AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-10-03, 01:47   Link #901
Excelion

So how did Kenpachi get beat by this Royd guy again? He copied Bach's "memories and spirit". Kenpachi had no problem killing his brother who copies powers and abilities.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 02:04   Link #902
AdventSleeper

Nothing makes sense anymore....

Just enjoying the ride to see what incoherent thing will occur next
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 02:52   Link #903
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Yamamoto's strong, but not even he possess infinite amounts of energy. The part I bolded would be the most logical reason as to why he'd be weakened right now. I'm sure some of those moves had to be pretty taxing on his spiritual energy supply. Especially that south technique.
I suppose I could get into why he didn't just use north off the bat, or why he even used east and west, because the zombies protected him and fought for him anyway but yeah its a moot. Gotta just live with typical shonen characters logic
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 02:55   Link #904
The Small One

Quote:
Central 46 confirmed his "immortal" status during his sentencing. Besides, with all that he's done, I'm sure central 46 would've sentenced him to death if they could. He can't die until someone figures out a way to destroy the indestructible hougyoku that his soul merged with.
Well, we know that Shinigami can't kill. They can just transfer the souls: If they kill a Shinigami the soul gets reborn into the human world.
Quincys on the other hand have copmpletely different possibilities. They are able to completely destroy spiritual beeings. They shouldn't have any problems in destorying Aizen or the Hougyoku. Or they could simply absorb all the spirit particles he is made of.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 10:21   Link #905
Tong
Now, come at me

Send a message via MSN to Tong Send a message via Skype™ to Tong
Yamamoto lost because he got mad, that's it.

>you mad
>you lose
Old 2012-10-03, 11:23   Link #906
Mateus

I am excited to see what will happen next, but we all know that there is no way that Bach can out troll Aizen.
Old 2012-10-03, 13:40   Link #907
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, we know that Shinigami can't kill. They can just transfer the souls: If they kill a Shinigami the soul gets reborn into the human world.
Quincys on the other hand have copmpletely different possibilities. They are able to completely destroy spiritual beeings. They shouldn't have any problems in destorying Aizen or the Hougyoku. Or they could simply absorb all the spirit particles he is made of.
Even Urahara could not find a way to permanently destroy the Hougyoku. If the Quincys could succeed in destroying it, then basically they would be better scientists or have more knowledge about the Hougyoku than Urahara himself.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 13:58   Link #908
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
So how did Kenpachi get beat by this Royd guy again? He copied Bach's "memories and spirit". Kenpachi had no problem killing his brother who copies powers and abilities.
Yeah, this makes no damn sense to me...he copied Bach's appearance, memories, reiatsu and powers...

Yama was able to figure out what part of Aizen was real despite being under hypnosis, but couldn't figure out that he was fighting a fake Bach?
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 14:23   Link #909
Kafriel
Senior Guest

An even better question would be...why didn't Royd turn into Yamamoto and blitz the place? It would have spared them pretty much all the SternRitter losses.
Old 2012-10-03, 14:54   Link #910
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble Loser View Post
Even Urahara could not find a way to permanently destroy the Hougyoku.
^^Pretty much this. It'd be very hard to believe that the Quincy's techniques could destroy the hougyoku when Urahara couldn't even find a way to pull it off. In all honestly, I'm still somewhat holding out on the possibility of the hougyoku giving Orihime some major importance later on (since she's been hinted at being the only possible person that could destroy it).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 15:26   Link #911
Sinta

Horse **** we get the most epic bankai in history and it was against a copy. Lame.
Old 2012-10-03, 15:40   Link #912
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
An even better question would be...why didn't Royd turn into Yamamoto and blitz the place? It would have spared them pretty much all the SternRitter losses.
Bach said that he told Royd not to try anything until he got back. Probably had strict orders just to maintain the Juha Bach form for the purpose of distracting Yamamoto. Had Royd transformed, Yama might have caught on to what was going on and not spammed his bankai, etc etc etc.

-just trying to make sense of it, if it does @.@ lol)

Quote:
Even Urahara could not find a way to permanently destroy the Hougyoku. If the Quincys could succeed in destroying it, then basically they would be better scientists or have more knowledge about the Hougyoku than Urahara himself.

Quote:
^^Pretty much this. It'd be very hard to believe that the Quincy's techniques could destroy the hougyoku when Urahara couldn't even find a way to pull it off. In all honestly, I'm still somewhat holding out on the possibility of the hougyoku giving Orihime some major importance later on (since she's been hinted at being the only possible person that could destroy it).
Both of these. But it does bring up the whole contradiction of the origin of the Hogyoku. Urahara managed to create something that even he didn't know what it did. It only did what he thought it did because it was granting his wish--how does one go about making something without knowing how it'll work? lol, so if a Quincy shows up and can destroy it, I might buy it, but I doubt it.

Overall, Bach offered Aizen the chance to be freed, Aizen said no, Bach shrugged it off and left him to sit there for eternity pondering his decision. Nothing big. Part of me is starting to wonder if Aizen will even break out anymore and instead just play the role of badass mastermind locked in a chair, playing people like pawns an watching what happens just for the amusement. (I mean, he was just left in the chair during the novels too, right?)
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 02:18   Link #913
The Small One

Quote:
Well, to me they definately are portrayed as beeing superior in spirit science. The first thing they did was to found a way to completely destroy a soul and used this knowledge to fight hollows. (IIRC the only thing Shinigami had to completely destroy souls was this execution ground, that got destroyed by Ichigo at the end of the SS arc). From there on they made a lot of progress.
They are even able to steal a Bankai, something which shouldn't really be possible and shocked everyone.
IMHO there is no doubt, that Quincies are the best scientists in this series.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 05:35   Link #914
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
Because Royd was clearly alot stronger, and was a copy of someone far stronger than Kenpachi - hence he whooped Kenpachi really badly.

The more i think about this chapter the more it pisses me off. All this time the old man was hyped up as being the best of the best. So far Kubo has pissed over his character and if he dies now - what alame ending for him.

My only hope is he doesn't die and still has a chance to redeem himself in the end. If any1 should be the 1 to beat Juha Bach it should be him.

Also, i think this would be a good time for a flashback to the events of a 1000 years ago that lead to this incident. Its a good a time as any,
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 06:42   Link #915
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Why waste his brother sending him to fight Kenpachi if he can use him on someone more stronger....like Ichi, Yam, Aizen etc.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 12:56   Link #916
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...So Kubo has once again reminded us that he IS the Trolling King. XD
Old 2012-10-04, 15:17   Link #917
sayde

Quote:
Well, to me they definately are portrayed as beeing superior in spirit science. The first thing they did was to found a way to completely destroy a soul and used this knowledge to fight hollows. (IIRC the only thing Shinigami had to completely destroy souls was this execution ground, that got destroyed by Ichigo at the end of the SS arc).
Ehh...the situation is kind of awkward. We were never told that shinigami don't possess the ability to completely destroy souls. We were only told that a shinigami's zanpakuto purifies a soul slain by it. So for all we know, if a hollow (for instance) is killed in any other way, their soul might also be destroyed. So things like Kido spells, fullbringer attacks, or a hollow's cero might cause the same destruction to the soul as a Quincy's technique.

Case in point, soul destruction was never something that was ever claimed to be a unique ability to Quincy's only. It's just that their numbers and their way of combat made them the biggest perpetrators of soul destruction at one time (and therefore, the biggest threat to the balance).

Quote:
They are even able to steal a Bankai, something which shouldn't really be possible and shocked everyone.
But was it ever stated to be impossible? Or was it more like throughout Soul Society's history, scientists of the research division just never had any reason to focus on developing bankai stealing technology? Besides, Juha Bach had at least a thousand years to come up with this. So the Quincy's may not necessarily possess superior scientific intellect. This could be just as much attributed to an abundance of time and perseverance.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 15:45   Link #918
Lendial

Lol what a waste. Just when the things were starting to pick up.
Old 2012-10-04, 16:09   Link #919
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

You know...there's seriously no point in having BLeach continue at this rate. Bach has the most powerful bankai in his hands. Pretty much anyone who goes against him is either going to die or suffer an ambigious fate like Kenny.

Ichigo's going to be the only one to defeat him obvs...not even Urahara's lolscience is going to work.

And the nakama, if they're not dead due to Opie already, won't last...though maybe Ishida might.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 18:20   Link #920
SeanQ

You can't make sense of bleach ... geebus...Quincies are just there to fill ploteholes with more plotholes...kay there's no science involved.

Tags
bleach, chapter