AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 14
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 103 46.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 57 25.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 19 8.52%
7 out of 10 : Good... 16 7.17%
6 out of 10 : Average... 10 4.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 5 2.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 3 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.45%
1 out of 10 : Tortuous... 8 3.59%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-07, 07:55   Link #281
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 24
Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Beautiful and just as I imagined it when reading the LN. 10/10
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 07:59   Link #282
Rayrah
Femme Fatale
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Comparison to what I remember someone saying the novel said back in episode 10... ^^; (can someone confirm?):
Spoilers
Spoiler for Clarification on said comparison
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 08:04   Link #283
Grey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Sort of lacking for a "final boss" fight. Oh well. Guess they have to budget for the rest of the episodes. So even if Kayaba's a "final boss" they can't give him final boss time and animation.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 08:20   Link #284
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Looks like Commanders secret is out!
Those players sure felt extremely betrayed.
A deal with the devil is never a good option.
Kirito vs Commander! Awesome battle!
It was kinda ridicules seeing how much stronger Commander was.
Well, Kirito payed the price of his heroism.
Gained nothing and lost his precious Asuna.
At least he gave Kitiro a new strength to even overcome death.
The game finally ended, but it's just the beginning ^^
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 08:31   Link #285
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Even if she did, Heathcliff said that you can't remove paralysis by yourself - and everyone except him and Kirito were down. Anyway...

SAO was a unique game in more ways than one, so having an element of the unknown only made it better for me. Overall I'd give 8.5/10 to the Aincrad arc.
Could be a food buff that reduces the duration for cc
__________________
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 08:35   Link #286
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
I'll just save myself the time of asking and just assume that the great power of love let Asuma overcome her paralysis and ultimate willpower gave Kirito another opportunity to take down Kayaba. :3
__________________

Last edited by blakstealth; 2012-10-07 at 12:09.
blakstealth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 09:13   Link #287
mdauben
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a world all my own
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokukirin View Post
But man, Kirito x Asuna is such a refreshing match up. I just can't help but love them both and hope for the best possible outcome for them. I cannot remember feeling this way towards any couple in anime.
Yeah, I have to agree with this one. Little or no time wasted on the nervous fumbling or stupid misunderstandings that clog up most anime teen romance. I like the fact that they actually got married (even if it was just "in-game"). Something you don't see much in anime. It just came across as very genuine to me.
__________________
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-4/711686/urdsiggyformdaubenke6.JPG
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 09:14   Link #288
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
ultimate willpower gave Kirito another opportunity to take down Kayaba.
That was power of love too. They didn't put that shot of Asuna saying she believes in him for the lulz.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 09:20   Link #289
chancs
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: where magic is reality
Send a message via Skype™ to chancs
Finally the anime arc was over...I found the overall anime till now very good and will rate it at 9/10. I can't wait to see how they... [mod edit: censored]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-07 at 13:07. Reason: removed spoiler/hint
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 09:47   Link #290
crzyone01
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
To all those asking how Asuna broke the paralysis, Kirito still moving after 0 hp etc. No program ever written is perfectly coded. And seeing as this is the first application in the SAO universe to use the equipment that links the brain to the game there are bound to be some sort of unforeseen issues. Also taking into account that the fight to the death may or may not have been scripted into the game entirely (let alone the fact kirito was fighting the final boss in a room another boss already was killed in).

I think the biggest flaw of the episode was the opening and how rushed everything was. We ended episode 13 with people in the battle dying to just remove a sliver of the boss' health bar but then episode 14 starts and the boss is dead.
crzyone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 09:52   Link #291
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
Kirito didn't die when he was killed,
Way to subvert the F/SN meme, SAO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltaray View Post
For me it looked like Kirito accidentally started his sword skill, which just happened to be the longest possible combo of 27 hits "The Eclipse", entirely possible to accidentally start it when swinging around with swords.
Spoilers
Spoiler for Vol 1 -- Comparison to this ep -- Kirito's narrative
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

[mod edit: removed allusions to future content]

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Basically, Kayaba is a Chuyubonni genius who had the ability to turn his fantasy into terrifying reality with the aid of VR.
I think he was more of an idealist than a full-out chu2byo. Since chu2byo usually equates to escapism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I agree about that scene being so emotional. In fact I think it's one of the most emotional scenes I've seen in an anime. The relationship between Kirito and Asuna is portrayed more realistic than most other anime couples, which is why it is quite heartbreaking.
IMO, I agree with this. So much. I cried buckets.

[mod edit: removed quote to another post with the same reply as above... once is enough]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Now, here's the part where I thought the anime was over, because...you know, they beat the game? What's next, Kirito opening a private server of SAO and going crazy from his past experience? I suppose next week's episode will answer that

P.S: Kayaba Akihiko is 100% crazy and definitely the biggest troll ever. "Why did you make this into a death game?" - I don't remember, lawls.
Spoiler for Non-serious and randomly sarcastic:


True, Kayaba is a troll. Then again, Reki makes GREAT hate-able trolls like some unmentioned AW antagonist others may have already mentioned...

IMO this ep 10/10

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-10-07 at 12:57.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 10:09   Link #292
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
True, Kayaba is a troll. Then again, Reki makes GREAT hate-able trolls like some unmentioned AW antagonist others may have already mentioned...
Actually, for someone who killed 4000 people on a whim, I find him remarkably likable.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 10:33   Link #293
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Actually, for someone who killed 4000 people on a whim, I find him remarkably likable.
As did I, and I find that rather disturbing about myself!

I knew something wasn't right about Heathcliffe and he wasn't a good guy, but I never expected him to be the bad guy!

I totally gasped out loud when Asuna jumped in the way of Heathcliffes' final blow. I hardly ever do that.

Did anyone else notice how scuffed and banged up Kirito's Nerve Gear helmet was?

Endless "Disturbed" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 10:40   Link #294
Arya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Wow, now I'm quite excited to see the next episode. Talking about the current one, well, it was less enjoyable than usual. The fast forward on the struggle in killing the boss was a bit a let down. Really interesting the big revelation about Heathcliff that sadly on the other hand killed every tension I had. That's basically because, well, everything that came after that became quite obvious. I mean, as an only anime viewer I had few basic rules about SAO that were made subtly clear in the show: Kirito is immortal, Asuna is immortal and their love is immortal, at least inside SAO. So everything, except the very end, felt a bit underwhelming. Just because I knew they would have made them die to just say few second later: ops they are not So basically I was already thinking on what they intended to do after the "resurrection", so the fact that apparently they will return IRL was the most interesting part of the episode.
Anyways I have to re-watch it.

On a side note I would have expected Kirito being fatter and not thinner. It's looked like they didn't give him meals properly more than being in a sort of a coma. Letting aside the fact that he actually walked away, but that's the power of love so I was completely fine with that.
__________________

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 10:56   Link #295
Tsundere Louise
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tristinian Academy of Magic
You know, I wonder if they will tell what happened to Yui-chan... I would really like to see that they saved her.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic214404_2.gif
Tsundere Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 11:22   Link #296
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Kuradeel's sword didn't disappear when Kirito killed him, either, so that's likely not the case.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 11:29   Link #297
LKK
Moderator
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia, USA
Age: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
On a side note I would have expected Kirito being fatter and not thinner. It's looked like they didn't give him meals properly more than being in a sort of a coma. Letting aside the fact that he actually walked away, but that's the power of love so I was completely fine with that.
Long-term coma patients become thinner because their muscles atrophy from disuse. Even if therapists regularly come in and work the patient's muscles, there's some muscle loss. The walking away was highly unrealistic though. Personally, I forgave the writers that because it made for such an uplifting scene.
__________________

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 11:38   Link #298
eduard3
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I was pretty disappointed that they skipped the boss fight. After last ep's ending I was REALLY hoping to see a good boss fight.
I think everything else is pretty well made, could use some more explanation.

I haven't read the posts here much but I wouldn't be surprised if people here are going a bit hectic because the game is done. My advice is just look forward to whats to come.

For the "Change To Immortal Object" thing....wasn't it red? I took it into context that red meant disabling that command, thus disabling his immortality. I don't think it's a mistake, although its perspective wise.
eduard3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 12:06   Link #299
karuroso
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Long-term coma patients become thinner because their muscles atrophy from disuse. Even if therapists regularly come in and work the patient's muscles, there's some muscle loss. The walking away was highly unrealistic though. Personally, I forgave the writers that because it made for such an uplifting scene.
I asked my sister who is studying medicine about this (and made her ask her friends about it too) and the concensus was that it's possible but highly improbable, so I guess Kirito used all his willpower to move, believable if we consider his reason...
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 12:07   Link #300
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
I'm surprised the nurses didn't come rushing when the leads were ripped off his body and the machine flatlined because of it. Usually that gets people running to the room.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.