially the attempted ambush on the highway, that was epic!
I forgive you Sunrise for making us wait so long, I only hope the next three episodes are as nicely done!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:30   Link #592
rafael1932
claymores pimp
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Donít get it. Was not the 1 episode ? why the title is ova?

The episode was really great. I love that change of the mecha into another type. And I saw cc in the end
__________________
rafael1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:34   Link #593
Lost Cause
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Donít get it. Was not the 1 episode ? why the title is ova?

The episode was really great. I love that change of the mecha into another type. And I saw cc in the end
Actually it's 4 episodes, and the next is due out in the spring. OVA means it sort if a mini-series and not a full series.
In my opinion Akito is a test to see if we still want to see more Code Geass, obviously we do and I hope there will be a follow-up series afterwards.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 22:01   Link #594
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
The episode was bad, the fight animation was well done but i really facepalmed at the stupid "tactics" at the begining.
You might be pertaining to the Suicides in the starting.. yeah... that was stupid. I even doubt that Knigtmares moves that fast.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 01:50   Link #595
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
lol, really pouring on the pretentious political commentary and adolescent emo angst, huh. My tastes have definitely changed in the ~5+ years since Code Geass' original airing. Still, this was real quality entertainment. I'm definitely impressed. I hope the old Code Geass fanbase is paying attention because this OVA just proved that you don't need Lelouch to get that classic Code Geass feeling.

I'd say I'm looking forward to seeing Suzaku again but honestly he (and C.C., with their old character designs) almost felt out of place in the fresh and atmospheric world of this new conflict and characters. The CG mecha battles, at least, almost make the old mecha animation feel like a joke. How will the Lancelot look in this style? Certainly, the question of whether or how they will be able to pull that off is pretty interesting.

Did they say that Akito's theme was "a ruined world" (or something like that)? Hopefully, if old characters like Suzaku and C.C. are involved, that theme will also have an impact on their character development and show us a new side of their personalities, rather than just being a rehash or cameo of characterization which we already know the ending of (Zero:Requiem).

I'll be looking forward to the subsequent episodes. It's a bit of a shame if they really only plan to do 4 total, it feels like they could've sustained a longer storyline with this creative energy.
__________________
Seasonal enjoyment ratings:
Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 28/5 :: Locodol 50/5 :: Yama no Susume 100/5 :: Sabagebu 28/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
Fall: Sora no Method 21/5 :: Karen Senki 6/5 :: Cross Ange 1/5 :: Shirobako 22/5 :: Yuuki Yuuna 23/5 :: Mushishi S2 100/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 05:34   Link #596
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Well, maybe a short story is better, do you remember what's happened with CG because they decided to add 26 episodes?

However, is very sad to see the enemy, Shin, with tha same geass of Lelouch and make the same poses....to clone the old characters is ridicule nostalgia.
There are too much similarities, about characterization and some scene are really recicled from CG.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 05:47   Link #597
Kreion
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol, really pouring on the pretentious political commentary and adolescent emo angst, huh. My tastes have definitely changed in the ~5+ years since Code Geass' original airing. Still, this was real quality entertainment. I'm definitely impressed. I hope the old Code Geass fanbase is paying attention because this OVA just proved that you don't need Lelouch to get that classic Code Geass feeling.

I'd say I'm looking forward to seeing Suzaku again but honestly he (and C.C., with their old character designs) almost felt out of place in the fresh and atmospheric world of this new conflict and characters. The CG mecha battles, at least, almost make the old mecha animation feel like a joke. How will the Lancelot look in this style? Certainly, the question of whether or how they will be able to pull that off is pretty interesting.

Did they say that Akito's theme was "a ruined world" (or something like that)? Hopefully, if old characters like Suzaku and C.C. are involved, that theme will also have an impact on their character development and show us a new side of their personalities, rather than just being a rehash or cameo of characterization which we already know the ending of (Zero:Requiem).

I'll be looking forward to the subsequent episodes. It's a bit of a shame if they really only plan to do 4 total, it feels like they could've sustained a longer storyline with this creative energy.

I would say that these mech battles are much more focused on the individual than most of the original Code Geass ones. They were grand tactical displays most of the time (e.g Lelouch v.s Xingke.) Of course there was a lot of focus on the unique nightmares but still, I found it was more a grand battle.

But still, the difference in quality is incredible though I think that the overall plot will dip from that.

Well, C.C and Suzaku can't change because their course is very much set, and I don't see why either character would reveal something to another character when both are closest to Lelouch in the end. I think I would actually prefer just cameo's for the sake of worrying about consistancy xD

Though, the ruined world theme isn't exactly new, it is the theme of Code Geass.

Edit: Also, I doubt that the Britannian will have the same Geass as Lelouch. He didn't command him to die, so maybe he can only force people to commit suicide?
Kreion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 07:19   Link #598
Bonzo
I change anime endings.
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Italy
Age: 37
Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Well, in the italian translation, made by very skilled people, Shin becomed "Xin" and at the geass use, he gived the order to become new knights leader, so his chief kill himself.
Because in their squad a people take the grade of another when the previous one die.

A lelouch geass type or a "kill yourself" geass isn't clear, but who knows?
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 11:58   Link #599
somersault
thus spoke zarathustra.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: europe
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post

Did they say that Akito's theme was "a ruined world" (or something like that)? Hopefully, if old characters like Suzaku and C.C. are involved, that theme will also have an impact on their character development and show us a new side of their personalities, rather than just being a rehash or cameo of characterization which we already know the ending of (Zero:Requiem).
Well maybe Akito turns out to be the famous cart-driver. I wouldn't put it past Sunrise at all. And thus the end all wrapped up.
somersault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 18:38   Link #600
Lost Cause
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by somersault View Post
Well maybe Akito turns out to be the famous cart-driver. I wouldn't put it past Sunrise at all. And thus the end all wrapped up.
As another famous character once said;"There are always possibilities.", but I doubt Sunrise would provide such a tidy ending to R2.
The ending was left open so they could return there one day and pick up where they left off.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.