AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-03, 11:36   Link #1561
RDF2050
Gundam Meister
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 24
They didn't show any important elements of the plot in the preview of episode 14. I am going to love the anime-only-viewers reaction when they realize how close was "you know who" all this time.
__________________

Last edited by RDF2050; 2012-10-03 at 12:36.
RDF2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 11:51   Link #1562
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Huh, it's been a while since I last posted in this forum section.....

Anyway, yeah the PV makers are really evil for that preview, though the dialogue makes the events of next week's episode clear to the novel-readers. Considering how they packed so much into episode 10 without it feeling badly rushed, I think they can easily get through some level-75 boss fight coverage, the exposition into Heathcliff's true identity, Kirito vs Heathcliff, and then end the episode with the Kirito/Asuna/Kayaba scene as Aincrad comes apart. This would definitely be a good time to have the episode continue through the ending credits though, with the credits rolling as Kirito and Asuna say their farewells, because it's both an emotional scene and marks the end of the Aincrad arc and the beginning of the Fairy Dance arc.

And yeah, the upcoming episode 14 talk is going to be quite entertaining this Saturday.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 12:03   Link #1563
Divini
Senpai!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
If it wasn't for that first sentence Kirito said, the preview makes it looks like the next episode is one of those 'recap' episodes.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 14:48   Link #1564
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Spoiler for Save space:
If it had gone this way many of the people who complined about the the pace of the show and all that "Why did they cut that" or "Why did they change that" would have nothing to say.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 15:31   Link #1565
Netto Azure
→ Asada Shino
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Space Battle Cruiser Gurokken
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
You know what I wanna wait for now...? The rage in the Episode 14 thread. I can already see it....

"OH F*** HEATHCLIFF CHEATED...!"
"KIRITO HAX!!!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOO ASUUUUUNNNAAAAAAAAA...!"

And of course the usual, f***, Kirito's a Gary Stu because he can outdo "death"... or "Wow, they should have simply finished this series up to ep 26 and not damn rush everything up to Ep 14"... or something like that.
Oh god if its going to be that bad here Just thinking about the flame wars in MAL will make me lol. Gotta get my popcorn ready. XD So cruel.
__________________
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 15:37   Link #1566
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Oh god if its going to be that bad here Just thinking about the flame wars in MAL will make me lol. Gotta get my popcorn ready. XD So cruel.
And that's precisely why I don't bother with MAL. People pretending to know than they actually do. But I guess it's like that everywhere.. ASuki doesn't have too many of those people, and that's what makes it nice.

Nevertheless, it's going to fun. :3
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 21:06   Link #1567
Utsuro no Hako
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
So my prediction for the Ep 14 thread:

* At least one person will rage quit the series.
* A large number of people will assume some kind of fake out, like the real world is still part of the game.
* The whole Gary Stu debate will reignite.
* Half the thread will be spent nitpicking some inconsequential point like Kirito and Asuna not knowing each other's real name.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 21:25   Link #1568
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
So my prediction for the Ep 14 thread:

* At least one person will rage quit the series.
Make it two if either one of the two dies..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 21:59   Link #1569
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
I forgot one thing to include in the to-watch rant list:

"ffffff... they skipped the entire Skull reaper fight... AAAAAAHHH!!!"
"Klein, where's the Resuurection Crystal... USE IT NAAAAOOO!!"

Last edited by ronelm2000; 2012-10-04 at 03:41.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 17:13   Link #1570
teja208
Critical fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Anywhere with anime and anime discussion is fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I forgot one thing to include in the to-watch rant list:

"ffffff... they skipped the entire Skull reaper fight... AAAAAAHHH!!!"
"Klein, where's the Resuurection Crystal... USE IT NAAAAOOO!!"
Oh right the Revival Crystal. How could I forget such an important plot hole.
teja208 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 17:55   Link #1571
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Oh right the Revival Crystal. How could I forget such an important plot hole.
Important.. how, exactly? Klein could've just used it on the next person he saw die.. who could have been very well someone he didn't know..
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 18:28   Link #1572
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Important.. how, exactly? Klein could've just used it on the next person he saw die.. who could have been very well someone he didn't know..
If ever, I think he was being sarcastic.

We ALL know that, but unfortunately, I predict people are dumb enough to dismiss it as plot hole.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 18:30   Link #1573
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
If ever, I think he was being sarcastic.

We ALL know that, but unfortunately, I predict people are dumb enough to dismiss it as plot hole.
Oh, now that I read it again... You're probably right. My bad.
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 21:53   Link #1574
Divini
Senpai!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Klein was paralyzed the entire fight to when he log out, therefore he couldn't move a finger, and couldn't access his menu, much less use an item.

"Plot hole" solved.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 23:09   Link #1575
Vmem
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
judgning by the early pages of the ep13 thread, there's going to be A LOT of rage over skipping the skull reaper fight... donno why people are so obsessed with the boss fights in the anime only threads anyway. this was never supposed to be a DBZ type of combat shonen...
Vmem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 23:15   Link #1576
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmem View Post
judgning by the early pages of the ep13 thread, there's going to be A LOT of rage over skipping the skull reaper fight... donno why people are so obsessed with the boss fights in the anime only threads anyway. this was never supposed to be a DBZ type of combat shonen...
I don't go to anime-only threads anymore, but back then people were complaining about how Kirito isn't doing a ton of front-line stuff and they're tired of these slice-of-life stuff. I don't think people got that this isn't a combat shonen anime
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 04:28   Link #1577
Esebian
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I don't go to anime-only threads anymore, but back then people were complaining about how Kirito isn't doing a ton of front-line stuff and they're tired of these slice-of-life stuff. I don't think people got that this isn't a combat shonen anime
Well, but that only is right for SAO, Alicization and ofc Mothers Rosario, in ALO and GGO the fight parts are imo at least as long as the slice-of-life parts, so maybe the battle maniacs will be pleased more after we reach ALO

EDIT: I have also read that ppl wanted to see every floor of SAO covered in the anime. Apart from the crucial point that most floors would be anime-only, let's be honest that would be boring like hell. If I want that I play a MMO for myself xD
Esebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 04:56   Link #1578
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
Well, but that only is right for SAO, Alicization and ofc Mothers Rosario, in ALO and GGO the fight parts are imo at least as long as the slice-of-life parts, so maybe the battle maniacs will be pleased more after we reach ALO

EDIT: I have also read that ppl wanted to see every floor of SAO covered in the anime. Apart from the crucial point that most floors would be anime-only, let's be honest that would be boring like hell. If I want that I play a MMO for myself xD
At least the PSP game covers the floors 76 to 100.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 05:08   Link #1579
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
^ Hmm, Is that right? Have you played the game and how is it?
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 07:14   Link #1580
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ Hmm, Is that right? Have you played the game and how is it?
Not coming from me. Coming from someone much more reliable than me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
There's a five-page spread in the recent Dengeki G's magazine that gives some details about the game.

The gameplay seems much like a normal action RPG (you can customize your equipment, skills, etc.), and they've preserved the sword skills and "switch" mechanic from the original story. From what I can gather, most of the battles will occur in parties of two. You have a certain amount of skill points in your battle turn (to use sword skills), and then you can switch out and the partner takes over while you can only use defensive skills (like parrying, side step, etc.). I assume that your skill points will recharge during this period, and when the other person's skill points run out you'll switch back. And yes, there will be boss fights too.

Spoilers
Spoiler for Game Scenario Basic Info
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

No date has been announced yet, but I would guess we'll see it in early 2013. I'm not sure if it'll be able to stand on its own as a really great RPG, but it should still be fun for fans of the franchise.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.