AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-01, 18:06   Link #2341
Lantern
<(゜∀。)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
So you're saying that the show is techically "finished", but the other 4 remaining episodes left will be released at different times. I'm not trying to confuse people about talks about seasons. It's more like me trying to make sense of what's happening because people keep telling me different things about the airing episodes and how this series is being held, production wise.

If I misunderstood somethings I deeply apologize.
Hmm, I'd say it's more of a case of "finished airing" prematurely rather than actually "finished", because I can clearly tell you it's not finished.

I see it as an odd ball case of a one cour show with 17 episodes instead of 13.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
Oh hey, I forgot about that. Although I thought that understanding what other people want would go hand in hand with adapting to their wishes.
I wonder why she lost her keen powers of perception? Damn, Iori, you're getting OLD.
Having found genuine friends from the CRC probably dulled her senses.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 18:11   Link #2342
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
There's a difference between wanting what's best for your child and getting back together with a borderline abusive person just because you have a hunch it's what your child might want. Regardless of their parental feelings, parents are still people and I don't think they'd be willing to put up with abuse without at least confirming it would be for the benefit of their child. I think any normal mother would first talk things through with her daughter at least a bit before doing something that is so obviously not a good idea, neither for her and nor for Iori's development.
Well I think she did.

Remember way back (I don't have the exact episode number atm ) when she talked to Iori about being okay with 'something'? To which Iori said she was fine with it? Well I guess this was it.

(I think it was the first arc as well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
Oh hey, I forgot about that. Although I thought that understanding what other people want would go hand in hand with adapting to their wishes.
I wonder why she lost her keen powers of perception? Damn, Iori, you're getting OLD.
Probably because she doesn't need it as much now.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 18:17   Link #2343
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Question: For the four remaining episodes, is it a Saki Achiga-hen sort of deal where nobody has a clue in this world when they're going to be released? Or do we actually have some sense of likely release dates?
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 18:24   Link #2344
Lantern
<(゜∀。)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Flying in the Air
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Question: For the four remaining episodes, is it a Saki Achiga-hen sort of deal where nobody has a clue in this world when they're going to be released? Or do we actually have some sense of likely release dates?
Well the anime twitter said they will be releasing information "in coming days soon".

God knows how many days does that imply.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 18:35   Link #2345
Blonto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well I think she did.
Remember way back (I don't have the exact episode number atm ) when she talked to Iori about being okay with 'something'? To which Iori said she was fine with it? Well I guess this was it.
(I think it was the first arc as well)
I really can't see how she could take that as "Yes, I want you to get back together with my abusive stepfather for my sake". No-one would ask about such an important decision in an ambiguous way like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Having found genuine friends from the CRC probably dulled her senses.
Seems weird that something major in her character like that wouldn't be given any attention in the show.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 18:37   Link #2346
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Question: For the four remaining episodes, is it a Saki Achiga-hen sort of deal where nobody has a clue in this world when they're going to be released? Or do we actually have some sense of likely release dates?
The one difference is that we actually do have committed release dates for the Blu-Rays/DVDs, if nothing else (in March and April 2013). In the former's case, they didn't even announce that much.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 18:53   Link #2347
Chaos2Frozen
She's Watching
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
I really can't see how she could take that as "Yes, I want you to get back together with my abusive stepfather for my sake". No-one would ask about such an important decision in an ambiguous way like that.
She probably asked the simple question of whether Iori would be okay with it, and Iori answered with her poker face.

At that time we never did hear the full discussion.

Quote:
Seems weird that something major in her character like that wouldn't be given any attention in the show.
There's a lot of subtle hints of Iori's mindset through the the arcs, remember the times when she pause to think about what to say next.

That's said, if the preview for Michi Random is any indication, all that would come together soon enough.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 18:56   Link #2348
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The one difference is that we actually do have committed release dates for the Blu-Rays/DVDs, if nothing else (in March and April 2013). In the former's case, they didn't even announce that much.
Thanks for the info.

Well, if the four remaining KC episodes are several months away, then I think people should feel free to do series reviews based on what we've watched so far. I mean, we do have three concrete arcs and a cour's worth of episodes.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 19:10   Link #2349
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kelowna, British Columbia
Age: 23
Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Picked up the full version to "Salvage", and boy is it a treat.
__________________
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 20:37   Link #2350
Amoiro Nguyen
lazy onee-sama
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chieti
Age: 27
I'll miss this series, Inaba Himeko really is one of the best female characters from the year and Iori's background story was also interesting. I hope it gets a second season.
__________________
Amoiro Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:23   Link #2351
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
So you're saying that the show is techically "finished", but the other 4 remaining episodes left will be released at different times. I'm not trying to confuse people about talks about seasons. It's more like me trying to make sense of what's happening because people keep telling me different things about the airing episodes and how this series is being held, production wise.

If I misunderstood somethings I deeply apologize.
If you want an easy comparison, KC is more or less similar with Ore no Imouto where you can assume that the story ends within the original 12/13-episode airing but you also get a different route or continuation within the next 4 episodes which will be released on BDs.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 06:28   Link #2352
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Overall good anime, nice concept, effective direction... but too many instances of overreacting melodramatic teens and lazy character designs. I will be eagerly waiting the last arc, despite the 3rd one being inferior to the first two.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 21:14   Link #2353
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Down under...
http://p.tl/i/30530377
__________________
Famitsu & Dengekiko (Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed)
"Make sure you do a good job with your life's blueprint." - Kanna Makino
blaze0041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 21:32   Link #2354
Shimapan
Try me! <3
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Germany
Age: 31
Watched the last episode today - overall a nice end for the series. My final vote:

First arc:
The body switching arc was quite enjoyable overall, even though certain possibilities could have been explored a bit more
The scene at the end with Iori jumping off the bridge was a bit crass.
8/10

Second arc:
The second arc started great, with Inaban on the prawl. Then however, it nosedived immensely and went toilet diving. The "desire unleshing" had potential, but it was almost exclusively used for having them get at each other's throat. It was often painful to watch, and I was very close to dropping it.
5/10

Third arc:
Third arc was nice, a lot better than the second one, but a bit lacking. The end in the third episode, where Balloon Vine appeared out of nowhere and then it's suddenly all over, felt very abrupt. Besides that, the ending was nicely handled.
7/10

Overall: 7/10

edit:
Forgot to mention: I really *didn't* like the second OP in the last few episodes, which was pretty lame. Not quite in "Good grief, let's skip this quickly"-territory, but still. The first OP was great, and possibly one of the best OPs of the summer season. They really shouldn't have changed it.
__________________

Last edited by Shimapan; 2012-10-02 at 21:48.
Shimapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 18:51   Link #2355
Mimi-Senpai
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nyeh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Watched the last episode today - overall a nice end for the series. My final vote:

First arc:
The body switching arc was quite enjoyable overall, even though certain possibilities could have been explored a bit more
The scene at the end with Iori jumping off the bridge was a bit crass.
8/10

Second arc:
The second arc started great, with Inaban on the prawl. Then however, it nosedived immensely and went toilet diving. The "desire unleshing" had potential, but it was almost exclusively used for having them get at each other's throat. It was often painful to watch, and I was very close to dropping it.
5/10

Third arc:
Third arc was nice, a lot better than the second one, but a bit lacking. The end in the third episode, where Balloon Vine appeared out of nowhere and then it's suddenly all over, felt very abrupt. Besides that, the ending was nicely handled.
7/10

Overall: 7/10

edit:
Forgot to mention: I really *didn't* like the second OP in the last few episodes, which was pretty lame. Not quite in "Good grief, let's skip this quickly"-territory, but still. The first OP was great, and possibly one of the best OPs of the summer season. They really shouldn't have changed it.
Spoiler for About the OP:
__________________


A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.
Mimi-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 11:47   Link #2356
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 31
Hm.. So I popped in here to make a somewhat inane comment..

So I've never watched this anime. I read the synopsis and overview from Wikipedia. I'm turned off by the body-swapping concept and turned off by teen drama/angst aspects. Maybe I'm too jaded.

That said .. part of me wants to watch this and give it a chance anyway.. and the reason why? This is kind of dumb and shallow of me, but I keep seeing the character art for this and after looking at screenshots and some summaries .. I'm strangely drawn to Himeko's character design! .. Those side-swept bangs, that wry grin, the sense of a "spunky" attitude .. is this love (of an anime character) at first sight?

Addition: Apparently I wasn't being clear in my comment -- it's not that the character is gorgeously drawn or anything (not that it's bad at all) but.. What I mean is the character as designed (and of course attributes that I maybe falsely attributing to that character) draw me to them.. So let's "art quality" but "characteristics" is what has me so intrigued.. Like a beautiful woman with a mysterious smile sitting across the table sort of thing!

Last edited by willx; 2012-10-04 at 14:33. Reason: Hm, apparently I'm not being clear.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 11:51   Link #2357
Korsar13
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 1.048596
Age: 42
willx, Himeko Inaba or Iori Nagase?
__________________
Korsar13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 11:55   Link #2358
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Hm.. So I popped in here to make a somewhat inane comment..

So I've never watched this anime. I read the synopsis and overview from Wikipedia. I'm turned off by the body-swapping concept and turned off by teen drama/angst aspects. Maybe I'm too jaded.

That said .. part of me wants to watch this and give it a chance anyway.. and the reason why? This is kind of dumb and shallow of me, but I keep seeing the character art for this and after looking at screenshots and some summaries .. I'm strangely drawn to Himeko's character design! .. Those side-swept bangs, that wry grin, the sense of a "spunky" attitude .. is this love (of an anime character) at first sight?
I know how you feel. There's some shows I started watching pretty much just because of attractive character designs.

And I must say that while none of those shows were amongst my all-time favorites, I did go on to at least like all of them.

I'd encourage you to give Kokoro Connect a try. Himeko does kind of have a spunky attitude, imo, so she'll probably make this show work for you if nobody/nothing else does.
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 14:01   Link #2359
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Argentina
I tend to overlook eye candy. Being born in a country where computer material was hard to come by, I grew to run videogames on the minimal gfx and enjoy the games for what they are. Games. not movies. Eye candy is nice, but overlooking the basic of the game is not something I can do.

The same applies here in my case. Even if Iori, Himeko and Yui were all horrible character designs, the concept of five teens having their lives go "EVERYTHING RANDOMIZE" is kind of interesting.

Just my 2 cents. Anywho, are the michirandom episodes being webcast?

Arty
__________________
Arturia's Writing Den

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 15:00   Link #2360
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Anime and games are very different mediums though. One is passive, while the other is interactive.

With a passive, visual medium like anime, I would argue that the overall quality of the visuals (which definitely includes the quality of the character designs) is very important. With an interactive, visual medium like video games, how much fun the interactivity itself is can largely make up for very basic or streamlined visuals; you don't just watch a video game, you play it.

But you don't play an anime, you just watch it. Having good character designs definitely can help a lot (while bad character designs can really detract from the experience).
__________________
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.