AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-29, 08:18   Link #5001
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I am guessing first half of next week will be conclusive to filler then to canon stuff
Actually, I think the next episode will be both those things.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 08:18   Link #5002
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Decent ending to a decent arc. Lucy and Michelle was touching, a bit more than most touching moments I've seen. And looks like we're going into the next manga arc with the next ep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not that I mean to overly question Cobra, but couldn't he just have kicked their asses then escaped?
He did it to protect Kinana. He had already been beaten by Erza, so he probably didn't have much magic or strength left. Also, I get the impression he was tired of fighting, and after finally finding Kinana again, he probably lost the motivation to be evil or fight.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 09:55   Link #5003
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
He did it to protect Kinana. He had already been beaten by Erza, so he probably didn't have much magic or strength left. Also, I get the impression he was tired of fighting, and after finally finding Kinana again, he probably lost the motivation to be evil or fight.
The protecting her part was painfully obvious, kind of got that already.
Considering Erza won by catching him in a moment of distraction, being out of magic shouldn't be that likely. At best there's physical exhaustion, but when has that ever stopped someone in this series from pushing the envelope? Seems like it wouldn't have been that much harder to pull an Ultear and just vanish. But worked for the symbolism of Cobra finally getting the value of friendship, so not the worst way they could have handled it.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 12:46   Link #5004
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Everyone tried so hard to save Lucy...
All the fights were really nice.
Lucy's flashbacks were kinda sweet when it came to her childhood.
Well, except the part about her mom.
Lucy really is an amazing girl to take control over the Infinity castle.
I'm glad it's finally over.
Wonder what new adventures await them..
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 18:07   Link #5005
Dextro
He Without a Title
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Remember when people were complaining about little details on Fairy Tails OPs that were spoilers? The current OP just took the cake on that race. Never expected it to be literal
__________________

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 07:46   Link #5006
Bern-san
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Remember when people were complaining about little details on Fairy Tails OPs that were spoilers? The current OP just took the cake on that race. Never expected it to be literal
Yes
Although sometimes I got bored with some episodes, I really liked this one.

And finally the new arc!
__________________
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 09:14   Link #5007
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Seriously? I got a hater who really hated that I found this episode a bit touching? Wow. Well, this post is for you.

Because I did find it a bit touching, as Lucy remembered another fond moment from her past, to a companion she realized she had forgotten about, and a doll's journey to reunite herself with her "sister." And at the end, when the doll is now a permanent fixture in Lucy's home, I liked most of all.

I also liked Lucy fighting for Natsu, and Natsu racing to save Lucy. Both the true friendship there, and the sisterly feelings above, were well done, in my my opinion. And I'm normally a cold, emotionless person, who doesn't get that emotionally stirred by things I watch (only a couple of series have managed to do that for me). I wasn't moved to tears, but I felt something.

So, to that one person who knows who he is, thanks to you, I will now try to make a mention of this whenever and wherever I can. I will add it to the list of sweet moments I liked. All because of you!
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 12:31   Link #5008
ginger02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Seriously? I got a hater who really hated that I found this episode a bit touching? Wow. Well, this post is for you.

Because I did find it a bit touching, as Lucy remembered another fond moment from her past, to a companion she realized she had forgotten about, and a doll's journey to reunite herself with her "sister." And at the end, when the doll is now a permanent fixture in Lucy's home, I liked most of all.

I also liked Lucy fighting for Natsu, and Natsu racing to save Lucy. Both the true friendship there, and the sisterly feelings above, were well done, in my my opinion. And I'm normally a cold, emotionless person, who doesn't get that emotionally stirred by things I watch (only a couple of series have managed to do that for me). I wasn't moved to tears, but I felt something.

So, to that one person who knows who he is, thanks to you, I will now try to make a mention of this whenever and wherever I can. I will add it to the list of sweet moments I liked. All because of you!
lol someone got upset because you found the episode touching? That's strange, but i guess some people get upset at anything

I think a lot of people were touched and a bit moved by this episode. I was, and that's what i loved about it. There aren't many timess i feel emotionally moved in Fairy Tail, although i do have fun and laugh a lot
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 00:48   Link #5009
chaos_animagic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Now I want a "Michelle Doll"...

Maybe one day.. she'll become a real human and stay as my companion...

BTW... 150 is a really nice episode, I loved how Lucy was able to see her father again (even if it's just Memories in Time)

This "filler" arc is awesome, glad they decide to make this arc in between the manga arcs instead of going into a sort of Haitus than wait for 1~2 seasons before starting the manga arcs.
Tho I think the "starting" will be different from the manga...
Since the Manga went straight into it just as they "reappeared" instead of going into this filler arc. (can't make them re-disappear, than reappear now can you? LOL)

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2012-10-02 at 01:03.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 21:49   Link #5010
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Spoiler for 151:
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 21:51   Link #5011
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Spoiler for Episode 151:
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 22:08   Link #5012
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
And thus the Legionnaires have their excuse to disappear and not show up in the manga, heh. Though some of them may pop up in a filler, although I don't know how they could fit filler into this arc. Still, I'm glad they are continuing on to this arc, as I've found it relatively enjoyable.

And Frosch sounded almost like a baby to me.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 22:23   Link #5013
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Never thought there would be a tournament to figure out who the best guild is, but like the idea of it. So have wee sean Sting and Rogue before the time skip? Now i really want to know what Gildartz just saw, that's great that he's going to be the next master.
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 22:26   Link #5014
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
And so the "Grand Magic Games" arc begins. Only 20-something episodes before the anime reaches the point the manga is at.

Guys, I'm scared.
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 22:38   Link #5015
ginger02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Never thought there would be a tournament to figure out who the best guild is, but like the idea of it. So have wee sean Sting and Rogue before the time skip? Now i really want to know what Gildartz just saw, that's great that he's going to be the next master.
Nope we haven't seen them before. They seem to know Fairy Tail, though FT was pretty famous back in the day.

So it seems like FT's reputation has taken a toll. Even though they saved the day in the last arc, i can see why people would think it is still their fault.

Dan was funny in this, and i loved the interaction between the two. Hope to see them once again, I'm sure we will. I liked Natsu in this episode a lot too. His personality seemed to shift in the last arc.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 22:45   Link #5016
immblueversion
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Where you're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
Dan was funny in this, and i loved the interaction between the two. Hope to see them once again, I'm sure we will. I liked Natsu in this episode a lot too. His personality seemed to shift in the last arc.
Shifted how?
__________________
I'm not the boss.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 22:49   Link #5017
ginger02
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Shifted how?
Compared to previous arcs, he seems, i don't know how to explain it, but less annoying i guess lol. Like in the Key of the Starry Sky, he wasn't that prideful or overzealous about Fairy Tail's honor, he just wanted to help Lucy. He didn't seem to pick unnecessary fights and came off as less preachy to me. Maybe it is because we didn't see him as often as we have in other arcs.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 02:36   Link #5018
Raviel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Can't wait for the anime to catch up to the REALLY interesting parts of the Grand Magic Games arc.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 03:04   Link #5019
MAX_COLA_POWER!
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Shifted how?
Well, we're pretty close to november, so they may do something when the fourth OVA comes out, like 1-2 week break or somethin.
__________________
She's in your internets, watching you masterdebate.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 04:23   Link #5020
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Interesting episode, it's kind of a shame that Legion had to leave...at least they got a good reason to disappear for now. Okay-ish OP, much like many previous ones, and an ED focus of the last character I'd expect to get an ED :O Not that I mind though^^

And so begins FT's quest to reclaim the #1 spot in Fiore's guild list! Sabertooth looks like tough competition, should be exciting. Coming up next: Natsu vs Max. Wtf
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, magic, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.