AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-03, 00:48   Link #4301
Insane
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Age: 18
Probably most of us here feel disappointed by anime adaptation because we have read the source material, so it's just common reaction (just like when i feel disappointed with Harry Potter movie after reading its novel counterpart).
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 00:49   Link #4302
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
The LN is definitely good, I just didn't watch because I saw Athena alive, and the first thought that came into my mind was *Ok, now they are just adding ppl to harem, and this won't end pretty* I might/probably be wrong, but that stopped me from watching it =(
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 00:55   Link #4303
Insane
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
The LN is definitely good, I just didn't watch because I saw Athena alive, and the first thought that came into my mind was *Ok, now they are just adding ppl to harem, and this won't end pretty* I might/probably be wrong, but that stopped me from watching it =(
Probably i should suggest you to take a look at Campione anime thread. I am 100% sure that you'll see a bunch of blasphemes and harsh critiques from people there (including me).
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 02:21   Link #4304
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
I was going to watch the anime, but then I saw the anime completely strayed off path (Athena alive wut)
Eh. AFAIK, she was alive in V5...

To be honest, I would say that th anime is te anime and the LN is the LN. Personally, I don't mind how much they modify if it's a success. If it is not, then it means it was screwed. Also judge the anime and the LN separately. If you have to go to the LN because gourmand understand something in the anime, there is a problem no matter how the series might be great.

Personally, I followed the Campione anime like a movie of a manga series or something. It can definiively be better with better visual quality and more dedication.
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 02:32   Link #4305
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Eh. AFAIK, she was alive in V5...

To be honest, I would say that th anime is te anime and the LN is the LN. Personally, I don't mind how much they modify if it's a success. If it is not, then it means it was screwed. Also judge the anime and the LN separately. If you have to go to the LN because gourmand understand something in the anime, there is a problem no matter how the series might be great.

Personally, I followed the Campione anime like a movie of a manga series or something. It can definiively be better with better visual quality and more dedication.
Edit - Ok got some anime facts mixed up I apologize for that ( I thought Athena stayed with Godou and them after the fight ), so then what's the difference between the anime and the novel?
__________________

Last edited by xBakaChanx; 2012-10-03 at 03:13.
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 03:20   Link #4306
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Edit - Ok got some anime facts mixed up I apologize for that ( I thought Athena stayed with Godou and them after the fight ), so then what's the difference between the anime and the novel?
Most importantly, Metis never showed up nor did Godou ever fight her. Athena was in perfect control over all three of her forms.In other words, ep 13 was non-existent in the novel. Also, Verethragna befriended Godou early in the prologue-they even played soccer together before their relationship went sour. Other than that, they cut out almost half of the Voban arc. Mariya was in the midst of an investigation in a library when Voban ambushed her.These are just some of the differences.
__________________
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 03:27   Link #4307
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Most importantly, Metis never showed up nor did Godou ever fight her. Athena was in perfect control over all three of her forms.In other words, ep 13 was non-existent in the novel. Also, Verethragna befriended Godou early in the prologue-they even played soccer together before their relationship went sour. Other than that, they cut out almost half of the Voban arc. Mariya was in the midst of an investigation in a library when Voban ambushed her.These are just some of the differences.
Some....MHMmmm, so they basically went in chronological order (not in vol order) and made tons of changes....mhmhmhm seems like I won't be giving this a try anytime soon. Thanks for the answer tho ^^
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 03:56   Link #4308
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Well we all know, that the anime did a rush job cutting and add bit when ever they like.
I should of follow what Kadi sign use to say and denial that the anime ever existed.
__________________
Sorry, Image unavailable. Only awesome people can see it.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 03:59   Link #4309
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Well we all know, that the anime did a rush job cutting and add bit when ever they like.
I should of follow what Kadi sign use to say and denial that the anime ever existed.
Anime? What anime? I don't know what you are talking about~
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 04:16   Link #4310
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Some....MHMmmm, so they basically went in chronological order (not in vol order) and made tons of changes....mhmhmhm seems like I won't be giving this a try anytime soon. Thanks for the answer tho ^^
I don't even know if it could be called chronological order. They had less than half the third volume for the first episode(changing a lot of stuff in the process) and skipped the events of vol 11 altogether. It ended up causing a lot of confusion amongst those who have not read the novel when they were told that Salvatore Doni had fought Godou in the past.
__________________

Last edited by Moe Connection; 2012-10-03 at 05:57.
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 06:05   Link #4311
GundamFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Some....MHMmmm, so they basically went in chronological order (not in vol order) and made tons of changes....mhmhmhm seems like I won't be giving this a try anytime soon. Thanks for the answer tho ^^
I'd say it's more along the lines of they left alot of stuff out that was in the LN and threw in an unnecassary half baked subplot about Metis just so they had something orginal in the series.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 06:11   Link #4312
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Oh yeah...just askin... is the incident in vol 8 omake happen yet in any of the existing volume
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 07:21   Link #4313
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Oh yeah...just askin... is the incident in vol 8 omake happen yet in any of the existing volume
Which incident?
__________________
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 07:36   Link #4314
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Anime? What anime? I don't know what you are talking about~
Yes exactly what am I taking about.

@whitecloud, the ss in vol 8 happen in the past and in between vol1 - 7.
__________________
Sorry, Image unavailable. Only awesome people can see it.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 07:54   Link #4315
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Which incident?
the maid incident and the one where he meet saint whoever it is...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 08:24   Link #4316
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
So it seems aisha has a weather controlling authority
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic208954_2.gif
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 08:35   Link #4317
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
So it seems aisha has a weather controlling authority
?????? which volume that state that?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 08:40   Link #4318
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
the maid incident and the one where he meet saint whoever it is...
You mean the one where Godou dreams about his harem being maids and then meeting with the Saint's other apprentice(one of the Saint's apprentice is Salvatore Doni) right?
__________________
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 10:42   Link #4319
gevara20
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
?????? which volume that state that?
vol.8 chapter3
Spoiler for Aisha:
gevara20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 11:06   Link #4320
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gevara20 View Post
vol.8 chapter3
Spoiler for Aisha:
Just how old are Saint Raffaello and Lucrezia Zola really? The eternal Shojou has disappeared into hermitage a few centuries ago and was never seen again. It seems they are older than even Lao Hao and Voban.
__________________
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.